A Birth day - Page 33
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 33 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 33 of 55 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 44 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 33 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm

"Well, the bleeding isn't soaking through the dressing, so I suppose that's a good thing," Angus said. "The pain potion is keeping the pain under control, but I really don't know how much pain I'd have without it."

"Considerable," Robert replied. "What I gave you is a blended formula that reduces bleeding, reduces pain and inflammation, and also works to try to calm the body's autonomic adrenalin responses, and to reduce symptoms of traumatic shock that the injury itself causes. I don't think you should interpret it that this potion is intended to keep you on your feet because it isn't. Anyone who was in their right mind would be taking it easy because the potion would be slowing them down significantly. You just are stubborn as hell and don't intend to stop if you can push yourself to your feet."

"Says the man whose wife is ready to have a full-on argument with you," Angus said. "You have very little room to talk, Robert."

"We're not talking about me," Robert said. "I am not a medical anomaly like you are. Anyway, there is a daytime version that doesn't have a sleep potion blended with it. And I'm going to be giving him a night time version that, because it's combined with all the other medicines, will almost certainly guarantee him some sound sleep. So, at this point, I want to be checking the dressing about every twelve hours or so, and making sure he gets the daytime potion at meals and the night time potion right before bed. And I'll have him icing the wound to help slow the bleeding, if it seems like it wants to keep bleeding. For now, that's the treatment plan."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 pm

Jess listened and made a note of what Robert said noting that making that potion would be beneficial for the hospital. " would you be able to right down the parts so we can make it if needed?" she asked Robert as she glanced at Angus shoulder as he finished dressing it. She listened to Angus and nodded again writing down what he had said about how he was feeling with the potion. " good to know there's no adverse reactions " she said and chuckled but paused when she heard Robert talking again about a treatment plan and she nodded " I can have one of the nurses come every day and give him his potion , or is Ruby adept at giving you it when needed?" she asked

Ruby finished the run and took a long deep breath in and let it out slowly " now that was a run , and I feel so much better, still want to lay my mom out flat though, but that can wait, getting Angus back up and using that arm at Roberts instruction is more important." she said doing her cool down exercises
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4208

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 pm

"Unless he gets weaker, Angus is able to take the potion himself. If he needs help, though, he has Ruby and Marcus and Edward and Simone if he needs them," Robert said. 

"I do try to take it myself, but sometimes people here like being helpful," Angus told her. "It makes them feel less helpless in an otherwise pretty darned helpless situation, so it all just sort of works itself out. I mean, we all understand how long this has gone on now and how many different corners of the globe Suzanne tries to drag us all to just so she can take another potshot at me. Ruby and Marcus are out on a run right now to get a chance to burn off their frustration, so sometimes I just go along with what they need because i know they care and they need to have an opportunity to do something positive."

"I think that's a wise way of coping and of helping your family cope," Robert said. 

"Donohue!" Tom's voice shouted suddenly through the floo. Angus sighed and rolled his eyes. Tom Gelding was the last one Angus wanted to talk to.

"If you have anything to say, Tom, you can say it to me," Robert said, going over to the floo.

"I want my son, Lupin. Let him go," Tom demanded.

"Your son was a fool for following Suzanne's instructions, and now he's facing execution in two countries. If we don't execute him, France will..."

"He's just a boy, Lupin!..."

"No! No, Tom, he's not. He's a legal adult, and he committed some very serious crimes today...."

"You can do any bloody thing you want, and we both know it!" Tom shouted. Angus heard the babies starting to cry upstairs. Angus rolled his eyes. He knew Tom's bellowing had startled them, but at the moment, he was afraid to go upstairs--afraid that Tom would pull something shifty, and he felt he really needed to be here for another moment or so.

"You are seriously deluded, Tom," Robert laughed. "My best advice is to hire him a good attorney in England and one in France because Elliot is going to need it." Robert clicked off the floo in a hurry. He looked at Angus. "I think we need to lock your floo down tonight so you can get some rest. Tom's desperate. If he's going to bellow at anyone, he can bellow at me, not you."

