Jess' New Years Eve Party
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Jess' New Years Eve Party Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Jess' New Years Eve Party

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jess' New Years Eve Party Empty Jess' New Years Eve Party

Post by Jess Potter Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Spoiler:
^Read

3 hours. That was all the remained of the year 2010. Whichever way you looked at it, 2010 had been a big year. The ups had been soaring, unknown, brilliant. Never before had Jess, or half the people he knew, experienced such great experiences.

Having said that, the lows had been crushing. Never before had he known such terrible things to happen in the Wizarding world. One would think that the ups would have had a more outstanding presence, but in all reality they'd just served to highlight the lows.

However, all this was a part of the past, and just had a great ability to push things like that back into the recesses of his memory, at least for another day. For now, it was New Years Eve, and he was in the mood for a great party.

Donning some more appropriate party attire, e.g. not a wizarding cloak, he pulled a string or two and chartered out a scenic boat, then "Reminded" the muggle owner that he needed to be elsewhere that night, and that his boat license was well within reason to allow him to captain the boat. What the hell, why do you care? There on the other side of the screen, all that matters is that we have a boat on a harbour that we can party on, isn't that good enough? Infinite food and drink to, so have fun. Well, that's what Jess would have thought, had he been narrating the situation.

A week or two earlier he'd sent out invitations to all his friends, and already a lot of them were here, the fun ones, at least were. Walking over to the bar he reached into the fridge, one that felt like it went on forever, and fished himself out a drink, before walking off to mingle with various people.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Jess' New Years Eve Party Empty Re: Jess' New Years Eve Party

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:00 am

Khaat and Brian walked the deck of the chartered boat together. Khaat had selected a pair of sleek black dress slacks, and a shimmering red halter top, and tall red stillettos. She was still using her black walking stick, and she had tossed an elegant shawl over her shoulders for later.

Brian had gotten her a glass of champagne when he had gotten his beer. She liked how elegant he looked tonight. He had worn a very elegant gray suit. It was sharply tailored and fit him really well. She liked walking the deck with him and looking over the lights in the harbor. It was a beautiful night, and the break away from the snow in Englad was a welcome change. She was glad for the warmer temperatures. She hadn't thought of spending New Year's Eve in Australia, but when Jess's invitation came, she had been pleased to be able to go.

She saw Jess starting to mingle with the others. It had been too long since she and Jess had talked really about anything. She went over to him, and said. "Thank you for the invitation, Jess," she smiled, "This is beautiful. I could get to like it here a lot. Michael told me that there is quite a fireworks display here at midnight. I'm not sure how he knew that, but he said it really is something to see. I'm looking forward to it. Oh, I know you probably thought of it, but Brian and I brought a case of Italian champagen. Well, prosecco, as they call it. But it's very nice. Thought perhaps we'd bring a gift to the party, and Brian and I have found that prosecco is a wonderful thing."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Cassidy had arrived with Brian, Khaat, jack, Jess and Steven she wore a simple black dress and heels thought not to high so that she could still do her duty if she had to protect Khaat and Brian from any unwanted attacks. Ste scanned the room still working as she held a glass of orange juice she never drank on duty she saw Steven doing the same. She turned and looked out over the harbor as they passed the opera house. The one thing she noticed was the heat .

Walking over to Brian and Khaat she stood close buy wondering just what she was to do . She chuckled seeing jack sweep Jess on to the dance floor and dance with her something she had never done.

" nice party" she said noticing the host moving around the room.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Jack held Jessica as they stood on a boat the music and decorations showing a celebration . He hoped Jessica would relax a little now and start to be her self , to him she looked stunning along with cassidy and Khaat.

Passing her a drink from the drinks table he nodded to Jess the host who he saw walking around the room "nice party Jess " he said and raised his glass to him " like the idea of having it on the boat " he drank his drink and turned to Jessica taking her hand as the music turned to one he could dance to pulling her to the center of the floor he slowly moved with her in his arms.

Jessica had just picked up her drink when she felt Jack's arms around her and she chuckled knowing what he was about to do. swept off her feet she slowly moved with him smiling and feeling like she was relaxed "you know your a hopeless romantic " she said chuckling as she gently kissed him in time to the music she looked at Jess and smiled "I agree the views wonderful , I've never been to Sydney but its wonderful" she said smiling at him.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Steven looked around the room he watched and memorized every ones face he woes a dark blue suit and a tie to match. He'd washed and brushed his hair though he didn't feel much like dancing he could enjoy the night time views as the boat moved.

