The Master Becomes the Grass Hopper? - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Master Becomes the Grass Hopper? - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Master Becomes the Grass Hopper?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Master Becomes the Grass Hopper? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Master Becomes the Grass Hopper?

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:17 am

"It would not be right if it wasn't creepy," Jack said, still turning in small circles and running her eyes over everything, a small tone of appreciation in her voice. She had never been too keen on Potions until recently, when some of her natural instincts had begun to develop and she had risen to the top of her class. Who knew common sense helped in Potions...?

Nevertheless, anyone would have been impressed by the lab she currently found herself looking over. Even if people were grossed out by the bugs, they would find themselves examining them the way she was. She wanted to take it all in at once, though she was sure that it was basically impossible. The room was full of intriguing things.

She listened to his little speech carefully, even if it did not look like it; she was still attempting to take everything in. She was glad to hear that the owner of the lab would be fine with it. She really did not need to add the Minister of Magic to the list of people who were unhappy with her. As it was, the list was too long to write down anywhere...

"Okay," she said, still unsure as to what she was supposed to do then, so she continued scouring the room with her eyes, turning over this or that odd instrument. She turned and peered under a table and spotted a box. She pulled it out and opened it, sifting through gently. She found a canteen and held it up. "Eh?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

The Master Becomes the Grass Hopper? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Master Becomes the Grass Hopper?

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:22 pm

"Oh! Well done," Michael's face brightened. "That will indeed be useful. Hang onto that. She's been held for a few days now, and I'm sure she will be hungry and thirsty both. The water will come in handy. Alright, Robert, where are the guns? I know you have guns. Where are you hiding them?" he asked himself softly. "Look for a muggle pistol of any sort. If you've never handled one, don't pick it up, just tell me. As near as we can figure out, the nut that took her is an evil little man bent on revenge because Robert was man enough to do the right thing.

"Its not that the Lupins arent'used to a certain amount of this. They are. I've never met a witch or wizard that had only so-so feelings about the Lupin family. Either they're hated because Remus was a werewolf, or they love the family because Remus was also a hell of a Defense Against the Dark Arts scholar and professor. That means the rest of the family is either loved or hated. There's not any inbetween. But this bit, well, that's just hatred gone too far. " He opened a drawer in a cabinet. "Carabiners? What the hell is he doing with a whole drawer full of carabiners? Okay. These are now mine." He drew out large handfuls of climbing carabiners and stuffed them into one of the bags. "What'd I tell you? He's an odd bird, that one. I love him dearly, but he has some weird stuff."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 am

Jack listened to Michael continue to speak, but she did not comment, only nodding when she felt that it was appropriate. When she got this involved into a task, she tended not to talk. Usually she would be all for chatting and talking and joking and messing around, but one phrase kept scrolling through her head. A woman's life depends on me.

Well, not herself so much as Michael, but Jack had still helped considerably, and she was not done yet. Until this task was done, Jack would be thoroughly focused... unless of course, something hysterical happened, then it would be appropriate to laugh.

She opened up a few drawers and kept coming up with nothing, only finding things that would be useful for potion making. She did find a vial of what looked like Veritaserum and she held out the vial towards Michael, whistling for his attention as she searched through the other drawers. She pulled one open and immediately saw a muggle hand gun. "Ask and you shall receive. I found you a gun."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 pm

"You, my dear, are indespensible to me,"he smiled, kissing the top of her head. "Thank you." He took the gun and examined it. "An automatic, huh? That will do nicely. Oh, and looky here what Robert saw fit to leave for us." He picked up a "bug jar" full of what looked like ordinary coins from all over the world. "You know what these are, Jack? Our minister has left us a wealth of portkeys. Well, well, well. I think we should have these, don't you? It will be fun finding out where they go. " He pocketted the little jar that was jammed full of coins. "Maybe we shall have to investigate these portkeys together. Unless, of course, you're tired of adventuring. Somehow I don't see you as one that tires of adventures very easily, though.

"As long as our minister is a patient in his own hospital, I feel no regret whatsoever from borrowing anying I so choose from his house. Especially since he told me to help myself. You realize that I translate that into,'Michael, please do take anything of interest.' And I usually do. He recovers, decides what he's missing, and comes and takes back what he wants. It's a very workable arrangement, really. Oh, and this is useful." He picked up a cardboard box from the back of the drawer and opened it to show two full clips of bullets for the gun. "Muggle guns are bloody useless without bullets."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Jack nodded, wincing slightly at the kiss on the top of the head as she always did when someone touched her or offered some sort of affection. It was just... the one thing she was not used to really, the one thing she really had no idea to handle. And if people asked why she acted like such a prude or a shrew of whatever she always had one foolproof excuse- cooties. People were too baffled to question it.

However, she was still in mission mode, still focused on the task at hand. Michael handled the gun and held up a jar full of coins, explaining their purpose. Jack grinned; this reminded her of her trip with Keith... same thing, really. "Y'know... it would not be the first time. Though I may have to rain check. I do have things that need attending to. But I definitely want to be apart of that adventure." Perhaps she could even drag her apprentice with her." He grabbed the bullets. "Anything else you need?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:14 am

"Not here, I don't think. But I might 'borrow' a bottle of Robert's firewhiskey on the way out. The man has superb taste in firewhiskey. He never buys anything less than top shelf when it comes to that. Shall we go?" He pocketed the gun and put the bullets in his bag. He went upstairs and left the study. He headed out of the house, pausing long enough to open one of the kitchen cabinets and removing a fresh unopened bottle of the finest firewhiskey. "My fee," he grinned at her. He added the bottle to the bag, which was starting to get a bit full. "I presume you're ready to go back to Hogsmeade now?" he asked Jack.

"I must tell you that I have completely enjoyed meeting you and that you have been incredibly helpful today. You are a brilliant and beautiful young woman, and I have no doubt your help today has helped to save the life of our Chief Warlock. When we get her back, I'd like to introduce you to her. I think you'd get along very well. You know, the next time I decide to let a boggart lose in Honeydukes or some such fun, you know I'll invite you. It will be far too delicious for you to miss.

"Speaking of delicious, if you ever get tired of that terrible house elf food at Hogwarts, do stop by my cottage. I do love to cook, but I never have anyone but myself to cook for. I live in the stone cottage with blue painted wood trim that is on the street behind Honeydukes. You can't miss it. Its the only stone cottage and the only house with blue painted wood trim. You're welcome there any time. But you need to be able to tolerate enchanted furniture. It all thinks its alive. My footstool thinks its a cocker spaniel. That's one of the reason I was out today. Bloody thing ate all my socks."

Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:02 am

She nodded. "Yes, it is about that time." She smiled at him and listened to his words, pride finally creeping into her being as she did so. It felt nice to be recognized for her good deeds... for once... and it was reassuring to know that she had helped saved the life of.. the Chief Warlock... Recognition hit Jack. She had just helped save Khaat Lupin.

She nodded at his words, smiling when he said she was welcome at his house any time. She filed the place away in her mind in the portion that said 'safe places.' She had quite a few and knew she could find safety at Michael's if she ever needed it, which was a very nice thoughts, seeing as she was usually in some sort of trouble. She laughed at his words.

She felt as though this adventure was coming to a close and she straightened herself up, brushing herself off and taking one last look around to see if there was anything left to do. Her plan was to apparate back to Hogsmeade and head on out from there. She held out a hand to shake Michael's hand. "It's been a pleasure." She was not one for words, so it was all she said before she turned on the spot and disapparating.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top