Lesson One - Basic Level - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson One - Basic Level - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson One - Basic Level

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson One - Basic Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Lesson One - Basic Level

Post by James William Wilson Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:33 pm

''No, I will not give it back. You will receive it after detention finishes, which, you ought to remember, must not be today'', Wilson replied shortly.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Izzy gave small hiss of annoyance. No way is that going to happen. She got up from her seat, walked up to the front of the class where the desk was, and said 'Accio Mr plonker's wand.' The wand flew to her hand and she used it to unlock the desk drawer with a silent 'Alohamora.' Izzy then grabbed her wand, replaced it with the professor's, and relocked the drawer. She went to the door and turned just before exiting the room. 'Dont' worry Mr plonker, I'll be back for the detention.' Then she opened the door and skipped out of the room, banging it shut behind her. She had had enough of that rubbish.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:24 pm

''Oh, we will not allow that, will we? I do apologise'', said Wilson to the class as he exited it.

As he exited he still caught Izzy. ''Levicorpus'', he said pointing his wand at her. As she flew up he put his wand back. ''Accio wand'', he said, grabbing her wand once again. He then returned her back on her feet with a flick of his hand and returned to the classroom. ''Colloportus'', he said locking the door.

''Bloody nuisance of a child. I do apologise, one more time. Mr. Slither, your turn'', he said, putting her wand again in the drawer. He then levitated the drawer. ''Ducklifors'', he said with a laugh. The drawer turned into a duck. ''Petrificus Totalus'', he said freezing the duck. He then put it on top of a cupboard. ''It has been a very long time since I used that spell. Now, Mr. Slither'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:29 am

"Uh, oh yeah!" Garulia said. "How muggles look on nature and wildlife...well, many of them look at it in different ways. Like, some think it should be sport and kill it all, others use it for resources, there's too many different outlooks to list. Can you be more specific?"
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 869
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:41 pm

((Godmodding is not allowed on this site so I'm allowed the choice whether the spell hits Izzy or not. So really, your post should have ended here:))

James William Wilson wrote:''Oh, we will not allow that, will we? I do apologise'', said Wilson to the class as he exited it.

As he exited he still caught Izzy. ''Levicorpus'', he said pointing his wand at her.

Izzy dodged the spell and sent another one back at him. 'Depulso!' Then she ran all the way to the Hufflepuff girl's dormitory, clutching her wand tightly the whole time. She was safe there, she knew. She also knew she had a psychotic middle-aged man as a Muggle Studies Teacher.

((End for me Smile ))
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 am

(Actually, she could not have avoided it because she was turned backwards and he did not yell. She had to be hit, but nevertheless. I think we should return back to the classroom situation... Izzy is a student and Wilson is a professor, and a great wizard, which means that she cannot take his wand and do all the things she did in such a way, not allowing someone like Wilson to utter any sign of defense. Therefore, I propose that we return to the classroom situation and settle this there. This really is getting weird. So, what do you say?)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:36 am

((Okay, I'm starting back from here))

James William Wilson wrote:''No, I will not give it back. You will receive it after detention finishes, which, you ought to remember, must not be today'', Wilson replied shortly.

Izzy shrugged nonchalantly. To anyone watching she would have looked completely calm, but inside she was seething. How dare the professor take her wand! Since when are professors allowed to do that?! Izzy kicked the table leg repeatedly, dreaming up ways she could get him back for it. Because she was going to get him back for it.

((When are you going to start the detention thread?))
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:04 am

(In a few minutes, just to finish your lesson. This an easy introductory lesson and all of you have answered your questions. It will be posted here.)

''That will be fine Mr. Slither, 10 points for Ravenclaw. Now, to finish this short introductory lesson of ours. A Muggle is a person who is born into a non-magical family and is incapable of magic. Most Muggles are not aware that magic exists at all, and that those with it have organized their own society largely separate from the Muggle world. Muggles are not to be confused with Squibs, who also lack magic but are born into magical families and are aware of the wizarding world.

Their way of life is also largely different since they cannot do their usual chores by using Magic, like we can. Since today's lesson is not about Muggles in detail, which we will discuss on class two, I shall only give you an introductory lesson about what Muggle Studies is. It is exactly what the name implies - the study of the daily lives of Muggles and how they cope with not being magical. This class aims specifically to acquaint wizards and witches who do not have direct contact with Muggles with the way they live. It deals in detail with every aspect of their lives, with how they live, how they work, how they cope with nature, their nature in general, their history and culture and the differences between Muggles and Wizards. These fields are very important for understanding Muggles and my O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. students learn about all of these fields in detail. You, as basic levels, only learn some general facts.

Regarding their purpose, well, the subject is by many considered to be stupid and irrational, but those are the people who have prejudice against Muggles. Those people are not welcome in this classroom, nor in the wizarding world if you ask me, and I will punish any kind of negative prejudice against Muggles in my classroom. Learn to accept differences students, because that is the only was you will be able to cope with life''
, he said, finishing the lesson.

He went back to his desk and sat down. ''That is all for today class. You will all receive an O for today's participation, while the ones who did not arrive will get a T. I will also award 10 more points for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. For your homework, 3 paragraphs minimum about Muggles, as a preparation for the next lesson. The Homework is due to MONDAY, OCTOBER 26. Miss Isadora, I will see you on detention today after class. Class dismissed and see you next week.'', Wilson said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top