A Birth day - Page 29
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 29 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 29 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:36 am

Ruby listened to Angis and smiled as he said everything was done and they had plenty of help. It was now she listened to him talk to Sam and Victor who no rembered that Michael had taken everything from the witch when they had caught her and someting he had might hold some polyjuice as proof that she was the killer and not greyback.

Ruby looked at Angus and smiled " Im good, we have this you go do what you must" SHE TOLD HIM KISSING HIS CHEEK SHE HEADED BACK TO THE DUPLex to feed and change Caprice along with feeding Sam and Victor so they could work on there paper for school.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:49 am

"I'll go see if I can pry Michael loose," Angus said. "Well done." He left and went back towards the base camp when he saw Michael coming back from there. He told Michael about what the boys had said, and Michael's face cleared.

"Oh, God, I do have all that stuff!" Michael said. "I never gave that a thought in all this confusion. Let's go see if there's anything in there." They went to the main house, and Michael brought back a shoebox that he had put all the witch's things into. They sat down at the kitchen table, and they were starting to go through her things when Robert arrived back.

"What's all that?" Robert asked.

"The stuff I took off that witch when I searched her," Michael repeated, picking up an envelope. He opened it. "Hair. Yuck. Smells like shampoo."

"Probably from the real professor for the polyjuice potion," Robert said, picking up a little bottle. He opened it. "That's definitely a pocket sized polyjuice." Angus saw a ring on a chain. He picked up the chain and looked at the ring. It was one of the ugliest rings he'd ever seen in his life. He took the ring in his hand but it instantly burned his fingers like he'd put his fingers into live fire.

"Damn!" Angus said, automatically letting go of the ring, and it clattered to the table.

"What?" Robert frowned.

"The ring. I touched it, and it burned like fire. I could touch the chain but not the ring."

"Did you touch the ring, Michael?" Robert asked. Michael had to think.

"No, just the chain," Michael said.

"Well, we can let Gabe look at it, but clearly there's some dark magic with that ring. And it looks like there are a lot of dark symbols on the other things too. Let's not touch any more. Let's let Gabe look at all of this. But--I'm betting that the polyjuice and the hair might well be helpful for Fenrir. It might help prove he wasn't in Hogwarts and wasn't the one who was anywhere near the school or the boys either one."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:56 am

Ruby moved to the kitchen and made a salad and a caserole for ethe boys befoer making a bottle for Caprice and then sitting down to feed her. " you both did realy good today" she said smiling " Im proud of you both, now go clean up ready for supper"she told them while Caprice suckled on her bottle. Once she was finished Ruby placed her over her shoulder and tapped her back lightly to bring up her wind knowing full well she'd not bring the full amount up and Angus culd get the rest when he was back.

Jessie walked around the camp but then had to sit down feeling his legs still weak. Yu saw this and moved to him " you should go home and rest , we have it in hand" he told him but Jessie just shook his head a the thought.

"im okay , just give me amoment" he said and loked up at Yu. "I was just checking the cloaking charm to make sure its holding steady." he said and saw Yu look at him.

"and is it?" he asked his arms crossd his chest as he stood facing him.

"yes , its strong enought to last till morning" Jessie confirmed then stood up only to have his legs gibe out. Yu moved quickly and grabbed him to hold him up " okay maybe I should head back" Jessie relented.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:39 pm

As they were putting things back in the shoebox, Michael caught a glimpse of Angus' fingers where he had touched the ring.

"What's that?" Michael pointed to Angus' fingers. Angus looked at his fingers and saw a couple of black marks that were exactly where he had touched the ring, where he had had the burning sensation, and now, coming out of those marks were more marks that were spreading in a disturbingly dark looking spiderweb pattern. "Well, that can't be good," Michael frowned. Robert took hold of Angus's hand and looked at the marks

"It isn't good," Robert said. "It's called a dark soul mark. It tells me that the witch has aligned herself with some extremely powerful dark energies, and that she uses that ring the way we use a wand. It amplifies her dark arts abilities. That, plus the staff that you broke surely made her a great deal more powerful than she actually is without them. White lighters like us become, basically, contaminated if we come into direct contact with that sort of dark magic amplifying devices. Basically, for white lighters, it is the telltale mark of a curse."

"I really don't want to hear that. That explanation tells me absolutely nothing," Angus said. "How do I get rid of it?"

"This calls for someone uniquely talented at curse breaking. Ironically, a curse breaker is a full time position at Gringotts because every good treasure hoard has a curse on it, and the goblins at the bank are always on the prowl for more and more treasure. Here's a piece of trivia for you. Who do you think is the lead curse breaker for Gringotts?"

