Up To No Good ( Davina )
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Up To No Good ( Davina ) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Up To No Good ( Davina )

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Up To No Good ( Davina ) Empty Up To No Good ( Davina )

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Thomas casually walked up to the Astronomy tower. It was late at night and he could not sleep, something that had been a problem for him ever since he became a Death Eater. Of course it was his dream and he did enjoy it, but the fact that he could get caught and go to Azkaban was a big problem for him. He was constantly hiding the Dark Mark on his left forearm and it always seemed to be burning, something he knew was just all in his head. Even though it caused all of these problems, he loved the fact that he was now a Death Eater.

All the times when he dreamed of it when he was younger, now he was a part of them. He almost could not believe it, then he would look down at his arm and see the mark and he would smile. He had finally reached one of his goals. Now he just stared out into the night sky of Hogwarts, wondering what lay ahead for him. He knew he was going to do great things, he knew it. A small smile crept onto his face but quickly vanished when he heard footsteps. He reached into his robes for his wand as they approached.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Up To No Good ( Davina ) Empty Re: Up To No Good ( Davina )

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Davina was walking up to the Astronomy Tower. She wanted a place to be alone, a place to think. The Tower was almost always deserted, so it seemed like a pretty safe option to her. Climbing the many stairs was just one sacrafice she had to make. She got to the top, out of breath. She wasn't the most fit girl ever.

As Davina stepped into the room, she saw someone else. Damn. It wasn't anyone she recognised. She saw he was a Slytherin, probably older than herself. She hoped he wasn't like Black, who was horrible to her. She was annoyed now, she had come up here to be alone. She went and sat against the wall, not sure if the boy noticed her or not. She wasn't going to outrightly introduce herself. She wasn't in the best mood now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Thomas grinned when he noticed her try and hide from him by pushing up against the wall. Figuring she was not a threat, he pocketed his wand and slowly began to walk over to her with a grin on his face. "Sitting against the wall is not the best way to hide from someone, but I will commend you for your efforts." He stopped and leaned against the wall staring down at her. She looked to be younger than him, fifth or sixth year maybe, and she also looked to be in a pretty bad mood.

"So what brings you up here? Going to jump off the tower and end it all? Cause that would be funny."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Davina was annoyed. She wasn't hiding, per say, just trying...not to disturb him. Yes, that was right, she thought. "Yes, my effort. It was so much work sitting there." she retorted sarcastically. She wasn't the best in social situations, but she could argue alright!

Davina assumed he was joking about jumping off, but it still annoyed her. "That would be a complete waste of someone with my potential." she snapped back. She was probably coming off as arrogant, but he was a Slytherin, and Slytherins were known to be arrogant, so he was probably used to arrogant people by now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:42 pm

She was feisty, he gave her that. When people argued back with him it was something special, something rare that most people did not do. For the most part, others thought Slytherin's a waste of time and air, never arguing with them and just letting them swell in their pride until it explodes into a fist fight or a duel, something Thomas considered childish. "Your potential you say?" He grinned broadly and he pushed himself against the wall in front of her and slid down to a seated position in front of her.

"I don't think you are even aware of your potential yet." He spoke calmly and reassuringly, like a man who knew exactly what he was talking about. One had to have confidence in himself if he wanted to inspire confidence in others, it was a general rule of life. "In fact, I would be willing to bet you are not even confident within your own head about your abilities, are you? Sure you can talk tough to me and everyone else, but when you go to sleep at night, it eats away at the back of your brain. Always wondering if you will be good enough. Well I know how to make you good enough."

He would not say more, he had to make the person interested first, play on their weaknesses but build off their strengths. He could get into trouble, lots of trouble, for what he was trying to do, but he did not care. "I am Thomas Tangleton, and you are?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Davina was partly annoyed she had said that now. He was older than her and as he was a Slytherin he was likely to bug her about it now. That was what she assumed, from her previous experiences with Slytherins.

Davina was unsure at first, why was he so sure she wasn't confidant? Her abilities were one of the few things she was confident about, maybe even the only things. "What makes you so sure of that? You have no idea of my potential and besides, you don't know me at all. I know exactly what I can do." she reeled off, getting annoyed at this him. She wondered why he was so interested in her. She was immediately suspicious in him. "Why do you want to make me 'good enough'? Good enough for what?" she questioned him, not being at all subtle. He wasn't, so why should she be?

"I'm Davina. Davina Corrispur." Davina introduced herself. She was curious as to what he wanted. "I'm a Ravenclaw fifth year." she added.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Thomas shrugged his shoulder at her question "I can just tell when someone is not confident, that's all. No need to get upset by it." He was treading in deep water and he had to go about it in a subtle way. Trying to convince someone to join their cause was not an easy task, especially for someone who looked down on it without even knowing about it. Most people saw it as something evil, but in fact it was something great.

"Why wouldn't you want to be good at what you do? Do you not aspire to be the best at what you do or do you just go through life accepting being in last place all the time. No you seem like the person who wants to be in first all the time. "
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Davina had to stop herself from rolling her eyes at Thomas. "Yes, I talk about my potential yet you think I'm not confident in my abilities. Wow." she replied. She wondered if he was trying to make her feel less confident. That wasn't going to work though, she wouldn't let a Slytherin damage her confidence.

Davina was a Ravenclaw. She was surprised he didn't stereotype her into the clever, shy but annoying catagory. "Of course I want to be the best. I will be the best." she agreed with him, unsure as to where this was going. She was determined to get the best OWL results in her year. She was GOING to. She spent so much time revising that she was bound to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Good, she was hungry to be the best, which was something Thomas was not sure about. That kind of lust for power was what created most dark wizards. "Wanting to be the best and being the best are two different things. I can see that you want it, but I do not think you have it yet. It being power. The ability to do things with a wand that your mind never would have been able to conceive without our help." Thomas then decided he was going to have to take a risk. She would either like his next comment or be pushed away by it.

"Stop playing the angry confident girl roll for a few seconds. Be for real with me instead of putting on a show. Sitting there pretending to be all mighty will get you nowhere in life. With me, I can help you become powerful. I can teach you things you never would have learned without me." He stared into her eyes, trying to get her to listen to him. He wished he was powerful enough to use magic to bend her to his will, but doing that on Hogwarts grounds would not turn out good at all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:52 pm

[[OOC: Ok, so, I'm thinking Davina is too strong-minded to be swayed so quickly. Idea: Davina's father is killed by the Order (accidentally of course), she finds out through a letter. Tom is nice to her/helps her get revenge/something along those lines, she ends up becoming a DE. Although she may die in the Battle of Hogwarts, who knows?]]

Davina was getting annoyed. He didn't think she was capable. He didn't know her but he was already judging her. She was often judged, but usually as being geeky, not uncapable! This infuriated her. It was one thing she was sure about and Tom was trying to take that away from her! She wasn't having any of it. "They are two different things, but why don't you think I'm capable?" she asked, longing to know the real reason. "And who's 'us'?" she added, picking up on his language. Nothing slipped by her.

"You think I'm putting on a show? You don't think this is who I am? You just assume I'm the normal teenage girl who cares about boys and clothes. I'm different, I care about learning and I am who I want to be. I don't put on shows." Davina went on, getting really agitated. Why was this boy trying to change how she was acting? "What type of things...?" she asked, curiously.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top