A Birth day - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 6 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:30 am

Marcus apparated in and made a beeline for Nigel. Nigel saw at once that something had gone dramatically wrong.

"Who's down?" Nigel asked.

"Angus," Marcus said. "Marie got him, and she had her people bury him alive in a casket underground. We got him out, but he was in a full arrest when we got to him. Robert's taking him home to the bayou house. He needs his bag."

"It's right here," Nigel said, going to the other side of the room. He got it and handed it to Marcus. "Robert might need help. I'll join him if someone either gets me coordinates..."

"We'll come and get you and bring you when you can get free," Marcus said.

"I have a commanders medallion," Nigel said, showing Marcus he had the same medallion that all the team commanders had tonight. "I'll let you know."

"Fair enough," Marcus said. He took the bag and apparated back to the bayou house.

"Where is she?" Evan said, driven to find Marie now. Then he got a glance of her. She was over near on the far side of the back yard of the shack, near an old well. "Ah ha. There she is. She's at your 10, Ruby, by the well."

Robert and Kate were going to take him to the bedroom, but Angus became upset, desperate to be able to see outside. Four walls of any kind right at that moment felt suffocating to him. It made sense to them, and so they put him in the chair by the windows that he was used to. Kate brought a basin, soap, and towels, and Marcus had brought him a pair of pajama shorts. Not wanting anyone else to see him unclothed, they took his filthy clothes from him, hastily washed him up and put the clean pajama shorts on him. They made quick work of a shampoo, and then, last but certainly not least, Marcus sat on the arm of the chair and slowly washed the dirt and mud from Angus’s face with fresh, warm, scented water. Kate brought some ice water and also some of Robert’s calming almond tea. Robert was continuing to monitor Angus’ heart and lungs closely.
He was also very concerned about Angus’ nerves. Robert was very well aware that being buried alive was a relatively common fear, and within it, it held some of the most common fears of all mankind—fear of the dark, fear of death, fear of rejection, fear of abandonment, fear of being alone—there was a whole list of them that were all wrapped up in one experience. And Angus had had good reason in his lifetime to have experienced a good many of these. Angus was going to need and want to have the people he loved the most to be close to him for awhile, probably in small numbers. He was going to need wide open spaces and light and a lot of fresh air. Probably familiar and safe settings. And, given a little time, he was going to need to train. He would need to regain his confidence as a fighter. Robert did run it through his mind about perhaps bringing Jeffrey in, but once Angus recovered from the physical ordeal of nearly dying, Robert knew Angus would return to being very closed about what he thought and felt. And the last person he would confide in would be a stranger. It was far more likely that he would confide in Marcus and Edward and Ruby. When he was physically recovered, he knew that the other first stringers would wrap around him and get him back out running and strength training again.

For now, though, Angus had to recover from nearly being asphyxiated. He was still struggling for air, still coughing, still had irregular breathing and heart rate. He was still, understandably, confused, and Robert was detecting that Angus had a fierce headache from the lack of oxygen and a good deal of chest pain. It was all textbook, Robert knew, and it was part of what had Angus still quite anxious and rattled.

Marcus brought Robert’s bag, and Robert rooted in a side pocket and got out a gold pendant.

“Got this from Nigel,” Robert said. “Apparently, they’ve been using this for some time. I hope it works.” The pendant had a gold coin that had a rune with the symbol of air on it. It was designed to be very lightweight, with a strong but fine chain. Marcus, put this around his neck, would you, and then press the rune symbol. Let’s see if it helps.” Marcus did as Robert asked, and he felt a slight breeze around Angus’s face. “Give him a moment now,” Robert said. “Nigel said he keeps these in his bag now. They’re amulets that create a circle of oxygen. Doesn’t work underwater, but for cases like this, it works similarly to a muggle oxygen mask, or so Nigel says. It might help him breathe easier.”

“Where’s Ru…the kids…” Angus was trying to speak, but his voice was hoarse and almost entirely gone and was only a very faint whisper. Part of that was the asphyxiation itself and part was, Robert guessed, from some effort that he guessed Angus had made to try to call for help.

“They’re safe,” Marcus said, not actually knowing if they were safe or not. “They’ll be here shortly.” Marcus felt that this was one time when a little white lie was probably best. He picked up the water and fed Angus a couple small sips. “Better?” Marcus asked. Angus nodded. Robert cast a pain relief spell and some additional sedation, and that was going to hit Angus a good deal heavier. Robert saw it as necessary tonight, though. Angus suddenly panicked a bit when his eyes fluttered shut because of the spell, and he latched hard onto Marcus. “You’re safe. We’re not leaving. It’s safe to close your eyes for now,” Marcus told him. A moment later, Angus unintentionally slipped into a light sleep.

“Robert,” Kate asked softly. “How is he really?”

