Hospital Intern Program--Orientation
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hospital Intern Program--Orientation Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hospital Intern Program--Orientation

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hospital Intern Program--Orientation Empty Hospital Intern Program--Orientation

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:33 am

Khaat had gotten together a sizeable stack of materials for the new interns. She had new pads of paper, sleek new St. Mungos pens, orientation handbooks with the rules and guidelines clearly spelled out, floor guides, free membership packets to the Fitness Center, tickets for a free meal for each intern if they were scheduled to work over a meal shift, copies of Magical Maladies and the most common healing spells, along with robes for the new interns. There were also several forms that needed to be completed by each intern. The paperwork packages all were designed to fit into royal blue shoulder bags, and she was giving one to each intern.

Student intern robes were, like all the other robes in St. Mungo's, color coded. Standard healers robes were white. Healers who worked strictly in the nursery or pediatrics wore light blue. Newly hired healers wore red. Assistants wore green.
The new interns would wear royal blue robes that had their names embroidered on them just below the round embroidered St. Mungos logo that was red and royal blue. The robes were very modern and stylish as wizard robes went, and Khaat had one for each one of the new interns.

Khaat was pleased to finally be offering an intern program for Hogwarts students who were interested in becoming healers. It had taken some doing to get Hogwarts to approve it, and she had been grateful to Vicent's assistance in getting the program underway.

She had also ordered refreshments for the yong interns. An assortment of sodas, and some Italian calzones--stuffed with wonderful pizza fillings and some of the best pizza sauce Khaat had ever tasted. The little pizza pockets came in a variety of flavors, from just pepperoni, to a deluxe version, and everything in between. If she remembered Hogwarts well, their pizzas had never been much to write home about. These, however, were.

She set out plates, napkins, glasses, ice, and anything else she thought the students might want or need. She sent word to her father that she had prepared the meeting room on the 5th floor for the initial meeting of the interns and that she expected the interns at any time.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Hospital Intern Program--Orientation Empty Re: Hospital Intern Program--Orientation

Post by Chastity Moor Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Chase strode into the room excitedly. First day of the intern program and she was almost bouncing off the walls. She was actually here, and it was looking so great! She was surrounded by other gossiping, talking people who were so interested in being a healer, they had come here too.. But she was determined to outshine them all, show them how valuable St. Mungos would be with her in the staff, even if she was here mostly to learn and be apart of the new program. She wanted to be known also, she wanted a job when she got out of school.

Looking around the room, she joined the line getting their bags full of stuff, robes, papers, folders, everything they would need. She remembered once, when she was at a photo shoot on a big college campus, seeing muggles with bags like these, walking around with a tour guide. She wondered if that was how this was going to be. Sit, listen, watch, and learn. She had brought her own purse, which she had put a couple rolls of parchment and a few quills in, a couple new jars of ink included. She was ready, and wanted to impress.

She didn't go for the snacks like everyone else though. She stepped out of the line, and sat down, a few others joined her, but besides that most of the people were getting snacks and drinks. It did look appetizing, but she had had a big lunch, and she was full. She wanted to go through the bag first anyway, without fear of getting food on it. She quickly looked through the bag, finding the forms, the robes, which were beautiful, and some other little things. She was almost quivering with excitement, as she pulled open an information booklet and started to read.

[OOC: no one else posted, so I decided to get the ball rolling!]
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Hospital Intern Program--Orientation Empty Re: Hospital Intern Program--Orientation

Post by Nick Potter Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:50 am

Nick's Alarm Clock Rang, It was 9:38 AM And he was late for his intern program at St. Mungos. When Nick woke up he looked at the clock. Hm whats today oh wait Ah Oh god The Healers are going to kill me" Nick thought to him self. Nick went to the dow stairs area of his apartment and picked up a Red With A Blue Strpie down the side Dri-Fit Shirt that looked clean. Nick grabbed his Laptop and a soda out of his fridge and left his home. When Nick went out side he grabbed his broom ((Nick lives in Wizard World)) and sped off.

When Nick Arrived at St. Mungos he went to where he was susposed to meet the healers to become an intern Healer. Nick decided the elevator was to long so he took the steps. When Nick finally got up there he was out of breath and walked over to his friend chase. "Hi Chase You going to be a Healer Intern?" Nick asked her looking around.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:39 am

It was the day that the new interns students came to the hospital to start there itern training which made Sophia happy that Khaat picked her to help. As she stood beside Khaat and her mother in her red scarlet robe ready to do her job as a healer. Sophia wasn't here to talk to her friends like she normally would but she was here to talk to them in a professional manner. Sophia took her job very seriouswly and she wanted to help other like her mother and Khaat helped her. Sophia remembered going through the same process as Chase and the others did, the same paperwork and rules.

