Meeting the Headmaster - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting the Headmaster - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting the Headmaster

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting the Headmaster - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting the Headmaster

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 am

"I accept" Khaat said, glad for the challenge," But I do think the aurors could be helpful to me. Do you think they would work with me? I have no idea what the source of their ineffectiveness is, but if that could be mediated, they might be very helpful indeed. I do remember how aurors in the past have been instrumental in such critical tasks . Perhaps if the aurors met with me, we could learn how to be more effective--together. I think we have to make one of our goals to find this camp and eliminate it. Our first goal, though, has to be protecting our students and staff, of course. How do I meet your aurors? Do they have some sort of a gathering scheduled--either formally or informally? And--is this a meeting you would find some benefit in attending as well?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22832
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:15 am

Kingsley frowned, obviously Khaat did not exactly know what was going on. "The aurors we are talking about are Vincent Majere and Jack Blackheart. The latter is currently on leave. You can meet with them if you like, but I would not advise telling them anything about hogwarts or anything secret at all," he said. "We cannot trust the ministry. The current minister is not interested in Hogwarts benefits and wants to interfere. Therefore, I have reason to believe that the aurors are spies. However, I do suggest you get to know these two better. We must remember to 'keep our friends close, but our enemies closer'."
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:18 am

"Ah, well, then! That does change things entirely! As I told you, I am finding my self imposed exile to Cornwall to be of little benefit. It did not help me to learn to cope with my uncle's murder on ounce more. And, yes, even under the circumstances as they were, I do see it as murder. I doubt he would have seen such an event that way, but I do. His life was stolen from him. I'm sorry, that's murder.

"And, my isolation kept me completely uninformed in ways that were critical--but I didn't want to hear it then. And it kept me from making an impact where I could have--not even to make the world a better place for my own benefit, let alone for anyone else. In short, it was a lot of wasted years.

"Yes, I certainly will make use of any ability I might have to keep my 'enemies closer', but if I am to be as effective at protecting students as I want to be, I need to find a way to be able to apparate on school grounds. I need to be able to get to them immediately if they need help. How do I get around Hogwarts protective enchantments to be able to protect it and its students? I know it can be done because as the case record goes, Headmaster Dumbledore apparated out of Hogwarts when Cornelius Fudge attempted to arrest him and send him to Azkaban. Therefore, I know there is precident that demonstrates it is possible. So--how do I do it as well? "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Kingsley had known Lupin well, he had been one of his last friends. He had died during the battle of hogwarts. Kingsley had managed to survive, but he did miss Remus Lupin, he had been a smart young lad. His death had indeed been a murder, from bellatrix lestrange [I think]. He had now been avenged though.

"Well Khaat, I am afraid I cannot do that..." Kingsley said, frowning. "Only the headmaster has the ability to apparate directly from the castle. If I lift the enchantment from one person, I could make a big mistake, and directly remove the encantment completely. I could of course life the enchantment from a particular room, but the Death Eaters might find that out eventually, so that won't work. I suggest you merely apparate to or from Hogsmeade, it might be dangerous, but that is what most of the other professors do when they need to apparate from or to the castle."
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:46 am

"Hmmm...," Khaat frowned at yet another obstacle. "Well, I see I shall have to be creative. Are there any other magical powers not permitted on school grounds? I don't seem to remember any more restrictions than that, but I need to be certain. And I presume a magical creature or two might not be unwelcome, depending on the beast itself?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:47 pm

"Magical beasts? Which ones exactly?" Kingsley asked, confused. "As for other stuff, well electric things by muggles don't work at Hogwarts due to magical energy. And of course, we have certain enchantments to prevent muggles from being able to see the campus. Also, we have enchantments to prevent evil magic from being used in Hogwarts, however, the enchantment doesn't seem to work."
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Well, the creature I need the most is my eagle, Archangel. I've been checking around to see what is required to bring him into this area of England. He serves as my owl, my companion, and, if need be, my protector." Then she added quietly, "My family's heritage causes me often to have times alone, whether invited or not. Archangel has oftentimes been my best and only friend. And I miss him."

(OOC--I have applied to have Archangel as my magical creature, but I haven't heard back yet. Just FYI.)
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top