Lesson One - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson One - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson One - Basic Level

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson One - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson One - Basic Level

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Izzy glared at Professor Wilson when she told her off. He had done the two worst things he could possibly do to her. First, he had called her by her full name, which put him straight on her hit list, and second, he had accused her of having a 'love quarrel'! Since when did being rude mean 'love quarrelling'?!

She grabbed onto her wand before it could fly to the front and stuffed it down the back of her sock. No-one took her wand away from her. Especially not some boring old fogey who probably couldn't remember being young.

'It's MISS IZZY you plonker! You could at least get the first name right if you can't be asked to remember the second one!' Izzy said loudly. She was irritated now. Perhaps if he hadn't used her full name, the ultimate taboo, she would give him another chance, but there was no hope for him now.

'And what's up with asking me the hardest question?! You think I'm too stupid to answer it, don't you? Well I'm not! Muggle Studies is a class at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It is exactly what the name implies - the study of the daily lives of Muggles and how they cope with not being magical. This class aims specifically to acquaint wizards and witches who do not have direct contact with Muggles with the way they live. It is an optional subject, taught from the third year to the seventh. ' She said this all in one breath, and no pauses, having had it drilled into her memory at Beauxbatons. She didn't get sent there to catch up for nothing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Wilson looked at Izzy with a satisfied smile on his face. ''Bravo, Miss Isadora, that will be 10 points for Hufflepuff. Accio wand!'', he said again and took only Izzy's wand now. He put it in the drawer of his desk, locking it with a non-verbal and wandless Colloportus.

''Now, I do apologise, Miss Isadora, for taking your wand but I cannot be sure that you will not try anything stupid. You will receive it after we have finished with the class. Now, the answer was, of course, correct and I really am satisfied with it. Now, regarding your behavior... well, you yourself know that it is not appropriate. You are not stupid, that much is obvious. Since I do have some faith in young people, I will not punish you for now, but you should know that I will not tolerate your behavior forever. You do have a unique style of your own, inside and outside, but a classroom, especially mine, is not a gallery and I will not allow you to show that in a negative way. There exists a universal set of rules for classroom behavior and I shall demand that all of you respect those rules. Oh yes, I almost forgot... I am professor plonker to you, if you wish to use that infantile noun for my description. I will also, parallel to the set of rules, demand of you that you respect me as a teacher and treat me with respect while we are in class. You are not obliged to respect me as a person, nor will I ask that of you, but you have to respect me as a professor. That much I demand. Now, Miss Isadora, unless you have anything to add... politely, we can continue with the lesson. Miss Dawn, I see you are ready. Would you care to share your opinion with the rest?'', he asked looking periodically at Abbey and Izzy.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 am

Abbey nodded and put her hand down. "Well, let's see....everything I know about muggles," she began. "Well, I know that they dress very differently from us, and that they have quite a different lifestyle. They invent things on their own without even using magic!" Abbey marveled. She herself couldn't imagine a life without magic.

"Muggles are basically people, just like witches and wizards, they just don't use magic. They live doing everything on their own." she ended. Abbey hoped that was good enough for Professor Wilson.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:58 am

Izzy smiled triumphiantly but frowned as soon as she realised what he was calling her. 'Didn't I say my name was IZZY? It's not that hard to remember, even for you. And why are you stealing my wand? Can't you go get your own?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:17 am

''Miss Dawn, that is a satisfactory answer. You are correct. There are many differences, but we will learn about them in detail during your future education, mostly during your O.W.L. classes, if you chose to take them. 10 points for Hufflepuff.'', Wilson said.

He then turned to Izzy. ''Why, Miss Isadora, I will either call you by your full first name or by your last name here in class. When we meet outside class, I shall call you Izzy. But, since I do not know last name, Isadora will suffice. You see Miss Dawn there. If I had not known her last name, I would call her Miss Abagail, but I know it, therefore I address her by it. Regarding your wand, I think that I have stated a sufficient explanation. I have my own (taking it out) right here. Yours will be kept in the drawer until class is finished. Then, you will receive it. Therefore, I am not stealing it, just confiscating it for a brief period of time. Now, we have two answers. Mr. Slither, you will not get endless time for your answer, I presume you know that. You have time until Miss Isadora replies. When she does, it is your turn. I am sure she will, as always, have something to tell me after this little speech'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Izzy listened to Wilson, examining her nails and not really paying attention.
'Well, let me tell you something Mr plonker. My name is Izzy. By refusing to call me by the name I have registered myself with, and no doubt it is the name you have in your register, since Izzy is the name my mother always registers me by, you are refusing to respect me as your pupil. I will not, therefore, respect you in return. You may be older, and more experienced, but that is not an excuse for you to disrespect me in any way. And, by not calling me the name I have corrected you with twice, you are blatantly insulting me, both by re-naming me to suit your own desires, and also by not acknowledging my request to be called by the name that I wish to be called by. For this reason I am hereby rechristening you as Mr plonker, and Mr plonker you will remain until you call me Izzy. Of course, when I meet you out of classes I will call you Professor Wilson, but in classes you are Mr plonker from now on.'
Izzy looked up at the professor, waiting to see his reaction. He was probably surprised by her speech, but Izzy could speak posh when she wanted to. Beauxbatons had taught her as much.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:45 pm

''Ah, that Beauxbatons freshness. How I miss that. Miss Isadora, since you have not told me your last name, by which you would be addressed, I do not know which idiot taught Muggle Studies there, or any other subject for that matter, nor do I care, but remember this. Things work differently here, especially in my classroom. You can call me Mister Plonker, I cannot forbid you that, but see here. Not in the classroom. Unlike you, I have the privilege of calling you by your full name, whether you like it or not, during the class, while you do not. I still am professor Wilson, for you and for everyone. I have stated that I do not give detention, never have I given such a punishment, but I am not sure if I will keep that tradition. You are on the border Miss Isadora. Don't push it. The reason why I have not given detentions is because they would be extremely hard and exhausting. Do not push my limits.'', said Wilson calmly. He was not mad nor irritated. He just disliked such freshness, although it would always make his day better. He was always in for a good quarrel.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:48 am

Izzy gave a small smile. She didn't care about detentions. They were a normal part of her day. 'Whatever Mr plonker.' Izzy began to doodle on her table, completely not paying attention to the lesson.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 am

''Yes, you do push your limits, don't you? Well... you will get detention, in what form, I do not know, but I shall see you here after class. Oh and, your wand will be confiscated until detention ends. Therefore, no chocolate parchments or any other magic. I hope you are satisfied with that. Now, I am done with you. Mr. Slither, it is your turn...'', Wilson said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Izzy looked up suddenly. 'Hang on, you can't confiscate my wand. I'm getting a detention already, you can't take my wand too.' She glared at him. 'Give it back.'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top