As the years go by~
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

As the years go by~ Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

As the years go by~

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

As the years go by~ Empty As the years go by~

Post by Daisy Lamberton Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Daisy was walking down to Hogsmeade. Alone, but that wasn't unusual for her. She spent a lot of the time alone. She didn't mind it too much, though sometimes she did get a bit lonely. It wasn't as if she had no friends at all, in fact, she had some really good friends. She just didn't spend a lot of time with them, sometimes. She didn't have a normal social life, to say the least.

Why she was a Gryffindor, nobody had figured out yet. She was shy, and how could someone be brave and shy at the same time? That was the question she had been trying to figure out ever since day one when she was sorted. She hadn't made any good friends inside of her house because of this, though she had a few good friends in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.

As Daisy approached the village, she was deciding where she wanted to visit first. Now, I don't really need anything new. So it's not like there's a particular place I should go to. I could have a drink though. Drinks are always good. Ok, The Three Broomsticks it is!

Happy with her decision, Daisy crossed the street and entered the building of her choice. She was surprised as she opened the door, though. Wow, it's quite quiet today. It's usually busier than this. I guess I got out of Hogwarts before most people. It will be crowded in no time, that's for sure. She went up to the bar and asked the barman for a butterbeer and handed over some coins.

[[OOC: Libby could already be in the pub or not, up to you.]]
Daisy Lamberton
Daisy Lamberton

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

As the years go by~ Empty Re: As the years go by~

Post by Elizabeth Eplee Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Elizabeth was having one of those days. In attempts to get some school work done she had managed to spill her ink and then break her quill out of anger from said ink spill. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if it hadn't been her luxurious eagle feather quill which her father had given to her on Elizabeth's last birthday. Then many other less than catastrophic events occurred but they were annoying enough to put a damper on her day. However, thankfully it was still early and she had the opportunity to turn this potentially bad day right around. This was the reason she was walking down to Hogsmeade.

The wizarding village had always proven to be a good escape. There were ample amounts of activities to do there, ones which could easily distract her from anything that was going on at school. The joke shop always proved to be a worthwhile visits, the toys in their could keep her distracted for hours though she rarely purchased anything from there. Honeydukes was her weak spot, she almost always ended up spending more money than she should on sweets. She had a hell of a sweet tooth. But for right now, she was feeling a butterbeer. Or well, if she could have her way, she'd have a stout alcoholic beverage but that wasn't possible yet.

The weather was crisp and would have been pleasant if it hadn't been for the brisk wind that was a little too strong for her liking. It was freezing off the tip of her pointy nose. Well, that was an exaggeration, but it was still cold nonetheless. Burrowing her hands into her pockets, she looked skyward, seeing only a few wisps of clouds in the otherwise clear sky. Because she hadn't been paying attention to what was in front of her, she'd managed to trip over a small hole in the pathway, causing her to fall to her knees. Scowling she got back to her feet, cursing that hole and continued to walk forward. It really wasn't a good day.

As she entered the pub, Elizabeth didn't bother to look around her. She was a girl with a mission. Jokingly she ordered a firewhiskey, causing the barman to laugh since he knew she wasn't of age, before she ordered herself a butterbeer. Once she had the warm drink in her hands she gazed around. Instantly her blue eyes fell upon Daisy, whom she was surprised she hadn't noticed before. She was only a few seats down from where she was standing. After thanking and paying the barman she sat down next to her friend. "Hey Daisy," she greeted warmly. "Tell me some good news, I need some," she told her with a laugh before taking a sip of her drink.
Elizabeth Eplee
Elizabeth Eplee

Number of posts : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Lamberton Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:12 am

The barman handed Daisy her drink which she proceeded to sip at, not really taking into account any of her surroundings. She just sat there, sipping and sipping. Purely oblivious to the fact that Libby, one of her few friends, had just entered the pub and ordered a drink merely a few seats down from herself. Until Libby spoke to her, that was.

The two girls had been friends for a while, now. Daisy couldn't remember exactly when they had become friends. They had been paired together for some project at some point during the past six years at Hogwarts. They didn't exactly have very similar personalities, yet somehow they had become friends. Opposites attract and all that, Daisy figured.

"Hey Libby!" Daisy greeted her friend. She was glad to see someone she knew and liked. No offence to some of the girls in the Gryffindor, but she never seemed to make many good friends within her house, though she had no idea why.

"Erm, I'm not actually failing any classes so far this year, that has to be a miracle!" she suggested. School work was probably the one thing that wasn't going awfully in her life at the moment, unusually. "Why, what's up?" she asked her friend.
Daisy Lamberton
Daisy Lamberton

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Eplee Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Libby grinned, glad to be met with an enthusiastic greeting. Daisy was one of those people whom Elizabeth had never been entirely sure how they had become friends. They had been assigned to work together on a project and while they had gotten along well, they weren't really all that close. But after a few years of hanging out sporadically they had become friends without Elizabeth even realizing it was happening.