Leaning on the wooden railing he watched the Oprah house drift by them and he smiled seeing Khaat and brain along with jack and Jessica enjoying them selves. Something inside him envying them at the happiness but he pushed that to the back of his mind seeing Cassidy alone too.

Cassidy looked at Steven and walked over to him to stand with him. She downed her drink.

"OK, just so you know we're just work partners, but still, you look like you could use some company" she said she smiled " ow one more thing, I don't dance , never knew how" she looked at him sheepishly.

Steven chuckled at her as she lay down the rules and he agreed with each one he needed some one he could just hang with.

"ok well I'll teach ya how to dance " he took her hand and placed her glass down leading her to the dance floor.

Cassidy was a little scared about dancing bit confidence came when he agreed just friends , she took a deep breath and copied his movements as they glided across the floor together .

"wow, nice dancing" she said with a smile seeing the look on his face become brighter. maybe she thought this night would not be so dull.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Michael had come ahead to Sydney on Boxing Day. He had some "business" to attend to, and he was quite pleased with himself. He was checked into the finest room in the Amora hotel and enjoying a bit of five star luxury. He was registered using an alias of an Oxford professor, and it seemed to be working for him. He was, however, running from the attractive brunette at the concierge's desk. Annette. She seemed to really be looking for a rich older man that she could bilk and she had mistakenly thought Michael to just be dotty enough that she could scam him easily. She had no idea Michael was the king of scams. It was just an occupational hazard. He had taken to rather hastily running the other way when he saw her coming.

He was glad to escape the hotel tonight. He had thought he had seen her trying to tail him for a block or two. That had annoyed him highly. He had slipped into a bar, ducked into the men's room and apparated out and across town. He was amused now by images of Annette stalking the mens room still. If Ozzy showed tonight, he was going to inquire about a possible vacancy in one of his bug jars for her.

Still, the night was warm and the sea air was crisp. Michael took in a deep breath of it and relished in it. Freedom was a wonderful smell. He boarded the ship that Sirius had rented and was pleased to see that the young leader knew how to go all out.

He looked about to see who was there that he knew. Well, there was Sirius, the young host himself, doing the appropriate mingling duties. He saw Khaat's entourage. He wasn't sure if they were friends or merely bodyguards masquerading as friends. Either way, he was sure they were dedicated to trying to keep her safe. Then he saw Brian standing near a little toothpick of a figure who was gimping on a black walking stick of some sort. He had to do a doubletake. That little toothpick was Khaat.

Well, that tore it, in Michael's book. He had avoided killing Barker because Khaat had asked him not to. However, she was married to an idiot. And that idiot was now in charge of those bedsheets in Azkaban. How much could it really take to bribe a bedsheet anyway? There should be a way, he figured, to set them to sucking out Barker's soul and letting him have ringside seating to watch.

He found his way to the bar and asked about firewhiskey. They gave him a couple of brands to choose from. His eyes lit up at the second choice. It wa a brand that was rather rare, but it had nice afternotes of smokiness and spices that Michael really liked. He made a mental note to find Sirius and ask him where he'd found it so he could buy a case or four. The bartender set the whiskey glass on the bar, and Michael lit his Mershon pipe before picking up his glass. He headed towards Khaat and Brian.

"Well done, Sirius," Michael said to the young host as he passed him. "Remind me to ask you about your source for firewhiskey later, Lad. This sort is hard to find. Well done, indeed."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid Devereoux Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:42 am

Reid came onto the boat, a little frazzled and frustrated. He had gotten tired of waiting up for Calvin. They had decided to come to the party, but then he had not shown up at home. He had probably gotten distracted, knowing Calvin, so Reid had left him a note, complete with pictures to make up for leaving him behind, and headed off on his own.

Reid's hair had grown a bit longer and hung on his forehead, wavy and messy. He had on his black skinny jeans and his long black Converse on. He had on a graphic tee displaying the Mario Bros standing back to back, thumbs up and it said "Bromance" underneath. Reid liked to think he was Luigi because he was taller, but so did Calvin sometimes. What could you do?

