A Birth day - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 38 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:48 pm

Ruby watched Angus move to change Caprice then Simone took her to feed her. Ruby drank her hot chocolate not worried about Caprice since she knew and trusted her with Caprice. She watched as Angus took the boys outside to teach them some spellcasting leaving just her and David. She sat quietly and listened to him talk and chuckled.

"well yes and no, we had Andrew Angus's physiotherapist here, so we're use to someone being with us and we're all early risers, the boys thought, are heading back to Hogwarts soon, so it will be just Angus and me with Caprice." she told him " cooking is, well whoever is up first, Angus loves to cook as do I but we make it a first up cooks routine." she told him " as for anything else there isn't anything else unless you class the trips to Switzerland and Diagon alley for some supplies."

She heard him mention spending time with Jeffery and nodded " we're starting that tomorrow, Right now I need rest after that debacle my mother put me threw." she took a deep breath " sorry she's been a pain in our backs since Angus and I met, she's tried to kill Angus a countless number of times, she attempted to kidnap the boys and yeah she did something that enabled her to control me, that's what you walked in on, but thanks to Jeffery she's gone, for now." she sighed and drank her chocolate." its what Jeffery and I will be working on, prevention of her manipulating me again to harm us."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4246

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:05 pm

When Angus was finished with Robert, he and Edward finished with the boys, and they tentatively made plans to help the boys polish some of their spell work with using the floo and learning to apparate and to port. They were both enrolled in apparition classes at Hogwarts and they were halfway through them. They were doing alright, but in light of recent events, Angus and Edward both wanted the boys to be well ahead of schedule in terms of transportation spells and defensive spells. When Angus sent the boys to shower for the night, Angus and Edward both debated on whether they wanted the boys to start coming home perhaps every weekend or at least every other so they could continue working with them on their spellcasting. The boys would be returning to school tomorrow, much as Angus enjoyed having them home.

While the boys were showering and Ruby was meeting with David, Angus got some fresh clothes--some lounging trousers and a tee shirt, and used Edward's shower to clean up. Edward and Simone, of course, didn't mind a bit. Simone was spending some time with the baby, providing some stimulation for her, followed by some cuddling before she put her to sleep in the moses basket.

"Sounds like an early night might be a good idea then," David said. "I'm a light sleeper by nature, so if there is any disturbance, I am quite sure I will hear it. I think I have the general idea for tomorrow's schedule, so I won't keep you any longer. Marcus did mention that the dress code here is more casual than the usual business suits. He suggested jeans and a casual shirt. Is that the acceptable dress code here, or should I perhaps address that with Angus or Robert?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:19 pm

Ruby listened to David and nodded to him "that's fine with me." she looked over at Simone and smiled " thank you for looking after Caprice Simone, maybe you can teach me a few tricks " she said and chuckled as she smiled at the sleeping Caprice. " but I have to agree an early night sounds good" she said " Angus isn't sleing here at the moment , he's sleeping in the main house." she said finishing her hot chocolate and moving to hand wash the cup. " after today I don't blame him, Thanks to my mother trust was broken today, I trust him fully but she made it that it looked like I didn't so, Im going to work on proving to him that I trust him with our lives."

Placing the cup back with the others Ruby moved to the Bassinet an smiled down at the now sleeping Caprice. " would you mind taking her over night?" she asked Simone. " just for tonight, I can talk with Angus if you need me to as well and make sure its okay ." she asked Simone "I know you will look after her, I trust you both." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:34 pm

"Hm," Simone said, overhearing. "Forgive me, but Angus told us and the boys he thought perhaps he would be sleeping either on the floor in Caprice's room or in his recliner. He had thought of sleeping at the main house but Zoe isn't entirely into her apartment, and with Jeffrey and Bill and Fleur, apparently, all the guest rooms in the main house are full. We told him that, of course, he is perfectly welcome to use our guest room, but he hasn't taken us up on it. I don't think he has made up his mind though."

"Men like Angus who are used to being ready for a skirmish at a moment's notice can practically sleep standing up if that's what it comes to," David smiled. "He'll work it out."

"Of course we'll look after her," Simone said to Ruby. "Get some sleep. It will all look better in the morning. Goodnight, Ruby."

"I'll say goodnight then myself," David said. "I'll see you all in the morning, I'm sure." He went back to Angus and Ruby's side and took a quick shower after the boys were through. He checked and found them settled in their room, reading before bed, and they had Finn with them. David checked all the doors and windows to be sure that all was secure before he turned in.

Angus knew that Caprice was nowhere near ready to sleep through the night, and he didn't want Edward and Simone disturbed by her waking repeatedly, but they were sure they didn't mind. Angus went outside to sit on the back deck and sat down in one of the chaise lounge chairs to simply star gaze and to try to think of absolutely nothing. Eventually, he decided it was as good a place to sleep as any and he dozed off there for the night.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:46 pm

Ruby listened to Simone and breathed out " oh okay, must have missed that bit, thankyou Simone" she said then smiled again when Simone said she would take Caprice for the night " again thank you" she said " and yeah, your right, you sleep well too." she said hugging Simone and moving back into their side of the duplex, Looking over at Angus she smiled to him " good night Angus, you too David.".

Heading up to their room she found it to be cold without Angus in it and moved to check on the boys even though she'd seen David in it not so long before. Pushing open the door she saw Finn lying on the end of Sams bed, He lifted his head and wagged his tail happily at her " good night Finn, look after them" she said softly and moved back to the main room whre she changed into her PJ's and slipped into bed but her eyes didn't close for a few minets then sleep took over.

Next morning Ruby woke and headed down to start breakfast , this tim she made a full breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon with lots of toastand sausages for every one along with fresh juice.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:01 pm

Edward was he one who got up with Caprice near 6:30, and when he came down to make a bottle for her, he happened to see Angus asleep out on the deck. Edward was glad that Angus was able to get a little sleep, but it did rather bother him that Angus had slept outside. He fed Caprice, and by that time, Simone was up and had made coffee for her and Edward.

"Is that Angus out there?" she asked him quietly.

"It is," Edward said. "I bet he's been out there all night. That's where he was when I went to bed, and its damned chilly this morning."

"I'll take him some coffee and get him to come inside. Can you go next door and get him some clean clothes? He can't wear his pajamas all day, surely."

"Of course," Edward said, putting Caprice back to sleep for a little. "Ruby must be up. I smell food cooking, and it isn't us." Simone poured a mug of coffee and took it out to Angus and she woke him gently.

"Angus, Dear," she called. "It's awfully chilly. You're like ice. Wake up, and get some coffee to warm up, and come inside."

"Sorry," he told her. "Must have fallen asleep out here." Well, that wasn't entirely true. He had purposely slept outside when he had gotten sleepy while he was stargazing. "How's Caprice?"

"She's had her breakfast, and she's taking a bit of a lie in," Simone smiled. "She's no trouble."

Edward went next door and saw Ruby cooking.

"Morning, Ruby. Mind if I go up and help myself to a change of clothes for Angus? He got his pajamas last night, but he didn't get himself any clean clothes for this morning. I know where he keeps things, so if it's alright, I'll just go get him something," Edward said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:10 pm

Ruby looked up at the sound of the adjoining door opening and smiled at Edward " Morning, go ahead, you know where they are, breakfast will be ready soon if you want to wake the boys and David while you're there, and he'll catch his death sleeping out on the porch." she said as she watched Edward had up the stairs as she continued to make the scrambled eggs and send them to the table in a covered self-warming container along with the toast and butter for those that wanted some.

Making a pot of tea and coffee she pored three cups and sent them over to Simone and Angus with the third for Edward when he returned. Ste cracked several eggs into a bowl and mixed in milk and seasoning, sault first then a sprinkleing of pepper before adding it to the pan to cook, slowly she drew the spoon across untill it thickened , turning she added bread to the toaster while the egg gathered as she drew the spoon acroos the base to form Scrabbled eggs.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:34 pm

Edward went upstairs, called the boys, and saw David open his door and emerge in some khaki chinos and a meticulously pressed white linen shirt with the sleeves rolled up a couple turns, and some khaki sneakers.

"Morning, David," Edward said. "I think Ruby almost has breakfast ready."

"Good morning, Edward," David said. "Are there werewolves nearby? I know I heard howling last night, and it was not an ordinary wolf."

"We do," Edward said. "There's a story to that. We'll tell you sometime this morning. They're out on the far northwest sector, and I'm quite sure they won't be coming this close to the house. I'll catch up with you in a bit." He went into the master bedroom and got out a pair of black jeans and a pale teal v neck cashmere pullover sweater and a pair of slip on canvas shoes. As an after thought, he picked up a gray zip up hoodie and he took it back to Angus. By then, the boys were coming downstairs, dressed for the day, and Sam poured coffee for Victor and himself.

