taking a walk - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

taking a walk - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

taking a walk

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

taking a walk - Page 3 Empty Re: taking a walk

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 pm

"Ah, but if you recall, I used to be that silly. Remember I was the one willing to die for Shacklebolt at one time. Not sure I would be so quick to do that again. Depends on who it is, I suppose, and what they mean to me. Perhaps that makes me a bit smarter.

"As for Texas, no. They weren't Death Eaters, actually. They were crooked agents in the American Department of Magic. They were selling magic potions to muggles on the American illegal drug market. Apparently select magic potions can cause muggles quite a 'buzz.' They and their seedy operation was discovered by accident, unfortunately, by the wife of a friend of mine, and they killed her and nearly killed my friend and his young son. I decided to clean house through the American government, through their Magic Department, at least. Went over and took out the whole crooked, nasty lot of them. Bastards. They deserved it. And, no, I wasn't under anyone's orders. I acted on my own. I doubt our ministry even knows about it. And that's just as well. Although, so far, it does seem as if the Americans do not connect it enough to think Britain has declared war on America again. That much has gone according to Hoyle.

"Well, Rob was right that I could not go through life grieving for Remus forever. And part of me was. I did have to get past that. However, you may be right. Perhaps I don't owe it to Rob or anybody else to be less than who I am. It really is asking a lot for me to fit into his mold and for him to be doing whatever he bloody well pleases, whenever he wants. That actually does piss me off quite a lot. Always has. It is clearly not my definition of a life partner and no where near the definition of a good father for my daughter. I thought things would be very different than how they have been, at least lately. My father has been basically giving me the same message that you are. It seems the two of you do agree on that point." She paused a moment and smiled, "I didn't think I would see the day where I would honestly ever say that you and my father agreed on much of anything. You two are very different indeed.

"I suppose, though, you've struck upon part of why I really do want to come to Hogwarts. Maybe getting back to my roots a bit will help me to remember who I really am and what I want, not necessarily to wrap my life up in what Rob wants. I think it will be good for me. It is very easy to work an 80 hour weeks at St. Mungo's, and that is part of my father's theory in why he thinks I'm not myself. It's a huge task to update the hospital from being outdated at least 100 years. He would be pleased for me to take a leave and to take over for me. He's been trying to get me to do that for weeks, even before I hired him on there. His theory is that if I actually have some time for something else, I might go back to being myself. Who knows? Maybe he's right. I do know its a lot harder to put in 80 hour weeks in a librarian's position. And that might be a really nice thing. I know you know what its like to get to the end of a work day and have at least as much, if not more, on your desk than when you started.

"There are some very peaceful places in the castle and on the grounds that I do miss," that made her smile, thinking of all the places there that she loved, the places where she used to fly Archangel. Then she laughed, "You weren't there to see how out of place my eagle looked in the owlery with all those little owls. It really was pretty funny. I think half of them were afraid of him. They always seemed to just instantly make room for him. You know, I'm glad I ran into you today. You've given me a lot to think about. Maybe I do need to get back to being myself."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

taking a walk - Page 3 Empty Re: taking a walk

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:17 am

Aurora takes a walk and notices people goig the same way as her. She walks behind the people hoping not to get noticed.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top