A Birth day - Page 96
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 96 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 96 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:28 pm

Ruby smiled at Edward and nodded " your right I shouldn't be nervous and I should focus on my trainning" she said and took a deep breath to rid herself of the thoughts "Okay I have to..oh I almost forgot there's a chair for the garden for Caprice to lay in, Angus bought it for her." she moved to the closet and pulled out the box and placed it in front of them " if you can't put it up I'll do it when I get home." she said opening the box to show the girls the swing chair for Caprice that Angus had bought. " Okay I have to head out I'll leave you be now, " she walked over to Anise and Ginger and hugged both together " see you guys later" she said and aperated to Paris headquaters.

Walking in she was greeted by Owens " morning " she said and began her trainning out in the outside coartyard.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4775

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:49 pm

"Not a problem. I'll get to it," Edward frowned. The girls stepped right up to take care of Caprice, and Edward took the hanging cradle outside and hung it. He saw just the right branch for it and he secured it there. Then he cast a line to protect the fish in the koi pond.

As Robert and Nigel got into the work on Angus shoulder, Nigel sighed.

"That boy must be all rough and tumble," Nigel said. "he's made a right bloody mess out of himself. Does he have any idea how ripped up this is?"

"No. He does not," Robert said. "I didn't know it was, exactly, this bad myself until just now."

"Well, you're not going to be done in an hour, Robert. We're going to be here a little."

As they were into the second hour, Robert looked up at Marcus.

"Go send a word to Edward and Ruby. We're going to need another hour before we're done here, and then he's going to need a little to wake up. We let home at 5 am, started at 6, thought we'd be done at 7, but it's going to be closer to 9 am when we wrap this up, and by the time he has a change to get awake, it will very probably be closer to ten by the time we can bring him home. Make absolutely certain you tell them that everything is going exceptionally well, but its taking longer than we thought."

Marcus left the surgery, looked at the clock and saw it was just about ten minutes til eight in the morning. He went over to the floo and opened it and asked for Edward.

"I'm here, Marcus. What's up?" Edward asked.

"Thought you'd like to know," Marcus said. "Robert's repairing Angus's shoulder. Its actually going very very well, but it's needing a lot of little fine detail work, so that all takes time and precision. We started at six, and he really did think it was only going to be an hour, but it's going to be closer to 9 am before he can wind this up. And he wants to give Angus just a wee bit to get his eyes open before he tries to get him on his feet. The minute we can get him home, we absolutely will."

"Sounds like Robert thought it was going to be a quick, in and out, minor thing, and it has not going that way at all," Edward replied.

"I think there was more damage than he thought, and it sounded like some of it has perhaps been old damage from previous injuries. Robert wants to get to all of it because he doesn't believe Angus will be that easy to bring back in to do it in multiple layers. I think he'd rather do as much as he can this time."

"Well," Edward laughed, "Robert might be exactly right about that. I guess if he has to have more done later, you'll have to rely on Ruby and me to motivate him to get it done, then."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:05 pm

Ruby did her training smiling as she finished with a smiling Owens, She then remembered Anise's wish while she was there and what Angus had said and she walked down to a local cafe ordered a Diabolo and looked around she took out her mugle camera and took photos of the area along with some statues that sat close by then she finished her drink and headed to an alley making sure nobody could see her aperate to Saint-Tropez to take more photos and pick up some souvenirs for the girls, which were two Sézane’s Coeur Charms, Infinity Cuff Bracelets for both girls along with an I'm Bilingual I Cry In French And English Baby Vest for Caprice.

Once done she aperated back to the duplex and saw Edward talking to the floo " everything okay?" she asked placing down her bag down as she looked at Edward . Not seeing any worry she relaxed knowing everything was okay.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:18 pm

"They're fine," Edward said. "Well, I heard from Marcus just a few minutes ago. Robert did take him to St. Mungo's, and it sounds like he thought he was just going to set the bone and do a quick repair on the cartilage and the ligaments, but it's taking longer than he thought. Robert is wise enough to know that now that he has Angus captive, he'd better get as much done as he can this time.

