Sectumsempra - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sectumsempra - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sectumsempra

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sectumsempra - Page 2 Empty Re: Sectumsempra

Post by Caelani Bittel Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Look, guys, I already have a spell list written up, with latin incantations for the spells that didn't have incantations in canon. I've been RPing this stuff on the strictest site you can imagine for the last 7 years, so it would take me maybe fourty minutes to add some descriptions.

If you wanted, I could also add some original stuff for dealing with the more powerful characters we have here on PA.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Okay that's a pretty lot of information i got there i hope i'll cover majority of your arguments. Sectusempra was invented by Severus Snape in time he yet wasn't Voldermort's follower (if that;s relevant) so i wouldn't excatly name it a dark spell (even though it is).

And it stopped being secret once Wilson started teaching it on NEWT classes if i might add. I agree that Basic students shouldn't excatly be able to flick with it around even though they do. And no Sectumsempra is not healed with Episkey it needs professional healers to heal it. So whoever healed sectumsempra with Episkey needs to have a serious warning.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeah but can there be any rule against it? Because during the battle of Grimmauld place, a lot of people were just throwing it around like there was no problem. And it seems a little unfair that if we get hit, we can't do anything about it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Well you report it to someone if you think they are not dueling realisticly after all that's what we are here for. But you do NOT cure sectumsempra hit with a simple Episkey.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:12 pm

I know I'm just saying xD. Would the healing thing in the magical abilites count? Just a thought
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:13 pm

That's now what i had in mind, And you might forget that exsists if you are not a professional healer. There's a spell for healing Sectumsempra ofcourse, but still not everyone is able to use it.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:15 am

I actually don't think the problem is just with that spell. I think there are problems with the way most of the darks spells are being RPed, both by the people casting them and the people defending against them.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Headmaster Vincent Majere wrote:It happens. Due to three things:

The members don't know what the spells do.
They saw the movies and didn't read the books and they think the spell does what it does in the movies (Ever seen Stupefy in the movies Rolling Eyes)
They are just unrealistic.

Besides, no one should even KNOW this spell in the first place. Its a secret spell.

Dude things happen and I have read all the books and seen all movies I like books better and I know every spell potion hex and curse there is
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:09 pm

I know what the spells do and stuff and how severe they are. So much so that even though I knew this, I played along with everyone else's careless use of these spells and inaccuracies just so I would stand a fairer chance in the battle (I still didn't).
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:27 pm

It would be better if you would leave the education of the healers to me. Its been somewhat of a vague area on this site, and I'm working at making it better. Please just wait on warnings and being judgemental w/ the healers and leave that to me.

Thanks.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22866
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top