Reid went and found a Firewhisky before going and leaning against the railing on the boat, leaning back and sighing. He did not know anyone it seemed and he was much too awkward to go and introduce himself. No, he would be the random stranger no one quite knew what to do with...
Reid Devereoux
Reid Devereoux
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Don't you just love nibblies? Entree meals, as you may call them. The little ones that endlessly seem to float around at events just like this one. In fact, the ones that were floating around this one were quite nice too. So nice, in fact, that Jess had taken, a small piece of quiche, and had taken a bite, only to spill the contents of it on his shirt.

Fiddling to wash it up, he hadn't noticed Khaat's arrival, as he was busy cursing, and muttering spells too. "Scourgify," he said, cleaning the last of the stains out of his white shirt, and off the silver tie. "Damn, why such light colours?" he muttered, before noticing his two newest guests.

"Hello there!" He said, his joy at Khaat's arrival showing through his face and voice. "It's not a problem my dear, thank you for coming," he said, leaning over and giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Happy New Year," he said, waving at Brian who seemed to be standing a short distance away. Hearing her next statement he shook his head, a sly grin on his face. "Khaat, you shouldn't have. But thank you anyway, that'll be perfect for New Years, thanks heaps." He said with a smile. "In a few hours can you remind me of the name though, no doubt I will forget it during the toasts," he said with a chuckle, before noticing a few more of his friends arrive.

"Excuse me, please, as you know," he said, leaving the statement unfinished, knowing Khaat, of all people would understand. "Hello," he said, walking over to someone who appeared to know Khaat and Jess. "Happy New Year," he said to Cassidy, clicking his fingers and summoning a glass of champagne (Not the prosecco), and offering it to her. "Jess Potter," he said, before noticing her noticing of Jess and Jack. "Ah, I know who you are now," he said with a grin, chuckling lightly. "It's safe here you know," he said honestly to her. "And besides, do you honestly think that I would leave one of my parties unguarded?" he asked, trusting that Khaat would have told her who he truly was. "Relax, have some fun, and don't worry for this one night, then you can go back to guarding them with freaky vigilance, i think Khaat would agree with me, you know." he told her.
"And thanks," he said in regards to her comment, walking away with a grin, to greet more guests, waving at Steven as he passed him on his way to see her. "Happy New Year," he said as they passed each other.

Although he had planned to greet Jess and Jack, two of his best friends, he did have a measure of tact, and he wasn't one to interrupt a dance for a greeting that could surely wait, instead, he sufficed with a wave, and mouthing the word "Later," with a nod, before continuing on his rounds.

Reaching the bar he wasn't at all surprised to find Michael sitting down and enjoying a stiff one. Of course, Khaat's comments earlier may have ahd something to do with the lack of surprise, but he'd never have to know that, would he. "Hello Michael," he said, pulling a stool up next to him, looking out the window at the view, and seconding Michael's order, taking a glass for himself. "Will do," he said with a smile, wondering how on earth he was going to remember to remind Michael to ask him later, let alone where he'd got the drink itself from. "It is quite a good mix, isn't it" he commented, taking a sip of the drink. "Glad to be here?" He asked, "I heard you arrived a few days ago, is that true?" he asked, wondering what business Michael could have found in Sydney to fill up his Christmas-New Year gap.

Before he could answer though he saw another guest arrive, one wearing a particularly funny tee shirt. Of course he mustn't have recognised the host, as he walked straight past Michael and himself and ordered a drink, before walking away. Grinning, Jess grabbed a napkin, scrunched it up, and threw it at the man's general direction. As it flew the paper folded itself into a paper bird, no, a plane. No, a paper-super man. Oh wait, no, it was a bird. Sadface. Anyway, a bird that flew over to the man and landed on his shoulder. "Nice shirt," the bird said, before bursting into a small flaming arrow which pointed at Jess, who right on cue gestured for him to join Michael and himself.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:25 pm

"Personally," Michael said to Sirius, "I am delighted to be here. For one thing, you do have some odd women down here. There is a certain brunette concierge at my hotel that has taken a shine to me, and I found myself being chased down the street and into a muggle bar and into the mens' room to lose her. I'm having visions of her stalking the mens' room door awaiting my return. I have been imagining her befuddlement at my escape from that windowless room. Its a rather amusing vision, actually.

