Meeting the Headmaster
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting the Headmaster Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting the Headmaster

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting the Headmaster Empty Meeting the Headmaster

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Khaat wanted to thank Headmaster Shacklebolt face to face for allowing her to substitute teach. Not everybody would be willing to take on a Lupin to staff after her uncle's legacy here. Everyone seemed to run when they merely heard she was Remus's niece. This man, Khaat thought, was either wise enough to be unbiased or he was crazy. And she didn't know which. She had heard he could be eccentric, but she had no direct knowledge of her own. She did her best to bolster her courage, checked her appearance, and knocked on the door. Just as she did, a soft eerie green glow appeared from the stone in her necklace. Khaat sighed, now stressed. 'What a time for this thing to misbehave!' she thought. She didn't see a werewolf in sight, and had not heard that Shacklebolt was one either, but every so often, it would give off what she believed were false alarms. Unfortunately, this was not the best time for it. What if Shacklebolt had a bad temper?

Gryffindor Banner
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22790
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Meeting the Headmaster Empty Re: Meeting the Headmaster

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Shacklebolt was essentric and crazy, yes, but perhaps thats just what people thought. After all, if someone was different, they would be deemed crazy, evne if they were smart. Shacklebolt, in reality, was smart and wise. Unbiased and loyal. He was currently speaking with a portrait, when he heard a knock and jumped. Looking towards the door, Shacklebolt frowned, then said "Come on in."
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 am

"Good morning, Headmaster," Khaat said, going in and closing the door. " I'm Khaat Lupin. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve at Hogwarts. I am grateful that you gave me a chance to serve. That doesn't happen often to a Lupin. We typically have to serve in more underground capacities, despite what we might have to offer. I thank you. I have just been dropping by to introduce myself to the professors so that if there is anything I can do to serve Hogwarts, above and beyond, I want you to know I am at your service. I've--been gone a long time, and I have some making up to do, to make things right with someone I love...loved....Anyway, I just wanted to make myself available for whatever Hogwarts might need."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 am

It was the substitute professor who he had appointed a while ago. She seemed to be doing her job well, so it didn't matter that she was a werewolf or not. Even if she was, they had a lot of them in the castle now, they were no longer uncommon. "It is nothing," he said, though pleased with the compliments. "Currently professor Lupin, there is nothing I need. However, I will inform you soon if there is. Hogwarts is in a lot of trouble these days, and we need to keep focused. Oh, and yes, I have heard that you have a job at the Ministry?" he inquired. It could be quite useful.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:23 am

Khaat smiled slightly," As I recall, Voldemort and his followers always seemed to have Hogwarts in their sights anyway, even if you only look at it from a historical perspective. Headmaster, to tell you the full truth, I've been away a lot of years, but I have felt a mysterious pull back to taking up my uncle's fight for justice. And I've also felt a hugely strongmysterious pull back to Hogwarts. I'm not sure what it means, or what I'm being drawn back here for, but it's too strong to deny any longer. Someone or something wants me to be here, and I don't know why. Maybe to help protect the school from some of this ever increasing darkness. I don't know.

"And as to the ministry question, yes. I am part of the Wizengamot now. I was compelled to renew my committment to the Order of the Phoenix, and that, for some other unknown reason, compelled me to join the Wizengamot. I don't know if this has anything to do with my seer abilities or not. But I'm supposed to be in both places. I know that probably does not make much sense, but I offer Hogwarts any Defense Against the Dark Arts skills that I have--I know you know that's my chief specialty--especially if those skills are needed for more than classroom purposes. I hope I am mistaken, but if things in the wizarding world continue on this ill-fated path, you may need some wizards and witches who are willing to do whatever it takes to help protect this school and its staff and students.

"If I am to be effective, I could use some direction from you. Would it be of any advantage for me to actually sit in on some of the classes so I can get to know some of the staff and students who are here right now? Or do you perhaps have some other suggestions to help me make full use of my potential here?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:40 am

"Hmm, your a seer? Interesting," Shacklebolt said impressed. Seers were always useful with their predictions, though they could often be wrong. "You should meet Professor Tiquelle, also a seer. Anyways, I believe that your seer abilities are making you see an unclear vision of Hogwarts future and as a former student, you are compelled to make sure you defend it!" he said, nodding wisely. "The same could be said for you joining the Wizengamot, the ministry has been increasingly agressive nowadays, and we must keep an eye on them. Therefore, you could be a useful spy if you are up to the job..." Shacklebolt offered, cautiously. He wasn't sure how loyal she was to the ministry, but it didn't look like it. Other lupins had been disciminated by the ministry for being werewolves.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:55 pm

"then," she said carefully, "Let us lay our proverbial cards on the table, shall we? My first loyalty is and will always be to those things which my Uncle Remus was committed to his whole life. He believed those things were worth dying for, and that's good enough for me. My purpose is in making sure his dreams and wishes for a better world have not died with him. Whatever that takes. Now--how can I help protect Hogwarts from any lingering desires that Voldemort's clan has on it and its staff and students?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:28 am

The Headmaster was quite surprised to see that Khaat had referred to Voldemort by his name directly, many didn't. In fact, it was rare to find a wizard who did. "The Death Eaters are currently not our main enemy," he informed her, sure she would be surprised. "They are too weak to carry out an attack against us. However, it is possible they could be involved in some small mishappenings around the castle, you can take care of that if you like, though the other teachers seem to have it under control." Well that wasn't completely true, but Shacklebolt didn't want to seem incompetent. "The Death Eaters might possible be trying to kidnap some students, so you can try to make sure they are all safe.." he suggested. An important job it was.

[sorry for delay]
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 am

(no problem)

"That, Headmaster,"Khaat smiled, "seems worthy of my uncle's legacy. Something he himself would have committed his energies to. I would welcome the chance to stop that sort of nonsense. That sort of balderdash is, at least partly, outright terrorism for the propaganda of the dark art's order. And I won't tolerate it's growth. I suppose, as the muggles say, 'I have a bone to pick' with them. I'll take that challenge--gladly. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:33 am

"Thank you Lupin, I hope you live up to the job as well," Kingsley said. "So I have reason to believe that the death Eaters might have a camp deep inside the forbidden forest. This is obviously a big concern. Since I can't search all the forest, aurors usually patrol the boundaries of the forest. Lately they haven't been living up to my expectations, so you can take over there jobs, if you want to that is." he suggested. Khaat seemed to be eager to help, most of the teachers at Hogwarts werent so helpful.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum