Just Dinner - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Just Dinner  - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Just Dinner

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just Dinner  - Page 3 Empty Re: Just Dinner

Post by Vincent Majere Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Vincent hardly paid attention to her reply. It didn't make any difference to him what her motives were for what she had done. He paid little thought to the fact that she was actually quite right, they had not known each other well then. Nevertheless, it had been a traitorous act, and it had proved his expectations.

Vincent ground his teeth. He reflected once again on how stubborn and shrewd of a woman she could be at times. It was infuriating. He had grown used to people listening to him without argument, as he didn't often deal with people who were on the same level as him. Currently, he was aware that they weren't getting along as well as before, he had revealed perhaps a bit too much of his own personality to her. It didn't really make any difference to him, he had only tried to come close to her for her help. Now he no longer required her help, and therefore didn't need her friendship either.Yet, it did seem quite disadvantageous to have their relationship deteriorate like this, but nothing could be done about it. For the minister position, it seemed like a small price to pay. So with that in mind, he decided to drop the facade, and speak bluntly.

"Does it make a difference who the orders come from? The only thing you should worry about is that the orders will come, and if they do, then there will be plenty of casualties. We don't need another war, as many innocent people die in battles. And as you have probably noticed, I prefer to achieve my aims diplomatically, instead of with violence." Besides, the Wizarding World would support him more if he was elected fairly by the Wizengamot instead of through a coup d'etat. Narrowing his eyes at her comment about Azkaban, he replied coldly: "Oh I don't think that if I give the order, that there is any chance of a defeat. I know the state which the aurors are in, they are hardly the experienced talented wizards they once were, and the order does not exist. Surely then, there is no chance of a defeat. There will only be a few deaths, which I would like to avoid." From his promotion to Head of Aurors to the appointment as headmaster, all his successes had come from manipulation and control, not through murder. Even though the latter was probably more effective, he wasn't fond of it. "I'm not sure what else to say to you Khaat. I'm not trying to put the deaths, if that is what will happen, on you and neither do I want to be on opposite sides as you, but I'm afraid that that is something I can't control. You've chosen your path, I've decided mine. Currently, I just want to get this over with, so I need a final answer from you Khaat. Will you help me get the Minister position, or not?"

Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Just Dinner  - Page 3 Empty Re: Just Dinner

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:09 pm

"Not like this," she said, a note of sadness in her voice. She found it odd that she so deeply hurt at being on opposite sides again with him. She didn't like it. She didnt' like being on the other side again. Nonr did she like that it bothered her either way.

"I can't," she said. "I am very sorry. If you were going about this a bit differently, rather than deciding that you were going to have this, no matter what it took, even if it takes murdering your potential employees, then you are not the right man for the job. If you change your mind and decide to do this honestly, then let me know. I might be deeply interested in reconsidering. But that is, as ever, entirely up to you."

She rose to her feet. This appeared to be over. "My apologies, Vincent. I know this probably doesn't mean a thing to you, but I do care about you. I probably always will, but if anyone is walking away here, its you. Not me. I'd much rather it not come to this, but you should have known we are a rather principled lot. And we're notafraid of death. If it comes, it comes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top