"Marcus says they started on time at six, and he expects it will be closer to nine when they finish. Then, he really does want to give Angus a little bit to wake up and get his wits about him. It sounds like he thought he was going to do a quick repair and ended up up to his eyeballs in full shoulder reconstruction. If that's what happened, we might not have to watch Angus quite so closely for a week or two because it may actually take him a couple of weeks to recover because it sounds like Robert expected a minor repair and ended up doing a major surgery. I think we should find Andrew and let him know because I don't know if Robert will want some sort of special preparations or not. Frankly, I don't know of anyone who is discharged in less than three days after, but Marcus insisted that Robert's plans are to have him home, hopefully by around ten, and that's just under two hours from now. Any objection to my sending a message to Andrew so that we can start a few preparations before Angus gets here?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:28 pm

Ruby stood and listened to Edward let her know her suspishions were right that Angus was at St Mungos. But she just smiled and nodded " okay, I'll give the girls their gifts and develop the photos for Anise becuse theres no point in worrying until the is something to worry about , right?" she said and chuckled " oh how'd the girls do with Caprice, she good for them?" she asked picking up the bag again.

She moved to the garden that Angus had made and smiled seeing them sat out with Caprice in the swing basinette not up. " thank you Edward" she said smiling " it looks great." she walked over to the girls and sat down " I return with gifts " she said chukaling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:56 pm

"Gifts? For us," Ginger looked up.

"I asked her to take some pictures of Paris," Anise said.

"Oh! Good thinking," Ginger said. "Thank you so much. We've never really had many presents. It wasn't something our pack did, unless it was food. So, right now, presents are still a really exciting thing. Thank you for thinking of us."

"I didn't have to do one little thing," Edward said. They were all about it. They have completely accepted her as their little sister, and they take their responsibilities about that very seriously. You would never need to worry about leaving her with them. They've learned very well about how to take care of a baby--especially Ginger. Anise is right. She has some sort of rare give with little ones, a gift for calming and soothing. She may turned out to have some natural healing abilities, I think." He scribbled a note and sent it by paper bird to Andrew.

It was only a moment before he apparated over, knocked, and came in.

"So, it was a bigger job than Robert thought," Andrew said. "Doesn't surprise me one bit. Alright, so this surgery can be particularly painful, and the most important thing for the next day or so is to keep him comfortable. Most of the patients I've worked with have a miserable time laying flat for the first several days because lying flat increases the sensation of pressure and pain and it can also increase swelling and pressure on the suture.

"So, he will be more comfortable sitting up, even while he's sleeping. There are some things we can do to anticipate Robert. There are some magical wraps that I can get sent that are designed to stay cold, much like an ice pack but far lighter weight than the muggles cold wraps. This one will magically shape itself to where we put it, and it won't add any pressure to the shoulder or his upper arm and will stay cold as long as we want it to. I can also enchant it to stay cold for twenty minutes and stop chilling for twenty and to repeat as long as I want it to. That will help decrease pain. That, and I am absolutely positive, he will need some powerful pain potions for a bit. He may well sleep today. We'll need some additional pillows because we'll need to put a pillow or two under his arm to take the pressure off his shoulder. Robert will have him in a brace and a sling, and a pillow will help.

"He's not going to be bathing or getting it wet for at least a week, probably two. I can get him a no rinse body wash and a no rinse shampoo that will keep him clean as long as we need, or we can cast a refreshing spell. Frankly, though, most people want to feel like they've washed up.

