Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this??
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this?? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this?? Empty Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this??

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Well, I've just been stalking random threads and I noticed something(s) which is a real pain in the neck to RP with. Mary Sues and Gary Stus (mostly stus). I'm not talking about any particular people but it is VERY annoying to come across them as I'm sure many of y'all know. I don't mean to be a whine or anything but they are terribly boring and irritating and predictable to RP with. They seem to know all the spells, have all the connections, and also have INCREDIBLE foresight. They can stop/block any character's spells and almost every situation has to work out to their advantage. Plus they have a (mega mega maddening) tendency to godmod. And THEN when anyone confronts/attempts to help them get over it the MS/GS offers a totally unrational and unreasonable explanation for their perfectness/advantageous outcome/godmodding.

Like, what the hell people?!

So all I'm saying is this: PLEASE PLEASE IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE KINDA THING YOU'RE CHARRIE DOES DON'T DO IT! I understand that omnipresent, omniscient characters are very appealing as they are unbelievably powerful and perfect but they are actually honestly the most TEDIOUS PREDICTABLE characters ever. And there ARE a few on PA. And they get EXTREMELY frustrating to RP with. Now I'm not criticising anyone in particular but don't get me wrong, I AM criticising. So DON'T DO IT. Anyway, now that that's off my chest, I hope people won't bite my head off.

Neve over and out. /end

Last edited by Jinx Mitternacht on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this?? Empty Re: Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this??

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:06 pm

*Bites Head Off* JK JK
Yeah I've been noticing this....I was one, but still.......There really should be more disciplinary actions...

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this?? Empty Re: Anyone else notice/is annoyed/hates this??

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:15 pm

I am one but thats Ne'Os's plot but i dont always win and my robes can only block basic spells. And i only use the spells i know.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:40 pm

*screams and tries to get head back*
Lol Matt I know you used to be one but i don't think it applies to you so much now. It's more other people. And Ne'Os I'm not going to say anything but I think that although you kinda are one there's others out there who are MUCH worse and need to be contained. I don't mean to offend so don't follow Matt's example and bite my head off XDD but Mary Sues/ Gary Stus make it very easy to hate them. I undertand if there's one or two at most on a site because every site has an irritatingly perfect and impossible to get rid of character but I really agree, there should be more disciplinary actions. I know the admins have lots on there plates already but wouldn't it make life so much easier if they SPREAD THE FLAW LOVE before accepting any of the MS/GS?? It would sure save me a lot of teeth-nashing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:03 am

I was going to leave my opinion, but i don't think i will. not now, anyway.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22653
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:06 am

Lol. Don't be afraid to take a stand against the horrendous RPing crimes committed by MS/GS Khaat! Or were you going to encourage them??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:34 am

WEll I honestly dont want to say anything since everyone has a MS/GS moment. I sure as hell know I've had my times where I was a GS but it's not like people do it all the time. Might as well let some people have their spotlights every once in a while.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:35 am

yes like my unending one Razz
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:49 am

Lol guys I REALLY don't mean to be evil and I totally agree Danny and lol Ne'Os and now I feel like a monster so if anyone can then if it'd be possible I'd like to delete this thread just simply because it doesn't seem like such a good idea now and I think people are going to take it the wrong way and get offended which is not what I intended so yah.

Wow, long sentence XDD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:51 am

Okay Ill move to pensieve
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top