Preaching On the Corner - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Preaching On the Corner - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Preaching On the Corner

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preaching On the Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Preaching On the Corner

Post by Emmett Fisher Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 am

He paused and looked at her, finding something amusing about her comment. She had probably meant the wizarding world rather than the physical world, and yet he had had the sudden urge to make a joke, something that did not happen very often anymore, so he allowed himself to say it rather than stifle it. "No. Gandhi was the Gandhi of this world."

He smiled for the first time though he quickly glanced away and it faded as he saw two men shoving each other from inside a bar. Perfect. He looked back at Ivy, the smile gone now. "No, but I have studied Gandhi. Read a few books. Intriguing individual. I do not think to compare myself to Gandhi. I cannot hope to be that effective. I like to think of myself as a Bob Marley. He was a muggle reggae musician who promoted peace and love through the healing power of music. Though I add writing to the mix."
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Skye Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 am

Emmett had smilled to her and made a little joke. She giggled a little letting go of the peice of hair she was playing with. He had glanced over to somewhere and his smilled vanished. He told her he studied Gandhi but said he was more like Bob Marley. She had no idea who that was, but nodded her head in agreement. "Well I think more people should listen to you more often, your very smart and talented."

She stood up and threw her fist into the air and looked up to the sky and yelled, "Never give up! Keep looking forward! Don't dawn in the past! Stay positive! And an apple a day keeps the doctor away!" her burts of energy were always fun and random, well to her anyways. She looked down at Emmett and smilled, sitting back down in her spot.
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 am

Emmett nodded, saying quietly, "Thank you." The tiny part of him that had become bitter because of all the pain around him added You seem to be the only one. You and me, both, wish people would actually shut up and listen for once. They might surprise themselves and actually learn something. No one had the guts to reply back to his articles, but they would gossip about him...

Suddenly, Ivy jumped up again and began yelling at the top of her lungs. He winced, his ears thoroughly unprepared for such an attack. Had it been four levels quieter, he may have smirked at her little quips, but his ear drums were too busy throbbing for him to muster any expression. She say back down and he tuned his guitar. "Better?"
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Skye Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:17 am

She nodded her head, "Yep!" She smilled brightly, she could tell she hurt his ears and felt pretty bad. Ivy looked up towards the sky and said, "Hey, Emmett. I'm sorry I'm so loud. I can't help it at times, it just happens." She looked up towards the sky some more and Emmetts name reminded her of her fav movie. "Oh!" she said, "WAY off topic but your name reminds me of Doc. Emmett Brown! From Back to the Future! I love that movie!" she squelled as quitely as she could. She loved the Doc. and she just HAD to point it out!

Ivy saw a women walk by and give her a nasty look, Ivy just gave her a cold stone face, and glared at her. As she walked away Ivy looked around and was inspired to sing again. "Get ready to play that pretty guitar of yours Emmett."

She stood up and cleared her throut, "I'm just a step away. I'm a just a breath away. Losing my faith today. Falling off the edge today. I am just a man, not superhuman. I'm not superhuman. Someone save me from the hate...It's just another war. Just another family torn. Falling from my feet today. Just a step from the edge. Just another day in the world we live." she went into the chours and sounded sad but strong,"I need a hero to save me now. I need a hero. Save me now, I need a hero to save my life. A hero'll save me. Just in time."

"I gotta fight today, to live another day. Speaking my mind today my voice will be heard today! I've gotta make a stand, but I am just a man. I'm not superhuman my voice will be heard today! It's just another war, just another family torn. My voice will be heard today. It's just another kill. The countdown begins to destroy ourselves!

"I need a hero to save me now, I need a hero. Save me now. I need a hero to save my life a hero'll save me just in time! I need a hero to save my life, I need a hero just in time! Save me just in time...Save me just in time..." Ivy felt her heart throb, she wanted the fighting to stop. She felt her eyes become glossy as tears formed, "Who's gonna fight for what's right?! Who's gonna help us survive?! We're in the fight of our lives...And we're not ready to die. Who's gonna fight for the weak?! Who's gonna make 'em believe?! I've got a hero... I've got a hero...Livin' in me!

Tears now ran down her face but a smile appered across her face, "I'm gonna fight for whats right! Today I'm speaking my mind! And if it kills me tonight I will be ready to die. A hero's not afraid to give his life
A hero's gonna save me just in time!" She sang to the people walking, " I need a hero to save me now! I need a hero! Save me now! I need a hero to save my life a hero'll save me just in time! I need a hero! Who's gonna fight for whats right? Who's gonna help us survive? I need a hero! Who's gonna fight for the weak? Who's gonna make them believe? I need a hero...I need a hero! A hero's going to save me just in time!"

She stopped and took a deep breath, she hasn't sung a full song in a while it felt good to let it out. She wipped away her tears and still smilled. She took a bow and sat back down next to Emmett.
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:49 am

Emmett was caught off guard when Ivy told him to begin to play. She really had not taken charge in the conversation- well, she had, but this time she was practically demanding things out of him, though he did not mind. She was not being mean, nor asking too much out of him. It was simply a suggestion, a reminder, and he was always up for playing.

He began to play while she sang and he closed his eyes, trying to listen to her words and tone. He identified the key and was able to choose the appropriate chords thereafter, listening for the notes she had yet to sing, going purely by sound and by instinct. He sighed and continued, opening his eyes only when they had finally finished. He looked at her and saw tears in her eyes. "You okay?"
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Skye Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:24 am

She nodded her head at him and wiped away her tears, "Peachy keen, jelly bean." She smilled at him. She looked up at the sky and thought, "Well...I've bugged him enough for today." she stood up and said, "Well I better take my leave." she brushed herself off and reached into her pocket pulling out a hair tie. She gathered up her long red hair and pulled it back into a high pony tail. She let two strands of her bangs out of it.

She turned and stood in front of Emmett, "Untill we meet again, parting is such sweet sorrow." she smilled at him and left. She took about five steps, and turned around calling out to him, "If you need any help with anything or need an ear to listen to your ideas, I'm your go to girl!" She waved and called out again, "Bye!" This time she was leaving for sure, she smilled to herself and was dancing in the crowd bumping into people and was headed back to Hogwarts.

Last edited by Ivy Skye on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:01 am

Emmett nodded, his mouth twitching at her words, glad to hear her she was fine and not upset. She stood u and he watched her pull her hair back into a ponytail, reflecting the light. At her words, he smiled but then his eyebrows met. Was she really leaving? She did not seem like one to stop a meeting but to draw it out. He smirked when she turned.

He raised a hand and dipped his head, saying in a low voice, "Until we meet again, sunshine." She turned and hurried off to the life at Hogwarts he had left long ago and he stayed silent in her wake. Finally, he lowered his head and strummed his guitar. "What would you do, if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me... Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song, and try not to sing out of key... I get by with a little help from my friends..."
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top