Battle - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Battle - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Battle

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Battle - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Well, Soph was thinking of letting Emmy get kidnapped and then matt would go and fight her. We could do something like Matt can't go cause he's not a student and he's held back and the Order HQ? But he goes anyway Razz

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:41 pm

Arthur could and would fight for Mariana if she gets kidnapped, while Wilson woul do the same for Arthur.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:45 pm

Matt could get Jess to remember he marred Mariana before he left while she gets kidnapped mabye while fighting for Emmy. Then Matt and Jess could go on a double rescue mission?

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:16 am

If Mariana gets kidnapped, you will not be able to keep Arthur from tagging along and doing everything he can to save her :-D And, if Arthur is there, Wilson will be there for extra protection :-)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:39 am

Ok, can someone explain to me how you know all this Allura? If you're Lucius' "keeper" then how come you're in the Order? Also, we're getting too nitpicky. Back in the good ol' days we could just RP and have no consequences, we just wanted to have a good RP and you people who analyse everything to within an inch of anything, then tell us we can't do anything.
If you wanna survey everything like this in a logical way, students can only be in one class at a time, they can only go for an hour, a year is a year, people in school can't be in the order and leave the school to RP outside of it.

It's an RP forum, of course nothing's gonna work exactly as it should, and rules of life are going to be broken. So perhaps we could all lay off it a little bit? Perhaps we could just RP, if that's not pushing any boundaries
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:40 pm

You can go check my characters. I RP as Selwyn, Lyra, Lucius and Allura. There's no rule I can't have a character in The Order just because I have a couple of Death Eaters.

Look, I'm just used to RPing on forums where things make sense. I know you all just wanna have fun; I want to have fun too. But I want to have fun in the Harry Potter world, which for me means not ignoring the rules of the setting.

I wouldn't get on my other account and invade Grimmauld Place, because I know there's a fidelus charm on it, too. I know I'd have to get around the charm. But I also know that in Deathly Hallows, one of the Death Eaters was accidentally brought to Grimmauld Place when Hermione apparated there, so the charm can be breached.

The logical thing to do is to capture a Death Eater or stalk a Death Eater and grab on to them when they apparate, or to have someone go undercover and make friends with Narcissa since she's the secret keeper and she has the power to invite you in. Which would be even easier, since there's nobody playing Narcissa at the moment.

I don't object to the Order invading Malfoy Manor; I object to the fact that I thought ahead, did the smart thing and had my character put protections around it, which have now been rendered useless because "nothing's gonna work exactly as it should". The whole point of RPing is that there's a time line and your character has to interact with other characters. If you want to dictate how the entire world works so that you won't have to worry about setting up support threads that will make your plot line believable, then go write some fanfic. Or go set up a board exclusively for magical battles, because that seems to be your main aim here.

Just in case you need to know, I've written three threads in the lead up to the Death Eaters' next move. And there will be a lot more to come before we get down to work and actually hurt anyone, because if I just rush in and act like the rules of the universe don't apply, I feel like I'm ripping off every other person playing on this board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:41 pm

I have to say I am with Jess on the good old Rping. But no matter the veiws I think a battle would be fun right now.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:48 am

Jess has a point! What happedn to that. I just got a little glimpse of it before some other people I am not naming any kinda ruined it Sad

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top