A Birth day - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 4 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:13 pm

"Absolutely," Marcus told Aria. "You too. Since we haven't done one of these together, just so you know, my task on one of Robert's missions teams is slightly different from everyone else's. I'm not in this to get Marie. My job in this is to make sure that the team who goes after her all get back alive, as best I can make that happen. My orders have been clear from the very first time I ever met Robert. I am the protector, so that's what I'll do. If more protection is needed, generally that assistance is supposed to come from Michael or from Robert himself. But, if it starts to go sideways and you feel like jumping off the offensive team and onto the protections team, I won't object." He smiled and kissed her forehead. When she replied to Sam's question about snogging, Marcus laughed.

"You'd better believe it," Sam nodded, not shying away one bit from the fact that he and Anise were indeed lovers. Anise gave him a sideways glance that was slightly disapproving. No one needed to know anything more about that. She was sure that Angus and Ruby knew that there was more than snogging going on, but she didn't want everybody involved in it.

"Let's go," Angus said seriousy. They all joined together, and Angus apparated them the short distance to the missions headquarters.

Angus was sufficiently impressed. The area that was normally used for offices had been pressed into spaces for a mini hospital unit. There were two exam rooms, one procedure room in case of any emergency surgery need, two rooms with two hospital beds, two bathrooms, two showers, and a medical supply room. A large carpeted lobby area held enchanted maps, a large conference table with clerks, errand runners, and all sorts of command supplies. Two smaller rooms towards the back were supplied with comfortable chairs, some end tables, large chunky coffee table, refreshments, coffee, tea, sodas, water, all sorts of things to help fighters fuel up or recharge.

A warehouse room held cells now, big concrete blocks to serve as indestructable bunks with mattresses tossed onto them. and a central area in the middle of the room held an area for guards who were already stationed there and heavily armed.

A massive garage area for the semi trucks held several enchanted busses. They were not double deckers, they were painted a pretty standard silver color and they had bench style seats and there was a protective thick wire grid between the prisoner seating and the driver and guard seating. Prisoners had to enter from the back, and the driver and guards had to enter from the front.

Still another warehouse area held tables, chairs, a field kitchen, food, cooks, and all manner of food and drinks to feed the fighters a healthy, high protein, ultra nutritious supper and to fuel them up for the hard night ahead. And, there was one more table full of gear for all of those people who had forgotten some of their equipment. Over in a far corner of the room were crammed more more hospital beds. Angus knew what that was for too. If things went completely off the rails and there were more than a couple wounded, this area could be instantly set up as a large hospital ward. He glanced around and saw Nigel in the same area as the extra beds, with a clipboard, going over some sort of arrangements.

"This has been in the works since they first decided to team up together," Angus told Ruby, seeing the hard work and deep thought that had been put into this. "They're ready for anything. This is one of the biggest missions they've ever done together."

"Wonder what's on the menu tonight," Sam asked, trying to see the food line from a distance. Some of the cooks were waving fighters over already so they would come and fix their plates. Sam looked at Anise. "Let's go. Its been a long time since breakfast. I'm starving."

"Wait justs a second," Angus told them. He looked at all four of them. "Now, listen, you four. I want you to eat properly before we go. Do not, under any circumstances, stuff yourselves. I will buy you or fix you however much food you want as soon as we get home tonight. But, you need some protein. Go for chicken or fish. Red meat will make you sluggish. Get some fruit, some vegetables, and absolutely no high fiber foods. Got that?" They nodded, realizing now that eating the wrong foods was going to make them slow and sluggish and could get them killed. They were hesitant now about going and eating.

"Come on, 'Dad'," Evan said to Angus. "You too, Ruby. Let's show them how it's done. They can follow our leads." Angus nodded, and he motioned to Ruby.

"He's right. Let's let them follow our lead. Come on." Angus went to the food line and he went through, picking very carefully. He picked grilled fish with a lemon butter sauce, some brown rice, and some stir fried vegetables. He chose a bottled water for his drink. The kids all picked foods very close to what they saw Angus, Evan, and Ruby pick for their own plates. Angus took his plate and sat down at one of the long tables that were set up. The kids just naturally followed him and joined him. They were chattering about their excitement about their first real mission--all of them except Anise. She looked about as low as Angus had ever seen her. She sat with her plate and just stared at it, not interested in eating.

"Hey," Angus called to her gently. She looked up at him. "It'll be alright. Too many people know about this premonition of yours--including me. I will be extra careful, I promise. And I'll do my level best to stay in eyesight of the others. Fair enough? Now, you really need to eat your supper so you're ready to fight." She nodded and tucked into her plate, but only because he'd asked her to.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:59 pm

Aria heard Marcus and nodded "Try and keep me off that ass of yours." she said smiling then looked to Angus "Coming boss," she said and chuckled at sams responce " To be young and in love, hey," she said still chuckling slightly as they Aperated to another area looking around she could see it was all set up professionaly and she was impressed following Angus and Ruby with the kids inside she saw several women and men all dressed for tending to wound busying themselves around a single person. " Nigel I take it?" she whispered to Marcus as Angus spoke to the kids about their food and what not to eat. She was impressed.