Sophia walked up towards Nick and Chase and smiled. "Hello Nick and Chase welcome to your first day of intern."said Sophia softly. As she seen her mother walk beside her and smile at Chase and Nick she was sure Chase and the rest of them would be trained really well. "You guys have the best healers in the whole hospital besides Robert and Brian there good at everything!"said Sophia softly. "Oops sorry... not suppose to talk much!"said Sophia. As Sophia walked back over towards Khaat with her mother she stood between them letting Khaat speak.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:48 am

The idea of having something to do was a little bit new for Rafael. It seemed as if everyone was enjoying the idea of him having a semi-stable gig at some hospital in some place. They didn’t care about the specifics but they were just glad he was to stop working at that dreadful off-licence down the road. Rafael had reminded them all, that he liked working there and he didn’t think he’d get paid at St. Mungo’s anyway – at which point his siblings looked completely blank because no one had thought to remember the name of the hospital. The off-licence was a rough place to work and he met some pretty strange people but it was within his control. He could decide whether to leave and let the pikeys loot the joint. Usually by then though, Max had his gun.

As Rafael made his way up the street he felt a wave of anxiety wash over him. Raina was on his heels, having been determined to follow him there and make her own way back with a trip to the sweet shop in the middle of her route. Rafael stopped outside the old construction building and looked up warily. Raina bounced towards the boarded up doors and knocked once on the wood. Rafael jogged over to her and scooped her up, preventing her from embarrassing herself and him. Rafael scolded her quietly and the little girl giggled innocently. The Gryffindor had a feeling that the small girl knew exactly where she was an exactly what she was doing. It was as if she could see the magic around her like her brother could yet instead of resenting it, she embraced it. Rafael wished he had her optimism.

“Raina go home,” He begged quietly. “It’ll be busy in there, you’ll get trodden on.” Raina looked at him sceptically, as if she doubted that would even be a possibility. Rafael sighed and held his hand out for Raina to take. The little girl’s hand slotted into his big one and he tugged her up onto his shoulders. She was spider-like and nigh on indestructible. If she fell in the playground by school or if Nicolai pushed her over then she’d just get up, brush herself off and walk away – or punch her brother. Other girls would have sat there and wept.

Rafael knocked once on the brick wall. The magic rumbled from behind it and quickly, Rafael stated his purpose and Raina chirped hers. The two were sucked through the wall and Rafael found himself within the hospital. Raina instantly burst into a fit of giggles, having for the first time experienced a magical rush, and Rafael arched an eyebrow at her. She tumbled off of his shoulders and landed easily on the floor. “That was awesome!” She enthused, a wide toothy grin on her face. Rafael rolled his eyes and the two looked at the floor. On the colourless tiles were bright red arrows, flashing every so often and, leading the way. Rafael stepped forward and the one he’d purposely put his foot on, disappeared.

After following the arrows for so far, the two happened upon a room with the door left slightly ajar. Rafael didn’t know how he was supposed to get rid of Raina now. In a way he didn’t think he was meant to but she wasn’t supposed to experience magic in the way she had. He was sure she manipulated hers every day but showing her it had to be against something. With a sigh, Rafael glanced down at Raina only to find her gone. The door was ajar and he saw her bouncing inside. A curse dropped from Rafael’s mouth and he dived into the room. He pulled her to him and straightened himself up, scarlet tinting his cheeks. “I-I’m sorry, I-” Rafael felt himself at a loss for words but it seemed as if Raina wanted to talk him out of trouble and talk herself into the intern program. “Rafi didn’t want me to come,” She all but sang. “I just wanted to see..”
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:15 am

Khaat saw a pleasant little spark of energy bounce into the room, her eyes seeming to light up by the sight of everything around her. It made her laugh out loud. The girl was delightful.

"It's fine," Khaat reassured the boy behind her warmly. "She's welcome to stay." Oh yes! Now she remembered. This was the same young man who had helped her when she had fallen flat on her face on that stupid brick in the park. "If you introduce me, I'll take her for some refreshments while you help yourself to a healer's packet or get refreshments for yourself." She looked at the small child. "I'm Khaat. If you're hungry and you like pizza, you're in luck. we have pizza and sodas. That is, if you're allowed. " Somehow she didn't think that the boy could deter the child from it if she decided that she was going to have pizza.

