Ambling Along
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ambling Along Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ambling Along

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ambling Along Empty Ambling Along

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Jack had come to Diagon Alley to check on Weasley's Wizards Wheezes, the shop that hse unofficially co-owned with her cousin Elliot, also the shop that had been founded by her heroes, Fred and George Weasley. Those men had been brilliant... Fact of the matter was, everything was fine and dandy now, the shop was doing well, and now she was free to stroll the alley with ease.

She ambled down the street, pushing her hands deep into the pockets of her jeans, whistling a tune to herself. Some kid tripped and she whistled the funeral march, smirking as she did so, the kid shooting her an angry look. She shrugged at him and gave him a look that said she could not resist and continued on, hearing him mutter a few choice words.

She was beginning to get quite used to it. She sort of enjoyed it; it was better than being considered a pansy, that much was sure. Jack was getting sort of tired justifying everything in her life. Ah, well. That was just how these things went.

She passed the sign that pointed the way to Knocturn Alley and she determinedly continued on, refusing to be led down the path that had so often led her down to trouble. She could just as easily find trouble here, no need to go and intentionally look for it. It usually came to her anyway.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Ambling Along Empty Re: Ambling Along

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Matt smirked as he followed a young rehead, tracing her steps. He felt like causing small amounts of havoc, the kind Sophia would cause. Just the kind that didn't cause his hair to fall out. This student seemed funny, maybe she wouldn't mind if Matt caused some havoc on her. The sun was out, he knew it was still dangerous, demons could appear at any moment. But as long as there was sun he knew he was safe, the minute it disappeared he'd apparate with as many people away. But it seemed perfectly fine for now, all was as well as possible.

Matt then began to hum a tune similar to that of which he had heard in a videogame. He had become fascinated with videogames, it was simply amazing how somone could get hooked on control a fat italian plumber. Or a gorilla named "Donkey". It was weird, and yet he enjoyed it immensly. He was surprised he found something as ancient as a game system. But hell you never know what you'll find at a muggle garage sale.

He notice the girl spot the Knocturn Alley sign, "Don't do it.." he whispered to himself. And she didn't, he was happy. Knocturn Alley spelled trouble, with a capitol "T''. He didn't feel like having to fight a mob of drunken wizards who didn't know left from right when they were sober. Mind you he used to be one of those wizards, and you look at him now. He preffered this life to the one he had before. He grinned to himself and continued to walk behind the student. It looked as though he was browsing, but really he was thinking of a joke.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Whenever Jack came to a group of people who refused to budge along or shirt to give her room, she plunged right between them, sending people toppling over onto each other and bustling them until they realized that they had been just a little too rude to stand in the middle of the crowded walk way.

As she walked she suddenly picked up the trace of a familiar sounding song. It reminded her of summers in her early Hogwarts years fro some reason... What was it? Someone behind her was humming it, someone following her path. She slowed her trek and listened more closely to the song. Suddenly it came to her. She stopped and turned around to face whoever it was that had been following her.

"Super Mario Brothers, eh?" She realized she had been followed by none other than the old Minister of magic and she could not help but smirk at the amusement in this. Strange first meeting to say the least, though she would have it no other way. "I used to play that on the Nintendo 64 with my brother for whole summers at a time." It had been the truth. Yeah, the game was practically ancient, but she was a muggleborn who had an fixation with things from the past. Even her Ford Comet was from 1960... Her brother had never been able to beat her, it seemed. Jack could be determined.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Matt was a little surprised by the abrupt question of the ginger midget in front of him. He smiled, "Yes as a matter of fact. I recently came across a very ancient game system." he chuckled. "Had I played it as a kid I probably wouldn't be here right now. My family was against everything muggle." he laughed. Diagon Alley seemed to get crowded all of a sudden, it was a cramped place anyway. They needed to extend the small street, well..whatever you'd call it.

"It's getting cramp, care for something to eat?" he asked her looking at his watch. It was five to noon and his stomache needed something to eat. He had skipped out on breakfast to get a start on job hunting. "Viedogames are fascinating aren't they?" he said laughing merrily. He was really coming to realize how muggles survived without magic. Although they'd live happier if they could teleport anywhere at any time. But they were getting close to that for 50 years now.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Jack grinned at him and said, in lieu of an explanation, "Muggle parents. My only issue with them was convincing them to let me go to Hogwarts." She grinned, not bothering to tell him that she really never had been allowed to go, she had just decided to defy her parents in that. But no one needed to hear her family pains.

He suddenly asked if she would like something to eat and she shrugged, "Sure. I have a perpetual hunger, so food would be nice." Her friends always jested about her bottomless hunger and how she was worse than some of the guys when it came to eating. She thought with a pain, Well, they used to jest.

She smiled at his comment on video games and said, "I think addictive is the more appropriate term, but yes, they are simply brilliant." She began to walk to find a nearby food place and thrust her hand out to him. "I'm Jack Dyllan, by the way."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Matt grinned, "I'm Min-Matthew Lestrange," he told her. She probably already knew that but it was only formal to give a name. He took her hand and shook it, "Why don't we eat here? You seem seventeen, might I be right?" he asked her as they stood outside a small split bar & restaurant. "I've been here once, and it doesn't look too busy. But there's always another small diner down the road a few shops."

He looked down the long street that was Diagon Alley. People were now entering cafe's and diners for a nice lunch. Of course this place seemed almost empty from the outside. Chances are it would be busy as hell really. "Addictive may also be putting it lightly if your talking about certain games." he laughed. "It's always the most stupid and simple games that keep you playing for hours!"

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:09 am

Jack grinned, noticing how he had almost introduced himself as the minister. She paid little mind to her, because issues like people's social status and whatnot really meant very little to her. The only things that mattered to her were the things that affected her little world. Work your way into it, and she would bother to pay you mind.

She nodded and responded, "Yep, I'm seventeen. That place looks fine." She veered towards the place had pointed out, the bar-restaurant. Bars and drinking really did not bother her anymore, having once been a et peeve of hers. That was until she had spent a large portion of her summer in one Satin's night club... If you could survive that place, most bars were pretty tame for you.

She laughed at his comment at video games, continuing her trek towards the restaurant. "Oh, Pong..." she said, referring to the most simple yet addictive game known to man, not sure if he even knew to which prehistoric game she was talking about. Nevertheless, that and Tetris were definitely on her list of top best video games.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:22 am

He could have sworn he saw her recognize...nevermind. He smiled and they walked into the small restaurant. He had been before, but it was for a quick drink with Andrian. He walked through the door, it was dim in the small place. A fire was cackling, God knows why, it was pretty warm outside. But fire's did give a somewhat peaceful feeling to most people. Well, normal people anyway. He heard Jack say something and was brought back to their conversation. "Right, Pong is an excellent example I'll give you that." he told her grinning. They were seated at a table, in no particular spot really. Just around the middle, he hated sitting in the middle. Everyone knew what you were eating then.

"Another example is tetris, I can't find the original. I've only ever played an online version. I'm very muggle tech savvy, that's the term right?" he asked her. He took a drink of the water that was always at a table when you sat down. He never really liked it, it was like drinking chlorene. "And then there are games that are so stupidly easy that you can't even get past the first level for some ungodly reason!" he laughed.

He looked around, the place was dark. Although there were some lights, it seemed almost eerie. It had been much brighter last time. He shrugged, maybe it was under new management. He probably should've chosen Murray's Place instead. He couldn't remember the last time he saw Blaire, or Khaat, hell even Jess or Andrian.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:49 am

Jack slipped into the restaurant, looking around before beelining towards a free table, pulling out a chair with her foot. She sat down and laughed at what he had said, having read her mind it seemed. "You are on the same brain wave as me," she said, laughing. "I was definitely just thinking about the wonderful world of tetris."

She downed the water in front of her, always having been rather adept at chugging drinks and said, "I used to play it with a muggle friend of mine when I was pretty young, but I have not played it since. And yes savvy works, though its a tad piratey." She smirked. Pirates and video games- excellent conversation topics.

She smirked at his words and said, "That would be Pokemon Snap, the best 64 game ever, excepting Zelda Ocarina of Time, of course. You basically take pictures of Pokemon, if you know what those are, but it gets so freaking difficult!" She laughed, knowing from experience, just how frustrating these games could be.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 pm

OoC:Can we put this on hold, sorry Jack I think I may put Matt away for a while.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum