Let the Abraxans Guide You - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Let the Abraxans Guide You - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Let the Abraxans Guide You

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let the Abraxans Guide You - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Abraxans Guide You

Post by Oliver Olawale Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 am

Peter smiled at Selene and shook his head, the smile still glued on his face. "Ah, Selene... A positeeve attitude would be rather becoming of you. You should try eet on sometime." He laughed pleasantly again, shooting her a wry smile to assure her that he was not mocking her in any way.

Suddenly, their Headmistress appeared in the doorway. He turned and immediately straightened out his long legs, standing to acknowledge the entrance of their headmistress. He had always thought highly of her, so he did not mind the slightly tedious tradition. He beamed at her warm welcome and her praise.

"I suggest we do something flashy, but not too..." he searched for the word. "Arrogant? We don't want to seem as though we theenk we are... superior." He shot a fake, persecuting look at Selene, before winking to let her know he was only kidding. "However, I'm unsure on what exactly to do. I'm pretty sure ze flying horses and house-sized carriage may do ze trick."
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:39 am

Selene rolled her eyes. "Positeeve attitudes are what I do Peter." She said sarcastically. "I think sometimes you must be more mature zen joking around, especially because we are leaving our home for an entire year." She said looking out the window, and then jumped when she saw the headmistress. Their headmistress was the best they had ever had. She jumped to her feet and smiled at her. She was very kind, and Selene liked her a lot, she may not be the most positive person in France, but she did like the headmistress very much for her positive attitude.

"Good morning Headmistress." She said smiling at them. "Yes, you may join us." She said with a smile, then looked at Peter when he looked at her. She frowned but then smiled when he winked. He was a very friendly boy, and she was happy he had come along to Hogwarts. "Where is zis 'ogwarts anyway?" She asked looking at the headmistress politely. "I theenk... we must be friendly at least, even though they obviously do not have the manners of french people." She said looking at the headmistress. She wouldn't sit down until she did, as was custom.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Headmistress Anais Benoit Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:30 am

"Sit, be comfortable, all of you," Anais said, sitting in the midst of them. "Hogwarts is a large castle, not so much unlike our own school. It is located in Scotland. The last time I was there, it was very beautiful and the people were warm and friendly. They are not as formal as we are, but they were very warm and friendly the last time I visited. Hogwarts has a reputation for hospitality and safety. It has been so for hundreds of years. The castle is near a lake and a woods, and the grounds should be very pretty this time of year with the leaves changing color.

"And, Peter, you are very correct. Our carriage is very impressive and that will make quite a mark when we arrive. It has almost become a symbol for Beauxbaton's all on it's own. here will be a gathering in their Great Hall, though, this evening. Traditionally, the Hogwarts students will already be seated and then each of the guest schools will enter and find some way of introducing themselves. The Avis charm is not a bad idea. What other ideas do you have? Let's think! Beauxbatons is a force to be reckoned with in the Triwizard's Tournament. We want to introduce ourselves in a polite fashion, without being arrogant, but also let them know that we are serious contenders in this contest. Put your thinking caps on! We should impress our friends, no?"
Headmistress Anais Benoit
Headmistress Anais Benoit

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:48 am

Peter was suddenly struck with an idea he found absolutely brilliant! He had just sat down as instructed, but now he positively leapt to his feet in excitement. "I have eet! Ze perfect idea! I do not know why I did not theenk of it before! Eet iz brilliant. Flashy but so comical zat zey will theenk we are merely charming, not arrogant nor superior!"

He hunched slightly, his hands in front of him and his face expectant as though he was about to begin a scary story. In a quiet, dramatic voice, he said, "Imagine, eef you will... You are a 'Ogwarts student- I know you will not like zis, Selene, but bear with me." He sent her a smirk. "Now, you are enjoying a feast, when suddenly... water leaks through ze door. You are shocked! 'Oh no, oh no!'" He swooned slightly.

"And zen, zeh doors burst open!" He jumped up, spreading his arms. And a small ship ze size of a rowboat bearing the Beauxbatons colors-" he sprung to attention, saluting the fake sails "-appears. And upon it are the representatives of Beauxbatons, all dressed as..." He turned away from them and extracted the eye patch that he always carried from his pocket and puled it on over his eye. "Pirates!" He put his hands on his hips.

Yes, he did have a...slight obsession.
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:27 am

Adam yawned and made his way towards the elegant carriage that would take the Beauxbatons students to Hogwarts. His hands in his pockets, he had ditched the minature poncho of the mens uniform. He didn't mind the suit, but they could have gone for something other than the baby blue. Maybe a navy blue, it'd look good with black. Or even white. As he walked towards the carriage he began to think about the women of Hogwarts. He doubted any of them would be as beautiful as the ones at Beauxbatons. But, it never heard to be open to knew things. Like women from different countries.