Ruby held on to Angus's hand as they operated to the staging area, she looked around and saw everyone redying themselves, and soon she followed him inside smiling as she saw Nigel now relaxing knowing even if things got bad they would be in good hands once the battle was done. Hearing Angus talk about the right foods they should eat she smiled and nodded "he's right." she said and waked with Angus to the food area taking almost the same as him but she had flavored water instead of plain and sat next to Angus to eat.

Aria looked around and saw a quiet area not far from the main area " Listen theres something I do before a fight, I'll be back " she told Marcus and headed for it. Pausing to look around she took slow deep breathes as she moved her body slowly as if practising her moves but slower this went on for ten minutes before she quickened her pace using her feet and wand to take down an imaginary assailant before slowing down again and breathing out refocusing her energy to a calm state.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4775

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:15 pm

"Yes," Marcus told her when she asked about Nigel. "He works for Lee, but he's gotten to be good mates with Robert, and he seems to have a real knack for creating some truly innovative magical medical devices. Robert has a knack with potions, and then Nigel has his own specialty. They seem to fit well together. And they're both very perfectionistic." He listened to Aria talk about her need to go do her own kind of warm up for readying herself for a mission. He didn't follow her but just let her go do whatever she needed to do. Instead, he fixed a plate, more as a way to sit with Angus and the kids in order to see if he could help calm them and ready them for the task ahead.

He listened to the kids talk about the fight, but Anise was as tight as wax. He put his plate down beside her and he took a moment to just stand behind her and knead her shoulders. He felt her relax just a little.

"You're welcome to stick close to me if you like," Marcus told her.

"I'm just..." she began.

"I know," Marcus said, knowing exactly what she was keyed up about. "We'll keep an eye open. we can do it together. Yes?" He smiled at her, and she nodded, appreciative. He sat down and tucked into his supper. "You might want to join a tai chi class or a stretching class when you get home. It's good for pre-fight butterflies. Ask Robert. He does tai chi several times each week. He might teach you a few things."

"I don't even know what that is," she told him.

"I'll show you in the morning if you're up," he said. She nodded. "If you don't feel like eating, that's fine, but you should tuck into that fish. The protein would be good energy for you for tonight's work."

"I'll try," she said, appreciating that he was not dismissive of her anxiety. "Thanks."

"Any time," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:33 pm

Aria finished her workout and walked over to the long table where everyone was sat she picked up some food and sat next to Marcus " foods good" she said smiling at Anise as she ate she listened to him mention Ti Chi and she chuckled "It does work, I do it before every big meal" she admitted " hey you could work with me when your home" she said " Im no master but I do know some moved to help refocus the mind," she said " if you don't fall on your butt like I did the first time I tried it" she said and chuckled trying to change the mood of the people around her to make them relax a little.

Ruby sat and ate quietly with Angus she looked up at Anise and smiled " I know ho you feel " she said leaning over she hugged her against her "You'll do fine and Angus will have us watching his back so nobody will get close to him" she said " and Nigles here too." she inside knew and felt herself having Nigel at the base was reassuring for her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:48 pm

"Okay," Anise said to Aria. Right now, she just wanted to get through this evening, and she made up her mind that she would do whatever it took to protect her adoptive dad. Angus finished eating when he saw some of Lee's men putting their trays in their designated spot for turning in dirty dishes. He watched them doublechecking their equipment and weapons and readying to go, and he saw Robert coming where he was sitting with Ruby, Marcus, Aria and the kids.

"Listen," Robert said to them. "I've talked with the rest of our team. I want you lot to get ready. I'm sending you in first. Kate's leading you so we can keep some consistent communication between the squads. Lee and I will follow with our squads, and Michael is leading the French squad. He'll go with his team when Lee and I go. The reason I'm sending you in first is because you lot are our strongest squad, bar none. You know the enemy, and you're ready. And--you're the smallest squad. That, I think, is going to be a strength. Sometimes you need a small, elite squad to go in first. You can go in and get a much better idea of where you need to be putting that specialized fire. Make those few advanced minutes count. Get yourselves ready because I'm launching you in just a couple minutes."

Angus nodded. He felt the kids and Evan looking at him as Robert walked away.

"Don't stress," Angus told them all. "We're ready for this. If you need to make a restroom trip, do that. If you need to get a little 8 oz water bottle to hang on your belt, do that. Stretch and loosen up if you need it. Make this time count. Go. I'll get your trays." The kids got up and scattered a little like dropping marbles on the floor. Angus couldn't help laughing a little. He got up and gathered up the trays and carried them to the disposal area. Marcus looked at Aria.

"You good to go?" Marcus asked her. "Ruby? You good too?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:57 pm

Aria listened to Robert as he spoke and just gave a nod as she finished her food seing the kids walk in different directions she shook her ehad " I've seen that before" she said "They will come together as a full-blown team" she added finishing her food she let one of the other men take her tay and sat back. Hearing Marcus she smiled at him taking his hand in her own "This isn't my first rodeo but yeah Im good but thanks for asking" she said smiling at him.

