Preaching On the Corner - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Preaching On the Corner - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Preaching On the Corner

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preaching On the Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: Preaching On the Corner

Post by Emmett Fisher Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:53 am

She continued to sing, leaving the chorus, and he relaxed his laying back into an accompaniment sort of tone; he had never wanted to be the main attraction. He was happy, well more so content, to simply mesh in wherever he could, wherever he naturally felt himself fall in. There was a rhythm to life, and he did not need to be the melody.

People were starting to slow as they walked by. Emmett did not take this as a good sign or a bad sign, simply a sign. People were listening. Whether they walked away full of guilt and contemplation, or they walked away think Emmett and Ivy were fools did not matter to him at the moment. The fact that they had stopped and listened. That was something.

Ivy hoped up for the chorus and he intensified his playing again, his eyes only flicking to look at her for only a moment, though no one could tell with the dark glasses he wore. He did not think much of it, just noticed, nodding slightly, in rhythm with the music. He liked to focus on the inner parts of music, not what showed on the outside. He struck the last note and he blinked as a few more silver coins came his way. He looked up at Ivy. "It's a good song."
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Skye Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:15 am

As Ivy finished her song, she put her hands down at her sides and saw people throw some more coins in. She looked down twoards Emmett and she saw him looking at her. He complimented the song and she twirled on her heels, her hair making a big cloud of red around her. She stoped, placeing one foot behind the other, and took a bow, "Thank you, I think so too." She smiled at him again and returned to her place next to him.

"Tell me Emmett..." she said his name out loud, and she liked how it sounded. Emmett, Emmett, Emmett she sang in her head. She snaped back to reality, she looked at him and blushed slightly, "Sorry...my mind tends to wander time to time." She laughed at herself for that. "Anyways, how did you learn how to play the guitar so well?" She was fasinated that he could play so well, cause when she played an intesrument, it sounded like crap.

Last edited by Ivy Skye on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:36 pm

He watched her spin and he blinked again, curious as to how one could have so much energy. He vaguely remembered that the students of Hogwarts usually had been easily excitable and obnoxious, but he had always been clueless as to how they managed to retain such a high energy level. Emmett was not lazy, but he was mellow. He did not get how they could do it... Maybe it was better that way.

She began with 'tell me Emmett...' and he turned his head to look at her, saying "Mmmm?" For a second he stared at her as she trailed off, lost on her own little world. An eyebrow went up, though it was hidden behind his large glasses and then she continued on, apologizing ans saying her mind wandered. "Understandable," he said in a forgiving voice.

She asked how he had learned to play the guitar and he shook his head. "I didn't exactly learn. I knew music and I picked up a guitar and fiddled around for a few hours and soon I was playing simple songs. Bought one, and kept at it. I realized I have perfect pitch, so it was not to much a feat." He was not bragging in the least, simply stating the facts.
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Skye Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:03 am

She was staring at him with such wonder and was still smilling. He told her that he knew music already and was testing out playing the guitar and soon he learned songs and bought his own. It was lucky that he had perfect pitch, if he didn't well...he probably would sound like her when playing.

Ivy was good at singing and dancing but not playing an instrument. She literaly failed at that, and knew that, so she doesn't even bother with it. She did love the sound of them though, she claped her hands together and leaned in closer into Emmett. "Can you play me a song Emmett?" she asked, her blue eyes staring into his dark glasses seeing her own reflection. "Pretty please! I promise not to interupt untill your done!" she begged him. She really wanted to hear him play his guitar again and hear him sing again as well.
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:11 am

Ivy seemed intrigued by the fact that Emmett had perfect pitch. Her face was full of wonderment and he raised an eyebrow, somewhat perplexed by her quick leap from indifferent-ness to utter joy and happiness. Emmett spoke of love and purity and joy in the insignificant, but he found it hard to feel happy when he looked around and saw pain, and hurt, and murder, and a torrent of things that prevented him from feeling good about the insignificant.

