A Birth day - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 6 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:00 pm

Yu smiled and listened to Angus and Edward talk He nodded to Angus. Ruby heard Abby and turned to Kate " im sorry Abby, She's sleeping." she said and sat down moving the blanket Caprice was wrapped in to show Abby her. "Im sure she'll love your gift" she said smiling at Abby as she saw Kate take to her and lead her out the door. Jess wlked over and took Caprice placing her in the basinet.

"drink " she said handing her a cup of tea with potion in it. Ruby took the cup and sighed taking a small sip. Jess moved and got Caprices foot print. While the blanket was pulled back she smiled taking out a muggle phone and too several decent photos before wrapping her back up. " feel better?" she asked and Ruby nodded " good , now while shes sleeping you rest and get your energy back, and no that short nap you took won't count" she said before walking out the door and ovr to Robert. " you'll need these things " she said handing him the prints of Caprices foot prints and the mugle phone. " foot prints and pictures for registration and to send to the boys" she said smiling as she handed them to him and turned back to the house " please wish Michael a speedy recovery from his cold" she said and smiled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4775

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:01 pm

"Thank you," Robert said to Jess. He used a quick spell and duplicated the pictures and floated a set over to Angus, knowing Angus would surely be the one who wrote to the boys. "Yeah, I'll register it the next time I get in to work. I'll pass on your well wishes to Michael. I might just take the potion to him so I can see for myself if he needs anything else besides the cold potion. I doubt I'll be gone long, but if you need something, just summon me."

When the landscapers left, Edward went back to his side of the duplex and went up to his astronomy lab upstairs to work on a couple projects. With the photos in hand, Angus accio'd a box of stationery from the desk and sat down outside to write a letter to Sam and one to Victor to tell them the news. He knew the boys had spring break that was due to start in a few days, and he knew the boys would be chomping at the bit to get home. They had had no desire to return to school after their Christmas break, nad he didn't expect this to be any different. The boys had already pestered the daylights out of Angus, wanting Angus to be sure to ask the school if they could come home for the very first weekend after the baby was born.

To be honest, the boys only had two months left in their Hogwarts careers and then they would be graduating. The boys had talked of little else in their letters. they were anxious to get home. They expected they would have to get jobs and do something for a living, but they weren't exactly sure what they wanted to do. For his part, Angus was not going to rush them to know what they wanted to do for the rest of their lives. They had missed so much of a sense of what a decent family was like, and they both craved time at home for the first time in their lives. Angus had already talked to Robert about perhaps hiring the boys on the estate crew. There was always work in the barn, in the fields and the gardens, and a hundred other things. The new apartment building was being built, and there would be landscaping around that to do. Angus was sure he could keep them busy. Robert didn't object because he knew Angus could manage a crew, even if it did involve managing family members. Angus had answered the boys and told them that they could work anywhere they wanted, but he expected them to at least have a part time job over the summer months.

He duplicated the photos and included a set in Sam's letter and one in Victor's and put the ones Robert had given him in his pocket for now. He also sent a message to the boys' head of houses relaying the news and asking if he could get the boys for the weekend. It was a topic that he had already conveyed to their head of houses when the boys had returned to school after Christmas, and the school had reassured him back in January, when the question had come up, that if the boys wanted to come home for the weekend to see their new sister, they were certainly welcome to do so.

With four letters now written, Angus whistled for Archangel, and he sent the letters off to the school. He knew it would take time for the letters to arrive, so he didn't expect to hear anything until late tonight or in the morning at the soonest. As he was finishing sending Archangel off with the letters, a paper bird arrived from the main house from Zoe. The news of the birth of the baby had, of course, gone through the entire estate, and Zoe was sending word that she would send supper over to the duplex to Ruby and Angus so they could have what would, very likely, be their last quiet evening for quite awhile. Angus wrote a reply to her, thanking her for her kindness and accepting the offer.

Now, honestly, he wasn't particularly needed any place this afternoon. Robert surely did not expect him to be working in his office at the main house. Jess was surely taking care of Ruby, and Ruby was going to want to manage the baby for now. She would eventually get tired and want his help, but he did fully expect that he needed to step back for now and be elsewhere unless she told him otherwise.

He went back inside and put the stationery away and saw that Ruby was resting. Andrew was just putting the clean dishes from lunch away.

"Is there anything else I can do for you two?" Andrew asked him quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone.

