A little bit of peace...maybe.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A little bit of peace...maybe. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A little bit of peace...maybe.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A little bit of peace...maybe. Empty A little bit of peace...maybe.

Post by Hugo Weasley Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:52 pm

With a final push, the trunk full of goodness only knows what made it into Jen’s wardrobe. After some complaining from Rob and Chris she’d actually decided to do an inventory on all of her weapons. She found pretty quickly that she had a lot more than she needed but the tapped up cupboards said the same thing. So she’d gone out and purchased two trunks for the knives and guns to be stored in. It turned out that, that wasn’t enough and she’d had to buy goodness knows how many more but oddly enough they fit in her wardrobe. She was just glad she’d taken up Rob’s offer of building her another one and dumping her coats back at her mother’s. She didn’t really know where she got his brains from but he definitely had them when it suited.

Jen left her bedroom and used her wand to put some colour into the walls again. She’d re-furnished the place and it looked a lot nicer. She didn’t know her house was as big as it was but apparently she’d bought a huge one. She did suspect that she’d had excess money from somewhere but it was definitely a good investment on her part. The yacht was a waste of money but it was easy to flog. Jen added some colour to every room in the house and by the time she was done she’d ended up in the living room. She smiled to herself and poured herself a glass of wine, deeming it well deserved after a long day of getting cut by wayward knives and nearly getting shot by her own guns. She was just glad her furniture wasn’t enchanted like Rob’s was.

She collapsed onto her couch and curled her legs up behind her. She blew her hair out of her eyes and picked her book up off of the coffee table. She put it on her lap and flicked her wand at the stereo that she didn’t know she had. It had still been in the box when she’d unearthed it and she’d found a ton of CD’s with it which was always a plus. The familiar voice of Dan Layus began to fill the room and she smiled to herself before settling down to read. It would be a quiet night it seemed, without her brother and all of his random friends. For once she was glad to be home and not sat in a bar somewhere. It was nice.
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

A little bit of peace...maybe. Empty Re: A little bit of peace...maybe.

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Matt apparated to where Rob's parchment had told him to. Well, where Rob had written down...where Jen's house was okay! He sighed and crumpled up the paper and looked at his watch. It was decently late and he didn't know if she was going to be up. Matt rarely got any sleep lately, he had probably gotten one night of decent sleep.You could see the pier from her house and it was lovely, he was sort of afraid of what her house was like. He grinned to himself and knocked on her door, he wondered what her reaction would be. Matt, a vampire, standing on her doorstep at midnight. He chuckled and stood there waiting for her to answer there.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:35 pm

The knock at the door pulled Jenifer from the fictional land that resided in the book she was reading. She frowned a little to herself and put the book down. She stood up and put her glass on the coffee table before walking into the hallway. She glanced at the clock and her eyebrow’s furrowed. Who in their right mind would be up at this time of night? Oh wait...her. She checked where her nearest weapon was, on the hall table, and unlocked the door. She opened it up and only just managed to stop herself from screaming for two reasons. One because she was wearing shorts and the air was quite cold. Two because there was a bloody vampire on her doorstep. The same vampire that had scared the living daylights out of her. If it wasn’t for the fact that she knew how to kill vampires then she probably would have been six feet under the ground.

“Matt? Do you have any idea what time it is or do you have erratic sleep patterns like everyone else I know?” she asked wryly with a slight smile. “Come in, you’ve got to be cold.” She opened the door a little wider for him to come in and she smiled to herself, glad she sprang for the soft, fluffy carpet instead of the coarse one. Hurray for soft carpets.
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Matt grinned as he entered her house, it was surprisingly nice. He had expected some sort of dungeon, or something like that. He looked around and took his jacket off. "Hey Jen," he said simply. "Rob told me to come see you. Said you'd keep my mind busy..." he said looking at her and winking. "And yes, I rarely sleep these days..." he told her grinning slyly. He was always cold, he was dead anyway. He put his jacket on a hanger that was on the door and continued to take her house in. "Think I could crash here for a few days? My life's been a little haywire these days, if you'd like a full account talk to Rob or Khaat," he said quickly.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 pm