He stepped into the carriage and discovered he seemed to be a little late. There were a few people in already. He wondered how many were even coming, he spotted his Headmistress. "How many of us are comming," he asked her in english. It seemed as though he had missed some sort of speech. "Have I missed something?" he looked at his Headmistress again. He immediatley took his hands out of his pockets and suddenly wished he had brought the rest of his uniform. Luckily he packed extra uniforms in his shruken suitcase. Which was currently placed in his pocket. He wondered if he should sit, he probably would look like an idiot if he did not sit. So he decided to take a chair by a window, he wanted to look out as they flew towards the castle of Hogwarts.

He had done his research on Hogwarts, it was a castle in Scotland. The only thing he didn't know was the teaching stylings, the professors, and the women. He had never been to Scotland, Britain yes, but never Scotland. It would be a treat, and he really wasn't expecting to become Triwizard Champion. He was going for the trip, and a chance to get out of school. Then it dawned on him, where would they sleep, where would they eat. Would they still be taught? Or are they getting out of school completely? He'd find out later, it would be foolish to ask and crush his hopes this early in the trip. They had not even left the grounds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:33 am

Selene could have slapped herself in the forehead. Peter had gotten all dramatic, and was talking about water. "Are you serious?" She asked exasperatedly. "We are not pirates! Zey are savages!" She said shaking her head. "We are elegant people! We do not row around in boats!" She said with a short bark of laughter. She looked up when someone else walked into the carriage and smiled slightly. It was Adam.

She didn't want to look stupid, because Selene never looked stupid, oh no, Selene always was calm, cool, and collected, but whenever Adam came around.. she always felt a little hot around the collar. She smiled at him and then looked at him. "We are trying to figure out what we should do to make a... grand entrance!" She said in her strong French Accent. "And no brainz here tried to tell uz all to dress up like pirates, and row in on a boat!" She said laughing heartily now.

"I like ze water idea though." She said suddenly, looking at Peter carefully. "We do live by ze sea do we not? What if we did something with water? Such as..." She thought for a second. "Oh I do not know.. what do you think? Maybe a fog or something, and we come out of it like nymphs!" She said smiling at them all.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:43 am

Peter did not expect anyone to actually like his idea. No one but him would sincerely think that dressing up as pirates and rowing through a school would be a genuinely good idea, even if he did think it was brilliant. Instead, he turned to watch Selene's reaction, and she did not disappoint, of course.

Adam entered the carriage and asked what he had missed. Peter leapt towards him and gave him a flying tackle. "Adam!" Peter grinned and released him, happy to know he was not the only male on this trip...though the would not have been too bad, he was sure. He somehow doubted he would have trouble finding females at Hogwarts.

He let Selene fill Adam in and he grinned cheesily when she scoffed his ideas. "He muttered to Adam, though loud enough for everyone to hear, "She iz just jealous she did not theenk of eet first." He snickered to himself when she suddenly told her idea about the fog. "Nymphs! Nymphs!" He looked scandalized. "You can not expect Adam and I to prance about like nymphs! Why! We are men!" He lowered his voice as much as it would allow. "Big, strong men!" It went back to his usual frequency. "We are not nymph-like in ze slightest!"
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:20 am

"Peter!" he said laughing. He nodded to Selene, "Right, vell pirates. I have no comment on zat." he looked at Peter. "You obsess over pirates too much Peter, zink of other things." he laughed. He laughed when Peter "whispered" to him. "Oh I vould be too," he said sarcastically. He joked with peter quite a bit really. And Peter joked with him, it was all really fun. He looked around, wondering if every one had ideas. "I am just going to say zat Durmstrange alvays does someting with fire. So I suggest vee not do anysing like zat." he told them. "According to the zings my fazer says." he added.

He wondered how many other men would be coming. He had to compete with Hogwarts men, Durmstrang men, and Beauxbatons men. It would be tough out there, that was for sure. He whispered into Peters ear, "If we dress as Nymphs the competition wif ze men at Hogvarts and Durmstrange vill be even harder." He looked at Selene. "Eet iz not a bad idea, however zink of zee men. Vat are we supposed to do? Vell, vat am I supposed to do." he looked at Peter. "Peter, you are slightly Nymph like...sorry." he held back a snort of laughter. Although a snicker escaped his lips.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top