Angus was getting his first sips of coffee when Edward returned. Edward put the clothes down on the coffee table for him.

"Clothes," Edward said.

"Thanks," Angus replied.

"Did you actually get some sleep?" Edward asked.

"That's not your question, is it?" Angus asked, looking up at him. "Your real question is did I hear from Suzanne. Yes. I did. She's pissed that she can't get any sort of connection with Ruby or with the boys."

"Well, I might have had something to do with the boys last night," Edward confessed. "While they were practicing those spells outside, I cast one on them to block Suzanne from being able to interfere with their sleep."

"Thank you," Angus said.

"So what did the hussy have to say?" Edward asked.

"Meh. More of the same. Angry ranting, empty threats, blaming me for Reginald's death, her boys being taken, Jessie and Ruby hating her, everything she owns being gone..."

"Prattle and you know it. Jessie and Ruby are adults and have been for some time. She left the house and took what she wanted. If she's missing something she wants now, that's on her. She didn't pay any attention to the boys when she had them, and Reginald's death was self defense. She barely made an appearance at the funeral. Sounds like a lot of codswallop to me. Did she say anything of any substance?"

"Maybe. I don't know," he sighed. "Can I go wash and shave and change before we discuss it?"

"Certainly," Edward replied.

"Thanks," Angus said, taking his coffee and his clothes and going upstairs to Edward's bathroom to freshen up and dress for the day.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:44 pm

Ruby sent food threw to Edwards's side for them and Angus before moving to sit at the table " Morning David, did I hear you ask about werewolves?" she asked " the only two I know that are, are Jessie and Jack but they were sleeping, oh there are the ones we helped, Edward told you about those already" she said dishing up a plate for him and herself. Placing it down she moved to pour some tea for herself then offer the coffee and tea to David " help yourself to tea and coffee, we don't stand on ceremony here" she said and chuckled seeing the boys.

"Morning boys, help your self to breakfast" she said "coffees fresh for those who drink it, so the tea" she said eating her food as she watched them walk down to the kitchen where they sat eating. Once finished she stood up and sent her plate to the washer before heading to Simones side for Caprice, " morning Angus, sleep well" she asked moving to check on Caprice who she saw ws happy and content, she lightly ticked her tummy making her laugh. " I was thinking I could take Caprice into the herb garden today, its been a while since it has been de-weeded, and the fresh air will do her some good too" she sugested "Oh I washed the sling last night its dry and clean again" she added accioing the sling to show them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:01 am

"Thanks, Ruby," David said, "Smells great." The boys got themselves plates as well and tucked into it.

"I did hear howling last night, and I certainly know the difference between wolves and werewolves," David said. "They were quite a distance from the house, so perhaps it really was just those out on the northwest section."

"Yeah," Sam said. "One of the werewolves got blamed for something he didn't do, and the public wanted to hunt the pack down like one of those peasant mobs from an old, ugly muggle movie."

"Now what would two fine, outstanding wizard boys like yourself know about muggle movies?" David teased.

"Dad had a bunch of 'em," Sam shrugged. "He said he got good money for them with the right people. Victor and I used to watch them all the time."

"Your dad? Angus did that?"

"Nah," Victor said. "That was our old dad that did that. Angus wouldn't do anything like that. He might watch a muggle movie but he isn't going to deal in them. Our old dad was not a real prize by any means."

"Clearly not," David said. "Sounds like you're better off now."

"By far," Sam replied.

Simone made plates for Edward, Angus and herself, and they tucked into breakfast when Angus came downstairs.

"Its chilly this morning, Ruby," Edward said, "but not wintery cold. I'd certainly make sure she has a sweater or a hoodie of some sort."

"She actually has a little pair of sweatpants and a hoodie someplace," Angus said. "Evan sent it, I think. It's lavender, I believe. It has something embroidered on the hoodie, but I don't remember what. Hearts or a sheep or something, I don't know. he might have sent some sort of booties or shoes or something to go with it."

"That might be just the thing," Edward said. "So what's on your agenda today, Angus?"

"I need to go see Robert or Michael about a couple doubloons for the boys in case they need distress signals, and some portkeys. I don't want them not being able to get home. I know the school doesn't want them porting about yet, but I want them to be able to get themselves out of a spot if it ever happens again," Angus replied. "And I have a couple errands of my own before I take them back to school later today."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top