“Rob?” she repeated, feeling a bit put out. What the hell did Rob suggest? “Your mind, huh?” she laughed. “Well I can certainly do more than that.” she turned and began to walk back to the living room. For some reason the warmth all centred around there. “Well that’s good,” she smirked. “Wouldn’t want you getting too tired.” She moved her hand and another glass sailed out from the kitchen. She caught it and held it up questioningly before cocking her head towards the bottle of wine. “Want some?” she asked. “Sure it’s no problem. No doubt Rob will pop in to annoy me as per usual but it’ll be nice to have some company.” Although she wasn’t happy about Rob springing Matt on her like this she couldn’t really complain too much. He was a nice guy and clearly needed to relax for a while. She was just glad Khaat’s father hadn’t tried to do some random mind mumbo jumbo on him. It was nothing alcohol, cigarettes and jumping off of a pier couldn’t fix. A little bit of an adrenaline rush would do anyone some good.
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Matt shrugged and nodded to her, he wouldn't mind something classy to drink. Not that he hadn't been drinking tonight, he was surprised Rob hadn't mentioned drinking his sorrows away. He took a seat in an armchair and put his elbows on his knees with his hands clapped together. "I've probably gotten five hours of sleep in the past week," he grimaced. He really wouldn't mind some sleep, just he wasn't that tired. He tried to focus on some new things he could do to fix his image but he found it hard to focus. "Thanks, for letting me stay. I could use a little relaxation!" he said. He might go for a swim later, enjoy the water. He looked at his watch, "I should probably get my suitcase..." he said pulling out his wand. "Where can I crash?" he asked her looking at the couch.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Jen smiled and took the stopper from the bottle of wine. She wasn’t sure where she’d gotten those but they came in lots of different colours. She poured half a glass, not too little and not too much, and handed it to Matt. She sat back down on the sofa and listened. Her book was definitely abandoned now. She had something to do. “You’ll pass out soon then.” She said with a knowing smile. “I’m so glad these carpets are soft.” She added as an afterthought. “It’s not healthy for you to get very little sleep, dead or not it’s not good for you.” She glanced at the clock and her eyebrows furrowed. She’d definitely be finding something to eat soon. It was getting late and she’d been up a while. A quick meal then bed. “It’s no problem.” She said truthfully. “This house is far too big for one person. The architect must have meant it to house more people.” She stood up and raised an eyebrow at him before glancing at the couch.“Although comfortable, I’m sure a bed would be preferred. There are plenty of guest rooms to choose from.”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Matt smiled at her and nodded, maybe he would crash soon. But he doubted it highly, he'd probably end up going for a dip in the pier. Matt closed his eyes to think, but opened when she made her side comment. "Yes, this carpet is soft..and lovely," he said grinning. Yeah, Jen was right, it probably wasn't good for your health to not get enough sleep. "Yeah, but I can't. I close my eyes and then I just wake up an hour later..." he said. His stomach growled and he gave Jen an apologetic look. "You don't have anything to it do you? I've only had a piece of pizza today." he told her. The couch is fine, I'm used to sleeping on couches. He smiled, "Don't worry about me much. I like to go out late and look for things to do." he told her. He stood up and walked over to the window, "I'll probably go for a swim later..." he said.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:25 am

Jen flicked her wand at the stereo, turning the volume down slightly. As nice as it was there was no use for it except for it burning electricity. She glanced at Matt and couldn’t help but feel a little worried. She could go without sleep for days on end but she’d always end up somewhere sleeping for England. Maybe he was just thinking too much. She walked across the soft carpet and pushed the door open to the kitchen. The flooring changed from soft carpet to a harder fabric but it wasn’t a huge difference. She opened one of the cupboards and pushed a few things about inside. Not only did she never have as much food as she did now but she didn’t exactly know what she could do with it. She could hold her own against Rob but she didn’t have his talent. “Um...what do you want?” she asked. She bit her lip and smiled a little. “I think I raided the supermarket.”

She took a bag of chocolate chips out of the cupboard and frowned a little before opening them up. “Why use the couch when there are plenty of guest rooms?” she asked. It was a rhetorical question really. She was going to make him take a room whether she had to drag him herself. Although how she planned on doing that she wasn’t sure. “So you’re going to explore a little seaside town at night? There isn’t anything particularly interesting to do unless you join some of the people who make bonfires on the beach. The get awfully drunk. It’s not practical.” She smirked to herself and put the chocolate chips on the side. She walked over to the fridge and bent down so she was in front of the freezer. She opened it up and began to sort through the stuff inside. “Jesus Christ what was I thinking?” she asked herself. Although she’d probably eat for the next year and a half it was still far, far too much. She’d have to start doing dinner parties or something of the like just to get rid of it all. “Swimming is always good fun. It’s a little cold this time of night but feel free. I’ll, uh, be ... here.” She scowled and closed the fridge. She’d probably end up going down the road to wake up the guy that lived over the Chinese. A take-away was always a good option when one couldn’t be bothered to cook.
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Matt turned away from the window to sit back down in the arm chair. He sat in the same position before, not moving. He was thinking, staring at the table in the middle of the room. He closed his eyes, he was to focus on life. He wouldn't make the same mistakes he had made before, as he listed them off in his head he thought of ways to change them. He opened his eyes as Jen's voice trailed into his head from the kitchen. She was asking what he wanted, he didn't care as long as it was edible. He smiled to himself, she made a joke, a very corny one but still funny. "I'll take whatever's edible!" he called to her from his spot, still not moving. He looked at her stereo and pulled out his wand, finally moving. He waved it and another band turned on and the volume was louder. The familiar sound of his favourite muggle band filled the room. As "All to Myself" began to play he put his wand away and slumped down into the chair. His life changed today, he could make a list of things he would do differently. That however might take too long, and he didn't have a whole lot of time...well two hundred years was a lot of time but whatever.

"I don't like sleeping in other peoples beds." he called to her again. He had rules, it was couch or his own bed. Plus, he was used to sleeping on the couch at his own place anyway so it wouldn't make much of a difference. "I'm wishing you luck getting me to sleep in one of the guest rooms," he said. "I wish you luck even getting me asleep!" he added smiling to himself. He sighed and looked at one of the magazines on the table, he picked one up and stared at it. Muggle magazines were so weird, this one seemed to be about house and home. He tossed it back onto the table and looked out the window again. "Yeah, sure why not? There isn't much I can do inside is there?" he asked her. "You don't have anything good to read do you? I've finished pretty much every book at home. I like to raid other peoples book shelves, as you may have noticed at Burkes," he told her grinning and standing up. "Jen, I'm always cold," he said entering her kitchen. "I can cook if you like, I can't match Rob but I'm still pretty good!" he told her putting his hands in his pocket.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum