A Birth day - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 3 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:14 am

Aria and Jack listened to Archer and let him take the box and head to the house with a smile. Aria heard Marcus and looked at him " I do a complete job, not a half assed one, thats a yep" she said with a smirk " hes sending over three men to keep an eye on the place, three are around Hugos and the others .." she motioned with her eyes to the building opasite Archers to see small siloetts on the roof.

Jack moved to stand with Marcus and Aria " I think theres one in the bush too" he added softly as Jessie moved to join them too.

"you thinking of finding a job the boy can do?" Jessie asked Marcus " maybe Owens can help him, give him a good job." Jack nodded and took hold of Jessie coat

"we should head back and let the others know whats happening" Jack said Aria nodded her head and took hold of Marcus arm.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4198

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:21 am

"Yeah," Marcus said. "He's right. For an uneducated lad who's already down on his luck, he can make more money on the streets, but it's a damned short lifespan doing that. No matter where I connect him, he's going to have to work hard, but it won't get him killed either. I don't know that I can help Hugo much until he wants help. Can we all agree on one little thing, though? Can we agree we're not going to head straight back to the duplex? I need to update Robert so he can decide how we break this to Angus so he doesnt go dashing off to go ballistic on Suzanne tonight? Can you all give me just about five minutes before you head there, please? Even if you all head to the main house with me."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22669
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:26 am

Jack listened to Marcus and nodded as did Jessie. Aria made note to send a note to Owens to ask if he ahd any jobs the boy could do long term. " sure no worries don't need ether of them geting into a situation tonight" Jack said and Jessie nodded next to him.

"I have to get Yu to get Chris from the duplex where we left him" Jessie added as Jack ported him and Jessie back to the duplex. Jessie let go and headed to his own cabin to find Yu while Jack headed to the barn to finish his cleaning and feeding of the animals. Aria watched them go and chuckled.

"Well they will keep busy." she said " just you and I to the main house" she added as she looked up at him " I promise what ever you say goes" she said with a sly side smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:38 am

"I think, in this case, whatever Robert says goes, don't you?" Marcus said. "By the way, Jack seemed to think the reason I sent you was because I thought it was going to be too dangerous for you." He laughed. "He clearly doesn't know you very well. You weren't afraid of two fifteen-year-olds. I told him that the reason I sent you was that you had the most experience for the task. We needed six teams and some shoppers, and you have the most experience, of the three of us, in putting together a team and getting it moving. I told him you didn't need me to protect you. Not sure he believed me, but I said I sent you because you were the best one for the job. Flat out. Not that I can't be chivalrous, but that had nothing to do with it." He flashed her a smile. "Let's go see Robert." He walked with her to the main house and went in.

Michael was in the kitchen and he was helping Nicky finish the prep for supper. He was putting together some sort of salad while Nicky worked on some chicken dish.

"Is Robert awake?" Marcus asked.

"He is. He's in the basement with Nigel, watching some American football down in the theater," Michael said, pointing to the basement stairs.

"Didn't know he liked American football," Marcus said.

"Oh, yes, indeed. He says it is a particularly aggressive little game, and he likes it quite a lot," Michae said. "This is a replay of some game that was actually played last night. Don't ruin it for him because he has avoided all day looking up the score."

"I won't say a word," Marcus laughed. He led the way downstairs to the theater.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:44 am

Aria listened to Marcus and laughed " well he dosn't know me then and I know why you sent me away and I know you can be chivalrous when needed." she said chukaling as she walked with Marcus inside the main house as they looked for Robert meeting Nigel in the mean time who told them he was down in the movie room watching a game. " I didn't know he liked american football ether" she said to Marcus as they headed down to it. Pushing open the door she let Marcus enter first.

She stood and watched the game some what puzzled at it but saying nothing about it " you know this looks like european rugby?" she said confused as she watched the men run down a football feild on the screen in front of her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:05 am

"I knew you'd know better," Marcus laughed. When she said that American football looked like rugby, Marcus nodded.

Very much so," Marcus said. "But rugby has never been a popular thing in the states for some reason. You would think it would be, but no." They walked up to where Nigel and Robert were both shouting at the screen for someone to 'Get 'em, get 'em get 'em!" Then a pile of about eight guys all tackled one guy at the far end of the field.

"Oh, for crying out loud," Robert groaned.

