Lesson 3 - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 3 - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 3 - Basic Level

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 3 - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 3 - Basic Level

Post by Ezra Laurisi Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Ezra raised his hand. He debated interrupting the lesson with this, he really didn't want to tick off the teacher. However, he also didn't want to not learn anything. "Wilson, sir, I don't have a partner for this exercise". He hoped he wasn't being rude by stating this. However, he wasn't going to learn if he was just sitting there doing nothing. He tapped his fingers on the desk slightly in impatience. He didn't mean for this gesture to be seen though, nor for it to be a hint of sorts. He just meant to take out his frustration on the desk.
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Ezra didn't get it. Well, first things first.

"Protego!" He fired his shield as quikly as his opponent hat raised hiswand, almost beofre the stupefy had been fired. He turned to Ezra and looked at him. "We're not working in partners, Ezra. We're working in groups. Two groups," Andrew saw it as very simple, really.

Without warning, he turned and flicked his wand at Grigori. "Supify!" He was interested in seeing if Grigori was up to firing his shield or if the boy would simply end up on his arse on the classroom floor. He didn't know if that was what Wilson wanted them to do, but it was what he felt like doing. After all, this was the class to do that sort of thing in. And Andrew wanted to learn. Nobody but perhaps Wilson knew how hard he had worked to get here at all. He wasn't wasting it. He had every intention of doing his best to get all this stuff right.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Laurisi Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:08 pm

"Well, I wasn't put in a group for some reason", Ezra said, admitting he was incorrect. He wasn't actually listening half the time that he was here. Not that he'd wanted to, but he had to pay attention if he wanted to get somewhere. However, he didn't feel much like getting into a huge argument or a fight. He'd rather just learn. He fiddled with the quill on his desk that had since been abandoned by the previous owner. Someone left it there, either on purpose or by mistake, they'd likely be looking for it. Then again, it was a pretty standard quill; the person who had it probably had more like it.
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Andrew could feel the little devil's horns almost growing on his head. The mischief streak was just dying to come out. He really didn't want that little boyish streak to show itself in front of Wilson. He didn't doubt that Wilson already knew that a 12 year old boy could be a bit impish, but he liked to be a bit more mature than that around Wilson.

"I know which group you're in," Andrew grinned, unable to hide his desire for a challenge. He pointed his wand at Ezra, paused a second to give him a sporting chance and then fired. "Stupify!' That should more than sufficiently clear things up. He had no idea if Wilson would give him detention for that or not, but at the moment it was immense fun.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Laurisi Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Ezra flicked his wand "Protego". He successfully blocked the spell, and flung a Stupefy of his own. "Know better than to challenge a Laurisi", he nearly chuckled when he said that, showing he wasn't really serious. After all, he wasn't one to intimidate. In fact, he couldn't intimidate a fly. He was too harmless for that. So everyone thought. He could be a little miscreant when he wanted to be, but he didn't want to at the moment. He just wanted to learn. That was all.

He looked at the quill and saw something golden on it. A sparkle, a glimmer. It wasn't a fleck of sunlight, as that would be larger than that. He took a closer look, it was gold leaf. It wasn't just a common quill after all. He pulled back some of the fuzz to reveal the name of the owner. However, the gold leaf was too smudged and scratched to make out.
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Andrew had seen Ezra deflect his stupify with a protego and knew that a Gryffidor would not back away from a challenge. They just never knew how to do that. He surrounded himself with a Protego and, as he knew would be the case, Ezra flung the stupify spell right back at him. Andrew laughed out loud seeing that he had managed to deflect a spell twice.

It hadn't made him cocky, but it had been great fun. He was starting to see that same glint in Ezra's eyes that he tried to quell in his own. Hm..Two mischievious Gryffindors that were just itching to be left to their own devices. Well, homework up in Gryffindor tower might suddenly get alot more interesting.

He noticed Ezra looking at a quill. It looked a lot like his own quick quotes quill. He figured everybody had them, but who would leave one behind? Those quills were a lot like a legal cheat.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Sam grinned and nodded when Luna asked if she was going first, before preparing himself. He was more than a little nervous, he hadn't tried this spell before. She gave him plenty of warning, thankfully, and he was pleased when she finally sent the spell. "Protigo," he said uncertainly, before being hit by the spell and being dazed, having to lean against the wall, before bursting out laughing. "Good one," he told her, "And i think you're thinking of Gregory, i've not heard Grigori used as a given name before," he told her, "Nevertheless, thank you. Please, do tell me what this "Long name" is?" He asked, grinning, before overhearing the conversation between Ezra and Andrew, and feeling the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, turning in time to see Andrew shoot a spell at him.

"Protego," he cast, successfully blocking the spell this time. "Hey, awesome," he said, clearly pleased with himself. "Well, i suppose we can work together now," he said with yet another smile at Luna. "Stupefy," he then cast, one flying directly at Andrew, before he pivoted on his right foot to face Ezra, "Stupefy," he cast again, hoping to catch the boy unawares.

((And once again i've forgetten you Ezra is, i get the feeling it's Bri?))
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:16 pm

((Yes, I'm Ezra as well. Having to post on two different accounts in classes is a pain in the...patootie))

"Thanks!" Luna said, she was half excited. She pivoted to aim a Stupefy at Ezra as well, she enjoyed a bit of fun like anyone else would. "Actually, no. Y'see, in one of Brienne's books, there's mention of a man called Grigori Rasputin. He was a Russian monk. I have no idea why Brienne has books about Muggle history, I mean it's weird. She reads them for fun, it's a concerning thing, really". She was shocked that this guy she was with in the group actually wanted to know her name instead of just calling her 'girl with long name' and following suit with the teacher. "It's Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield. However, I either go by Luna or Lorrie. I don't know why my mother found it fitting to name me after a tram on a track. My father was the one that named me Luna". When she mentioned her father, her eyes that were full of happiness suddenly welled up.

Ezra had good enough hearing that through all the BS he heard every day, or the normal din of a classroom, he could pick out spells or scathing remarks directed at him. He'd been raised around enough children to develop that. "Protego!" It only managed to block out Sam's spell before it disintegrated and Luna's hit him. He was knocked out of his seat, and the quill was sent flying. It took Ezra nearly a quarter of an hour to wake from the Stupefy and get back to his senses.
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Darling Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Leslie wanted to tell Professor Wilson off for calling her the new girl but she bit her tongue not saying anything for she didn't want to lose points from Gryffindor. Leslie looked at the boy who rasied his hand andwalked over towards him. "Don't worry, I'll work with you."said Leslie softly. "Oh I'm Leslie Darling by the way."said Leslie softly as she stuck out her hand for him to shake. "So would you like to go first?"Leslie asked him softly as she gotten her wand ready for him to try to hit her with any spell. As she stood there she hoped he would accept his offer for Aurora seemed else where and she didn't want to get in trouble for not working.
Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:35 am

''Rasputin was a madman, a Russian monk. History says that he was assassinated by prince Felix Yusupov, but he, as we know, survived several assassination attempts, managing to survive poisoning that could kill an elephant, gunshots from a rifle and drowning in frozen water. He died when his lungs finally filled with water. Although the story remains, it is impossible for a man to survive all those assassination attempts... his murder is a myth, but the fact remains that he was assassinated because his supposed connection with occultism'', Wilson explained, hearing someone mention Rasputin.

''Now, as for your work todays, I dare say you all did well. I shall award 30 points to Gryffindor and 10 points to Hufflepuff. As for today, we are done. Class dismissed'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top