"We will need to really push fluids today because if he's tired and sleepy, he's not going to be interested in eating or drinking, but the fluids are important. Anything he'll drink will be fine. I know I saw a recipe in his own cookbook for a lovely broth that was based on a beef stock, with red wine, and some garlic and onion, some worcestershire and some other things. I bet we could make it or we could get Nicky to. He also has made Angus' recipe of those wonderful little bite sized, square savory biscuits out of Hawaiian sweet bread dough. Those would be perfect to give him something to nibble on. I bet we could either find that recipe or get Nicky to make some. Simone is quite the baker. Maybe she'd help.

"And he is absolutely going to be forbidden to lift anything with that hand until Robert says otherwise. So, hopefully, he's not going to want to go thrash James for a little. I think, for today, and maybe tomorrow, he's going to need to rest. After that, we shall have to find ways to keep him from being bored."

"If he turns out to be more comfortable in a bed than in his recliner, we can move his recliner temporarily to the basement and put in an adjustable bed so we can adjust his position til he's comfortable."

"Well, whatever you need, you get the bills to me," Edward said. "I'll pay it. Money isn't an object. If he needs it, we'll get it. Do you know the broth recipe Andrew is talking about, Ruby?"

"It's in that handwritten cookbook of his. As I recall, it was in sort of a weird place, like he thought about it, added it and intended to put it in the right place in the book later," Andrew said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:25 am

Ruby smiled at the girls and handed them each two packages and two framed pictures of paris along with a mall folder with severval other smaller ones " im no expert phatographer but I hope you like them" she said as she waited for their reaction. Seeing Andrew enter the duplex and start talking to Edward she excused herself  from the girls checking Caprice as she passed and smiled at how peaceful she looked sleeping before heding in doors to listen to Andrew talk of how to get things ready for Angus when he returned from the Hospital .

" I know where the extra pillows are " she said then listened further as Edwrad said to get the special bed for him " please do I'll have Jack move the recliner down when I catch him to make room." she told him. She then listened to them talk of a soup and she chukled " yes, I think its called bone broth, yeah weird name, but its filled with good things for healing " she said moving to show them the recipy in the note book " I belive he's used it several times on the other members." she handed the book to Edward and then looked to Andrew "Any thing you feel tht would make his recovery comfotable and quiker , please get." she told him then looked at Edward " I can go halves on the equipment too" she added. It was now she spotted Jack walking out of the main house " hold that thought " she said to both men " JACK!! we need your assistance" she called out to him and he walked over quickly " could you move the recliner down into the basment please."

Jack hearing Ruby call him walked over and heard her request " of course" he said and moved to it picking it up as if is weight nothing he carried it down and placed it in a courner of the basement so that if the girls wanted to use it it ws still acessable for them. Ruby looked to Andrew " Now we just need the bed" she said and accioed a broom to clean the floor where the recliner had been and gathered dust under it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:48 am

The girls looked through the pictures, pointing out some little things to each other but they were so excited they went through them the first time rather quickly so that they could see what was in them.

"These are fabulous," Ginger was like a little kid with her excitement, and so was Anise. "I want to go through them all, one at a time. I don't want to miss anything. Does anybody have a magnifying glass we can use so we can look at them closer?

"These are great," Anise said. "You have to take more. Lots more."

"Please," Ginger corrected her sister.

"Oh. Yes. I'm sorry---please," Anise corrected herself.

"I'll go place an order for him," Andrew said.

"And, Ruby, I presume that it would be alright if I used the boys' room for several nights to that I can be closeby. I am not going to leave him for the first few days. I would expect that Robert may also want either Jess or Brian to pull some shifts too. He is not going to leave him without trained medical staff for at least the first two or three days. He will surely have around the clock staff in the house. We can use the boys' room for whoever might need to catch a little shut eye.

"And we have three empty guest rooms at our place, so between both places, we have sleeping spaces, easily, for eight. We can add more beds someplace if we need to," Edward said.

"I doubt we'll need that much, but I appreciate the offer," Andrew said. "I'm going to go place the order. He went to order supplies. Edward looked at Ruby.

"It might benefit us to talk to Robert, presuming he comes to help get Angus settled, about keeping Marcus on through the first few days of this. Those two are becoming fast friends, I think, and he has never really made close mates with anyone other than Brian and, now, Marcus. Marcus doesn't talk about his espionage days, but he seems like he has been through a lot of the battle trauma and espionage trauma that Angus has experienced in working for Robert. I think Marcus identifies with it, and he understands it because he's been there and done that himself. And I think his strength has been a huge help to Angus right now. When Marcus says he has Angus's back, Angus trusts that he does.  It will definitely help for us to try to be around when he's awake to keep him anchored. I'll get with Kate and see if we can shut up your folks in his ear at night. Maybe we can do some tinkering with his dreamless sleep potion too so his rest is actually worth the effort. Shall I ask Simone if she can make some of those little savory biscuits and help you with that wine broth he likes? Oh, and one more thing. You need to let us know what you need. If you need us to clean or cook or do laundry or order groceries, you speak up. This is what we stayed in England for. We wanted to be close to family, to be useful. My other kids and grandkids are only interested in how much money I can give them. Angus has never once asked me for money. Not one time in his entire life, not even as a boy. I would not miss being part of his life and the life of his little family for all the money in the world."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:57 am

Ruby looked at Anise and chucled " of course when ever Im in Paris I'll try and grab some shots for you" she said to Ginger, "the gifts are my way of saying thank you for looking after and doing a wondeful job with Caprice" she said smiling a she glanced at Andrew and Edward " I just need to talk to Edward so will leave you to open the two boxes" she said smiling.

Moving over to Andrew and Edward she heard them talking and then nodded "Sure there not due home yet anyway and hopefully by the time they are he'll be somewhat back to normal." she said then looked to Edward as he began to talk again she nodded "Thank you, Right now this is a little overwhelming but I know hes got good people behind him and helping him." She said smiling as she moved to Edward and hugged him. " Im also guessing we'll have to let the girls know about Angus's operation too"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:04 am

"Yes. We should," Edward said. "And, to be fair, once he's home and we can see for ourselves that he's alright, then we need to send a letter to the boys and tell them the truth. They already understand that some of the regular tasks here on the estate can be risky, and that sometimes, with farm work, things just happen. They already know that Angus takes risks all the bloody time because his job, whether he's working on the estate or whether he's fighting, carries some physical risk. We need to tell them how he was hurt and tell him about the surgery and that he's home and doing well but that it could well be some time before he's 100 percent again."

Angus woke, uncertain where he was. It was blurry, and his thinking was fuzzier than his vision. And he hurt. Damn. He really hurt.

"Well, welcome back, Sleeping Beauty," Marcus teased very gently. "Robert thought you might sleep for a little longer. Clearly he was wrong. How do you feel?"

"Hurts like a sonofa..." Angus began.

"Steady. I'll let them know."

"Where am I?"

"Back in the same place, room 312, and no, I'm not going anywhere." He reached over and rang the bell to summon someone. A moment later, Nigel came in. He was showered and changed into black work trousers and a dark gray button down that was unbuttoned at the neck. He came over to Angus, who was confused at seeing Nigel.
"Nigel?" he asked

"It's been many a year since I was the assisting and not the primary surgeon, but Robert just did some of the finest reconstruction I've ever seen. He'll be here in just a moment or two," Nigel said. "He's not gone very far, believe me. You are his only priority today. How are you feeling."

"He's in a lot of pain," Marcus spoke up.

"Yes, and that would be completely normal. I'll try a pain relief spell for now so we can, hopefully get you home, Angus, within the next 30-45 minutes, depending on how you do. If that doesn't work, we'll use a pain potion but that means we'll be carrying you home."

"I don't care. Just get me home," Angus said.

