Plot Ideas
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Plot Ideas Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Plot Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plot Ideas Empty Plot Ideas

Post by Jess Potter Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Ok, from what ive just read the Ne'os problem is solved. Matt might've been right that all he needed was something nice to say, but he seemed to just change it, maybe he saw sense? Anyway, enough of that, it SHOULD be in the past now.

PA Needs to move on, the order has had it's fun, Matt is minister now, we need to get the site moving now, topics that will spawn site wide with affecting things for all people.

So, from what we decided from before, the DEs will take over hogwarts, and hopefully they'll become even more successful, something fun will happen. I think we need to sort something out that affects the site, the evils at hogwarts should keep it busy, i suggest getting either someone we can trust, or an admin's student account into the leadership of the PA, and get it going, as well as having the imperium squad, which should keep hogwarts busy. If there's one fun thing at the school, hopefully it'll put a new twist on the classes, or make people THINK there's a new twist on the classes, and that'll result in people posting in them. At the very least it should keep the school activer than it is now.

In the graduate side of things, i say we have many topics going at once revolving around the plot. the last plot was a good one, but it was very much a one topic thing, maybe a few meetings beforehand, but it stopped at that, which was it's main failing point. So, for example there's a clash against the order and DEs, we would have the clash, and it'd be decided beforehand the DEs would win, so there would be topics afterwards, the order discussing their loss, and the DEs their win, or something similar, while the battle took place there could be certain order members off doing something else involved with hogwarts, and other DE things doing general terrorising stuff. But hard to explain, but hopefully you know what i meant when i said 'Multiple topics involving the plot'

We also need to make either a site wide plot, or a grad and hogwarts plot, or something that links all of these things.

I would suggest in your suggestions you include some level of unstructuredness, i'm not sure about the rest of you, but i';m really over these structured, or 'scripted' plots. Also, add a bit of fun, i also like a bit of lighthearted character development in plots

Hope that made sense, post, respond, be constructive and don't just shoot it down, if you see certain good things, but a few bad things, point them out and explain your views, remember, this isn't a topic saying what will happen in the future, it's one saying we need to decide what will happen.

Cheers, Jess
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Plot Ideas Empty Re: Plot Ideas

Post by Sandra Archer Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:00 am

I personally think the DE takeover of Hogwarts is a great idea, and I'm really excited about it. I think it can really improve the activity around Hogwarts, as it's kind of slacked off recently. If handled right, I think this could give it the kick it needs.

I think what we need to aim for here is a Deathly Hallows-esque Hogwarts, though perhaps not quite as desperate an atmosphere. This is a chance to revive Potter's Army (The feuding force, not the site) in a big way. Be honest. Who isn't interested in seeing the Imperium squad duke it out with ragtag groups of rebels, or really bring the pain on the trouble makers? Think of the character interaction when trusted friends suddenly become the student rulers of the school, and it's their job to turn you in. It'll be chaos. It'll be awesome.

S obviously, the key here is the Imperium Squad. Handled right, it and PA could jump-start the entire castle. They're the Death Eaters and Order of the Phoenix of Hogwarts, except instead of black and white, they're both murky shades of grey.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:03 am

OMG! SANDRA!!! I like the way you think!! That's awesome!! I think we should go with that, give the students some action!!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:23 am

Wow, great ideas guys! I really think we should use this plot, because right now, there doesn't seem to be any good plots going on in Hogwarts. And as my only account is an Hogwarts student, that kind of stinks for me. Razz

Anyways, I'm really glad Mari revived Potter's Army! This would be great to have going!
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:35 am

I love the plot Sandra. NIce thinking. I think it would be interesting to see how it weaves in with Majere's desires of his own for Hogwarts. Should be able to be evolved into a complex plot with multiple elements all its own that will give students plenty of action and adventure and perhaps reasons to come to classes than besides just the lessons. Lots of great potential here for those multi-level, multi-facetted plots with this.

However, let's see if we can come up with a really great plot for grads and see if whatever we come up with can be woven in with this really great thing we have in the works for hogwarts. We need things for grads as well as dropouts to do. And, really, we have some great ghosts that never get to play. it would be great to involve them somehow. Somehow make it possible for anyone who wants to, can be involved in it somehow if they choose. Make them feel a part. That will make "old" players feel less bored, and new players feel welcome because they will feel included--if we have something for everyone. Personally, I think ghosts could be great spies or informants. They could be part of a wizarding security system, so that if some key area is breeched, they could either alert the living, or scare the beejeebers out of the ones doing the breeching. They are soooo underused here. And they would be great in the Mafia thing as thugs, lol. Part of the job of a thug is to terrify. Who better to do that than a ghost??? I mean, REALLY!! And nearly headless nick could be, for example, "bought" into doing such haunting with the promise or an arrangement to finally get him into the Headless Ghost Club he has so craved for hundreds of years. LOL Thoughts??
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22669
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top