WAKE, Alan
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

WAKE, Alan Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

WAKE, Alan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WAKE, Alan Empty WAKE, Alan

Post by Alan Wake Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:19 pm

O U T O F C H A R A C T E R
Name: Robert Adams
How you found Potter's Army: A little birdy told me...
Any other characters on Potter's Army: James Wake
Have your read the Plot?: Yes. Multiple times.
Have your read the Must read threads?: Yes. Twice now? No, wait... four times..

B A S I C I N F O R M A T I O N
WAKE, Alan Michael-caine-20090305-497131
Name: Alan Wake
Race: Human
Blood Status: Pureblood
Year AND Age: 124... years... (Philosopher's Stone)
Preferred houses: Graduated from Durmstrang... ages ago.
Canon or Original: Original. Yes, even the name. I found about the VG later, ok?
Play-by: Michael Caine

A P P E A R A N C E
Height:
Hair: (Colour, straight/curly, etc.)
Eye colour: (Self-explanatory.)
Skin: (Self-explanatory.)
General Appearance: Alan Wake, as summarized by his nephew, James Wake is "huge."At 6ft in height, Alan Wake is certainly tall, but this does not justify the usage of "huge." Rather, Alan is huge in the fact that his muscles bulge, his eyes ever present, and with a generally ill-groomed beard. His oppresive presence usually dominates the room. Even outdoors. He gives off a very authoritative demeanor, and he certainly does not seem weak in anyway, save in age and wisdom.

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Skills: Skilled Alchemist, Highly knowledgable, excellent fighter
Weaknesses: His deep roots in logical reasoning, his distinct lack of emotion, and the Philosopher's Stone.
Likes: NOTHING. Save cheesecake, power, and uh, more power.
Dislikes: NOTHING. Save bigotry, rash behavior, and... children.
Motto: "If you want something, take it. If you take something, make it clear. If you are clear, then you won't be misunderstood."
General Personality: Alan is a thinker. He wants to know everything there is to know, and then some. It has been a curiousity that has driven him since birth. But through his curiousity, he has found that the only thing worth trusting is oneself, and magic. Magic is omnipresent, and cannot be governed completely by any one man. Alan believes that all the world can benefit, but he's not as naive to suggest it. Instead, he holds his ideas and theories to himself, a shrewd professor of Alchemy who makes it clear that whatever he does, it will certainly be a secret. He is not fond of human interaction, preferring to send his nephew in his stead. This once proved useful, as he was once adorable. Now? Not so much.

H I S T O R Y
Family Information:
Olivia Gurtagen Wake
Bernard Wake
Childhood: Alan Wake was born in Germany in 1753, at a time
Hogwarts: (One paragraph - only if your character is not a first year.)
Adulthood: (One paragraph - only if your character is graduated.)

Short Roleplay: (Whatever your normal roleplay length is, don't do it extra-long or extra-short especially for this application. You can skip this if it's not your first character.
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

WAKE, Alan Empty Re: WAKE, Alan

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 am

Alan, this is merely a formality at this point. Please go begin your class and come back to this. I will give you extra time on this if you need it. Your character is already accepted, so, I am not so concerned about this except to try to keep it on file this time and not lose it again.

Sorry for the extra work!
K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22551
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Wake Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Yeah, its fine. Is there a template I need to follow for this?

Also, I can't seem to make a topic in the Alchemy Classroom. So... um... what do I do?
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Hey,
sorry, someone mustn'tve added you to the staff list. Please tell me, who made you a staff member? I need to explain the finer details of accepting someone into staff to them >>

Anyway, i'll get onto it now, make you a staff member and mod of the alchemy forum, and the class groups.

Finally, you don't really have to make this app, if you don't want to, i wont enforce it, nor do i think anyone here will, but it's up to you.

Note: I just did all the necessary mumbo jumbo and took majere off all the lists, so you should be able to post there now.

If your students don't attend, feel free to PM them telling them too, always brings a smile to my face sending mass PMs xD
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Hey that guy looks familiar. Did he play LOTR or HP?

Oh oops that must have been me. I added him as Alchemy Professor, but then i got to other thread and forgat to go edit permissions. My mistake. Very Happy
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Okie dokes, well, you know what to do next time... Also, Majere was still in the class groups, no biggie, but don't let it happen again xD jk

Anyway, back on topic, it's all ready for you now Jalan
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Wake Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks guys, I'll jump right on it.

BTW, whose Jalan? XP
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm considering this a dead issue, Alan. Accepting as is and moving this app as it is to accepted grads.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Mariana Diggory wrote:Hey that guy looks familiar. Did he play LOTR or HP?

Oh oops that must have been me. I added him as Alchemy Professor, but then i got to other thread and forgat to go edit permissions. My mistake. Very Happy
No, but he is one of the most famous guys around Mari. Razz

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top