NEWTS - Class Three - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

NEWTS - Class Three - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

NEWTS - Class Three

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEWTS - Class Three - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWTS - Class Three

Post by Sophia Granger Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:35 am

Sophia rolled her as Suzannah pulled out a mirror like Professor Gibbs said she would. "Man she can be so pathetic at times."Sophia thought to herself. Doing what Professor Gibbs asked them to do she looked through her bag for anything breakable and found a small glass ball that her farther gave her to communicate with him any time and also to see if anything was going on around her. As she walked to the platform she gotten out her wand and thought to herself cantation for the Unbreakable Charm. As the spell hit the glass she smiled and pocketed her wand before she dropped it over the railings as it landed on the floor and rolled on the ground but it didn't break. Beaming to herself she looked at Professor Gibbs and smiled. "I did it Professor, exactly like you said to!"said Sophia happily.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Alester was mostly unconcerned with his classmates success, however he watched each item they chose with interest. He hid a dark chuckle as the girl whom the professor had been addressing earlier chose a mirror for her task. It was a rather obvious choice for most girls, even the ones unconcerned with their appearance seemed to be found with a mirror on their person at any given time. He was surprised when she finished her task and addressed him directly. The silvery glint of humor darkened giving his turquoise eyes a deeper sheen.

Alester Crowley, he gave the tiniest bow of his head and half smirk as he exchanged the introduction. He wasn't about to admit he had not caught her name earlier as it had been rendered inconsequential to his perspective; the conversation had been precedent over the actual parties involved. The silver light was returned to his eyes as a slight grin creased the corners of his lips. Yes I succeeded in not breaking my gazing ball; hard to scry without a gazing ball... He looked into the clear blue glass, silvery turquoise just like his eyes; a glimmer of light shone from deep within the sphere reflecting in his eyes as he turned his gaze from the ball back to Suzannah. Is class always so ---interesting? he asked with the shimmer lighting his eyes yet again.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Suzannah smiled at Alester and quickly looked him up and down. Hmph, you think he would put his uniform on properly She thought to herself, referring to his uniform. He wore his clothing as if he were lazing around at home, his tie was barely fastened in the correct fashion, his shirt was hanging out from beneath his vest, and his robes just lay open and wrinkly as if he didn't give a damn. Suzannah took much pride in her appearance and would never go out with a hair out of place. She always thought of perfection, and often tried to be perfect, though she knew that one could never be perfect; she always considered herself 'as close as it could get'.

"Hello Alester. You're new here, are you not?" Suzannah asked. She was sure that she never saw him in the halls or in her classes, although she never really payed attention to other people other than her friends. Suz frowned, almost offended at Alester's question. "No, not always, but most teachers find a way to insult me; but they will soon regret it all" She said with an evil grin spreading across her face.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:22 pm

He grinned as she assessed his form, today he was at odds with his usual appearance. He preferred to look nice, but comfortable. The uniform was a mark of conformity, his disregard of their propreiety was a form of rebellion, although he looked good in the green on black of his house colors adn out of context might have shown it off to his advantage...

His assessment of her appraisal completed, he admitted, Yes, I have been required to finish out the year and pass the exams as required by the ministry, my Mother preferred private tutoring for me over schooling; and the Ministry insisted I be enrolled in Hogwarts over Durmstrang, where my Father graduated. His eyes shone silver again, his means of laughing at the predicament he was in. So, yes, I am the newest prisoner of these hallowed halls...

He shifted the gazing ball around so that he was twirling it on his fingertips spinning it around and around, a distraction of sorts. Was he considered beneath her in her eyes? How typical... His bright laughing eyes went flat again.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:50 pm

''It is interesting... when she actually arrives on time. This is the first time I have seen her, and I haven't missed any of them. But wait until the little princess actually shows up on professor Wilson's class. That is when you'll see what ''insults'' are and if anyone is allowed to or not.'', he whispered to Alaster.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Alester appraised the4 boy who had addressed him now, he seemed to have a negative history with Suzannah, which was what had prompted the exchange from earlier. He offered a half smirk in reply, I can't say too much about being late... seems I am two for three in my classes thus far. Professor Wilson's being the rare exception I believe...although my tardiness has not affected my performance it appears. his smirk found the other corner to turn into a cynical grin.

He looked at the boy, a Gryffindor by his robes-- although the separation of Houses meant very little to Alester, it simply was not something he had to deal with previously so he had no preconceived notions of loyalties to a color or name in this manner. Being home tutored had given him indifference if nothing else.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Suzannah giggled and flipped her hair over her shoulder "Well maybe it was a good thing you came to Hogwarts" She smiled up at him and gave him a little wink. It was unusual for her to flirt with guys, most of them stayed away from her or didn't talk to her point blank. But Alester seemed like "her type" and seemed fairly nice. "I feel the same way... I hate it here. My father made me and Scorpius, my brother, come here. And Sacha came soon after us. I guess he only wanted us to come here because he graduated from this hell-hole" She shrugged.