"If Tom is desperate, then so is Suzanne," Angus said. "I dont know if we dare lock down my floo even for one night."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 pm

Jess listened and nodded she agree with Roberts words about what he was doing was good for the family, hearing Tom's voce bellow threw the floo she also heard the babies crying she motioned with her head that she would take care of them and headed up to the nursery. Taking Caprice she changed her and Dimond into clean diapers and outfits she stayed in the nursery as she heard Toms voice bellowing around the house, once it was quiet she picked up both girls and carried them downstairs to the play pen. " all clean and quiet, guess they don't like Tom as much as we don't" she said and chuckled as Caprice blew a razzberry at his name.

Ruby walked back to the duplex and stopped hearing Toms voice she wanted to go in but hearing Robert she stayed outside "I might say something I'll regret if I go inside." she told Marcus walking to the fae garden instead to watch them flit around working and cooking tiny lights lit the area and she smiled loving the soft feel it gave off.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 pm

"I feel the same way, but I need to get back inside," Marcus told her. He went in, and he heard Robert and Angus debating on closing the floo for the night.

"One night isn't going to hurt, Angus," Marcus told him. "This household has a lot more kids in it than the main house does, and everyone here needs a bit of a break from the chaos. I think closing all the floos, but perhaps one of Edward's, in case Evan needs something, is a wise choice just for tonight. If Tom is desperate enough, he'll find a way to get Robert's attention. Elliot isn't going to be executed overnight, so it won't hurt him to let him sit in a cell overnight. You haven't even closed your eyes for a moment since this happened this morning."

"Busy," Angus said.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm only saying a good night's sleep would do us all some good," Marcus said. Robert flicked his wand at the floo and locked it. Then he went upstairs and locked the floo in the master bedroom and went over to Edward's side and talked with Edward about locking their floos too, all but one--the one in Edward's tower because it was farthest away from Angus. 

"Alright, I think we have it under control for now. I'm tired. I'm going home," Robert said. "If you need anything, you let me know straight away. I'll send Pip to you since your floo is shut. You have a perch for him here?"

"Yeah. There's one in the closet," Marcus said. "I'll get it out for him."

"Thank you. Have a peaceful evening, you all," Robert said, leaving and heading for the main building.

"Thanks for your help, Jess," Angus said. "The babies just generally don't like bellowing. Our house is frequently loud, but not with yelling. Not normally, anyway."

"Why don't you have a shirt?" Marcus asked Angus.

"Because they were busy gawking at my pecs," Angus teased. 

"Oh lordy," Marcus teased. "That's what I like about you. You're humble."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:05 am

Jess sat with the babies and when Robert locked the floo's and walked to Edwards she saw Marcus walk back in and she chuckled and stayed with the babies . Hearing Angus thank her she shrugged " no problems" she said simply " there good babies" she added tickling Caprice to make her laugh then doing the some to Dimond then watching Robert leave " I'll head home too as I see Ruby coming from the Fae garden.

Ruby waved to Minos as she stood up and headed to the duplex. walking in she saw the babies in the play pen and she chuckled " I'm guessing the bellowing I heard woke them?" she asked and saw Jess nod as she passed her by headed to the main house. "She walked over to Angus " you okay?" she asked him smirking as Marcus mentioned he was shirtless " well I like him that way" she said chuckling " but I have to agree with Marcus, you really should put a shirt on." she said accioing one from the clean washing pile " here, clean and still warm from the drier too" she added handing it to Marcus " I have to finish supper" she said heading to the kitchen.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:12 am

"Thanks," Angus said. "Supper's done. I finished it while you were out jogging. We just need to serve it. And since Victor will be home any time now, I think we could serve it any time now."

"I'm not as good at it as Ginger is, but if I have to do one more paragraph on pygmy puffs, I think I'm going to turn into one," Anise said. "I meant to ask you, but things went nuts. Could I either borrow your camera, Ruby, or could you go with me to take some pictures of some of Kate's unusual colored pygmy puffs to put with my paper? One hatched today that has so many colors, Kate said it's psychadelic. She says she's keeping it. I'm sure no one at Beauxbaton's has seen a puff in that many colors."

"Does Ginger have to do a paper on puffs too?" Angus asked.

"Nah. She got off easy. She has to do one on fairies, so she's been talking to the fairies and she's got barrels of information. I get miniature fuzzy vacuum cleaners to write about."