She wasn't complaining mind you, she was thankful to have Daisy. Most of Elizabeth's friends could be rather shallow and were generally only around to have a good time but wouldn't be there for her in the long haul. Daisy was a refreshing breath of air from most of the people whom she normally hung around with.

The Ravenclaw chuckled when Daisy said she was passing up all of her classes. Libby held up her hand for a hi-five, "Well heck yeah! That's what I like to hear," she responded with a silly grin plastered to her face. When her friend asked what was wrong Elizabeth just sighed. Shaking her head she admitted, "Its nothing really serious or anything. I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning I guess." Taking a sip of her drink she added, "But its still early, we can turn this bad day of mine right around," she said with optimism.

Feeling as though she was putting a bit too much attention on herself she asked Daisy, "So other than the exciting news that you're passing all your classes, what else has been up with you?" She was genuinely curious; it had been some time since they'd had the chance to talk.
Elizabeth Eplee
Elizabeth Eplee

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Lamberton Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Daisy smiled back at Libby. She was always smiling, no matter how her life was going. She was that kind of girl. Too shy to tell you anything about herself, so she just smiled away. Nobody had any idea how she was unless she told them. She was good at hiding things. She'd had years of practise, after all.

Libby was one of Daisy's more outgoing friends, that was for sure. They didn't have a normal friendship, their personalities weren't similar and it was a wonder they were friends. It could just be that they had known each other so long that they had become close. It also showed that they would probably continue to be friends, as they already were so different that things like that didn't seem to affect their friendship.

Daisy high-fived her friend and laughed. One of the typical Ravenclaw traits was caring about classes, it didn't seem like Libby was any exception. "Yeah, it's nice not to be failing" she said, speaking from experience. She'd had bad experiences with her previous Potions teacher, mainly due to her being awful at the subject itself. "You can turn your day around if you want, you can do anything you want to your day. It is your day, after all." Daisy told her friend, being positive. It was one thing she wasn't too bad at.

"Gryffindor girls are being, well, the usual. Giggly. Chatty. Just everything I'm not! Still don't know why I was sorted there." she said, though Daisy had told her friend this many times before in the past six years. "Nothing much else though. Ever since I was a sub in the last Quidditch match my dad has become re-obsessed with me joining the Quidditch team. I never will, it's really annoying."
Daisy Lamberton
Daisy Lamberton

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Eplee Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 am

Elizabeth had always been horrible about letting small things ruin her day. Optimism had never been something she was all that great at. She was far too much of a pessimist. Though, to be fair, she preferred to call herself a realist instead. Though Libby was contradictory like that...one day she was a dreamer, the next a realist and so forth. She had many conflicting traits which could be very confusing to others though of course she took no notice of this.

Elizabeth smiled at Daisy's optimism. It had always been on of the Gryffindor's characteristics that had drawn Libby in. "Exactly. So cheers to a fantastic day," she said with a laugh, raising her glass to clink with the other girl's. She beamed at Daisy. Libby was glad she had run into her of all people. She was getting rather sick of some of her other friends...or so-called friends. Daisy was as genuine as it got in Elizabeth's books and she felt as though she needed to be around that sort of person more often.

Libby couldn't help but smile slightly when Daisy complained about the Gryffindor girls. This was something she had heard many, many times before. Sometimes Libby found herself wondering the same thing...why had Daisy been put into that house? But then again, sometimes she felt as though Daisy was in the right place after all. "Well, the Sorting Hat saw something Gryffindor-esque in you," she replied with a laugh. "But you know I agree with you. Most of the girls in your house make me want to claw my eyes out," she added rather dramatically. Of course this was a hyperbole but Daisy was one of the few Gryffindors whom she was able to get along with.

Propping her elbow on the table she turned towards her friend, "Well why not? It'd be something fun and exciting to do," she commented. Though she didn't want Daisy to feel as though she was pressuring her so she added, "But if you're not into it, you're not into it." Taking a sip of her butterbeer she decided to change a potentially touchy subject. "Soo," she started, drawing out the word, "How's the love life looking?" she asked with a grin. Elizabeth had been pestering Daisy about getting a boy for an incredibly long time. She was sure that it annoyed the Gryffindor but Libby just couldn't understand why boys weren't flocking over her. She was amazing. And not to mention very uniquely pretty.
Elizabeth Eplee
Elizabeth Eplee

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Lamberton Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:04 pm

[[OOC: Sorry it took a while to respond, have been ill.]]

