A Birth day - Page 87
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 87 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 87 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 87 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:21 am

Jess , Jack , Jessie, and Yu long all chuckled at Michael mentioning more doughnuts "I peronaly will head to Diagon ally tomorrow and start hunting" Jessie said as he finished his cider and placed the cup on a tray to send back into the main house. Yu looked at Robert

"I will make sure hes not there all day and is back in time for his patrol " he said also placing down his glass on the table. Jess helped Jack up then looked to Robert.

"well Jack can't do much of anything right now like Angus." Jess said as Jack regained his balance from standing " two days and he could go and check out the man with the shipping company" Jack nodded as he took a slowldeep breath in and moved to head into the house. Ruby just stayed sat quiet sipping her cider and enjoying the still night air along with the warmth of the fire as it crackled in front of her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4224

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:35 am

Robert didn't say anything. Jess was being far too overprotective of Jack. It wasn't healthy at all for Jack to be doing nothing. If Jess continued to forbid Jack from doing anything and made him sit all day until he healed, Jack was going to get pneumonia from not breathing deeply enough. And if that happened, Robert was going to discipline Jess like there was no tomorrow. He was getting frustrated by her choices because they couldn't both treat Jack for his ribs when they had such differing opinions. That wasn't fair to Jack at all. Either Robert was going to be in charge of Jack's care or she was. And if he was, she couldn't keep countermanding his instructions to Jack. If she wanted to care for him, he would let her make the choices, but then she would also be responsible for the consequences.

"Alright," Robert said. "Let's give this a couple days and you lot send me paper birds or tell me what you have and when enough of us have some sort of response on our tasks, we'll come back together and do this again. Remember, though the threat has doubled, so stick close to each other. Keep your eyes and ears open. We cannot any longer presume that the threat only exists off the estate. We must be on our guard even here. Understood? Feel free to sit out here and enjoy the fire and the refreshments as long as you like. I must go see Ginger. I hope to get her out of that dismal little sickbay and to her new family very, very soon. You're good with her coming soon, Angus and Ruby?"

"The sooner, the better," Angus said.

"That's good with me, then," Robert said. "I'm back to work. The rest of you, take the night off. I'll see you tomorrow." He disappeared back into the house.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22695
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:42 am

Jess looked at Robert and chuckled " hes going to the barn to check the animals , hes not sitting around" Jess told him " he might be sore but hes keeping moving just as you recomended " she said to Robert " as you said movment is the best thing for damaged ribs" she told him smiling as she watched Jack walk out with his jacket on and groan .

"you didn't tell him I was going to sit down right?" he asid and Jess nodded " don't belive her shes got me walking around and now Im off to the barn to check the animals and maybe feed the bowtruckle." he said chukaling softly as he made his way across to the barn.

Ruby looked at Robert as he spoke and nodded " I agree with Angus, the sooner this is over the better" she said and looked to Angus " you head back and get some rest, I have to get Caprice, we'll be home in a bit" she said and stood up placing down her half empty glass on the tray before moving ti pick it up and take it inside to the kitchen. She chuckled seeing Caprice playing with Molly and Abby happily giggling away to herself as the two of them pulled faces at her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:31 am

Robert gave them a smile and headed inside to take care of Ginger.

"Thanks," Angus told Ruby. "The pain potion helps, but I really just want to go home."

"I'll go with him," Edward said to her. He walked Angus home, and Edward found a note from Andrew, saying that he had gotten a request to help Angus with a shower and his brace and his sling in the morning. He said he would be over at his usual time and would be more than happy to help him. He left a PS on the note. It read: "PS: I think it'll be alright to take the sling off at bedtime tonight if you're really uncomfortable, but you really should leave the brace on. We'll put it back on tomorrow."  

Edward helped Angus change to his lounge trousers and they just left the tee shirt he had from earlier. Edward cast a refreshing spell on it so it was minimally clean for bed tonight at least.

"You look like you could sleep a little," Edward said.

"No, I don't want to sleep," Angus said. "I'm so sick of that hussy breaking into my dreams. I don't ever want to sleep again."

"How about I make you some dreamless sleep potion? I can amp up the dreamless part so that she can't possibly break into your dreams. That has to be exhausting."

"It is," he said. "God, it feels like I go through the motions of sleeping but I wrestle all damned night long." Edward looked at him.

"When Ruby gets here, I'll go over and..."

"Please don't hover," Angus said. "I'll be okay for that long."

"You sure?"

"I have a couple loose ends. I can't go yet, as much as I might want to," Angus confessed softly. Edward frowned slightly. And then it occurred to him.

