Band or Solo?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Band or Solo? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Band or Solo?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Band or Solo? Empty Band or Solo?

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:51 am

Danny walked into the Leaky Cauldron feeling quite excited to have his first day on the job. He walked to the back part of the pub and grabbed his Ibanez guitar that he had bought a while ago. He talked to the bass and drum player and told them about the song he had chosen. They nodded and said okay and got ready for their postitions. Danny jumped up onto the stage and plugged the guitar into the amplifier and tehn made sure the mic was working. The patrons look curiously at Danny and it made him feel a bit uneasy as first. Finally Danny said "Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, we'll be playing an old song that you may have heard of!" he said then making sure his guitar was in the right part. Slowly, he played each part of the song 'Jump' by Van Halen, his fingers moving freely across the neck of the guitar and the song came out with perfect tune. Apprently the patrons all wondered what kind of music this way but in the end they liked it.

I get up, and nothing gets me down.
You got it tough. I've seen the toughest soul around.
And I know, baby, just how you feel.
You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real
Oh can't you see me standing here,
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen.
Oh can't you see what I mean?
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Band or Solo? Empty Re: Band or Solo?

Post by Lucas Montez Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 am

(P.S. I am not a DE..Supposed to be neutral)

Paige had been sitting in a booth by herself quietly drinking a butterbeer. She had nothing better to do. No job. Not many friends- well none at all and as for family? All evil.

She was wearing purple leggings with a short denim skirt and a three quarter green sleeved top and an orange singlet top over her green top. She liked layers. Along with black converse shoes. Her hair was curled today and she had alot of jewellery on.

She had been busy working on a song and had just finished it. It was called 'Not what it seems'. She hoped she could sing on stage, like this guy was, singing some song that he thought that the audience would know. But she didnt.

Paige had been thinking about getting a band together- great way to meet people. She really hated that she'd bribed the hat, on the first day of hogwarts to put in her into the Slytherin house, instead of Ravenclaw and in return she had to secretly visit the hat everyday.

She'd thought that if she was put into Slytherin her parents would be pleased. She'd thought the 'evil' would grow on her, but it never really did. If she had said nothing and been put into Ravenclaw, would she have friends?
Lucas Montez
Lucas Montez

Number of posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:40 pm

Sophia walked into the Leaky Cauldron and saw Danny plaing one of her favorite songs she smiled happily at him annd went to the find a table in front of the stage. Sophia laid down her written song notebook that had her newest songs 'believe in me' she wrote about herself and waht has been going on in her life and 'here we go again' she wrote wrote about her and Danny.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:55 am

Danny was too preoccupied with playing the guitar too notice the new people that had arrived.

Might as well jump. Jump!
Go ahead, jump.
Go ahead, jump. Jump!

After that verse, he played the guitar solo flawlessy then heard the keyboard player go insane with the notes playing. That guy was good. It was almost over now.

Go ahead, jump.
Get it and jump. Jump!
Go ahead, jump
Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!

On the final 'jump' Danny pulled the final note with the distorter pedal activated. It may a low pitch sound with that last note and the crowd cheered. Nice first performance he thought to himself. He was about to play another song until he saw Sophia in the background. He instantly set his guitar near the back of the stage and quickly fast walked over towards her. "Hey soph!" he smiled
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:03 am

Sophia looked up from her written songs notebook and smiled when she seen it was Danny. "Oh hey Danny love, nice two songs the first one was my favorite."said Sophia softly. "I just gotten finished writing a new song in my notebook, it' s not that good though."said Sophia softly. Everyone told Sophia she had a beautiful and her her vocals were just amazing but he nevered believed them.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:10 am

"Oh really?" he asked hoping that he did not screw up on some of the riffs. "And you wrote some songs? That's awesome!" he saw her notebook and wondered if that was where she put them down. "Well you should sing it sometime. I would love to hear it!"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:24 am

Matt walked up to Danny and picked up another guitar. Can I try something? he asked picking up a pick. He plugged the guitar in and started tuning the guitar....Its a very good song...

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:28 am

[GASP! You appeared out of thin air!]

Danny turned to see Matt standing there was a guitar in his hands. Where did he come from anyway? He looked at him then said "Uh sure," he said wondering if he was only here to spy on him and Sophia
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm

OoC:I'm the bartender....I'm in every thread in here rofl

Alright, brace yourself your about to get blown away!! he said grinning. He put the strap over his shoulder and grinned. He finished tuning the guitar then checked the amp. He took the pick out of his teeth and began to sing and play.

Lyrics

Hoping I can run today and get away faster
Than ever from here
Another night and who can say if leaving is better
Than living in fear

Here's to all the broken hearts tonight
Here's to all the "fall-a-parts" tonight
Here's to every girl and boy who lost their joy
They let it get away

You know it's never too late
Get up and start all over again
There's got to be a better way
Don't settle for the cold and rain
It's not too late to start again
Find a way to smile and never let it get away!

It's been too long and we've been down and out without laughter
No smiling just tears
We're tired of falling down and being such a disaster
We've been here for years

Here's to all the broken hearts tonight
Here's to all the "fall-a-parts" tonight
Here's to every girl and boy who lost their joy
They let it get away

Get up and start all over again
Don't settle for the cold and rain
It's not too late to start again
Find a way to smile and never let it get away!

I'm gone, I'm gone, there's got to be a better way, I'm gone
I'm gone, I'm gone, there's got to be a better way, I'm gone

(I'm gone, I'm gone)
(I'm gone, I'm gone)
(I'm gone, I'm gone)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Danny listend to Matts performance and thought he was very good. Yet he didn't really like the song choice. He preferred rock and heavy metal but he gave Matt credit. He watched as the audience applauded at the end oof the song and then looked at Matt. He turned to sophia quickly and then said "He's pretty good"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top