Daisy continued smiling, effortlessly. It was the one thing she could do to help, one thing that did come naturally to her - being positive. Though despite the fact she was friendly, smiley, positive and tried to be nice to everyone, she never seem to have many friends. Daisy thought herself that it was because she was just too shy, though she did just like to be alone sometimes. She wasn't exactly the most social person in the world ever.

Daisy clinked glasses with Libby. "Cheers." she agreed, "And to many, many more." she added. Daisy was glad that she ran into Libby that day. They were good friends, though they hadn't talked much in a while. Libby wasn't that like Daisy, Daisy was more shy and didn't seem to have as many friends.

Nodding in agreement, it felt odd to Daisy to talk about her fellow housemates. Everyone goes on about house loyalty, yet I don't seem to feel that way. I guess I'm just weird. Most people think of their house like a family. I kind of do. Though family don't always get on. I'm more like the cousin that nobody wants to talk to. "Yeah, tell me about it. I honestly don't want to know every single piece of gossip about everyone in the school. I just don't care, really." she agreed. She often felt that she didn't have much to talk about with the other Gryffindor girls. "I guess I have some Gryffindor quality. I'll just find it out at some point. Later than everyone else." she said. Daisy had been telling herself this ever since she got sorted into Gryffindor. She would discover her inner-Gryffindor, eventually.

Daisy hadn't thought about Quidditch much. She had never thought she was that good, but then again she had never tried that hard either. She wasn't the most hard-working person in the world, that was for sure. "I guess I could play, if I really worked for it. But I just don't like it enough. There are tons of people in Gryffindor who want it way more than I do and want to be on the team. I just sub here and there, if they need me." she told her friend, not really wanting to have a discussion about Quidditch.

It was then Libby changed the subject to boys. A subject Daisy didn't particularly like either, so rolled her eyes when it was brought up. "None existent, as per usual." she replied, "I don't know why you thought it might be anything different. No guy is going to want to date the shy quiet Gryffindor and I barely know half the guys in the year. I think they purposely avoid me or something." she added, putting herself down as usual. Despite being optimistic in general, when it came to anything about herself, especially anything social, she always put herself down.
Daisy Lamberton
Daisy Lamberton

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Eplee Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:15 am

Daisy had always been talented at keeping a smile on her face at all times. Her cheerfulness was contagious and a smile broke out on Libby's face as well. Elizabeth's face generally tended to reflect anything she was feeling despite her best efforts. If she somehow managed to smile when she was upset or angry her eyes generally betrayed her and showed the true emotions she was feeling.

Her grin broadened at Daisy's addition, "Oh yes my dear, to many more," she commented with a laugh before taking a sip of her butterbeer. Any sort of frigidness she had inside of her from the outdoors melted away with every gulp she took. Besides fire whiskey, it was the quickest way to warm someone up in her opinion.

Elizabeth chuckled as her friend commented about not wanting to know every single piece of gossip. "Unfortunately, that happens in every house I'm afraid," she replied. "Anywhere teenage girls are, gossip is sure to follow," she added with a chuckle. It was unfortunately a very true statement. Gossip was a catching disease among teenagers, especially those of the female persuasion. She couldn't count the number of times she had to ask her dormmates to just shut the heck up because she didn't want to hear them ramble on about meaningless matters which didn't affect her in the slightest.

Sometimes she pitied Daisy for being unsure why she had been sorted into Gryffindor. But that just showed that she had something to learn about herself in the long run. Elizabeth on the other hand had been pleasantly surprised when she had been sorted into Ravenclaw. Though when she was younger she hadn't been all that about her level of intelligence, she had known that she placed school work above everything else. There were times however that she wondered why she hadn't been placed in Slytherin; the house of the ambitious. She turned towards her friend, "Well, if you could have the chose of a house, which one would you have sorted yourself into?"

Elizabeth could sense that Quidditch was a rather touchy subject. "Well, if you don't have the passion, then there's no point in chasing after it," she replied, showing Daisy that she was on her side. She herself had once been interested in Quidditch but the thought of pursuing that any further than her time at Hogwarts was undesirable. So what was the point in working at something if one knew it would eventually come to an end? There wasn't one.

She couldn't help but chuckle at Daisy's eye roll. Though when Daisy mentioned the boys avoiding her it was Elizabeth's turn to roll her eyes. "Oh hush. They're not avoiding you. That is simply absurd," she replied, taking a sip of her butterbeer. "And shy girls are hot. Come on, you have that whole mysterious thing going on," she added playfully, shooting her friend a smile. "You really haven't met anyone who has struck your fancy?" she asked, raising her eyebrow slightly. Seeing Daisy with a boy was on her list of things to do before she graduated and she'd be damned if she didn't help make that happen.
Elizabeth Eplee
Elizabeth Eplee

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Lamberton Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Daisy noticed Libby was now smiling as well as herself. Yes! I've made her feel less...better than before, at least. I don't seem to be good at much at school, except the odd thing here and there, but at least I can be a good friend and cheer people up. At least, I think I am. I try to be, at any rate.