She then asked him to sing a song and he scoured his mind for an appropriate song. He liked Flight of the
Concords, but he had not felt able to muster the goofiness it required to sing one of their spoof-like songs. Instead he found Loser by Beck, one of his faster paced songs that he usually kept to himself. He adjusted his glasses and his guitar and began to sing.

"In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey, Butane in my veins and I’m out to cut the junkie, With the plastic eyeballs, spray-paint the vegetables, Dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose. Kill the headlights and put it in neutral, Stock car flamin’ with a loser and the cruise control. Baby’s in reno with the vitamin D. Got a couple of couches, sleep on the love-seat. Someone came sayin’ I’m insane to complain, About a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt. Don’t believe everything that you breathe. You get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve. So shave your face with some mace in the dark. Savin’ all your food stamps and burnin’ down the trailer park." He went into the chorus, "Soy, un perdoeor. I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me..."
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Skye Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Ivy was watching Emmett as it appered to look like he was thinking. Though she couldn't tell with his glasses covering his eyes. He then fixed his glasses and guitar and started to play.

He started to sing a song that she had never heard of before. Though the lyrics they were...they were amazing! Ivy was in love with how strange they were, she absolutly loved starnge lyrics. She moved her head back and forth to the beat of the gutair which seemed a bit faster then the last song he played. She saw a man drop some sickles in and that made her smile.

She thought that Emmett desirved to be heard more often. He was a smart guy and talented. She didn't know what he was fighting for, all she knew that it was a war. Though Ivy wasn't into that kind of stuff, even if it is related to her life. She still has no idea what it is. Emmett stopped sing for a bit and she staied quite for a bit and waited to see if he was going to continue singing.
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:06 am

Emmet heard the clinking of sickles and felt a tiny little bit of gratitude, though money did not please him much. The only reason he ever opened up his guitar case to money was because he would starve otherwise. Even between the job as a Leaky Cauldron musician and as a columnist, he often found he had to go without.

He contunied with the song, going through the other verses, before ending with the chrous again. "Soy, un perador. I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me... I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me... I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me...Why don't you kill me?" He hit the last note and let out a small sigh.
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Skye Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Ivy hearded him sigh a bit and said, "I think that just became my new favorite song for the week." She smilled at him and clapped a bit. She took a peice of her hair that was laying on her shoulder and started to twirl it, "What is it called?" Ivy loved to ask questions and Emmett awnsered them in a intellegent way. She looked back at the signs that were behind them and asked, "What are you fighting for? Or protesting for?" She looked back to him still twirling her hair.
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:09 am

He turned his eyes slowly to peer at her, though, again, his expression was shielded by the dark tint of his large glasses. He indulged a mouth twitch that indicated a tiny amount of pleasure. "Thank you." She asked what it was called and he cleared his throat slightly, letting his hands relax and his guitar droop back into his lap. "'Loser' by Beck. Muggle song..."

She asked what he was fighting for and protesting for and he paused. This is what he waited for to talk to people about. His cause. His passion. Peace. "I... I'm not fighting. I'm promoting. Promoting an alternative to fighting. I'm pushing for change, pushing for peace. Imploring people to shop killing each other over an exaggerate cause, over pride and greed."
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Skye Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:50 am

Emmett said thank you to her and had told her the songs name was Loser by Beck. She made a meantle note of that. Plus it was a muggle song so that means her parents can get her the song later.

He had just stopped moving and Ivy looked at him. "What is going through that head of his?" she thought. Then he began talking, he talked about promoting an alternive to fighting. Ivy's ears perked up, an alternive to fighting?! Was there a way around that?! Then he said something about pushing for peace, and for people to stop killing each other over pride and greed.

Ivy sat there nodding her head, not knowing what to say. "Wow..." she said dreamly, "That's amazing." she couldn't belive what this boy was fighting for. "So...your kinda like the Gandhi of this world huh?" She had read her brothers history book from his school one day. She had nothing else to do, so she read it all.
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top