Through Hell and Back
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Through Hell and Back Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Through Hell and Back

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Through Hell and Back Empty Through Hell and Back

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:38 am

It had not been easy. The escape. By now, everyone was on the look out for Felix, and she had just been part of the description of him, so she had not been spared anything and they had to complicate escaping by having her pretend to be held against her will. Luckily, they had escaped, but in one of the frays with Aurors, her wand had been obliterated.

When Felix and Naomi had had time to relax and discuss what to next, Felix suggested they find her a new wand, she suggested they seek help from another Death Eater... It had come to Felix it was obvious what to do next. They were going to Elldir's wands.

They apparated directly outside the store and slipped inside, pulling the door closed firmly behind them. Naomi hurried over to the main counter and dinged the bell, glancing over at Felix, worry creasing her face. They were tired, hungry, and not exactly healthy. This was their last chane. Perhaps Thaorson could help them.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Through Hell and Back Empty Re: Through Hell and Back

Post by Felix Barker Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:47 am

Felix shut the door quickly and looked out the front door as she went to the front of the store to get her wand. He was watching for aurors having followed them, his wand out, watching the street. He was exhausted, dirty, and had quite a few bruises and cuts on his body now. When people said that criminals were on the run, they literally meant on the run. Felix and Noami must have ran all up and down the coast in an attempt to shake off their perusers, they couldn't go into crowded places without risk of getting caught, so they couldn't slip into crowds, they had to stay clear of any towns, and it seemed that all of Felix's fake names had been discovered. No using them to buy a safe house. There was nothing they could do but keep on the run, foraging food, sleeping on the ground most of the time, unless they were lucky. They had even spent a week camped out in an old traincar, when it had rained for most of the time, thundering along, cold, wet, and hungry.

Felix was nearly collasped by the door, and wasn't sure if he would be able to hold of any aurors if they did come. Thaorson was their last chance, and he meant that literally. Naomi had the ring on, but he knew that if they caught her, she would be tried for his accomplice, not his hostage. He couldn't save her at all, she was stuck in the clutches of these people. Elijah and Khaat had been found, and were healing, they were safe and happy now, and it was Felix and Naomi's turn to be exhausted and hurt. Felix found a chair and put it under the handle to the door, before going up to the counter to look for their... friend.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:44 am

Thaor had been cleaning up the back room of his shop, after many weeks of neglect, he decided he should tidy up. He had just thrown away what appeared to be a moldy box, when he heard the bell ring. Thaor walked to the front room, and was surprised to see Naomi, and Felix. What are you guys doing here! Thaor said surprised to see them.

I know you're on the run, it's all over the news. Thaor said, pointing to that mornings copy of Venificus Novus. You've been sloppy, never-the-less. What can I do for you two? he asked with a smile.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:00 am

Felix turned around when the man stepped out from wherever he had been. Felix looked at him calmly and then grimaced. "Sloppy? You try being neat and tidy when you have every type of law enforcement on your ass for two weeks straight, and then YOU get here and be told that you've been sloppy." He growled, moving towards him, but stopping. "We got chased.. and those bastards broke Naomi's wand, we need a new one, I'll pay whatever you want and get out of your way Thaor.. but could you at least give us something to eat or something? Maybe a place to sleep.. we haven't had much over the last two weeks... we're starving." He said and put his arm around Naomi's waste. He had never wanted this of her, and now that it was out.. well he was just happy the prophet was trying to make her out to be the victim, so when they were around company that they could trust, Naomi was his accomplice, when they were in public, he was dragging her along from one place to the next.

"So please Thaor.. I know Caelani's pissed at me, and I know I've made a mess of this, but one night.. a new wand.. and we'll leave your hair.." He said looking utterly exhausted now as he sunk into a chair and stared at him. "We're dying here..." He said shaking his head, and gestured at Naomi. Her hair was ratted, her clothes torn, there was cuts and bruises on her face too. That's what happened when you hiked for two hours up a mountainside, only to be ambushed by bounty hunters who wanted the reward, and then having to apparate away just to survive. Felix was literally wanted Dead or Alive, and it was like an old western the way people went after him.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:11 am

Naomi sighed, allowing Felix to pull her close as she leaned against him, her head drooping slightly, her eyelids closing heavily before she forced them open again. She felt like she was about to collapse, but she was too strong to let that happen. She could not convey her strength any other way, though, so she simply rested against Felix for a minute.

When Felix quieted down, he went to go sit down and she pulled out the fragments of her once beautiful wand, setting the four pieces on the counter and looking up at Thaor, slowly recalling, "It's a... It was a holly wand with dragon heartstring. Eleven inches. I don't care what the new one is, so long as it actually works. Otherwise..." Otherwise, she did not have the energy to care.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:06 am

Thaor chuckled a little as Felix started ranting on and on about how horrible it had been to be on the run. It was quite amusing to Thaor, that Felix didn't once go to Malfoy Manor, and seek protection their, maybe because he knew Caelani was infuriated with him, or perhaps his loyalties, in fact, did not lay with the Death Eaters, and their new master. Thaor attemted to see into Felix's mind to tell which one of the two possibilities were reality.

Of course I'll put you up, you can stay at my place, it is under the fidelus charm. You'll be safe there. You may, so long as you do not annoy me, stay as long as you wish. I will take you there with me when I leave my shop tonight. Thaor said, with an appeasing smile.

As for your wand, I do think this one He said, taking a wand out of a box that had been laying on the counter, will fit you quite well. 11 and 1/91st of an inch, Holly, with dragon hearthstring. Generally 55 sickles. But, in this situation, I will settle for 45 sickles. Thaor said with a smile.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:22 am

Naomi watched him, and he seemed to be focusing on Felic pretty intently. Naomi understood the way Death Eaters treated each other, because when you came right down to it, it was a political and social station, really. She knew that they had to be careful around each other, they had to tip toe, they minded their tongues, and she knew that Thaor was trying to size Felix up. It made her feel a bit more shrewd when considering the wandmaker.

However, he agreed to let them stay and she felt a lot of weight and tension release in her shoulders. No attacks tonight, no freezing cold, no wiping snow away, no scrounged food, no predators beyond what her eyes could see. They would have some level of safety and comfort and after weeks of neither, they would feel like royalty.

He proffered a new wand and she gingerly reached out and picked it up. Immediately, her hand twitched to hold it correctly and she felt the natural fusion of fingers to wood. She concentrated hard and created a burst of golden sparks from her wand. She turned to Felix to let him know that the wand would work and she looked back at Thaor. "Thank you. It's perfect."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top