Ruby took a long deep breath in as she listened to Robert but looked at Angus too she felt her hands shaking a little but she pushed it away and knew she had to get threw this night to have a happy family and husband again. She heard Marcus and nodded " yeah, just to a little of the shakes" she said and showed him her hand shaking a alittel " but I know we have to do this." she finished as a man took her tray away.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:13 pm

"I'll see you in a bit," Marcus told her, getting up. "I have things to do." He went over to Kate, their commander for tonight and had a word with her. He saw the Americans and the French and even some of Aria's men looking at Kate with a real lack of confidence in "the old woman" as a commander. Marcus knew better. Kate was a damned strong fighter, and she was, at times, the confidence behind Robert. Tonight, he saw Kate was confident, ready, and very prepared. He discussed a wee bit of strategy with her, and he was glad Kate was in agreement and ready. He then took one of the small waterbottles, finding multiple uses for water in a skirmish, and he attached it to his belt with a strong rubber band and a caliper.

"I need to walk just a little, Ru," Angus told her.

"Can I come with?" Evan asked.

"Always," Angus replied with a smile. Evan went with him, and they walked outside where Angus lit up a cigarette.

"Do those help?" Evan asked.

"Meh," Angus shrugged. "Sometimes. Sometimes not so much."

"Are you nervous?"

"No. I want this bitch too badly. I want to get in and get the job done," Angus said. "I'm only a tad concerned for the kids."

"They'll stay tight to all of us that they trust. You'll see. They'll be okay," Evan said. "I've seen them in training, and right now, they're really focused. They're in a good place."

It wasn't long before Angus heard Robert whistling for them all. He turned and saw Robert standing outside in the center of what, at one point, had been a huge parking lot for the semi trucks that came in and out of here.

"That's our cue to get ready to deploy," Angus said. "It's go time." He dropped the butt of his cigarette and crushed it with his foot and then walked over towards Robert, with Evan right beside him. He saw the kids coming outside on the run and Marcus apparated in from wherever the heck he had wandered off to. Edward and Simone were coming outside with Kate. That left Ruby and Aria to join them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:20 pm

Aria nodded as she felt it was his thing to do befre a fight and staifd ith Ruby " they will all be fine" she said but she was not sure if it was to herself or Ruby she had said it. Heaing Robert whistle she loked up and then stood up motioning to Ruby who straightened out her clothing as she stood up " you look fine" Aria said as together they headed over to where the guys were stood waiting for them.

Arian looked at Marcus and tied up her hair in a tight bun while Ruby looked to Angus and gave him a wuick hug before standing ready to fight. " we're ready." Ruby said looking to Marcus and the guys.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:32 pm

"One last word," Robert said to them. "You're part of the strongest squad I've ever had, and in this bunch, you are, unquestionably the best. Do not let your small numbers tonight throw you. An elite team does not need huge numbers to make massive differences. Every single one of you is on this team tonight because you've earned the slot. Stay tight, stay focused. Follow Kate's directives because the team leaders will be communicating with each other all evening long." He showed a new, egg shaped medallion around his neck with a glowing red stone. "It's a very temporary audio communications device, rather like a muggle walkie talkie, if you know what that is. But the battery only lasts a max of four hours, so let's not make this an all night affair, shall we?" He cast them a bit of an amused grin. "Kate will apparate you all together to the camp. The minute you land, begin your assault because you do not want to lose the element of surprise. Good luck."

"Join together, and we'll go," Kate told them. Anise grabbed tight to Angus's hand, as if she intended to break his fingers. The rest of them all took hands or linked elbows. When everyone was joined, Kate flicked her wand and apparated them.

And in a fraction of a moment, Angus was standing on coast of the little island where the camp was. In the distance he could see a raging, high bonfire and the voodoo dancers already dancing and singing. He did not see Marie, but he certainly was going to find her.

"Go," Kate told them in a strong voice, heading up the beach to the camp. Angus glanced over to see his family keeping stride with him, step by step. It was on.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:39 pm

Ruby listened to Robert and nodded as he spoke Aria stood firm beside Marcus noting the new type of medallion. Looking to either side of her she smiled and then linked her arm with Marcus and Ruby on each side of her as Kate ported them to the beach. Staying low she moved quietly up and closer to the camp shew she could already see several men. Motioning to Marcus she knew he'd already seen them. moving in the long grass she drew close to Oen and cast petrificus totalus dragging him into the grass and cuffing him before porting out and returning a moment later crouched and in the same spot.

Ruby moved beside Angus watching as she moved closer to the camp. She already saw Aria take out one man quietly to her left, leave and return after dropping him at the camp to be processed. Now it was her turn she moved around a tree and saw a man looking down at his boot casting the same spell she wrapped her hand around his mouth pulling him down to the ground and cuffing him, she too ported back to the main camp seeing the others doing the same as she returned to the camp and now at the ready as the men dwindled down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top