DInner with a Friend
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

DInner with a Friend Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

DInner with a Friend

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DInner with a Friend Empty DInner with a Friend

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Rob was working, and it was a cold and rainy spring night. A perfect night for a homecooked meal. Khaat had felt good all day and had felt like cooking she had prepared a beautiful roast beef with all the trimmings. She had fixed some wonderful roasted redskin potatoes in herb butter, some freshly grilled asparagus, a beautiful salad, and for dessert she had made a chocolate mousse cheesecake. She was glad to be having company for dinner.

She was just setting the table when she heard her parents arrive. She hoped that they approved that she had chosen to wear one of her maternity dresses for the first time. A teal blue wrap style dress that was very soft and comfortable.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

DInner with a Friend Empty Re: DInner with a Friend

Post by Katherine Lupin Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Katherine arrived a few minutes before Robert did. He was late again. St. Mungos had him busy. She had brought a bouquet of fresh flowers for the table. She came into the dining room and saw Khaat setting the table. "Let me help, Dear," she said. "Do you have a vase for these?" she handed Khaat the flowers.

Khaat kissed her mothers cheek and said, "Thank you." she disappeared into the kitchen. Katherine waved her hand, and the table set itself. "Your roast smells wonderful, Khaat," she called. "I presume your father is coming any moment now. He's just running a bit late."

"As always," Khaat laughed. "It comes with working at St. Mungos."
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 pm

It had been a truly busy day at the office. Robert had found that Jack Uhler had embezzled a great amount of money from St. Mungos, by siphoning them off the various program's budgets that Khaat had workd so hard to either fix or initiate. He now was hating that Uhler was dead because he would have liked the pleasure of beating the daylights out of him.

Oh well, the day was over, and he had gone for a walk in the rain to clear his head. He had been covered with a proper umbrella, but he would be glad to be out of the rain now and warm up with family at Khaat's house over a good meal and maybe a glass of port. He knew she kept it but wasn't drinking it these days. And he knew they were expecttingn a guest. He was always open to company coming. He walked down the street to Khaat's house, and feeling at home, he let himself in, shaking the rain from his umbrella on the porch before he closed it and put it in the umbrella stand.

Khaat frowned, seeing him coming in the door. "Where have you been?" she asked.

"Taking a walk to clear my head, my dear," he kissed her cheek. She conjured him a glass of port.

"Here," she said, "I believe that should take the chill off."

"Thank you, Dear," he smiled.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Gabrielle took a walk towards the Lupin house since her appartment wasn't that far from Khaat's place and she considered it kind of simple to just apparate in front of her door. She brought best French black wine with her which was her favourite too though she drank only on special occasions or when she had some comany.

She was wearing a casual outfit consisting on long black skirt with her favourite black boots and a brown sweater that went perfectly with her hair.Her wand was in her pocket and not needed for this.

As she arrived to the Lupin's house she rang on the door taking a closer look at the house. It was made in her style though she turned back to the door waiting to see who would answer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Khaat opened the door and was delighted to see Gabrielle there. "Come in! You're just in time," she said. "I hope you're hungry because we have plenty. Come make yourself at home. Sit whereever you like. I think you know my father. But I don't know if you met my mother. Gabrielle, this is my mother, Katherine Lupin. She owns the new art gallery next to my shop."

She watched as Katherine extended her hand to Gabrielle in friendship, saying, "How very nice to finally meet you, Gabrielle. I always enjoy meeting Khaat's friends."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Gabrielle looked as Khaat was first one to open the door. She walked inside looking around with the great intrest. "Hello to you too Khaat. Well i usually don't eat much in the evenings though i will make an exception to try some of your speciallities." she told her as she was already inside and looked at the present people. Apperently Khaat's housband wasn't there.

"Pleased to meet you too Mrs. Lupin i didn't know i was so famous.." she said shaking Katherine's hand giving a significant look to Khaat. Apperently they've been talking about her alot. "Oh and i brought a drink. Best French black wine.." she added showing a little decorative bag in her hand.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 pm

"Oh, thank you so much. I don't believe I've ever had the black wine," Khaat said. "It's not like that, Gabrielle. My mother is an excellent seer. She just sometimes sees some of my friends and then I have to identify who she sees in her pensieve for her. " She laughed. "Don't worry. We havent' been talking about you."

"Oh, my, no!," Katherine said. "We try hard not to do that. Robert and I are, well, I guess, well informed on Khaat's movements. Part of it is parental I'm sure. The other part is just a hazard I guess, from my skills and Robert's."

"Come sit, and make yourself comfortable," Khaat said. She had thought to start a small fire in her fireplace and to put a few small bouquets of fresh spring flowers around her cottage. It seemed to Khaat that it helped to give the room a comfortable, fresh look. And, she never tired of the casual, deep comfortable country style furniture. "Dinner should be ready any time now. It will serve itself when its ready."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 pm

"It's nothing really. We can try at dinner.Sometimes gets too usual to drink butter beer or fire whiskey.." commented Gabrielle not really sure would that serve for anything. And can Khaat actually drink considering she is pregnant. "Don't worry i meant no offence. Was just a harmless comment. Maybe i just got a bit paranoic since they like to write all kinds of articles in the Quibber about me." she said being glad for the first time Richard wasn't there.

"At least you are a good parent Mrs. Lupin. I for the change am so disconnected with my kids which i hardly even see. I don't mind people checking me though...they would just get bored eventually.." she said using her light graceful tone. Gabrielle at work and outside of it was two different personalitties.

"You are going to make me eat like my mother aren't you?" she asked in a joking tone as she sat on a sofa which seemed attractive and comftable. Question wasn;t refered to anyone in particular. It will serve itself? she thought raising an eyebrow though not saying a think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 pm

"We pay little attention to the Quibbler," Robert said, "And we only read the Daily Prophet with a clear knowledge that it it just not usually written well whatsoever and usually without an honest word in it. One has to read between the lines to get the truth--or know someone who knows the truth. "

"Well, and I think we are attached to Khaat because she is our only child," Katherine said. "Well, that's part of it anyway. Oh. look, Khaat, it looks like we are ready to eat."

"My mother has an enchantment that she sometimes uses," Khaat said, so she doesn't have to be two places at once. She causes the dishes to remove themselves from the oven, put themselves in serving bowls and then serve themselves. She doesn't use it very often, but it is helpful."

Khaat watched the serving bowls floating gracefully from the kitchen in a straight line and setting themselves on the table in their appropriate places. "Thank you, Mother," Khaat laughed. "That still makes me giggle when I see dinner serving itself. So--shall we eat?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 pm

"That goes to my benefit. Not so long ago they published that i might had gone insane. Do i look insane to you?" Gabrielle commented remembering how she had a good laugh about it. "Though apart from that, they published more or less everything that's true." she added quickly.

Gabrielle raised an eyebrow as everyone was sitting and poof there the dinner was. "Helpful though i prefer good old-fashinable cooking since it is kind of relaxing. But thanks for reminding me i wanted to ask you if you know any estate or a house on sale not far from here since i am looking for one..?" she asked before she stood up just waiting for Khaat to lead the way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top