"They don't block worth a damn," Nigel sighed. "Their defense sucks." He noticed Marcus and Aria and he elbowed Robert. "Oh, hey. They're back." Robert put the game on pause.

"It's about time. How'd it go?" Robert said.

"We got the lads that knocked you down the stairs," Marcus said, sitting on the arm of one of the empty theater chairs. "Two fifteen year olds."

"Yeah. I got the names already Littletree and Plumstone," Robert said.

"Yeah. They're on ice tonight at home with their families, and they're under surveillance, thanks to Aria's good work."

"Well done," Robert told her. "Who were they working for?"

"Well, that's the rub. They were put up to it by a woman. I showed them a photo of Suzanne and they positively ID'd her as the woman who hired them."

"Well, shit," Robert sighed. "Of course it was her."

"And, the haul they got wasn't enough. She wants about double that, and the boys are supposed to meet her tomorrow night at midnight at a coffeeshop in Puddlemere to turn over the new lot of them and get their pay."

"And what's your plan?"

"I'm planning on asking the potionsmaster there to give me a lot of them to pass on to her, and I'm going to get the boys out of it. Then I plan to find out where she's setting up shop at and why."

"Well, I think I can help you with where," Robert said. "Irene says there is an old section of the Paris subway tunnel system that hasn't been used in years and years. Muggles completely abandoned it because it wasn't structurally safe, and they weren't willing to repair it. She says there's been movement from some of the dark wizards in the section and it seems to have gone through some repairs and some charms to seal it off from the muggles. I'd say your lab is going there."

"Well, well. I'll have to pay it a visit. is tomorrow soon enough?"

"Don't bother. I have our intel squad checking it out. I'll let you know. So, you need me to prepare a package, don't you?"

"Can you?"

"Oh, definitely. Just don't let the kids muck with it. It'll have a surprise or two of its own," Robert said.

"And there's one more matter to discuss tonight, then."

"Which is?"

"Angus. How to we put him on ice?"

"I'll have Michael have a word with him. I have a couple ideas, but let's let it sit til after supper, shall we? I'll have Michael go over and have a word. In the meantime, it's job well done for all of you. And the boys?"

"I'll talk to you about them after I see how they deal with Suzanne tomorrow night," Marcus said.

"Fair enough. Right now, I'd say you two should enjoy your evening. You've had a long day. Oh, and congratulations on your house. Brian's breaking ground tomorrow on the enlarging of the farm pond. We've got a few decent days weather wise coming, so he'll have that done in the next week. That will clear the way for you to hire a crew to start breaking ground for the foundation and the cellars for you house and its outbuildings in a couple weeks or so."

"Thank you," Marcus said.

"It's a good house. You got a good deal," Robert said. "Should last you a long time."

"I hope so," Marcus said. "Thanks, Robert."

"Go enjoy your evening, you two. You deserve it," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:13 am

Aria chuckled softly eharing the men shouting at the screen she listened to Marcus and nodded as he said it was not populer in america " hum can see why" she said watching one man run the length of a feild. Hearing Marcus talk to Robert she moved to a small table and pored a glass of fire whisky for Robert and handed it to him smiling " you'll need this" she said and watched as Marcus told him who was behind the thefts at St Mungos.

When he spoke of an abandoned pais subway she nodded " whould that be the Champ de Mars, its been closed since 1939, so Im told" she said as she listened to them continue to talk about the place Suzzane was making into her own potions lab, then she smile when Robert spoke of ground breaking for the cottage reminding her it would not be long that Marcus and herself would have a place of their own on the grounds. " yeah He did" She said implying Marcus got the deal and she didn't do anything.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:39 am

"Thank you," he told Aria. "If this team loses one more game, I might need more than one drink." He listened to her mention the section of subway. "I think it's in that area, but not exactly the section you're thinking of. There's a small part of the line that was actually designed, in its day to be a side track for maintenance of the carriages, but it was heavily damaged during the blitz in the late 30's, and this section caved in. So, Irene says that the dark wizards seem to have shored up that little section and they have a charm similar to the brick wall of the Leaky to let wizards in and out of it. She wasn't sure what they were using it for. I think they took a play from Rob Dent's old playbook, and they're setting up some sort of illegals lab. Why, I don't know."

"And why do they particularly need your potions?" Nigel asked.