"No idea," Michael said.

"The oldest Weasley boy..." Robert said. "Arthur's eldest."

"Bill?" Michael asked.

"Yes," Robert replied. "He and Fleur have been living in Egypt because there are still many, many ancient treasures there. I'll go see if I can open a floo conversation with Bill, and see if I can't get him to pop over and take care of this before it spreads."

"Does this help Fenrir at all?" Angus asked.

"I think, if Bill can substantiate the curse on the ring itself for the Ministry, then with that, the polyjuice and all the other stuff we know, I think the great preponderance of evidence should help release Fenrir," Robert said, getting up. "I'll be back."

He was gone about fifteen minutes, and then he came back.

"Bill and Fleur have kindly consented to come," Robert told them. "I'll have Shannon prepare a room for them. There is a 2 hour time difference between here and Egypt-- they're two hours ahead of us. With the time difference between here and Egypt, their work day is already over, so it will take them a bit to free themselves to be able to come, but that's alright. Bill seems to have some ideas already about this. He thinks that if we simply cover those dark marks for now, it'll protect you from spreading it to anyone or anything else. He says this sort of curse works by contact, and that makes perfect sense to me. At this point, the marks are small enough that we can just use a couple plasters, and it'll be fine."

Angus got up from the table, a million thoughts racing through his head, the first of which was his concern for the danger that it could present for Ruby and his children. At this point, he did not feel safe in being around them if a simple touch could spread that curse to them too.

"Angus," Robert called. Angus stopped and turned to look at him. "Don't lose your head over this. Anyone or anything you touched would need to make direct contact with the mark itself, which is why I covered the marks with some simple plasters. If I believed it merited more precaution than that, I'd have done it."

"I know," Angus said. He'd had enough of all of this for awhile. He took a fresh bottle of firewhiskey from the kitchen cabinet, and he went down to the pond, sat down, took the cork out of the bottle and drank a healthy slug out of it.

Simone happened to see him sit down on the bank of the pond and saw him take a swig from a whiskey bottle, and she mentioned it to Edward. Edward looked out the window and watched him for a moment.

"I know that look," Edward told Simone. "He's had enough of chasing monsters for one day. I've certainly had days where I've felt like that myself. I'll go talk to him. Firewhiskey is always better with a friend anyway." He went outside and went over to the pond and sat down, taking Angus's whiskey bottle, taking a swig out of it and handed it back. "Oh, now that's a smooth firewhiskey. Nice. So what are we drinking to?"

Robert had always had tremendous affection for Angus, treating him far more like a son than an employee, and it was for that reason that he apparated over to Angus's back door, rather than his front door. He did not particularly want Angus to see him going to tell Ruby what was going on. Still, he believed Ruby was stronger than sometimes she even gave herself credit for, and he wanted her to hear it from him that in this case, Angus was far more protective of her and of his children than he needed to be. He knocked on the back door.

Inside, Sam and Victor looked at each other.

"Ruby? Did we just hear someone knock at the back door instead of the front door?" Victor asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:06 pm

Ruby was finishing feeding Caprice when she looked up at Victors remark she chuckled and stood up. " that would be some one from the main house" she said and walked to the back door to open it " oh hello Robert what brings you here?" she asked holding Caprice against her shoulder as she gently patted her back " do come in" she said stepping to one side " Moving to the bassenet she placed Caprice down and looked to Sam " please could you keep an eye on your sister while Robert and I talk" she asked and smiled seeing him nod he would.

Motening to the sofa she moved to sit down on it waiting for him to explain why he was there."the camps all set and there settling in well, so I thought I'd bring the boys back to feed and get Caprice changed ,that was all right , right?" she asked puzzled in her own mind why he'd used the back door.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:23 pm

"Could I have a private word with you just for a moment?" he asked her.

"We'll take her upstairs with us, and she can hang with us for a bit," Victor told Ruby, picking up the baby and taking her upstairs. Sam followed Victor upstairs, and they went into their bedroom and closed the door.

"Angus does not know I'm here," Robert said, "and I certainly don't expect you to keep secrets from him. However, you may notice him being a bit distanced this evening, and there is sound reason for it." He told her about them deciding to go through what they had taken from the witch last night and how Angus had touched her ring. Robert told her of the dark mark it had burned onto Angus's index finger and his thumb.