Suzannah turned to Arthur who was whispering something- quite loudly- to Alester. "Screw off, Poe. Don't spoil Alester's mind with that rubbish. And I am not a princess, now go away before I turn you into the little rat that you are' She spat at Arthur. Suz walked closer to Alester and stood next to him, watching him toy around with the glass ball he held in his palms. "So tell me about yourself. Do you have any siblings? What do you like to do as a hobby?" She asked, clearly interested.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:45 pm

He enjoyed the interplay between these two it showed Suzannah to be strong and able to stand up for herself. These were important qualities, Alester chose his circle of friends carefully, they should never expect to depend on him or any other member for more than support and backup; or revenge. Strength was good... and he liked the means she had of using her sharp tongue as a weapon, it revealed that she might appear unintellectual, yet she had a good head on her shoulders. Perhaps that was a bit too much of the Professor's assessment in his thoughts... he was the only one, with the Gryffindor nearest him, who seemed to think she was inept that he knew of. Or perhaps he was reading her indifference to the subject as a desire to give off an air of not caring about the subject matter itself.

Either way she was aloof, yet with good reason, continually attacked meant continually on guard. He couldn't hide the lightening flashes of silver passing over his eyes as he laughed within himself. He continued to twirl the gazing ball until it became a blur giving off its own light from deep within the center. He knew it meant he should be paying it attention, but this was niether the time nor place. So he treated it as insubstantial, forcing himself to keep his eyes on the blonde instead of the growing light which flashed and played off the dancing light in his eyes. I am an only child, Grandson of Alester Crowley, whose son was recently murdered...which is what forced the ministry to demand I submit for testing here at Hogwarts. I just turned 18, and feel their attempt to muscle into my family affairs and to exert power over my mother and myself is unnecessary. In their own laws I am a man, and yet here I stand...in a classroom performing the same tasks as you all to prove my worth to the world we live in. The brightness flashed in the ball and his eyes, he was showing emotion, carefully he reigned in the growing anger at his life being invaded.

Beginning again he continued in the same soft, barely audible voice, My hobbies? Knowing myself inside and out and assuming my place in the world...finding and building power, that is where my interests lie. Personally, I adhere to a strict personal code which allows not a lot of freetime for hobbies--or casual association. There was almost a tone of meloncholy in his voice...almost.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Suzannah felt a flash of sympathy flow through her body for Alester. It seemed like he went through so much, so much more than she's been through. She wanted to, in some way, soothe him which was unusual for her. She usually kept to herself and never wanted to know anything about anyone; she always thought that the only things she needed to know about people were things about herself. But she really wanted to know more and more about Alester, even though she could tell that he didn't really like to talk about it.

"Wow, um.. I'm sorry about all of that. It seems like you've been through a lot. And I think it's wrong that you have to prove your worth to this world... your worth seems obvious to me" She added. Suzannah felt this relation to him as if she has known him for ever. He had individual qualities to him which, when they all added up, made a great person, that you really have to get to know before you begin to judge. She could hear the slight somberness in his voice, and her eyes narrowed as she gazed at him. "Are you okay?" She asked silently so that only he could hear. "I.. I didn't upset you did I?" She asked, concerned.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 pm

His face spread in a wide grin, and he laughed deeply again, No, I'm not saddened; that which does not kill us makes us only stronger. I look forward to facing my father's murderers and staring into their eyes as I slowly watch their life's blood ebb and flow away...possibly even to my own enjoyment... His darkest secret brimmed at the surface as he flicked his tongue against his lower lip at the thought of the delicious torture he had in store for those who had hurt his mother and taken his father way to early in his life. He felt the self control click back into place as he recalled the location of their conversation, he was hyper self-aware and when he looked at her again his eyes were clear turquoise colored with a dusky grey.

He considered her carefully, she had facets, like he did.. sides of herself that only showed when you saw them in the light in certain ways. He joked, Beware; concern leads its way to confidences... are you so certain I am the one you should associate with? I could be a murderer, a vigilante with nothing more than your own demise dancing behind my eyes... he laughed again, the dark chuckle of his own humor-- he meant her no harm, but his own past... well that was better left in the past. He was not above hurting the innocent if they chanced to be in the wrong place and in his way... power always came at a price, it was the measure of the man what price he was willing to pay. What price was too high... say --- for her...
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top