Kylie Lillias (updated)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Kylie Lillias (updated) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Kylie Lillias (updated)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kylie Lillias (updated) Empty Kylie Lillias (updated)

Post by Kylie Lillias Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:20 pm

O U T  O F  C H A R A C T E R
Name: Rachel
How you found Potter's Army: Found through Top Harry Potter Sites (via Googling “Harry Potter RPG”)
Any other characters on Potter's Army: No.
Have your read the Plot?: Yes
Have your read the Must read threads?: Yes

B A S I C  I N F O R M A T I O N
Kylie Lillias (updated) Brown_haired_girl_by_karnabi
Name: Kylie Lillias
Race: Human
Blood Status: Half-blood
Year AND Age: First year (11)
Preferred houses: Hufflepuff
Canon or Original: Original

A P P E A R A N C E
Height: Tall
Hair: Medium brown and straight
Eye colour: Blue
Skin: Fair
General Appearance: Kylie is tall for her age, and appears somewhat awkward and clumsy, moving in small bursts and jerks. She has a larger build with wide hips and shoulders, and has straight brown hair and blue eyes that vary between ice blue and blue-green depending on what she is wearing. Appearances are not a large concern for her, so she wears little to no makeup and often dresses in simpler clothing and has a smile or half-smile on her face as her natural expression. Among those her own age, especially if feeling at all uncomfortable, she sub-consciously slumps and finds herself trying to make herself shorter to blend in better.

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Skills:
Cooking
Reading
Writing
Paying attention for long periods of time
Highly observant
Listening
Weaknesses:
Persevering when something is difficult
Can be somewhat lazy
Horrible at lying
Non-confrontational
Hand-eye coordination
Wasting time
Settling down with a good book
Dislikes:
Uptight people
Drama
Being interrupted while speaking
General Personality: Kylie is generally relaxed and at ease, doing just enough work to get by and often procrastinating until the last moment. She enjoys the company of others and prefers a small group of close knit friends rather than a huge group of acquaintances, but is also satisfied to sit down with a good book.

Kylie is highly non-confrontational, and usually smooths over her own anger or other unpleasant emotions, meaning that they bubble and simmer while she attempts to ignore them. On the occasions where she does become stressed out or upset, she becomes quiet, moody, and any hidden emotions bubble up to the surface in often tactless ways.

H I S T O R Y
Family Information:
Father – David Lillias
Mother – Samantha Lillias
Brother – Steven Lillias
Childhood:
Kylie grew up living on a farm with her family. With few other families around, she and her brother were home schooled. She was aware from an early age that her dad was able to do some things that the rest of them weren't able to, but because interaction with their neighbors was only occasional and often only surface interactions, it wasn't until she was 9 that she realized that her dad was special. But still, it was all she had known, so it didn't seem all that weird to her.

She was raised in a strange situation, understanding (at least as much as a child can) both the Wizard and Muggle worlds, learning to read both the Daily Prophet and the New York Times. She has an appreciation of magic, but was encouraged to, if she did end up having magic, not rely on it for everything and not devalue herself or anyone else for their bloodline.

Kylie and her brother are very close, having had almost no other playmates. They share their love of reading, racing each other through or sharing books throughout their childhood. When the weather was too bad to go outside to play, they often snuggled up together to read to each other. Kylie is highly protective of him, and is eager to have him be old enough to join her at Hogwarts.

Short Roleplay: Kylie sat in a compartment of the Hogwarts Express by herself, with a book and her journal in her lap. She had opened the book absentmindedly to try to read to calm her nerves, but had become unfocused. Footsteps came and retreated several times, as some older students glanced in to look for their friends. Glancing down, Kylie realized her hand was shaking slightly, and put her other hand on top of it to help calm it down. It didn't help. Closing her book, she opened her journal instead, which had a picture and a note from her brother attached, wishing her luck and demanding she write as soon as she had a chance.

She was saddened to be reminded that her best friend wasn't here with her, and she would just need to find some new people to spend time with. Taking a deep breath, Kylie closed her eyes for a moment, then determinedly grabbed her bag and books and put a smile on her face that she hoped didn't seem too forced. Stepping out into the hall, she began to walk, looking for a more populated – and hopefully, friendly – compartment.

Last edited by Kylie Lillias on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kylie Lillias
Kylie Lillias

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Kylie Lillias (updated) Empty Re: Kylie Lillias (updated)

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Maybe just a tiny bit more for General Apperance?

Awesome app though! Very Happy
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie Lillias Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks! Very Happy I've updated it a bit - is that better? Admittedly, I thought through a lot more about her personality and history more than her appearance, and I realize her description is kind of vague.
Kylie Lillias
Kylie Lillias

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 pm

You should have really stated 2 houses but considering we need Puffers i'll skip it Razz

Accepted and sorted into HUFFELPUFF

YAY!
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie Lillias Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 pm

I originally put Ravenclaw as well, but I thought she might be to slacker-ish to really fit in.

Whooo Hufflepuff! Cool
Kylie Lillias
Kylie Lillias

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top