Marco's Domicile... (invitation only)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marco's Domicile... (invitation only) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marco's Domicile... (invitation only)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marco's Domicile... (invitation only) Empty Marco's Domicile... (invitation only)

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:51 pm

A castle proper, set in the hilly glens of Ireland...obscured by ancient growths of trees and foliage. Since his father's death, Marco doesn't visit often, but after receiving an interesting letter he feels a need to return home where the events detailed in the letter may make more sense.

A gloomy evening, the sun is setting behind storm clouds, perfectly reflecting Marco's mood. He arrives by apparition to stand before massive oaken doors, a quick incantaion and the doors open wide revealing the gloom of the interior. As Marco enters lanterns flare into light of their own accord, charmed centuries ago to perform their function without need of butlers or scullery maids. He notices several of these household charms go into effect as fires kindle and objects long in disuse jump into attentive action.

His cloak rustles as he enters and he does not bother to latch the doors, a visitor is expected tonight, best to make them feel welcome...
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Marco's Domicile... (invitation only) Empty Re: Marco's Domicile... (invitation only)

Post by Sean Wilson Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Varod walked up and knocked on the door, opening it quickly, not wanting to be seen. He was dressed in a black hat, black shirt, black shoes, and black pants.
"Hello? Marco Dubhbraon? I need to speak to you-about your mother."

OOC: XD This should get fun, I haven't had an NPC for awhile.
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1896

http://thehunt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Marco's Domicile... (invitation only) Empty Re: Marco's Domicile... (invitation only)

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Marco whirled around on the newcomer... he was definately a vampire... it rolled off him in waves. Every fiber of his body wanted to slay this boy, but it was not his fate tonight. "So you sent me this message?" he asked pulling the parchment from his cloak and holding it out; the photograph was just visible beneath the written words.

Marco's eyes were hard gems of black flint, glinting in the torchlight as he fought to control his urge to kill. His need to gain information was more important tonight.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:01 pm

"Yes," Varod said, voice above a whisper. "I'm supposing you think that you should kill me because I'm a vampire? And that I'm trying to lure you into a false sense of security? Heh, I understand, I must admit...you're one of Christy's friends, I'd hazard a guess. But, that's not why I'm here. How much do you know about your mother? And, I take it that you offer me a place to sit and a beverage?"
He sat down in a chair and leaned back.
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Marco was taken aback by the vampire's apparent ease and comfort; the unusual acceptance with which he acted. "I would never be said to withhold hospitality from any guest to whom I have invited. Although you shall have to make do with wine, or hard drinks. I have only just arrived myself, and I am afraid I am woefully under preapred to offer full accoutrement to any guest as such... farbeit for me to offer a beverage you would desire at any course." his last words were spoken with a smirk curving his lips and his eyes sparkling mirthfully at his unveiled joking.

He was more than considerate, and would offer a customary drink to his guest, but he would never be in a position to offer blood, even if he deigned to gain acceptance. His guest was important, he had information Marco wanted very badly, but he would not compromise his own stringent rules for anything.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:27 pm

"Heh, I'm good with wine, thanks. Quit with the vamp jokes, because you're about you regret them! Ms. Dubhbraon!" Varod called towards the door, and a woman dressed in black came in with long dark hair and clearly a vampire, and was quite beautiful.
"This is your mother."
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Marco stepped forward to the wall alcove whic was a hidden bar and poured a thin long stemmed glass of crystal full of rich red wine. His back was to his guest, and he heard his quip to end with joking, and arched an eyebrow when the youth made a joke of his own, Ms. Dubhbraon indeed.

Marco stepped to his guest's chair holding the glass out and froze as his eyes met with the form hovering just inside the door. Not a joke, a command.

He didn't need the rhetorical invocation that it was his mother. He instantly jolted back in time and became his five year old self watching his mother hover inside the very frame where she stood now. She was preparing to go for a walk, as she was often want to do in the afternoon. The smashing of crystal on the hard stone floor brought him crashing back to reality. He reparoed the goblet and held it in his hand as he looked at the mess of wine as it streaked across the pale stone like blood.

He had to force himself to look at her form again. She was exactly as he remembered her, but there were differences. Her green eyes weren't the color of the Irish Glenn anymore.. and her beautiful hair was somehow different, glossy in the torchlight and straight where it had always curled. But her skin told the tale moreso than any other nuance of her appearance. Pale and thin, veins revealed through it as never in life. There was no rosy glow of life on her cheeks.

"No, This woman may bear the body of her, but she is not my Mother." he denied vehemently.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Marco's mother walked toward him, smiling.
"Hello, my son," she said sweetly.
"Yeah, this is your mom. "You wanted info, you got it."
"Marco, sweety?"
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Marco heard the voice of all his fondest childhood memories calling his name. He looked at the pair of them wondering what game they were playing. Information... what information did this one want in return.

"So my "Mother" lives as a creature of the night? Whay joy do you get out of this? What is your part in this happy occasion?" he asked through thin lips, a mouth set in a firm straight line.

There had to be a catch, even now the soul of who he was rose up within him, reviled at the sight of she who brought him into this world as she was now. Anger flared again red hot, did his father know this? He rued that the man was dead and he could not ask personally. So he would settle for learning as much as he could. Where had she been, why had she only now returned, what meaning did it have? He was suspicious by nature, this event had his defenses at full alert.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:02 am

"My part?" Varod asked, then thought about it. "Before I knew you were in with Christy, I was doing it to help you, now, however, I want dirt on the COL. Cough it up."
"Marco..." Ms. Dubhbraon said softly. "I didn't want this...I...was abducted...then when I escaped I came across a vampire in a pub, who lured me into a room and...and..." Tears rolled down her cheeks.
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top