"Ah. Anise and Ginger. They're so new you haven't provided for them. You're not obligated to, you know.'

"Yeah. I know," Angus said.

"But you will,' he said.

"Werewolves live in poverty their whole damned lives unless they fall into some good situation like Jack and Jessie have. Yeah, I'll provide for them, like all the other kids," Angus said.

"You're a good man, Angus," Edward said. "Ruby chose well when she chose you."

"I don't know that I'd agree with you these days," he said. "It was all too short and she deserved better than me."

"Don't let her hear those kinds of goodbyes. It's way premature for that. It isn't the only plan on the table."

"Gathering information doesn't get rid of her," Angus maintained.

"Well, your plan isn't 100% foolproof either, and tonight you're tired and hurting. You couldn't win at tiddlywinks tonight."

"I didn't ever win at them either," Angus said. "I always overshot the wink--sailed right over that damned pot."

"Well, good," Edward laughed. "Some new game I can make a wager with you and gain a little pocket money."

"Probably a lot of pocket money," Angus's eyes fluttered shut

"That's even better," Edward said, knowing Angus was in just a very light doze. He wrote a note and sent it to Robert on a paper bird telling him about Suzanne still invading his dreams and making him sleep deprived and anxious about sleeping. A few minutes, Pip flew over with a potions bottle. This was a dreamless sleep potion that instead of being a lavender colored potion, was a deep, dark purple. It was labeled Dreamless Sleep X3, and it gave instructions about giving just 5 milliliters swirled into at least a potions cup of hot water. Tea or caffeine free coffee could be used. Edward took a little of the iced tea from the fridge and added the potion into it and heated it

He woke Angus and took him upstairs and helped him into bed and gave him the potion. Angus never knew it wasn't one of Edward's own potions. He just took it. Tonight, Edward thought Angus looked like he'd been bullied and battered. He felt sorry for him, remembering how many times he had looked just like this as a little boy, and Angus hadn't even tried to reject Edward's parenting. He just accepted it.

The last time Edward had seen Angus look this way was the night that Angus had needed Marcus to hang onto him and keep him alive when Angus was hanging onto a single tree on the inside of what had looked to them like a bottomless pit. Angus had been iron firm that he wasn't leaving until all 19 of Edward's great grandchildren had been rescued and were safe. Marcus had stayed right with Angus, had coached Angus back from giving up, and had hauled him out of the abyss. That night it had been Marcus who had brought Angus home and who had helped bring him some relief by slipping some dreamless sleep potion into some tea. Marcus had had him that night. Marcus had him still, and so did the others, even if Angus still felt committed to his own plan. Angus wasn't able to see the light yet, but Edward was sure that would come. Right now, he needed someone to provide some quiet nurturing, and Edward certainly knew how to do that.

Edward pulled up the blankets as Angus slipped deeply into a dreamless sleep. Edward turned down the lights but didn't turn them completely off. He checked the balcony door locks and made a check to make sure the house was completely secure, hearing Simone arriving home from helping to clean up the refreshments at the firepit. She looked and saw Edward at the bottom of Angus's stairs. She came in and didn't see Angus.

"Everything alright?" she asked. "Where's Angus?"

"Asleep. That wench is still after his sleep too. Robert sent over dreamless potion, and Angus didn't even try to resist. He's out like a light."

"Poor boy," Simone sighed. "I am so very glad you are not in Tuscany tonight."

"Even if I had been, I'd have come. He needs me right now."

"He certainly does," she agreed. "I'll stay with you til Ruby and David get back if you like."

"No, go ahead. I'll sit and read the newspaper for a little. I missed it today in all the excitement. They'll be home soon." He kissed Simone's forehead. "I'll be home shortly."

"Take your time, love," she smiled, caressing his cheek, and going to change into her pajamas.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22695
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:15 pm

Ruby smiled at Angus and listened to him say he needed to rest " its okay" she said lightly touching his cheek as she then moved inside to speack with Shannon and Nicky and to collect Caprice from her playdate. Jack and Jess both sat in the living room well Jess sat Jack paced as he felt like he'd done enough sitting after he'd returned from the barn.

"thank you Shannon and Nicky for looking after Caprice." she said " hope she wasn't any trouble" she chuckled when they said she was not and she gathered the baby bag and Caprice. Holding her so she could look around as they said their good byes and headed back to the duplex. Entering the duplex she saw Simone and Edward.

" how is he?" she asked " realy? no don't tell me let me guess she's still at it and thats why hes been the way he is?" she asked keeping her voice low so not to wake Angus or seem annoyed. which she wasn't she set Caprice down on her play mat and looked at them both.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:24 pm

"He's asleep," Edward told her. "Yeah, she's still at it, because he's tired--really tired, but he also said he honestly doesn't want to sleep again, and I'm sure I'd feel the same way. He's sick and tired of her. Robert wants to put a stop to the sleep deprivation, and I'm really glad. He sent him over a triple strength, concentrated, dreamless potion. I put the bottle in the kitchen cabinet. Be sure to read the label if you ever need to get it for him. It's very powerful stuff. I've brewed the regular strength myself, but I've never seen one that is both concentrated and triple strength. Needs diluted in hot water to use. I mixed him some in just a potions cup of hot tea, and now he's asleep. I know that's not the only thing that's bothering him but it sure doesn't help. It's a lot easier to handle things when you're not sleep deprived. With a potion like this one, Robert means to completely shut out any possibility that whoever is helping Suzanne to be able to infiltrate his sleep isn't able to do that tonight. Maybe she'll learn. It's one thing for her to tinker with Angus, but if she thinks she can much with Robert and win, she has no idea who she's dealing with.

"Now, so you know, this potion lasts anywhere from 8-10 hours because it is designed to insure deep, restorative sleep, so you may not see him stir until anywhere from 5 am-7 am. I know you're used to seeing him up and going again after maybe four or five hours. This is not going to work that way. He's actually going to get a full night's sleep for a change.

" Oh, and Andrew left a note. Robert evidently set Andrew up to come help Angus shower and dress in the morning, and Andrew sent a note for the two of you that he would be here at his normal time.

"But you know he thinks he has to stop Suzanne, whatever it takes, and it's a damned difficult thing to try to force yourself to do a kamikaze mission when its the last thing you want to do. He has no desire to leave us, or to feel that the only way to stop her is make damned sure she goes once and for all by setting up a situation that neither of them could possibly survive from. He's not actually suicidal at all. It doesn't even rank high enough on his list to be the last thing he wants. He hates it even more than that, but he does feel hopelessly trapped. To Robert's credit, he did not allow anyone to hammer at him tonight and tell him he can't do what he's thinking. All that would have done would have been to just shove him even farther away, and I did not want him to get to the place where not even you or I would have been able to reach him. I was prepared to take him out if it had all gone off the rails. If he were in a talking mood, he'd surely tell us that his idea purely stinks. Right now, he has the best life he's ever had, and the last thing he wants is to give it up before its even really gotten started.

"Between you and me? I'm not the sort of healer that Robert or Khaat or jess or Brian all are. I know quite a few healing spells and some potions, but even I can see that what's caused him this sort of deep fatigue is a combination of two things--sleep deprivation, and mental or emotional exhaustion. She's just worn him down completely by never giving him one moment's peace. And, let's be honest. It's gone on for weeks now since Reginald died. She did not have the ability to do this to you or Jessie or anyone else when she was with your dad. She does, however, have the money and the connections now, since marrying Gelding, to buy the magical devices or hire the people to just destroy him day by day and bit by bit. My best guess is that she can't get to him any other way but this. She can't beat him in a fair fight because he's just too damned well trained. You saw her spellcasting. She's bloody pitiful. He'd wipe the floor with her if she tried to go up against him. I think by just hammering and hammering and hammering at him, she hopes to eventually destroy him this way. And now, for whatever reason, he's seeing the ghost of your dad too? He's not a seer, so that just isn't in his wheelhouse to be comfortable with. I mean, that's not unheard of. Even muggles see ghosts from time to time. I have no idea what Reginald is on about, but he needs to shut it too.

"The best thing right now that could happen is that we found a way to stop her from harassing the shit out of Angus, to shut her the hell up, and then get him away for a bit of a holiday. Maybe just go home to Tuscany for a little. Or take one of the ships and sail the Mediterranean for a few days. Anything to stop all of this insane amount of pressure. In the meantime, for tonight, why don't you let Simone and I take the baby so that you can both get a quiet night's rest? He's not going to wake up, and even if he did, David certainly will hear him. If you need anything at all, you wake us."

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:53 pm

Ruby sat patiantly and listened to Edward as he spoke long and pashonatly about what was happening to Angus. Ruby could not disgree she wated the old happy Angus back, the one that laid with her and looked at the milkyway in the sky above , the one who she had met on the yaght trip they had shared. " is there no charm or hex we could use on them both to stop them even getting close to Angus even in his dreams?" she asked as she glanced at Caprice.

When he spoke of not seeing Angus until much later after he ushaly woke she nodded totaly understading why. " that ption packs a punch and I unerstand , I'l let Anise know so she to dosn't wory about him." Ruby said then loked to Simone when Edwrad said they should take Caprice for the night " only if you feel its a good idea, I don't want to put you out" she said " but I do understand why she should stay with you tonight, so theres peace for Angus to rest, right?" she said softly.