“He’ll be alright,” Robert said. “Tonight will be the roughest. He is desperately going to need familiar surroundings. I honestly want to get him home—really home—back to the duplex. I might move him there in the morning whether we get Marie tonight or not. We have enough operatives that I might be able to pull him out. He isn’t going to be in any shape to fight her again, not for awhile, and I want this wrapped up sooner than that.”

“And if you’re needed here?”

“I’ll have to go back and forth…”

“Couldn’t we ask Nigel..”

“Medically, yes. However, he needs to be surrounded with people he trusts, and I have a much better relationship with him than Nigel has with him.”

“You take him home and the rest of your team is going to want to go with him. They’re going to want to wrap around him. That’s what this team does. They’re a tight, close knit family. They aren’t going to stay on the other side of the Atlantic, and you know it.”

“I haven’t solved that yet,” Robert said, pulling up a footstool to sit beside Angus and opening his bag.

“I thought you had him settled.”

“Partly,” Robert said. “I wanted him in a solid deep sleep first before I started this. Look at his fingers, Kate. He tried to claw his way out. His fingertips are bloody and bruised and full of splinters from that old rotten wood because he was just that damned desperate. I could do it fast with magic. Or I can do it right and do as much of it by hand as I can see. This is going to take awhile.” He got out some equipment and, using a good magnifier, he set to work in silence.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:41 am

Ruby heard Evan and turned her head " don't hide witch" she shouted and fired a blast at the well to scare her out " you brought this on your head" she added as she made her way over to the well and stood facing Marie. " you dare harm my man and kids, answer for your crimes you Salop." she called out " face me, or are you just a bouzen working for a Koko Sal called my mother" she said and looked to Evan " I learned a few words while here." she said then looked back at where He had seen her " you think shes still there or is hiding like the Idyot she is." Ruby was now a woman on a mishion .

Aria flew down changing back not far from them  stood in amusment at the words coming from Rubys mouth.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4775

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:43 am

Ruby heard Evan and turned her head " don't hide witch" she shouted and fired a blast at the well to scare her out " you brought this on your head" she added as she made her way over to the well and stood facing Marie. " you dare harm my man and kids, answer for your crimes you Salop." she called out " face me, or are you just Salopri working for a Koko Sal called my mother" she said and looked to Evan " I learned a few words while here." she said then looked back at where He had seen her " you think shes still there or is hiding like the Idyot she is." Ruby was now a woman on a mishion .

Aria flew down changing back not far from them  stood in amusment at the words coming from Rubys mouth.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:55 am

Evan wasn't sure how Ruby picked up any Creole at all in the isolated house they'd been staying in, but now wasn't the time to ask questions.

"She's not hiding," Evan said in a low, angry tone, seeing her clearly. Then he fired a couple of shots at her, dropping Marie to her knees, her strange looking clothes smoking from the firey blasts Evan had hit her with. She gasped for breath, and then she looked up and Evan and stood up, casting curse upon curse on Evan. Evan didnt' put much stock in voodoo curses, but even if he had, if he was able to help get rid of her, it would be worth it.

"If you're going to get here, then damnit, do it, Ruby," Evan told her. "Because if you don't, I'm gonna."

At that moment, Anise came dashing into the area, seeing Marie, and she was ready to race straight at her. Evan snagged Anise around the waist and almost picked her straight up off her feet to keep her from lunging ahead and he planted her beside him.

"Dont you move," he told Anise fiercely, not wanting Marie to try kill Anise.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:04 am

Aria seeing Anise run in quicky changed her diminer and ran to Evan " let me" she said and held Anise. " you go help Ruby" Anis said.

Ruby marched towards Marie quick firing until she finaly stood in her kill stance. she fired blowing the well to peices of brick flying every which way, before she aimed at Marie and cast bombardo knocking her on her ass. Quickly befoer Maris could get to her feet Ruby walked over and dropped her wand into her holster, chosing to punch her hard not once or twice, but three times hard, until she lay nothing but an unconshious mess on the ground. Then and only then did she bring out her cuffs, not one but two pairs, cuffing her hands behind her and her legs up against her back to stop her moving. " Aria would you mind taking out the Salop, I mean trash" she asked as she moved to Anise and held her in a hug " shes done" she told her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:18 am

Evan stood for a moment in silence, trying to rid himself of the rage. He thought of a lot of horrendous things he wanted to do to her. Instead, he thought now of Angus, and what might please him. Then he got an image that made him smile. He flicked his wand and turned her into the most horrendous looking, dirty green colored toy, plush toad. He shrank it, and took it over to Aria and dropped it in her pocket.

"Sorry, not sorry. That one was for my brother," Evan told her, walking away from her, Ruby, and Anise. He knew there were more people to round up and arrest but that wasnh't important to him in the least. He flicked his wand and apparated out. He was heading to the bayou house to go chec on Angus.

