Vacation in Japan [James; open]
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Vacation in Japan [James; open] Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Vacation in Japan [James; open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacation in Japan [James; open] Empty Vacation in Japan [James; open]

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Virginia got out of the plane, and into the airport. It looked like she hadn't even left Britain. The airports looked exactly like. Except for the people. She sighed, and noticed that the air was different. It smelled of noodles. The sound was different too. Everyboy, except for the few tourists who had been on the plane with her, was speaking Japanese. Virginia could barely understand any of it. But she had a Japanese handbook just in case someone confronted her.

She walked out of the airport, which was on the top of a hill that rose in the frnt but strightened out when you reached the top. The runway was in the back. Half of what she could see was city and the other half was country. Most of what she could see was flat.

She arrived in the apartment shortly after the cab dropped her off at a sushi bar. She had just done take-out and the workers were very fast. She unpacked, then headed out to a nearby park. She sat down on a bench and trailed her fingers through a fish pond. She wondered if everyone there was a Muggle.

[[OOC: Don't let me scare you. I normally write just 1 para.]]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Vacation in Japan [James; open] Empty Re: Vacation in Japan [James; open]

Post by James Wake Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:51 pm

OOC: Pssh, I'm not lazy.

The park was lively. The city was lively. Ace did not feel lively. He was bored out of his mind. Alchemists were rather lame when it came to entertainment, and Alan was no exception. Ace wondered how his uncle could just sit in an office with a japanese alchemist and talk for four hours. Ace was tired, hungry, and did not know how to get to his apartment. It was not HIS apartment, anyways. Alan was in an office building just right from the park, and Ace had taken it upon himself to enjoy his vacation.

Thus he sat in the park, bored out of his mind. In fact, his mind was wandering back to his home, and the school he'd been registered into. Hogwarts. The epitome of wizardly education. Famous for numerous alumni, like Harry Potter. Ace stiffened at the thought of Harry Potter. His name had been used quite liberally in Germany by the Aurors who killed James' parents.

Ace snapped his head back into attention. His stomach was growling. Out of all the reasons to get up from his nice bench, hunger seemed to be the best excuse. He whipped out a piece of chalk and drew a quick, but neat transmutation circle. He quickly up some sand and placed it on top of the circle. He looked left and right as he quickly pressed both hands on the ends of the circle. Almost instantaneously, the sand transformed into crisp notes, with the yen sign on them. It was a perfect imitation of a 10000 yen-note. No, Ace thought to himself, it IS a 10,000 yen note. Alan had taught him everything about analyzing money, back when he first entered Durmstrang. The best use of alchemy was academic, but in a practical world, it was all in the money. Alchemists were, by virtue of their powers, rich.

Ace now faced a different problem- where would he obtain his meal? He walked along the edge of the lake, seeking anybody with food. Then he saw a girl, about his age, sitting beside the lake, her finger tracing circles in the pond. Ace walked over to her, wondering if she knew any English. "Excuse me," he asked, a bit uncomfortable, "do you know where I can get some GOOD food?"
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Virginia's head snapped up as a boy about her age came up to her and asked about food. She wondered if he was a wizard.

"Hah, I ask myself the same question." she laughed. "Well, the sushi bar I don't know the name of, two blocks down, is Ok. The restraunt right next to it, I hear is great, but I haven't gone to it." she said, smiling shyly.

Virginia's mother had always taught her not to be afraid to ask or say anything. So Virginia made a rather risky descision.

"Erm, I have a question." she whispered. If there was anybody else who heard, she was in trouble. "Does the term 'Muggle' mean anything to you?" she asked, still in a whisper. Her eyes were wide in anticipation, and a little fright. If any other wizards around, she would be busted for asking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:14 am

Oh, she's a witch too? Well, might be fun if I...
"A 'muggle' huh?" he pondered aloud, his eyes circling about to hint his "deep thinking."
"Can't pretend I've never heard the term before. Heard its also pretty rude, and distracting. Something to do with 'muggers' or something. Why do you ask? Mugged recently?"
Ace smiled, and quickly dispelled her doubts.
"Just kidding- i'm a wizard too," he whispered. "I think I'll try the restaurant- I'm not big on eating dead animals," he said aloud, as he sat down by the pond. "Or I'll just eat something when I get home."
The later option did seem like a good idea.
"I'm Ace, by the way," he said, extending his hand. "I'm from London. Who are you?"
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top