"If you all find your packets, please find your robes and put them on. Help yourselves to refreshments, and we'll begin," Khaat said. She looked at her watch. Her father seemed to be, uncharacteristically, late. Well, things were sometimes unpredictable at St. Mungo's. She guessed he'd gotten held up someplace. She was expecting four interns, and she had three at the moment. She had no idea what had happened to the last registrant. She did not know whether to be concerned about him yet or not.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 am

Chase smiled as Nick came over to her. "Oh hey Nick!" She said happily. "Sophia! Hey!" She said jumping up to greet them. "It's very nice to be here, I'm so excited!" She said her eyes sparkling with happiness. Sophia had to run off, but that was understandable, she was a healer after all! Chase pulled on her robes and looked at Nick. "Isn't this all so exciting? Here in St. Mungos, with some of the best healers of our age!" She said looking around. "oh my gosh!" She pointed at the woman who had just taken care of a little girl who had come in with another boy. "That's Khaat Lupin.." She whispered, her eyes alight.

"I've read all about her! She's amazing, oh my gosh.." She said and sat down, afraid her legs would give out. "I"m so excited Nick! You have no idea!" She looked up at him and then down at her packet which had fallen on the floor when she had stood up before. She bent over and picked it up, her face flaming. "What do you want to specialize in?" She asked spinning on Nick, a fire in her eyes that was usually absent in her day to day life. "I think I want to focus on potions and dealing with creature induced injuries, of course as an intern they cover all the basic things. But you know that won't really matter anyway, because you'll move through the hospital, which is likely. But I'd rather not deliver babies, I will, but I'm not to good with children!" She said glancing over at the little girl who had come in.

"I'm going to get a drink real fast, I'm parched." She said setting her stuff in her chair and getting up to go to the refreshment table. She looked at Khaat like she was an idol as she passed, and then lowered her head, her face aflame from embarrassment. She was acting like a total airhead! "Get you act together Moor! You are an adult, you are surrounded by adults, you must remain calm! You'll be working here one day! Cool it... Calm down, get something light to drink, and sit back down calmly! That's it girl, you can do it!" Chase got a soda and went back to sit with Nick, the fire still there, but her talking much more quiet and subdued. "I wonder when we'll get started." She said softly.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:04 am

Sophia looked at with a amused look on her face as she seen Chase look at Khaat like she wasd some idol. As she heard Chase say what she wanted to with her vampire hearing she walked towards Nick and Chase and smiled. "Good choice Chassy, that's what I do as well as my mother!"said Sophia giving her a soft warm smile. "Oh by the way Chassy, you might want to get it together before you scare Khaat or something!"Sophia mutterd to her. Sophia remebered when Khaat was her idol when she first came here and to this day she still is as wel as her father and mother.

"Well good luck both of you, I hope you do well."said Sophia giving them a soft warm smile and winking at the both of them before taking her place between Khaat and her mother. Sophia felt proud that she was between two of the best healers there were at St. Mungo's. Sophia waited for Khaat to tell her what she needed to do to help the interns. She kindof figured Khaat was going to mention some about her seeing how she was still in training and student. Sophia knew Khaat picked her to be here for some reason although she really didn't know why though.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:05 am

Robert knew he was running a little later than he liked for the Healer's Orientation. He had had an injury to tend to in the emergency room that had been stubborn about submitting itself to his spells. It had taken longer than expected. And now, a bit messier than he also liked, he stopped to change clothes before he went to the meeting.

He ditched the sharply tailored black suit in favor of business casual khaki slacks, with a light blue button down shirt and a navy sport coat. He decided against the tie and left the top button of the shirt open instead, and he made his way upstairs to the meeting room. He could smell pizza, and it made his stomach growl. He did not realize he was hungry until he smelled it.

He found Khaat already there with three interns, Sophia, Emmy, and a tiny young girl. He was pleased at the turnout. As he passed the refreshment table, he picked up two bottles of rootbeer and took one over to Khaat.

"Good morning, Sophia and Emmy," he smiled, pausing a moment to talk to Sophia and Emmy. "You two look lovely as always. Thank you for coming. Its important the interns get to feel comfortable with you all as quickly as possible. I think it will be good for them to be able to ask question from both a new healer and a well seasoned one. I appreciate your being here. I think we should get this underway." He continued his way over to Khaat.

"Well done, my dear," he said softly. "A superb turnout for your first group. Here. I thought you could use a cold drink." He handed it to her and took a drink of his it was nice and cold. He went over to a table in the corner where extra packets were stacked and took one and opened it. He drew out the manual and the paperwork and began to look it over to refresh himself.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:26 am

Sophia looked at Robert and smiled. "Good morning Robert and thankyou, your looking just as sharp and handsome as always."said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile. "Oh no problem Robert, it's a honor that you picked me out of all the new healers."said Sophia softly. Sophia didn't know if she was the best new healer there was or Robert and Khaat just liked her but she could care less right now. Sophia walked over towards the drink table and got her a coke for she knew this was going to be a long day but she was ready for it. It was always long days at St. Mungo's so this wouldn't be the first.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top