Journey to and on Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Journey to and on Platform 9 3/4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Journey to and on Platform 9 3/4

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Journey to and on Platform 9 3/4 Empty Journey to and on Platform 9 3/4

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Nick strolled downstair's around seven o'clock to be greeted by his smiling mother and father, seemed they had gotten themselves out of bed to bid him farewell for another year. He stared blankly at them as he entered the kitchen, his mother presented him with some toast which he chewed on before saying "What?" rather more viciously than he had intended. Nick's mum being who she was simply laughed of his rudeness and began to talk about school, had he packed his new books, had he packed enough robes and clothes, had he been to Ollivander's to buy that new wand? He grunted in agreement to all the question's asked then sat down at the table. He had thought that he would have been excited getting of to Hogwarts but in reality he was more than willing to sit at home, the prefect badge he had been awarded also made him feel like he was now on a leash, there would be no more crazy parties way past lights out now....

It didn't take Nick long to get changed and ready to leave. He and his father stepped out of the house with neither of the two speaking. Nick wore a pair of white sneakers, a pair of black denim jeans and a white shirt [unbuttoned at the top]. He sat in the passenger seat of a rented car and allowed his father to take him to King's Cross Train Station.

His father did not bother getting out of the car when they arrived, both had been through this six consecutive years now. He told him that he loved him and that they would write. Nick nodded, grabbed his stuff, then headed off towards the platform. It was so easy to spot the young first years, children were never excited at a train station unless of course they were secretly off to Hogwarts. Nick smirked as he overheard a rather enthusiastic child talking about school houses, what a loser, he would realise Hogwarts was just another school after a few weeks. Detention and moany teachers were in abundance. Coming up towards the wall that was actually the secret gateway to the magical world Nick, unlike many, simply strolled on through without giving it a second thought. By hesitating wizards brought attention to themselves, and there was absolutely no need for a run up.

Nick gazed at the large locomotive before him and coudnt help smiling. This was it, he was returning to the magical world. He reached into his pocket and with a heavy heart pinned the Slytherin Prefect badge to the breast of his white shirt. No more rule breaking, it was going to be a thoroughly mature and boring year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Journey to and on Platform 9 3/4 Empty Re: Journey to and on Platform 9 3/4

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Finally the morning had come. Today was the day she was due to go back to Hogwarts... not that she was that bothered anymore. She ran the hairbrush through her straight blonde hair and readied herself for the train journey. She made sure that her makeup and clothing looked acceptable and not out of the ordinary for her trip to Kings Cross. Fleur had spent the morning checking that her four children had enough clothing to last them and to check they had all of their books. It finally reached 9am when Bill was ready to take them to the station.

When she arrived at the station she got out of the car and smiled to her parents. Bill and Fleur both got out of the car to take their youngest daughter to the train. Dom just walked on in front, she herself had also been doing this for five years now and it got alittle boring, she strolled right through the portal and over to look for her friends and fellow Ravenclaws. As she walked she accidently walked into Nick Valentine. She looked up at him. "Je suis désolée" She said to him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Nick nearly got himself toppled as he strode towards the train when a young, pretty looking girl came charging into the side of him. Being a strong guy he managed to compose himself and ensure that the girl did not fall over with him. Nick had been about to apologise when she spoke French. French?! Again with the French. He had holidayed in France a few week's prior but unfortunately his French hadn't improved. Nick therefor had no clue what her words meant. He spoke calmly "Je suis what? Pardon me but my French is lacking, being Scottish and all." Nick smiled his signature cheeky grin before extending his hand "My name's Nick, you nearly had us both on the floor there. Whats the rush may I ask?"

Nick couldn't remember seeing a prettier face. Perhaps Kay's though they hadn't really spoke since she had left France. He continued to smile as he gazed upon her features. With smooth skin and flowing hair like that she had to have some Veela in her. Nick felt himself being drawn in slightly as time went by.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Dom smiled to him. "I said.. Im sorry." She said and then giggled some. She couldn't belive what a clutz she had been, running right into Nick like that, this was somthing that she never ususally did. "Sorry about the French... I just spent my whole summer with my grandparents... both are fluent French. So I can talk Fluent" she said, smiling again as she explained, he was deffinatley very nice looking. "Its Nice to meet you Nick. I am Dominique Weasley.. but most call me Dom" She said with a smile.

