A Birth day - Page 18
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 18 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 18 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:05 pm

"I could only hope that this ends the ball early," Michael said. Michael was hoping that the gallons of green slime put an end to the ball, but he wasn't that fortunate. An auror that looked remarkably like Lucian cast a spell to move the water from the decorative fountain across the street out of the fountain and down on those who had been sprayed with the slime, rinsing them clean. Aurors then started casting spells to restore people's clothing to its previously dry condition."That boy is too far away for me to see, but if that really is Lucian, I'm going to beat him senseless next time I see him," Michael said dryly.

Robert ordered Rita to be taken to St. Mungos for the necessary care to finish ridding her of the jinx and putting her back to rights. With Rita now gone. The press started to descend on Angus and Ruby since Angus had wrangled Rita, but it was attention that Angus certainly wanted no part of. Khaat saw the way this was going to go, and she purposely drew the attention back to herself and offered to pay for a round of drinks for everyone there and asked the band to start the dancing, and then, of course, everyone completely forgot about Angus and Ruby.

"I owe her many thanks," Angus sighed, relieved. "I'll be the golden boy until someone analyzes that quill."

"Well done," Kate said softly into Angus's ear from behind. "Oh, and in case you were wondering, Michael switched the quills back. What the public doesn't know wont hurt them."

"Or me," Angus replied. "Thanks, Kate. I was a trifle concerned."

"Me too," she replied, "but Michael had your back the entire time. You're good. How's your energy holding out?"

"I'm fine for the moment," Angus said.

"Why don't you and Ruby dance just a chorus or two, just to be able to enjoy a minute or two of it? Not a whole song, just a part of one?" she suggested to Angus.

"I don't think I could do a whole one, but maybe part of one," Angus told Ruby. "If you want to."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:12 pm

Aria looked to where Michael was looking and shook her head " no too thin and hairs too light" she said " but I can see why you thought it was " besides Lucian hates Rita too" she said with a chuckle. As she watched the man move to the back of the ball room.

Ruby chuckled as Kate told Angus they ahs switched the quills. Then she mentioned about dancing " only if your up to it, I don't want to exhaust you" she said and tapped her bracelet and checked the time , we're good for a little bit longer" she said setting down her glass and waiting to see if he could stand, but taking the initiative she stood up as David helped Angus to stand. " one slow one won't harm" she said with a smile " it will be our first " she smiled at him.

Aria looked over and saw Ruby stand with Angus " looks like their going to dance" she said glancing at Marcus before looking back but slowly to take in the new arrangement of the room and people.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4775

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:28 pm

Marcus was watching everyone, especially those who were coming within range of Khaat. He noticed immediately when Angus and Ruby got up to dance.

"Is that safe for him?" Marcus asked her.

"If the potion doesn't end before the music does," Khaat replied. "And if he doesn't do more than one or part of one. I didnt know he danced."

"Yeah, he does," Marcus said. "According to what he's told me, your father had some of the first stringers learn to dance in case they had to do one of these black tie things."

"Now, that I can believe," Khaat said. "That sounds exactly like something he'd do."

"Yeah, that's what I thought too. At least Angus is picking a slow song."

"Don't go farther than the edge of the dance floor in case you get tired quickly," David told them.

"I hope David's on it," Michael told Aria, "in case he falls flat on his face. Suppose I need to wander over that direction in case he gets overly tired?"

Angus led Ruby out to the dance floor. He certainly was aware there was a lot he didn't get a chance to do because of the work he chose.

"I guess I didn't realize we've not danced before. We didn't dance at Edward's wedding? How did we miss that?" he asked.

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:33 pm

Aria smiled and nodded as she looked over to Angus and Ruby " he is I just saw him say something to Angus." she said then looked at him " well why don't we dance, I know you do" she said " that way we can stay close to Angus and Ruby" she looked at Michael " I haven't danced since my younger days" she said and chuckled " my mom made us take lessons, why I do not know" she added and stood up smoothing down her dress as she looked at him " besides why come to a ball and not dance?" she said with a grin.

Ruby nodded to David " we will and I'm keeping an eye on the time he has left , don't worry" she said smiling as she led him to the edge of the dance floor and placed her hand in his allowing him to lead.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:47 pm

"Good idea," Michael said. "And you're right. Dancing does seem to be completely within our job descriptions tonight, doesn't it? Shall we?" He stood and offered her his hand and led her to the center of the dance floor. He did not want to hover over Angus, so he believed that if they stayed at least at the center of the room, they might be able to ward off any problems. He glanced to find Robert and found that the few determined members of the press who still wanted an interview were busy harping on Robert. "Good. Keeps him sharp. His loss is my gain. He loses out on the dancing, and I'm going to take full advantage of it."

Angus stepped easily into the dancing. Waltzing was one of the things that Minerva Mcgonegal had insisted the students all learn for the Yule Balls. And it was one Angus had managed to remember. He actually had learned a few dances, and, he also remembered his fencing instructor telling him that he should learn to dance because it would help with fluidity and flexibility. Now, as a dad, Angus didn't get the time to go out like he used to, and that had dramatically decreased his opportunities for dancing.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:54 pm

Aria took Michaels hand and moved with him to the canter of the dance floor. She chuckled and nodded " yes, let them watch us for a change, might give them something else to talk about. " she said matching his steps as she began to dance with him flowing around the dance floor matching Michaels moves as her dress flowed around her as she moved and the jewellery glinting in the light of the ball room.