"I see Khaat's entourage is sufficiently overprotective. They might as well stand down, though. Gelding and Burke aren't so stupid as to show up here tonight. And, to be frank, I don't know that Gelding know how to portkey this far. That lad is not nearly as brilliant as his father was, and has a great deal less gray matter with which to operate. Burke is another matter, but I sent him on a wild goose chase this evening that will take him several hours for him to unravel enough to find he's been the victim of a ruse. By that time, Quinn will, no doubt, have his lady back in hiding. The boy needs to lean she can handle herself.

"Me? Yes, I got here almost a week ago. On Boxing Day, as a matter of fact. I have a friend of mine who had a family heirloom liberated from him about five years ago. A collection that goes back almost 500 years in his family. I was able to trace it down to a rather unscrupulous art dealer here in Sydney and I took it upon myself to liberate the gems in question back in order to return them to their rightful owner. After all, what's the man going to do? Run off to the muggle police and declare that his illgotten gain has been pilfered from him? Anyway, I most likely will return the stones to their rightful owner tomorrow. They are quite safe tonight, I believe. And the reward for their safe return is a nice piece of change for me.

"So, tell me, Sirius. How is it that an Aussie like yourself finds himself in London, anyway?"
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:50 pm

New Year’s Eve. For many people, this night was something to look forward to because it represented a chance to start over, an opportunity for new beginnings. This night represented a whole host of possibilities for the new year, and people used it as an excuse to turn over new leaves.

Remy, on the other hand, used it as she used any other night: as an opportunity to go hunting. Yes, New Year’s Eve did bring about more chances than your average night to rub elbows – and other body parts – with the upper echelon of society, and champagne reigned supreme in the alcohol arena, but it was more or less the same story.

Usually, Remy would have found a party to crash on New Year’s Eve, but to her surprise, she had actually received an invitation this year. It had come in a small envelope with a return address of one Jess Potter. Remy had smirked heavily at this before tearing the envelope open and finding that she would be needing to make her way to Sydney. It seemed her not-all-that-subtle seduction of Jess at a prior ministry function had not been forgotten.

The trick was getting to Sydney, because apparition was not exactly Remy’s strong suit. To solve this problem, Remy had used her resources – read: body – to worm her way into the heart of a muggle businessman who had connections to Australia. He had been all too pleased to charter her a jet to Sydney to “visit a long lost cousin for the holidays”, which is how Remy came to be standing at the port of Sydney Harbor, looking up at a boat large enough to be considered a cruise ship.

She did not linger long on the platform, though, and instead stepped across the footbridge that brought her onto the deck of the boat. Remy’s eyes darted quickly through the crowd, scoping out the scene and mentally ranking the potential of each male in the room. Females were easier to scan over, especially considering the females here were already married and surrounded by their overprotective husbands. Nothing doing there. There was an attractive younger male with an unfortunate taste in clothing standing along the railing of the boat. Tempting. Within a few seconds, though, she spotted Jess talking to an ancient looking old man near the bar. Alcohol and Leader of the Order of the Phoenix in the same place? Not a hard decision on Remy’s part.

She crossed the deck in a few long strides, looking confidently at Jess as she approached him. She had chosen to wear a simple black dress for the event, strapless, but tight in all the right places. It wasn’t a flashy dress – Remy knew when she needed to be able to fly under the radar. Perhaps the only notable thing about her outfit were a pair of patent leather, four inch heels.

When she reached Jess and the other gentleman, Remy gave Jess one of her winningest smiles, leaning forward to kiss him lightly on the cheek in such a way that it could be construed as a normal, harmless greeting, even though Remy knew perfectly well that Jess would respond differently to it.

“Jess, thank you so much for the invitation,” she said, focusing on maintaining the proper level of enthusiasm, “It was such a pleasant surprise.”

“And who is your friend?” Remy asked, faking genuine interest while turning to survey the grey-haired man next to Jess, whom Remy really wished would disappear. She didn’t recognize the man, which meant she would have to tread carefully around him until she figured out how to win him over, the way she did nearly every other male she came in contact with.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top