"Understood," Nigel said. "You're going to sleep for a little, and then we'll get you home." He cast a pain relief spell, and it sent Angus into a deep sleep. "That boy is not himself," Nigel frowned at Marcus. "He's tight as wax."

"Yes, and he has several good reasons. He'll be better once he's home."

"Well, I bloody well hope so. His vitals are still an utter mess, even with our stabilizing spells, and he needs some sleep. Does he always get like that here?"

"No. He doesn't. He's had multiple attempts on his life and threats to the lives of his children, and he had some sort of nightmare last night that left him really rattled, beyond normal."

"Ah. Now that makes a lot more sense," Nigel nodded. "Why don't you get his clothes out, and we'll work on getting things straightened around to get him home?"

Andrew's order arrived, and they sent a pair of men to move the parts to the bed in and get them assembled. When Andrew saw the bed parts, he noticed straight away it was not the bed he had ordered. He took a look at the purchase order and saw that Robert had overridden Andrew's order and had ordered a much more deluxe bed. It was a top of the line bed that was designed to not look at all like a hospital bed. These were used by the very wealthy. Andrew wasn't sure why Robert had ordered the upgrade but it was easily six times the cost of a normal hospital bed. And with it was everything that Andrew had ordered and more.

When the bed was assembled, it looked like any other top of the line twin sized bed. Robert had also ordered them to enchant it with a spell to increase the comfort of the bed. By the time all of that was done, Andrew had found a supply cart that he had borrowed from the kitchen with Nicky's full permission, and he had pressed it into service to hold all the supplies Angus was going to need. Andrew went upstairs, got out linens and made up the bed and turned it down so that it was ready for Angus. He was sure Ruby could bring several pillows and find pillowcases for them. There was also a folding privacy screen so that Angus did not have to be taken upstairs for changing his clothes, etc.

Then Andrew unpacked the pajamas Robert had ordered and saw that there were several special tee shirts there as well. They were quite stylish and extra soft to be comfortable. They were short sleeved and long sleeved tees with front zipper closures, but the shoulders completely unzipped so there would be no struggle with the sleeves at all. There were several and in various neutral colors. Andrew laid on tee out and went upstairs and got out one of Angus's pairs of pajama trousers. He could either bring more down later or have Ruby bring some down.

Finally he looked at Ruby. "I think we've done all we can til he gets here, which should be any time now."

At St. Mungo's, Marcus and Robert and Nigel had taken care of helping Angus dress, and Marcus had actually just signed Angus's name to the release paperwork rather than bothering Angus with it. Angus was only semi awake, and that was the best that they were going to manage right now. Robert and Nigel did very precious little moving of his shoulder and they had immobilized it completely, binding his arm to his chest for now. The spells and potions they'd give Angus kept him from caring. Angus cared about two things--first, he wanted Marcus with him at all times. And, he wanted to go home, and not necessarily in that order.

When they finally got Angus up, Marcus had a firm hold on Angus on his good side and was supporting most of Angus's body weight, and Robert and Nigel had a tight hold on the side they'd just spent three solid hours repairing. Angus was groggy enough that he was leaning heavily on Marcus, apologizing for doing it, but Marcus quietly calmed him and reassured him. Robert apparated them straight into the living room of the duplex.

"Good. It's here and set up. I was hoping it would be," Robert said, seeing the bed was ready. "He's alright, Ruby. He's really groggy, but he's good. He did very, very well. Give us just a moment with him." They helped him change into pajama trousers and one of the new tees and then tucked him into bed and adjusted the position so he was sitting up at about a 40 degree angle so he could be comfortable and could sleep.

"Ruby, can we get something in his stomach?" Robert asked. "Nothing heavy. Fluids would do for now. I just don't want him to go much longer without anything at all because I have a new potion blend for him, and he'll do better with it with something in his stomach. His thinking is a wee bit slow right now, but that'll get better rather quickly. He was pretty antsy while he was away from you and the kids, so now that he's home, he may settle enough that he can rest."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top