She didn't even know that the Veela in her showed that much, she didn't always try to flirt with every boy she saw but this guy was extra hot. "I think I've seen you in class... Your a Slytherin right?" she asked, vividly remembering him now. She looked down to her shirt and realised that her blouse was rising alittle and she adjusted it so that no skin was being revealed, that was the last thing she needed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:42 pm

Nick had noticed that the little French which was spoken was near perfect, it even had a little bit of an accent on it, though not being from the country he never knew which area it belonged too. Dominique, very foreign sounding, Nick had always had a soft spot for European girl's. When he heard her second name though he was rather suprised, a Weasley? An actual Weasley? He decided not to enquire further, asking people about their familly on a first meeting was kind of creepy. He smiled a little at the thought but was snapped out of his thoughts when she spoke again. Again he was sucked in, so she knew who he was? Suprising Nick thought as a rush of pride filled him up. Nick also felt a little guilty though, not knowing at all who she was when she remembered him. If she had been in one of his classes though she must be in the sixth year. He picked up on her hints and though back.

The more he thought about it the clearer things became. Yes he did have a vague memory of Dominique, he grinned as he remembered complimenting her to one of his Slytherin friends. That was the first day of fifth year was it not? "Yeah Im in Slytherin, a sixth year and if I remember right your in....Hufflepuff....or was it Ravenclaw? You sat down the front I never got to see you much. Yeah I deffinetly remember you now, you were the prettiest girl in class, probably one of the smartest too. How was your summer Dominique?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Doms cheeks turned a light shade of scarlett. "You seem suprised that i'm a Weasley" she said, trying to draw the attention from her already violently blushing face. "Oh and... uhm. My summer was nice. Spent it in Paris" she said. She stood there talking to him as her parents walked past with her siblings, she pretended that she didn't see them. "You glad about coming back for another year?" she asked him, changing subject again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:35 pm

Nick noticed the girl's cheeks turn red, he had that affect on girls, usually. He laughed then replied calmly to the Weasley question "Well yeah I am a little suprised. Your first name and your pretty look's made me think you were foreign, but Weasley is such a Brittish sounding second name. Plus the only Weasley's I know are rumoured to all be red heads, you know the famous one that hung around with Harry Potter?" The man's name escaped Nick at this point, he had always been in his friends shadow, it was a shame for him he figured but thats just what life was like unfortunately. He smiled at her second question "I guess I am and Im not, looking forward to the privilidges this badge will get me though." He pointed towards the serpent entwined P upon his shirt.

"I guess as a prefect I really should help you get your bag's on the train huh?" Nick gathered up his black suitcase and his man bag. It was much heavier this year than last but that was because the books he had were ridiculously big. Nick wasn't a geek but he really couldn't wait to open up those Dark Art books he had bought from Borgin and Burkes. He loved the Dark Arts, probably why the Sorting Hat had put him in Slytherin almost as soon as it touched his head, that and his ability to speak to snakes. Smiling at Dominique he spoke "You looking forward to this year? Ill bet you got some great OWL results, think we will be in the same classes this year? Would be cool to get to know eachother a little better."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Dom smiled. "Yeah that'd be uncle Ron... see my mother is a Veela.. thus inherit the blonde hair... blue eyes.. though I dont understand what people see in me... especially when compared to Zoe and Victoire... they are beautiful" she said, thinking about her sisters some more now. She picked up her blue rucksack and took hold of her trunk handle. "Think we should get on the train?" she asked him sweetly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14 pm

"Oh you are one of the famous Weasley's, I never knew they had Veela's in their familly. Sorry for prying but you sure do look like you have Veela blood." He smiled and stared at her for a moment before nodding "Yes lets get on the train, do you have someone to sit beside? Pretty, smart girl like you must have alot of friend's. Dont suppose you have time to sit with me?" Nick smiled his cheeky grin again. He was a prefect so when the train started moving he would have to patrol the corridors but there was nothing stopping him having a bit of fun before hand was there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 pm

"I do?" she asked him curiously, shed guessed he was refering to her presance around others, it was somewhat different. She smiled to him as they got on the train. "I dont have anyone to sit with as of yet" she said as they got onto the train.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top