Glancing at them both she noded " All right , I'l get a bag and several bottes made , but she des slep thre thenight, shes good that way." Ruby said with a smile. " speaking of Anise, where is she, is she visiting Ginger?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:22 pm

[decided to just move on til morning]

"No, I think she came back with David and Simone, and she's probably in her room. I think I saw her wanting to help with cleaning up the refreshments. She's not with Simone because Simone went to shower and get into her pajamas. I thought I saw David taking Finn for a bath. I don't know what happened there, but I'm sure we'll find out. I checked all the locks after Angus went to sleep, and I'm certain that David will check them again." He went over and picked up the baby who was starting to look like she was getting ready to start getting fussy. "Ah, somebody's sleepy. I'll get her fed and into her pj's too. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for all of us," He said. "Goodnight, Ruby." He picked up the baby bag and went over to his house.

Andrew arrived the next morning at 5 am, let himself in very quietly, and he made coffee and tea and then he set in to make some breakfast. He had brought with him some of Zoe's fresh and warm banana nut streusel muffins and some fruit salad, made a frittata with ham and swiss cheese and caramelized onions. and while that was baking he got out some plates and mugs. He had not made much noise, wanting to let people sleep.

David came downstairs dressed in a black business suit, and just as he reached the bottom of the stairs, there was a knock on the door. David seemed, to Andrew, as if he had expected it. He answered the door. It was Marcus, and he was dressed in jeans and a beige pullover sweater, with the sleeves pushed up.

"Any trouble?" Marcus asked.

"No, not a peep," David said. "Anything I need to know?"

"High heeled shoes--bad. Werewolves--worse," Marcus teased.

"Got it," David laughed. "See you later." David headed over to the main house, and Marcus went over to help himself to coffee.

"So, we had a changing of the guard?" Andrew asked.

"Yes," Marcus replied. "I'm a lot closer to Angus than David is. Nothing against David in the least, but we thought perhaps it would ease his stress a little."

"Good thought," Andrew said. "Ruby is usually an early riser, so I expect her to be up any time."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:43 pm

Ruby heard Edwrad and nodded she knew he would feel and be beter after a good sleep. Hearing Caprice become crabby sh chuckled " al right, night and slep well guys" she said then headed up to their room and as quiet as she could changed and slipped into bed to sleep.

Waking she could see Angus still out like a light and smiled , leaning genty ove she kissed his cheek then slipped from the bed to dress. Walking downstairs she has now dressed in slacks a light blouse and a light cardigan covering her arms. " oh morning Marcus. David." she said walking over to make herself some coffe " Angus is still out like alight." she said " Edwrad told me last night not to expect him awake until between 5 am and 7 am " she pored out a cup and moved to sit on the couch.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:25 pm

"Morning," Andrew and Marcus both told her.

"David and I switched places today," Marcus said. "You know that Robert does believe in cross training, and it makes sense with David and I both being protection agents. David is going with Khaat today, so you're all stuck with me today." Marcus did not explain how it had actually happened. Marcus had approached David and was concerned that he needed to be closer to Angus for at least today, so they had chosen to simply switch places, and Robert and Khaat had approved. The cross training had actually been an additional consideration, but it had been the concern for Angus that had initiated it.

"Robert mentioned the sleeping potion," Marcus said. "That's alright. And I was warned he might be a little groggy when he wakes, but that's fine too. we've all felt like that at one time or another when we needed a bit of a gentle start to..." At that moment there was a crash that came from the master bedroom, like glass breaking, and Marcus raced up the steps before anyone else could even react. Andrew was right behind him.

Angus was sitting upright in the bed, and there was a wet spot on the wall, with broken glass and some flowers scattered across the bed. Angus was staring at the bedroom mirror. Written in one of Ruby's lipsticks were the words: "Don't let her win."

"You alright, Mate?" Marcus asked. Angus had been jolted hard out of a dead sleep, and Marcus was already figuring out that Angus had not hurled a vase of flowers at himself. Was it Ruby's father who was now hurling things at Angus to get his attention? Well, if that was the case, Kate needed to have a strong word with Mr. Benjamin Tyler. Marcus went over to Angus and drew the covers off him towards Ruby's side of the bed so that it moved most of the glass that way. Andrew came over and started checking Angus to make sure that, outside of some glass on the pillows and in his hair, he looked unharmed.

"Sorry, Angus, that's a really crappy way to wake up. Sit still. We'll get a broom and get the glass swept up so you can shower," Andrew said.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 87 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top