"I can't think of a thing, Andrew. Thanks. I'm glad you were here," Angus said, smelling Simone's cookies from next door.

"If you need anything, just say the word. I'll be right over, then," Andrew said.

"I appreciate it," Angus said. "We'll do that."

"It's been two or three hours since Edward fed her. She's soon probably going to need fed again," Andrew told him, as he headed to the door to leave.

"I was planning on that," Angus said. "Thanks." He watched Andrew leave and prepared a fresh bottle for the baby, knowing that it might all feel magical to Ruby now, but feeding a newborn every 2-4 hours over the next week would surely make some of the magic disappear for her pretty quickly as the fatigue of it would all set in.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:14 pm

Jess nodded to Robert an headed back inside finding Ruby resting on the couch. She sat close by but didn't disturb her or Caprice looking up from her book when she heard Angus talking to Andrew. "We'll remeber Andrew thankyou, Angus, I'm sure Ruby would love to see you feed Caprice and it would be good daddy daughter bonding time " she said smiling hearing some movement from the basinet. Walking over she lifted Caprice and walked over to Angus placing her in his arms. "I'll be here if you need me" she said and moved back to continue reading her book. It ws now Jack walked in and smiled seeing Angus with Caprice.

"that sight warms the heart" he said softly movng to take alook at the new edition to the family " Hey, she has your nose and hair, congrates Angus" Jes walked over and moved Jack to sit with her"I bet Rubys exausted" he said softly as he glanced to the couch where she lay now sleping.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:45 am

"Okay. Thanks," Angus told Jess. He was glad to show Caprice to Jack, knowing that Jack and Jess were great parents and wouldn't hesitate to be a big part of Caprice's life as she grew up. "Thanks, Jack. Hopefully she's going to look more like Ruby than me as she gets a little older," Angus laughed. "I think she's got Ruby's eyes. Edward thinks she looks like her namesake too, my grandmother. He could be right. Ruby and my grandmother have the same mouth and the same eyes, I think. Hopefully, she's going to take the best parts of both of us." He saw that the baby was working hard to try to get all the milk she could get as fast as she could get it, but Angus knew better than to let her do that. He adjusted her and the bottle so that she had to settle a bit.

"I think she was born hungry," Angus laughed. "She's going to fit in here just fine. I'm sure you're right--I'm sure Ruby's pretty tapped. I would be too if I were her. I'm trying to just take my cues from Ruby for now because I know she's going to need time to bond and connect with the baby. I'll just fill in wherever she isn't up to dealing, at least for now. I'm sure we'll get into some sort of rhythm with it eventually. Did it take you and Jess much time to figure out what worked for you?"

Angus saw the bottle was empty, and he set it aside. The moment he set the bottle aside she started to squirm a bit, making some soft noises, not ready for the bottle to be quite empty yet. "Just like a Donohue" Angus laughed, "always wanting just a few more bites of whatever is served. Next time I make a bottle, I'll put just a tiny bit more in there in case she still thinks she wants a little more." He put her up on his shoulder to burp her, and felt a bit of spit up dribbling down his back. "Great," he sighed, "And I get your first spitting up too. You could have saved that for your mom, you know," he told her. "Don't even think you're going to give me your first stinky diaper too. You better divide that more evenly, Ralph."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:17 pm

Jess chuckled as did Jack at Angus's words " no not long at all" Jack told him " though like you at first I was terrified , perent hood is a scary thing but once you find your flo its great." he said " Jess was whiped at first all those sleepless nights but once they sleep threw the night, bliss" Jess looked at him and smiled but seeing the spit she stood up and picked up a small square of towling placing it over his shoulder she smiled.

"Thats what these are for as for the dyper thats what Jacks here for" she said seeing the look on his face then he chuckled at them both

"Hey I did it milion of times with ours and she'll definatly have the best of both of you and none of Rubys perents" he added " but don't do it all by your self a good suport group is the best for new perents, look around you, you have expireance and expertise all in one room and us too" he said motioning to where Robert, Kate and Edward and Simone all stood.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:08 pm

"Well, I don't know that I'm afraid of it," Angus said. "It's an adjustment since this time it's our own, mine and Ruby's, but i can't help being reminded of Abbey because I had her with me pretty much 24 hours a day for her first two or three months. Khaat was too ill, Brian and Kate were taking care of her, Robert was trying to get Khaat free of Rob, and it was all such a buggared up mess." When Jess put the cloth on his shoulder, he smiled. "Thanks, Jess. I should have grabbed one of those, but I figured I might luck out and she might not know how to spit up yet. Clearly, I was wrong. Wishful thinking, I guess." He listened as Jess and Jack pointed out all the support that was around them.

