Bumps and Bruises
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bumps and Bruises Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bumps and Bruises

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bumps and Bruises Empty Bumps and Bruises

Post by Ryo Hiroku Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:13 pm

Who ever said Hufflepuffs were meek was wrong. The Hufflepuff quidditch team was anything but. The amount of time they had spent practicing this year was really coming in handy. It was a struggle at first, given that the team had started out this year with very little skill aside from a select few that had been on the team from the previous year or had quidditch experience from outside of the school. Ryo was proud of his team and even if they did not win as many matches as they had set their eyes on, he would be ecstatic anyways. However, it seemed like practice got away from him this time.

Trying to help one of the newer members of the team, Ryo had dropped his guard briefly and had not seen the bludger that was coming toward him during their end of practice skirmish. He'd heard his name being called and turned toward it but could not react quick enough to dodge out of the way. He pushed the younger student out of the way in time, but was hit with the full force of the object causing him to lose balance on his broom and fall from it. Luckily, he had not been very high up in the air, otherwise it could have been a very big accident. He managed to catch himself on the fall, but did not escape injury.

Once he was able to get himself back up, Ryo winced as he held his arm while his teammates ran up and surrounded him. Ryo reassured them that he was fine and called practice to an end so he could get to the Hospital Wing and get treated. He was sure his wrist was at least sprained but he had suffered through worse. He hoped he could just get it bandaged up and be on his way. Arriving at the Wing, Ryo pushed the doors open and headed toward the nearest person who didn't seem busy.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Bumps and Bruises Empty Re: Bumps and Bruises

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:28 am

From the Dueling Club to Quidditch accidents,  Sophia was a busy bee helping Khaat and them in the Hospital Wing.  Which was good, helped her get the experience she needed to  become a successful healer later on when she graduates.   But as for right now, she was nothing more then broken bones at the most but she wasn't complaining.   She loved healing people and making them feel better but she didn't like healing her friends and loved ones especially when they were hurt.  Ryo, Hit and then had the worse habit of getting hurt and getting sent here and she'll have to fix them up.

Speaking of the devil,  Sophia sighed when she saw Ryo walking into the Hospital Wing, she didn't even need to look at his arm to see that it was broken.   Sighing to herself she shook her head walking over towards him.  "What was it this time Ry a bludger to the arm?"  Getting out the bandages she motioned him to sit down on the bed.  "I swear between you, Kace and them I don't know who's worse."  Getting out her wand she bit her lip.  " Warning this might hurt a bit, but as many broken bones you had probably used to it."

She knew that he probably was, hell Kace was in here almost every time they had a game or practice and never gotten over it completely.    She knew if she was having her bones snapped nack in place she'll scream,  but she never broke a bone nor was she planning on it soon.   Mending bones was starting to get easier for her,  she was almost a pro at it and was quite of herself.  She knew she came a long way from where she was when she was a fifth year and she was so happy and proud of herself it was clear to see.  Now all she had to do was graduate from here and she was on her way to become a healer.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 am

"Gee, how'd ya know?" Ryo joked as Sophia scolded him, looking at her with apologetic eyes. He knew he had a knack for getting hurt, so did Hit, and they all knew it. It was nice to have a friend that wanted to be a healer because they were all just so reckless. While Ryo admitted it, he had no intention of changing who he was. He could agree to be careful as many times as anyone wanted him too but it just wasn't in his nature. He might as well be wrapped up in bubble wrap if they wanted to keep him from being himself.

He knew for sure Hit would say the same thing. The difference though, was that Hit could hurt herself on objects that weren't sharp or anything. She hadn't broken anything yet that he was aware of, but she definitely had more than enough bruises on her to make everyone worry that it wasn't accidental. Hell, if he didn't know her as well as he did, he would assume her parents put her through some horrid things. He was sure he wasn't too far off on that, either but she never complained about anything like that so he was willing to trust her on that one. For now.

"In my defense, this one wasn't my fault. I literally wasn't doing anything. Just helping one of the newer players with their positioning on the field." Ryo started explaining. "The guys were messing around with the bludgers getting ready for the skirmish before I ended practice and they accidentally let one go too early." He shook his head as a chuckle escaped his lips. Ryo braced himself at her warning, he knew it hurt to mend broken bones and it wasn't like this was his first time getting hurt like this, but that didn't mean the process didn't suck. He was really hoping that it was just sprained and not broken but considering the pain he was in (despite his pain tolerance), he knew it had to be more than just that. "Ready whenever."
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:41 am

Crossing her arms she gave him a glare like scold before shaking her head. "You're lucky I love you like a brother, or else you'll be cursed for your reckless behavior." She knew how Ryo and Hit were, both of them were a bunch of dare devils in her opinion. Soph knew that they were both reckless and was going to probably die reckless, and there was nothing she could say else wise. Although she always worried about them, as a healer and best friend to borh of them, she didn't want to ever see them hurt beyond what she can control at the moment.

Soph knew about Hit and was always worries about her and told her to be careful, every cut and bruise she had when she saw her made her frown. Although she knew Hit put on a brave face, she knew some of those bruises weren't something to laugh about. While she was always willing to help her friends, she knew not to intrude too much in their lives unless they told her themselves. As much as she wanted to wrap them up in bubble wrap she knew that wasn't going to happen, hell she didn't blame them she did some reckless things herself at times but it was how she was.

She knew how he was, always willing to make himself get hurt or hit before anyone else too the fall or hit. In her opinion that was what Ryo what he was, a true and loyal Hufflepuff. Shaking her head she let out a small chuckle. "Why doesn't that surprise me? One came in while ago staying he crashed into a tree." Nodding her head she quickly casted the spell at him hearing a snapping sound she knew it was healed. "There you go, now be careful! Although I know you won't!"
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:24 am

Ryo grit his teeth as he turned his head away so as not to watch Sophia mend his arm. It didn't hurt as much as he had excepted it to, but it did hurt. He was almost displeased that it didn't hurt as much as he thought it would, because that meant his body was truly getting used to constantly being hurt. The Hufflepuff sighed and nodded as he pulled his arm back, away from Sophia once she was done with it. "You know I can't promise not hurting myself again," he responded with a smirk. "But I will try to be careful, mom." A chuckle escaped his lips as he said that.

Sophia had always been like a mother to Ryo. Or maybe it was more like sister, considering they were the same age. But while Ryo was mature for his age, Sophia had always been the more mature of the two. He knew he could always go her when he needed help or advice. She was always more help than his actual sister or his parents. Ryo had always felt like he was different from his family. Despite being told that he and his sister were twins, just fraternal, Ryo didn't feel like that was true. Something told him that his parents were hiding something but whenever he even tried to ask the conversation was always changed.

"Hey Soph, do you ever feel like you're different from your family?"
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:25 am

This was the part she always hated, she could see and feel the pain in her eyes as if she was the one hurt. While she tried to numb it was much as she could with her knowledge, she literally knew how much it hurt. Wincing a bit she snapped it back in place before wrapping it up. She didn't know how Ryo could handle the pain, if it was her she'll scream for sure. "Oh I know you can't, and thank you that makes me feel better now." Crossing her arms at what he said she pushed him lightly on the shoulder that wasn't hurt.

The reason why she was so mature for her age was because she was forced to grow up quick. She didn't have much of a childhood, she was always the one taking care of her siblings while her parents were at work. She felt like she grew up way too quicky for her age, she wanted to enjoy her childhood while she had a chance to. Although she loved her siblings and wonders who was taking care of them she was glad to get away from it. Although her family was her family, she felt different from everyone else in her family, although she tried to make her parents pleased she was always the odd ball.

Hearing his question she stopped wrapping his arm biting her lip. "All the time, I was always the odd ball out of the family like I didn't fit into the family but was told every family had a black sheep."
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top