A Birth day - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 4 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:54 pm

It took a couple hours, but Fiona sent a reply.

"Hi, Ruby. I will certainly as Robert about whether he would approve a trip for Asia to come there, but since she would be coming there, I presume he might approve such a trip. It would be nice if she could spend her 18th birthday there, since Robert and Kate are her guardians. I just sent him a note a couple days ago because she has excelled through all her classwork here and is eligible for graduation at any time. I think she'd really like to graduate early so she can start her healer's classes. She'll have to have a place where she can do some apprentice work anyway, and Robert did think she might fit in somehow at St. Mungo's. None of that has been arranged, though, yet. I think she'd enjoy coming, but I haven't mentioned it yet to her, so it'll be a little surprise. I'll send another note to Robert, and I'm sure one of us will get back to you. Fiona."

As the afternoon went on, wonderful aromas began growing from Edward's side. It actually woke Marcus, and he got up and showered and shaved and refreshed himself. He came downstairs, his stomach growling. He went over to Edward's and came back.

"We're in for a treat. Genuine Tuscan chicken cacciatore over a four cheese polenta, with a tossed salad, and an amaretto cheesecake. I think Rosaria is going to spoil us. She says it'll be ready in another hour or so. I'd better wake Angus soon so he doesn't miss out," Marcus told them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:01 pm

Ruby caught and opened the note and rad it smiling as she did then took pen and responded " that's will be wonderful , Jess Darkheart is living here and she works at St Mungo's, I can talk to her about giving Asia a tour of the hospital on one of her shifts, I'll also ask Robert too and get his approval too, just so he knows we're both on the same page, I hope all the children are well with you and enjoying themselves, Caprice is growing every day and she said hr first word, and wouldn't you know it was Dada, please don't mention anything to Angus as I would love for it to be a surprise for him too, Ruby." she sealed it again and sent it back before she smiled seeing Marcus walk down to the living room.

"morning" Aria said softly " he's sleeping, hasn't moved since you left " she said seeing him head to Edward's side of the duplex and chuckled softly as she turned another page of her book.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4775

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:19 pm

"Well, the fatigue was going to catch up with him sooner or later," Marcus said. He went to the kitchen and made a batch of espresso in the larger size espresso pot and he poured one for himself and one for Angus in two small espresso mugs that Kate had made for Angus and Ruby. Then he added a small piece of lemon peel and stirred in only a tiny amount of sugar in each mug.

"I don't know if either of you drink espresso, but I know Angus and I do. There should be at least two or three more cups full out there. There are some little 2 ounce espresso mugs in the cabinet that should be just right. There are some extra pieces of lemon peel for them if you want them. I left them in a little pinch bowl on the counter," he told them. He went over and woke Angus and offered him a cup of the fresh espresso.

"Espresso. What a great idea," Angus yawned. "Thank you." He tasted it. "And its perfect. Where'd you learn how to make espresso like that?"

"Bulgaria, believe it or not," Marcus laughed.

"What am I smelling?"

"Rosaria's making chicken cacciatore. And there's amaretto cheesecake for dessert."

"I'm going to gain ten pounds this week," Angus said.

"I'll run it off you when you can get back to the running track," Marcus teased. As he was speaking the boys came home from helping to muck out stalls in the barn.

"Well, so much for wonderful smells," Angus said.

"We know, we know. We're heading for the showers. Can we take the girls to a muggle movie tonight?" Sam asked.

"Can I count on none of you using magic in the muggle neighborhoods?" Angus asked.

"Yeah, we know. We'll be careful," Victor said.

"I dont have any trouble with it. Ruby? The boys are adults now, after all," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:25 pm

Aria chuckled and smelt the coffee as Ruby stood up watching Marcus make it " oh please , sweet caffeine " Aria said chuckling as Ruby picked up two cups and brought it over to her Taking it Aria thanked Ruby who just smiled and sat down. " I agree with Angus this is perfect" she said smiling then paused smelling Victor and Sam entering the building.

" I have no problem what so ever." she said and smiled " well just one thing.. both of you please shower" she said and waved her hand in front of her face " I don't think ea. de horse manure is the in scent this year" she said with a chuckle send down your clothing and I'll get it washed for tomorrow while your out" she added chuckling.

Aria chuckled too and nodded " yeah you reek" she said as she sipped her coffee looking to Ruby they both burst out laughing but at the mention of what as being cooked Aria smiled " those sound delicious , well everything Rosaria makes is totally delicious,"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:40 pm

The boys went up to shower and change.

"I hope she does know I expect her and Carlo to eat at the table with the rest of us tonight," Angus said.

"Well, about that. Apparently, they're going to be eating at Michael's tonight. Edward took Rosaria to hte main house to get some chickens, and she and Michael got talking about chicken cacciatore. So, they challenged each other to a chicken cacciatore cook-off. They're going to be eating Michaels' over at the main house. We're going to be eating Rosaria's. Michael is coming to get them, and he's taking them to Hogsmeade so they can share their recipes. As I understand it, they may be staying the night there, and apparently so will Daniella."

"I'm sure they'll have a wonderful evening then. They don't get much of a chance to socialize," Angus said.