When he arrived there, Kate heard the sound of apparating and she stepped out on the porch.

"He's asleep in the living room, so don't you dare wake him up. Let him rest. Now, make yourself useful. Either come in and help me make sandwiches and coffee or stay out here and keep anyone else from waking him up either when they get here."

"I need to be busy," Evan said. "I'll make sandwiches and coffee." He turned and went inside, going into the kitchen. Kate sat down in the rocking chair on the porch, smelling the night air and listening to the sounds of the crickets and the frogs chirping in the night.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:28 am

Aria watched as Evan transphigured Marie to a plush toad and shrunk it before being dropped into her pocket . Aria could not help laugh at his words " Love it" she said grinning as she walke dover to Ruby and Aria " take her home Ruby" she said and Ruby nodded "go check on Angus, Im sure hes worried about you as you are aout him." she stepped back as she saw Ruby port Anise back to the new orleans house porting herself to the holding area and walked over to the commanders and took out the toy, she held it up and transphugured it back to a human letting her land hard on the ground. " its over we got her" she said " make sure you keep those cuffs on her and tape her mouth too so she can't do any voodoo stuff" she said once she was sure she was secured she ported back to the new oreals house and walked up to the door.

Ruby heard Aria and nodded loking at Anise she held her tight and ported them to the house , taking Anises hand together they headed to the front door she heard Kate and smiled looking at Anise as they both walked in " we got her" she said to Robert and Kate " how is he?" she asked the worry and exaustion evident in her voice as she stood with them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:36 am

"He's sleeping," Kate said quietly. "Marcus is with him. Robert's sedated Angus, so don't you dare wake him up. Being buried alive--its a damned strong fear for us humans. Runs deep and far more common than people realize. And, I'm sure he's going to need a bit to recover from it. Angus doesn't want any semblance of being closed in right now, and I don't blame him a bit for it. Robert left him in the living room so he could be near the windows. He's still tending him. Im sure he'll be tending Angus all night. You wake him up, though, and I'll hex your lips right off your faces--both of you. Evan's inside making sandwiches and coffee for everyone when they get here. Go make sure he doesn't burn the kitchen down, would you? And come up with some cookies or something to add to that pitiful menu?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:48 am

Ruby looked at Kate as she spoke relieved he was going to be fine and that he was with Robert and Marcus. " of course Kate" she said in a whisper " wouldn't dream of it, we left Aria to clean up" she said and looked to Anise " want to help me make something for supper?" she asked and took her hand in hers walking into the house quietly and over to the kitchen to start making food.

Aria heard Kate and chuckled but nodded her head too "Yes ma'am" she said taking off her shoes so as not to make a sound around Angus while he slept, she walked quietly over to Rober and lent closer to his head "We have her in custady she won't be around for the foreseeable future" she whispered to him before handing him back his medallion. Once she had seen Angus was good she headed over to her own house and sat down on her bed taking off her shirt she winced feeling a sharp pain from her side where a bruise sat, one of the men had managed to get a hit but she had ignored it, for the most part, knowing it would heal.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:04 am

Evan had quite a stack of sandwiches slapped together and stacked on a platter. and he had tea and coffee brewing. He was cleaning up the mess.

"I made due with that was here, so they are all a bit different. People are going to have to just peek inside and pick what they want," Evan said to Anise and Ruby. "Coffee and tea are both brewing, and now I'm a little out of my element. I guess I'll leave the rest to you." He left the kitchen and found a light blanket for Angus.

"Oh, good," Robert said quietly, depositing one last shaving of wood into a basin. "There. I think that's finally got it all." He cleaned Angus's fingers and put some plasters around Angus's fingertips and cast a pain relief spell. He made yet another check on Angus's heart and lungs. "I think we can just let him be for awhile now, Marcus. You're welcome to go and..."

"Nah," Marcus said. "If he wakes up, he's going to need a friendly face to be right here."

"Alright," Robert said.

"How much wood did you get out of his fingers?"

"A fair amount," Robert said, showing him the basin with the numerous splinters in it.

"Why didn't he just apparate himself out?" Marcus asked. Robert frowned for a moment and then he laid his hand back on Angus.

"He couldn't. Damn her. She bound his magic. He very likely tried, and it didn't work," Robert was even angrier than before. "Did he have his wand out? Do you remember?"

"No. It was in his holster. The only thing he left in the casket was that flashlight. I picked it up. I have it here," Marcus said, taking it out of his pocket and handing it to Robert. "He had the rest of his weapons with him."

Kate saw the rest of the team arriving., and Nigel was with them. Kate gave them the same warning, and they filed in the house silently, looking over at Angus and seeing him sound asleep, and Robert and Marcus with him. Edward sat on the sofa close to Angus's chair, and Robert gave Edward an update. Ginger went into the kitchen and saw Ruby and Anise there.

"Can I help you with anything?" she asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top