Ruby moved with Angus matching his steps and smiled " you dance like a professional" she said softly to him as they moved. She chuckled as they passed Michael and Aria who were moving a bit quicker than they were but were just as enjoying them selves too. " looks like Aria got a dance, just not with the man she hoped" she said moving to place one of her hands on Angus's shoulder again.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:08 pm

"That would be Minerva McGonegal's teaching," Angus laughed. "She insisted we not embarrass the school name with crappy waltzing. That was the year we hosted the Goblet of Fire. You're a good dancer yourself. If we don't end up with another 200 kids, we might get to do this again before we retire--maybe." When Ruby said Aria got to dance but not with Marcus, Angus smiled. "I don't think she'll end up disappointed with the dancing because Michael is an excellent dancer. He is sharply aware that when he's out with Daniella, his job is to make her look good."

Angus made it through about half of the dance, and as much as he didn't want to stop, he was getting a feeling that he needed to not push it much farther.

"Let's go back, shall we?" he asked, stepping out of step in order to move back. As he and Ruby got back towards the chairs, he looked at David. "I'm hungry. Do they have anything besides drinks?"

"Certainly," David said. "Tea, Coffee, Punch, Tea sandwiches, cakes, and some candies, I think. Shall Ruby and I stroll over to the refreshment table and fix a couple plates? Ruby, are you hungry? Care to come along?"

"Or, at some point, maybe we can leave this ball and go out and actually get real food," Angus laughed. "Depending on how hungry you are."

"Real food? Are you thinking this is artificial food or something?" David asked.

"This is snack food. I was talking about a real restaurant with a table and a waiter and a menu," Angus said. David laughed.

"Okay. I get it now," David said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:31 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and chuckled " well that didn't change" she said and smiled as he spoke of Aria " oh , she's loving dancing with him by the looks of it" she said . When Angus suggested they head back to sit down she nodded not objecting at all " but I do agree about the ball, not the 200 kids" she said as they both sat back down. As Angus mentioned food her stomach rumbled and she chuckled

"well that tells all" she said " I think real food sounds perfect" she said smiling at him as she then looked to David with a nod " it would be great to be just us, our first date" she said and chuckled." Ruby watched as Michael and Aria moved together on the dance floor " she's keeping up with him" she said " so what the name of that restaurant?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:59 pm

"For us? Not far," Angus told her. He gave David the name of a steakhouse he wanted to try, and David nodded.

"You have excellent taste," David said. "I know it, and I can get you there. Shall we?"

"Please," Angus said. Angus motioned to Michael and sent a slight hand signal to him. Michael nodded slightly once. Message received.

"I'll support Angus on his bad side if you take hold on his good side, Ruby, and we'll get there in just a quick moment," David said. He flicked his wand, and they landed on the sidewalk outside of one of the most expensive steakhouses in London. It was all decorated inside with expensive dark wood paneling, leather seats, linen table clothes, crystal wine glasses, the whole old-school steakhouse atmosphere. When they went inside and attempted to approach the matre'd, the matre'd did attempt to give Angus the brush off because Angus hadn't made a reservation. Angus scribbled a very quick note and sent it fluttering as a paper bird back to the kitchen.

It wasn't one minute before a man in chef whites came out of the kitchen and up to the entrance to the reservation desk, and when he saw Angus, he greeted his with a broad smile, pointed to the sling, and then gently wrapped him in a friendly embrace.

"It's about time you made it here!" the man said.

"Ruby, this is Tom Lawrence, he's the chef and owner. He and I went through culinary school together. He always said he wanted to own a little place. Well, this is his little place," Angus told Ruby. "Tom, this is Ruby. She's my fiancee."

"Pleasure to meet you, Ruby," Tom said. "So, you'd like a table, finally? We can certainly do that. Come with me." He led them through the restaurant to what clearly was one of the best tables in the house.

"Thank you," Angus said, as David pulled out the chair for Ruby.

"Do not get up without me, and I'll give you some privacy so long as its safe," David told Angus quietly in his ear. Angus nodded, and David left to go the short distance to the bar where he could sit and have a drink and keep an eye out.

"So what would you like?" Tom asked them. "Or can I send you a tasting--compliments of the house?"

"What do you think?" Angus asked Ruby. "A tasting would give us small portions of several of his best dishes, including appetizers, sides, entrees and dessert. Or would you rather look at the menu?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:09 am

Ruby heard David and nodded as she moved to Angus side and held on to him as David ported them out side a nice looking restaurant " wow it looks perfect." she said as together they walked inside she heard the maître d become snippy she looked at Angus who she saw write a note and send it flying into what she took to be the kitchen. Looking at the maître d with a frown.

After a moment she saw man come from the kitchen dressed in chefs whites and a large smile on his face as he went right to Angus and gave him a gentle hug. Ruby smiled as Angus explained who he was and she took his hand " pleasure to meet you" she said smiling back at him " well then, the food will be divine, knowing how wonderful Angus cooks." she said as they were lead to a table in a really good spot , passing the maître D she chuckled.

Retching the table she made sure Angus was sat and heard David talk " thank you David|" she said and looked at her bracelet " nearly time for you to take your next dose" she said then heard him mention a tasting and smiled. " well a tasting would give me a chance to decide on what I'd like , but then again a good steak is always a good option, and I am that hungry." she said and smiled to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top