The girls came upstairs in jeans, warm pullover sweaters, sneakers, and warm puffer jackets. Anise's coat was red, and Ginger's was teal. The boys were in jeans, and sweaters, with sneakers. Sam's jacket was blue, and Victor's was black. They were all dressed warmly because apparating to London would be cold tonight.

"We're out. Don't wait up," Sam called as they were heading out the door.

"Oh, no you don't," Angus called. "You two are adults. They're not. You be home by curfew or don't go."

"Oh. Yeah. Forgot. Sorry, Dad. Okay. By curfew. Bye," Sam said, and the door shut behind him.

"I have a quid in my pocket that says I have to go get them after curfew," Angus sighed.

"If that happens, I'll go," Marcus laughed. "No worries."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:49 pm

Ruby heard Angus talk about the cook-off and smiled " its good there making friends." she said " and cooking" she added Aria nodded as she heard the girls come up the stairs.

" looking good girls" she said smiling as the boys returned " smelling good guys" she added and chuckled as she listened to Angus " and that's eleven guys" she called after them " at least I think its eleven?" she looked to Angus then to Ruby.

Ruby chuckled and watched them head out to their movie " they know what time it is Aria " she said and looked down at the play pen as both babies looked up at her. " they will be back" she told them and they giggled. Ruby looked at Marcus " thank you but I'm hoping they will return before the curfew, because they will be grounded if they don't"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:07 am

"Well, the guys tried to tell me I couldn't ground them anymore since they were legally adults, and I nipped that damned fast," Angus replied.

"Give them the 'As-long-as-you-live-under-my-roof' lecture, did you?" Marcus laughed.

"Damned straight, I did," Angus nodded.

"Well, I think they know better than to push you," Marcus said.

Rosaria and Carlo came over bringing supper for them, with a tureen full of cacciatore, one of 4 cheese polenta, and an entire amaretto cheesecake. Rosaria came over to check on him, and Angus told her he was fine, and he thanked her for what he knew was going to be a fabulous supper. She brushed him off, and Angus told her about Michael's enchanted house. That excited her and Carlo, and they were looking forward with making friends with all his enchanted items. They hurried back over to Edward's to get ready to leave.

"I'll fix you a plate, Angus," Marcus said. "Shall we open a bottle of wine?"

"Sure. Why don't you pick a nice red? I know they say white with chicken, but I like red with cacciatore," Angus said.

"Consider it done," Marcus said, heading to get a bottle of wine.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:13 am

Ruby chuckled and nodded " he sure did" she said as Aria chuckled along with her. Seeing Rosaria Ruby smiled and thanked her for the food but had to chuckle seeing her eagerness to visit Michaels cottage " hope she liked foot stools and hat racks.

"I'll do that, oh has to be red" she said and looked to Marcus as she watched as he moved to fetch a bottle of wine, " smells wonderful" she said gently and slightly lifting the lid to smell the smell coming from it. Taking four plates she dished up the food and carried two over , one for Angus one for Marcus then she returned to make a plate for herself and Ruby who smiled taking her plate from Aria .

"thank you Aria" Ruby said as she accioed several glasses for the wine to have with the food.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:26 am

Marcus chose a very classical chianti to go with the cacciatore, and, of course, it was one from Edward's vineyard. He hadn't had Edward's chianti, but when he opened it and smelled it, he believed he would most likely like it a lot. He poured the wine and gave everyone a glass.

"Oh, that really is very nice. Edward clearly knows what the best qualities of a chianti are. I could have a new favorite red wine," Marcus said, as he took a sip of his own wine and smiled.

"He will be glad to hear you like it," Angus said. "The chianti was the first one he ever produced, and he was damned picky with the blend until he got it just the way he wanted it. The chianti sells out every year."

"I can see why," Marcus said. "We should have wine more often."

"Edward usually has wine nightly in Tuscany," Angus said. "Not sure why we don't here. We have the wine, after all."

"Well, we could start. There's no reason why we couldn't."

"You have a wine cellar in your new place?"

"Not yet but there's gonna be," Marcus laughed. "And, I know you'll be just across the pond but you and Ruby have to be our first overnight guests."

"Sounds like fun," Angus said.

"Speaking of fun, when was the last time that you went to a good muggle movie?"

"Aside from going over to the theater at the main house? I don't even remember," Angus said.

"Well, then, maybe, when you can be on your feet again, we need to. The four of us could go to supper and then a good movie. Or maybe a concert in London."

"We could," Angus said. "I've always wanted to go see something at the Royal Albert Hall."

"Well, I'll try to get a list of what their upcoming productions are, and we can take a look at it. How does that sound to you girls?" Marcus asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:36 am

Ruby took a sip of the wine in her glass and smiled " this is fantastic" she said smiling as Aria sipped her own quietly when the guys spoke of seeing a movie both looked at Marcus and smiled " sounds perfect since we've not gone on a first date yet" Aria said with a chuckle as she placed down her glass and ate the cacciatore, that sat in front of her as she glanced at Marcus " oh Royal Albert Hall sound perfect, do they just do music or do they host operas too?" she asked .

Ruby picked up Caprice and Dimond placing them in their high chairs as he placed some of the liquid with some bread on it for them to eat once she had made sure it was cool enough for them, Caprice tucked in but Dimond didn't start till she began to eat. " yes sounds perfect" she said and smiled to Angus " I think maybe we should have a glass of wine with supper each night, but not too many" she said sipping her red wine.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top