"Yes, but Ginger won't have pictures of psychadelic fairies, I'm positive," Angus said. She rolled her eyes at him and went to help Ruby set the table and put the supper on the table.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:19 am

Ruby chuckled and nodded " oh thank you" she said putting her head into the kitchen and seeing it ready to set out. Taking two trays she set them on the table smiling as Anise helped her get the table ready. " thanks Anise, there's a pitcher of apple and pear juice in the fridge if you want to get that too for those who want a drink with supper" she said placing down the last item of food " okay I think were done." she said hearing Anise ask about her camera she nodded and accioed it to her, handing it to her she smiled " just give it back once your done , or keep it " she said smiling as she placed it in her hand " it has magic film and will not run out, its why I got it" she said with a chuckle as she turned and snapped a pic of Angus shirtless, " oh best shot of the day" she said and chuckled.

Aria in Paris opened the door to the room , well suit she had been given carrying her bags she set it down on a couch and looked around the bed room first she knew she had a long time a head of her. Lucian opened an adjoin door and chuckled " you seen the bathrooms that shower put mine at home to shame, wonder where Brian is?" he said chuckling as he saw a third door.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 am

Brian was indeed already in Paris, He had unpacked quickly, and, to fend off any homesickness, he had put a small photo of Abbey and one of Khaat on the nightstand by his bed. Then he had gone downstairs to the hotel lobby and ordered himself a room service supper of a French bacon and onion tart, and a slice of a honey and fig galette, with a cup of espresso for his supper. Then, while he was waiting on room service, he had gone out and gone to a news stand near the Ministry of Magic and had gotten a stack of wizarding newspapers, wanting to be able to study the papers to see what the public was being told. He had also sent out messages to Owens and Irene to see what the organization could tell him about any new movements in the Gelding household since the incident at the ministry earlier. That put him arriving back in his room just in time to pay the concierge for delivering his meal. Then he settled into the chair in his room to eat and read. 

"Thanks, Ruby. I'll get it back to you as soon as I'm done with it. I'll go over right after supper and I'll come right back," Anise told her.

"Where'r you going?" Sam asked, coming down from upstairs.

"To the barn to get some pictures of some of the weird colored pygmy puffs for my paper," Anise told Sam.

"Cool. I'll go with you when you go," Sam said.

Victor came through the door, feeling extra tired today

"You look like a horse that's been run a few too many miles," Marcus told him.

"Well, yeah, but I had a job that needed doing," Victor said. "I finished my regular chores early, so I went up to the longhouses and gave them a good cleaning since the pack is out of them for now. I washed all the bedding and folded it and put it away, cleaned the mattresses, the floors, the kitchen, the bathrooms, the storeroom, and then, I honestly did take a slight shortcut with the windows and set a cleaning spell on those. But it did look a good deal better when I left it."

"The window washing spell, in my opinion, is a fine thing to use when the longhouses aren't going to be used for months anyway. Sounds like a job well done," Angus told him. "Jack will be surprised and pleased, I think. I don't think that was on his list to get to for at least another few days. Good job. Why don't you go shower off all that dirt and get some clean clothes before you eat?"

"I have time?"

"It won't take you long. Take the time," Angus said. Victor nodded and headed upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 am

Ruby chuckled and nodded " that's fine" she said a little worried about Anise being out on her own but when Sam offered to go with her she relaxed knowing he would protect her . Seeing Victor walk in looking tired she smiled "Angus is right there's time for you to shower" she said smiling " go one" she said chuckling. Making two plates she took them over to Marcus and Angus. " here you go" she said placing Angus down on his knee on top of a cloth to stop any heat burning him. " enjoy guys" she said returning to the table with the babies she had picked up along the way.

Aria looked out the window and chuckled " he's outside coming back so I'd check his room in about ten mantes " she told Lucian who nodded as he placed a photo of his two kids and his wife next to the bed. It was the same one Aria noticed that had been on his desk at the ministry when she first met him.

Okay let go find Brian and find our assignments, guessing yours is interviewing and assessing the employees , not sure what mine it though, hope its the same." he aid walking over to Brian's room and knocking .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 55 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 44 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top