"Well, I sort of think they are doing one of two things. They're either copying my potions formulas or something far more dark," Robert said.

"Such as?" Nigel asked. "I'm curious now."

"I think she intends to get these two little fools on her payroll and she intends to keep them nicking potions from us."

"So she can sell your potions?"

"No. I think she's going to use the lab to taint my potions, flood them back into St. Mungos or into the England market..."

"That would destroy your reputation entirely across the entire wizarding world!" Nigel said.

"And, if people died, the case might well be made that I was doing it deliberately."

"Potentially sending you to Azkaban," Nigel was wide eyed, seeing what Robert was seeing.

"Or worse," Robert said, knowing certain criminal cases could merit the death penalty, and he didn't particularly relish the idea of being forced to cross the veil before his time.

"Dear God," Nigel said. "You've caught this just in time, haven't you?"

"Very possibly. If Tom wanted to take me out, thinking it would shut down our organization, I can see where they might think this would work. It wouldn't stop the organization, but they're entitled to be stupid, I suppose," Robert said. Marcus's mind was racing. He could see that Suzanne would hope that it would topple Robert's family like a house of cards, taking down Angus and Ruby and the Donohues with it. Suzanne was just stupid that way.

"Marcus," Robert called to him, seeing Marcus's mind was still working. "Not to worry. My leg is hurt, not my mind. I've got this. Don't worry. You two come see me tomorrow, and I'll have a plan ready. You have my word. Go get some supper and do something fun. You've all earned it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:42 pm

Aria stood snd listened to Robert and Marcus talking chukaling when he said he might need more than on if they lose the game she glaced over at Marcus but said nothing to him. Hearing Robert discribe the area where he thought Suzzane was hold up making false potions she sighed and nodded " yeah I know that area" she added " and as for bringing down your rep, shes got a long way to go" she said with a gentle smile. " every one knows of Robert Lupin evenI did before I joined, I can say this your well respected and nobody would belive a word that comes out of Suzanne and Tom geldings mouth" she added.

Moving back she looked to Robert when he said for them to go do something fun. " oh this is fun for us" she said and smirked at Marcus " though there is only one other thing I know of." she left it hanging for Marcus to add in the blanks of what she ment. " but food is a close second" she added smeling the aroma from above that reatch the movie room.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:42 pm

"Well, I appreciate that. Thank you," Robert said. "Right now, logically speaking, I suppose it should only bother me if I get accused of distributing bad quality potions. I've never had to battle that before, but that doesn't mean I will go into it unprepared. Tom Gelding has not yet managed to make one of these little hairbrained plans of his work well enough to significantly hurt us. If worse comes to worse, I'll jus sic Angus on them."

"And what would that do?" Nigel asked.

"The last time Angus went after Tom's house, he barraged it with fireballs. Set the damned place on fire. Tom would have given Angus just about anything he wanted just to get Angus to stop lobbing fireballs onto his house," Marcus laughed. "Pretty basic, but it was effective."

"And also illegal."

"It would have had to irk their Minister of Magic, though," Marcus said.

"Ah, yes. Daniella. I forgot," Nigel said. "Highly unlikely that Daniella would ever jail a Donohue."

"Wouldn't ever happen while Daniella is still in office," Marcus replied. Robert laughed when Aria made a joke about fun activities."

"Oh, that reminds me. Would you do me a favor?" Robert asked Marcus and Aria. "We have had a massive harvest this year. We made what Angus planned for us to make, which was more than last year, but we've had such bumper crops that this estate and my farm made an additional 50% more beyond what Angus forecasted we would use. Would you do me a favor and ask Angus about possibly seeing if Fenrir's pack would benefit from perhaps a monthly box of fruits, vegetables, grains, and meats? If they don't need it, we can come up with a way to do more canning and such and perhaps redistribute it through Paris and Colorado and some of those places, but I know sometimes the pack struggles. It would be a way to just give them a little boost."

"I'd be happy to ask him," Marcus said. "Is there a specific time we should talk to you tomorrow about this plan?"

"Maybe about 9:30 or 10 am? That'll give me time to get up and get some coffee and some breakfast, and then I'll be able to talk more coherently."

"Us too, I'm sure. What about a guard for Khaat for tomorrow?"

"David'll get it," Robert said. "You and Aria are more important on this matter for now, if you're both alright with that."

"Fine by me. I'm here to be of service," Marcus nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top