"Personally, I am very glad that I have so many experienced parents around. I'm sure Ruby will be too. I've watched how much Abbey has benefitted from having her grandparents and countless 'aunts and uncles' all around her. She's learned how to come out of her shell, she's learned boundaries and limits, she's learned who she's safe around, and she's learning respect very early. She's also ahead of a lot of kids her age in developmental tasks because of all the people that have been such a huge part of her life. Believe me, I am very glad that Ralph will have the same huge family around her to make sure she grows up on the right path.

"I sent word to her brothers, and I'm sure they'll be making a trip home this weekend to see her. They've already been sending me letters about moving home after graduation and expecting to help with her and hoping they're welcome to stay with Ruby and me for a bit. They have no clue what they're in for. They'll be all good with it until they have to contend with a diaper blow out. Then I'm sure they'll hand her back to me or her mom in short order."

(just fyi, robert, kate, simone and edward all went back to their houses awhile back. it should just be jack and jess and angus and ruby right now.)
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:22 pm

Jess chuckled as Angus spoke of Caprice not knowing how to spit up. " oh they know that from birth" she said softly with a chuckle as she sat back down with Jack. Jack smiled as Angus spoke of Rubys brothers being notified about their neice being born.

"thats good, more hands to help out" he said then laughed when he spoke of the dyper blow out " oh I know they will hand her back then." he said then stood up " well I should get back to work, my patrol time is oh now" he said and headed to the door. Jess smiled watching Jack head out and looked to Angus.

"if you want help just ask but I think you got it" she said checking Caprice one last time.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:47 pm

"Thanks," Angus said. "I'm glad both of you are here. I'm sure there is going to be a bit of a learning curve for both of us, so we're going to be glad to have some experienced folks around."

He checked Caprice's diaper and found she needed a fresh one. It didn't take him more than a moment to change her diaper. He swaddled her in a clean, lightweight blanket and then settled her into the basket. He knew that, with a full stomach, she was going to be sleepy soon, so he believed it would be a good time to get her to sleep. It wasn't more than just a few minutes before she fell asleep.

With the baby asleep, he fed Finn and let him outside. He had kept a couple of brand new, large rawhide bones put away in the pantry just for this occasion so that Finn had something to occupy his attentions for today. When Finn came back in, Angus gave Finn one of the bones, and Finn settled in to chew quietly on his bone. While the house was quiet, Angus decided to do a few sketches of what he thought perhaps he wanted to plant outside around the new trees.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:57 pm

Jess watched Angus change Caprice and lay her in the bassinet then let Finn out. She stayed with Ruby who sat reading but smiling a she looked at Angus as he looked after Caprice. Ruby set down the book and looked at Jess as she saw him leave the duplex with Finn.

"I want to do something for Angus, to show I appreciate how good of a father he's been so far," she asked Jess chuckled and smiled.

"Honestly he's good with Caprice, but make him breakfast in bed tomorrow." she said " but I think hes good with it, and just be a mom to Caprice" she said standing up " okay I'm off, congrate again and have a good night, wer just over there if you need us." she said moving to hug Ruby then pating Angus on the shoulder a she passed by him and left to head to the main house.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:15 pm

"Bye, Jess. Thanks for all your help," Angus told her. He finished his sketches and closed the sketch book and put them on the desk.

"I didn't wake you by taking Finn out, did I?" Angus asked Ruby. "Zoe sent a message that she's going to cook supper for us tonight. She has something special planned, but I don't have any idea what she's planning. It will be nice to have a quiet evening in, just the two of us. Well, three of us. You know what I mean." He poured himself a cup of coffee. "You want something hot to drink? I think there's still some tea hot in the pot and there's a cup or so left of coffee in the coffee pot."

"I did send letters to Sam and Victor," he told her. "You remember they made me promise to bring them home for the very first weekend after the baby was born. I fully expect them to want me to keep my word to them. We've got a couple days yet. Tomorrow is only Thursday. If you think that's going to be too much, though, you let me know, and I'll stall them. I honestly think they're going to want to come and help."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top