Daisy nodded as Libby agreed with her and took a sip of her butterbeer. She loved butterbeer, she wasn't the kind of girl who was adventurous enough to try firewhiskey or anything of that sort. She was happy with her butterbeer in The Three Broomsticks on a cold day.

Daisy sighed, guessing that Libby was probably right. Is that what every single girl in the universe is like? Don't they have anything else to talk about? They must do. I guess all girls do gossip to an extent. But it just seems like some of the Gryffies just talk about things they know I have no idea about, as if they purposely want to exclude me. Just because I'm not like them. "Yeah, I guess so. I just...well, I just wish they talked about something I could join in with sometimes. Everyone else has this massive house loyalty, which I just seem to lack. And I don't know why."

Libby's next question retminded Daisy of the recurring question in Daisy's life. Why was she sorted into Gryffindor? Ok, so Libby didn't directly mention it, but she asked where else I would want to be. Where else would I want to be? I don't actually know. I seem to lack qualities from all the houses. I'm not ambitious, clever, hard working or brave. Maybe I was put in Gryffindor just to fill up the numbers? That couldn't have been it, could it? Ok, ok, back to the question. Where do I want to be? I would like to be brave and outgoing and clever and hardworking and ambitious. But what do I want most? I'm making my parents happy being in Gryffindor, at least. I guess I would want to be brave, the most. But I'm not. Ahhh! Why does my life have to be so confusing? "I don't really know where I would want to be. I'd like to be brave and in Gryffindor, but since I don't seem to have any of the main four qualities for each house, I don't know where I would be best! I'm just like the odd one out." Daisy told Libby, not sure how to word what she thought.

Daisy was glad Libby seemed to agree with her on the Quidditch front. "Yeah, I just don't like it that much. I can do alright, if I try, but I just don't enjoy it. I always end up playing Beater but I just feel bad for hitting bludgers at the other team! Not the best quality for a Beater, really!" she told Libby, laughing slightly towards the end.

Daisy didn't believe for a second that she was 'hot' or that any boy would ever like her. Her self-esteem and confidence weren't exactly very high. "You're just saying that, Libby. I'm sure if any guy actually ever liked me, I would have found out at some point. They probably don't know who I am, half of them. I am really shy, after all." she argued back. "And no, I haven't met anyone who's struck my fancy." she added on the end.
Daisy Lamberton
Daisy Lamberton

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Eplee Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 am

Elizabeth had never really understood the house loyalty crap either. But unlike Daisy, she wasn't really all that troubled by it. The Ravenclaw had always felt sorry for Daisy when it came to the girls in Gryffindor; she wanted desperately to fit in with them but only because they were members of her house and not because she particularly enjoyed their company.

While pursing her lips she listened to Daisy's complaints about how the other girls seemed to intentionally leave her out of the conversation via certain topics. After a moment Libby spoke. "Well, if they talk about things you can't talk about...then why don't you just start a conversation on the subject of your choice?" She knew the answer to that question before she had even finished saying it. "I know, I know. You're shy, I get it. But sometimes you just have to put yourself out there."

Elizabeth was quite sure she'd told Daisy this at least a hundred times; at least the part about needing to put herself out there. She was one of the sweetest, most kindhearted girls but no one knew because so few had actually had a conversation with her.

"Well that's just simply not true." After taking a sip of butterbeer she tried to think of the best way to reply to Daisy's statement. She just had so much to say. "Bravery takes little to no effort," she began, trying to think of how to verbalize what she was thinking. "Just don't think about something before you do it. Bravery sometimes goes hand-in-hand with stupidity." She didn't mean this in an insulting way at all - that's just how she viewed things. Hopefully Daisy would know that Elizabeth wouldn't outright insult her house or something which she aspired to be. She was just trying to tell Daisy it was within reach if that was what she really wanted. Taking on a much more comforting tone she added, "And you're not the odd one out. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way that you do. You're not alone."

Libby couldn't help but laugh when Daisy talked said she felt guilty for hitting the bludger. "Oh Daisy...that's just so...you." The Gryffindor had such a warm heart that she even felt bad for an inanimate object. Elizabeth just found it hilarious. "But yeah, I'd say that's a bad quality for a Beater to have."

She couldn't help but roll her eyes. "I am NOT just saying that. Seriously, I could prove it to you that guys find you attractive." A mischievous look came across her face before sticking out her lower lip in a pout, "Please let me hook you up with someone? Just one date!"
Elizabeth Eplee
Elizabeth Eplee

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum