Stranger Danger
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stranger Danger Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stranger Danger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stranger Danger Empty Stranger Danger

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Naomi waked down the street, headed away from her favorite shop where she had just had an encounter with her ex-boyfriend Rory. She found it strange how one little run-in could cause her to not only dwell upon the past, but simultaneously fret about the future, It was not fair that she spent her time convincing the rest of the world she was a brain dead popular girl, when in fact she was constantly running circles in her mind over these complex, trying thoughts...

She felt her cheeks tinge slightly pink in the cold wind, and she pulled at the collar of her military jacket. At least she looked the part- military jacket, dark shirt beneath, dark skinny jeans, short boots, black gloves, a small scarf. Pale face, pale curly hair, grey eyes painted with charcoal makeup. Beautiful but intimidating. The way she was raised. The way she got what she wanted.

She sucked in her cheeks and felt herself shiver slightly. She preferred the cold, mostly because she and her pale skin were not fans of the sun, but she had a small frame that did not protect too well against the biting wind. She turned, looking for refuge, but seeing crowds in all of the promising places... Crowds... another thing she had to pretend to enjoy, but loathed to her core.

She saw a small booth that offered a wide umbrella to shield from the cold, icy air and she felt her feet turn that way. She crossed her arms as she did so, something she usually did not to because it looked to defensive for her taste. However, when freezing cold... You had to do what you had to do.

She stepped towards the stand and felt warmth. The vendor obviously had cast some sort of spell around the area. Clever. She nodded and realized it was an odds and ends sort of booth. There was some candy, some trinkets, the Prophet, some witch magazines. The vendor asked kindly if she was looking for anything. She shook her head and began to examine some of the trinkets. "No, no... Just browsing."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Stranger Danger Empty Re: Stranger Danger

Post by Felix Barker Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Felix pulled his collar up farther over his mouth. He had just apparated away from his job. Which included torturing women, but hey, money was money eh? Except that now he had a trail of people after him, all thinking he had his own personal agenda to torture and kill people. He really didn't, but eh, he was the bad guy eh? The one who did the crime, meant that he was the one who thought up the crime too. Oh well, he pulled his black cloak around him tighter and turned his head to look for his dog. He had only momentarily stopped at his house before coming here. No doubt they were going through his stuff as he walked down the street. So as a precaution he had grabbed a bag, thrown some stuff in it, and woke his dog back up.

The giant Siberian Husky/Wolf Mix trotted along the road slightly behind him. His paw was still sore, but looking much better now. Felix had decided on Hogsmeade as a hide out for a few reasons. First no one would think to look for him so close to children. They would expect some countryside retreat, somewhere hidden and far removed from the public, not a crowded street full of kids buying things. But he also didn't want to draw to much attention to himself. So his hood was up against the cold, his collar over his mouth, and he made his way over to a side cart, making it there just as a beautiful Hogwarts student arrived also.

"Hey gorgeous." He said with a grin, which was hidden by his collar. "Why aren't you in there with all of your buddies?" He asked jerking his thumb to the Three Broomsticks, which was crowded and noisy. He grinned at her and leaned against the pole of the stand, knowing that he was just hidden enough to look cold, but his eyes showed clearly, his hair fluffed around his head in small currents as the wind blew up under his hood. He picked up a rather pretty necklace and looked at her. "Matches your eyes." He said with a flattering grin. He was a very handsome man, and his attempts at a woman weren't out of his league. He pulled his collar down to show his mouth so that she could better appreciate his good looks.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Naomi continued picking up the odds and ends the little forlorn looking cart offered even when a stranger strolled up. She was not someone who talked to strangers unless need be, for that seemed way to out of the ordinary, and if it were to get out she was normal, then her reputation was ruined, and if her reputation was ruined, she lost the protection popularity offered... So it was simply a wise career choice to stifle her own originality.

But it seemed that this stranger had other plans on his mind. He greeted her with a 'hey gorgeous.' Oooh, so original. So unheard of. The only thing that greetings like this told Naomi about someone was that they were confident, which she supposed she could respect. She turned to face this stranger, disdain filling her large, yet cold, uninviting eyes. She allowed a spark of mischievousness, just to add some mystery.

He asked her why she was not hanging out with her friends. Hmm... Perhaps because I actually somewhat loathe my friends because of their petty wants and desires? Or because I have trust issues and don't consider anyone a friend? Or because I don't really offer people true affection because I'm screwed up like that. She supposed it was a little to early in their relationship to say any of the above. Yeah, just a bit. So instead she let out a sigh and said, "Because, then I would not be approached by guys like you, which is exactly what I was hoping for." Subtle sarcasm, enough to invite for better approaches, enough to let him know she was not a ditz. Perfect.

He picked up a necklace and smiled, pointing out that it was the same color as her eyes, roughly. Though hers were a bit more lifeless looking than the stones. Though, only those who dared look close enough might actually see the difference. "Very observant," she said, allowing a little more slyness into her voice, now that he had uncovered his face. Good looks meant influence, influence meant power. Naomi knew what she could do with power.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 am

Sarcasm. This girl wasn't as ditsy as she looked. And she looked pretty ditsy to begin with. But that's what made her interesting, she was obviously hiding herself, why, that was her own problem, but it intrigued him. Who said he couldn't seduce a girl while on the run? Being on the run made it all the more fun. He smiled at her and then flicked a coin to the guy behind the cart. "Here." he said handing her the necklace. "I think it would look good on you." he said pushing the charm to the max. She was eying him now that he was showing his face, and that made him a bit more bold then before.

"So let me guess, Hogwarts student right? Yeah, you're to pretty to be a graduate." He said with a small smirk. "You look like a Slytherin, am I right?" He asked pulling his hood down now, so that she could see his head. His cloak covered his body, which was rather well defined if he could say so himself. Felix smiled at her. "So what does a Beautiful girl like yourself call herself?" He asked with a grin at her. He was acting rather flirty, but it had been a while since he had flirted at all, it was refreshing to be able to enjoy making a girl act shy and smile because he was showing them a sort of affection. It made his 'evil' meter grow so that he could continue his job.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 am

Naomi rose an eyebrow as he handed the vendor a coin and then handed her the necklace. She eyed it for a moment before her eyes flicked up to him, scanning his face for traces of deception. She knew how to manipulate, so when she saw someone else doing it... it sparked her interest. IS this what she looked like when she was working some fool. She would take the necklace because it was a free necklace, but she would not let that let her guard down. "Thank you." She reached out and took it, before slipping into a pocket in her jacket.

At his next words she felt a small smirk come onto her face. "Oh, do people stop being attractive the second they graduate?" She deepened her smirk. "Thank you, I didn't know that. I'll be sure to try to avoid that problem." She loved pointing out the pathetic-ness of some people's statements... Too pretty for a graduate... Seriously?

He pulled down his hood and said she was a Slytherin. "I usually scorn assumptions, but yes, you are correct." He seemed to be enjoying himself, and she figured if she just allowed him the bare amount of success, he would continue to do things for her.. Which she was perfectly content with. At his next question, she turned back to the cart, picking up a newspaper and beginning to flip through it. Further Turmoil... She answered, "Naomi." She turned her head slightly, peering up at him mysteriously. "And do you have a name, or just the bad pick up lines?"
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:16 am

Felix felt himself grin. "Oh, I could do worse pick up lines if you want me to." he said with a grin. "Naomi... that's a nice name." he glanced down at the prophet she had suddenly grabbed and grinned slightly. Something to do with her hands he was sure. He ran his hand through his hair and then snapped lightly, watching her facial expressions. A Slytherin, guarded, and beautiful too. He was starting to like this pretty little Naomi.

Felix found himself staring at the way her hands grasped the paper, and was shaken out of his reveere when he realized she had indeed asked a question. "My name eh?" He asked with a small hint of malice in his voice. He had never before NOT said his name, but these days it wasn't all that wise to go around saying his name. But this was just one little kid, one stupid Hogwarts Student that no one even cared about, so why not say his name? She had only given her first name, so why not just give his? It was only fair anyway. Felix smiled slightly and then shook his head, leaning towards her. "Names Felix luv." He said and reached up, gently touching a strand of hair.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 am

She flicked her eyebrows up when he said he could say much lamer pick u jokes and she nodded slowly, "Ah. A girl's dream. Lucky me." She felt her smirk widen a bit and she turned her eyes from him, something she knew usually frustrated handsome young men. They knew they looked good and wanted girls to know too. So when a girl refused to look at them...

She unfolded the paper and scanned it, giving herself something to do to act as though she was thoroughly bored by his little game. As though some stupid newspaper article about the minister or cauldron-bottom thickness was more interesting than his advances; yet another way to get an interested young man wrapped around one of her delicate, pale fingers.

He gave her his name. Felix... Funny... She swore she had just run across that name... She continued, saying, "Hmm... Like the cat?" She hated to admit any ties to muggles, but she was also a fan of vintage things, and Felix the cat was rather vintage. She let out a tiny, controlled chuckle and continued scanning the paper- There. Felix. Felix Barker...

She only thought of irritating him. she held up the paper. "Or like Felix Bar-..." She suddenly saw the picture... The picture of him. And then words popped out at her. Torture. Hitlist. Evil. Criminal. Oh no... She stared at the paper, losing sense of time and place momentarily. "...-ker."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 am

"I hate cats." Felix said, watching her as she scanned the paper. She wasn't looking at him, but that was all fine, until suddenly she said his last name. His eyes flew to the paper she was reading, and saw a picture of himself, torture, Hitlist, Evil. "Damn." he growled and his eyes flew to the man who was running the stall. "Shit." He growled and he pulled out his wand. "Obliviate." he growled pointing his wand at the man who ran the stall. He reached out and grabbed the girl's wrist, bringing her close to him. "Dammit!" He held onto her wrist in a vicelike grip. "Saw my name... know who I am.." He growled, and without another word started to pull her down the street. "Dammit, knew it was a bad idea to stay in the public areas." he growled, snapping his fingers impatiently. "Where to take you." He glanced back at Naomi and then smiled slightly. "Can't hurt me if I have a hostage.. yes.." He said and then stopped.

Felix whistled and his dog came running up to him. "Hyde meet Naomi, she's our new captive." He grinned and pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arm around her waist so that he could hold her better, and then reached out grabbing his dogs Collar. "Home we go." he spat out and spun on the spot, disapparating with his new captive, and his dog.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:02 am

Naomi would have been glad to hear he did not like cats seeing as she hated them herself. Be it the werewolf in her... However, she was a little too busy staring at the article as though it would suddenly give insight on how to deal with a situation in which you discovered the guy hitting on you was actually a dangerous criminal on the run...

Not like Naomi was against what he had done. Any other circumstance and she may have given him a little golf clap. She detested the Ministry, the institution that called itself so righteous and perfect even though it condoned killing criminals. But not when when she had just accidentally blown his cover, leaving her with a very angry stranger capable of bad things.

The second she turned her eyes towards him his hand grabbed her wrist. The paper fell to the ground with her surprise. She immediately jerked away, succeeding only in popping her shoulder painfully. Her eyes grew wide. There was no mystery in them now. Only surprise, anger, and the hints of fear. He had said something about hostage...

He began to drag her down the street. "Let go of me! My family will find you! I'm not some poor orphan! Let me go!" All her shouts were fruitless though. It was nearing dark and it was getting stormier by the second, so everyone was gone or inside. She squirmed, trying to turn and Apparate but his grip on her wrist was much too tight.

Suddenly, a huge dog bounded over. Naomi felt more nerves. She loved dogs and she understood them... they would do anything for their master... And that boded no well for someone who had just got on the wrong side of their master. She shivered at his words and said one last time, "I am not your hostage!" But the evidence pointed otherwise as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her so close she could smell him, and turning on the spot, wisking her away from everything she knew to a future that meant no good...
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top