"The marks are what's called dark soul marks. For a dark arts worker, it enhances and strengthens their magical abilities because of how strongly it helps them align with darkness itself. I am quite convinced that between the ring and the staff that she had, that is what allowed her to have such powerful dark energies. The staff has been destroyed, and I don't regret that for a moment. For a light worker, like Angus, it functions for us like a curse. If we do nothing, his skin will change colors and it will get an appearance of a black spiderwebbing across it. It will become harder and harder for him to cast white light spells. The marks themselves can be contagious and can spread the curse to others--if they touch the marks. That is--if we do nothing and just let it progress. And I have no intention of doing that.

"To rid him of it, that needs to be done by a wizard who is a curse breaker. I have already contacted an experienced curse breaker, a friend of the family. His name is Bill Weasley. Bill's father is a friend of mine, so I have every faith in Bill and in his abilities. He has agreed to come and rid Angus of the mark. I know he has a lot of family here, so he and Fleur might very well be staying a few days, but that's fine.

"For the curse to become contagious and spread to anyone else, they would have to come in direct contact with the marks themselves on Angus's fingers. At this point, the marks are small, and I covered them with simple little plasters. I am positive he is not contagious to you, the boys or the baby so long as we keep the marks covered.

"My concern is that you know the truth of it because we both know what a fierce protector he is. I am very very sure he is going to do his absolute best to not want to be anywhere around you and the kids because he wants to protect you from him. I don't think it is dangerous to you, but he is taking it exceptionally seriously, more seriously than the situation merits. How you deal with it is between you and him. I expect that Bill may very well be able to resolve this yet tonight, but we shall see. If the marks grow, just add some more dressings to them to cover them. I will notify you when Bill and Fleur arrive. Now, I've just thrown a lot of information at you. What questions do you have for me?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:34 pm

Ruby heard Robert and then Sam and Victor " all right , just be gentle with her " she said and watched them move up the stairs with Caprice in his arms.

Turning to Face Robert she stood listening to him talk about Angus and the dark curse he had been infected with " okay, so let me guess, he wants to stay away until the marks gone to prevent us being infected right?" she said and sat down to face him " I know how he thinks and thats what he'd do to keep us safe even though you alrady reasured him its not that bad." she added with a deep sigh as she shook her head.

"I'll walk back to the main house once I've spoken to the boys and talk to him about what he wants to do" she said " just let me tell the boys first." she stood up and walked up the stairs finding the boys in their room playing with Caprice making her giggle on the bed.

"okay, Roberts just told me your father touched something that placed a dark curse on him, but Robert contacted the right people and there on there way here to help remove it, but until then I guessing hes going to stay at the main house so not to infect us, i just thought you guys should know, no, hes not going to die and yes, once its gone he'll be back, so I guess you guys are our protectors untill Angus comes home" she said with a smile at the boys.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:51 pm

"Angus isn't at the main house. You'll find him out at the pond. Looks like he and Edward are just hanging out and sharing a few short snorts of firewhiskey. I'm not worried about that because, first of all, they can both hold their whiskey, and second, they rarely ever drink to excess either one," Robert told her. "He's fine. He really is, and I think some of the need to protect right now very likely comes from being a brand new father to an infant. First time dad jitters, and all of that. I'm going to head back to the main house and see if I can be any help with preparing for Bill and Fleur. If you need anything, just give a shout."

Robert watched her go upstairs to talk to the boys and then apparated back home. When Ruby talked to the boys, Sam and Victor just listened.

"It was in that witch's crap, wasn't it?" Sam scowled. "He shoulda killed her when he had the chance."

"And Suzanne too," Victor mumbled unhappily. "Suzanne caused every single second of this, including what's happened to Dad. If we get another chance, I won't blow it a second time. I'll take her out if she can't get over herself. I want her out of our lives once and for all. She completely ignored us when she had us and dumped us on you and Jessie to take care of. And now that she doesn't have us, we're all she thinks about."

"I'm with you, Vic," Sam nodded. "She didn't have much of a mind to begin with, but I'm convinced she's lost what little she had left. She needs to be out of our lives once and for all." He looked at Ruby. "We'll be fine, Ruby. We're not afraid. if something comes, we'll deal with it. And besides, we still have Edward right next door. It'll be fine. This just makes me even more convinced we're supposed to be fighters."

"Yeah," Victor agreed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:58 pm

Ruby listened to the boys and noded " yeah it was her crap as you put it" she told them then listened to them vent about their mother " all the more reason you should stay in school and then if your that determined train" she told them she smiled at there determination and protective ness of their family " look I have to go speack to Angus and let him know we'll be fin and well we'll wait for him when hes cured." she moved over to the boys and hugged them "yes you do, I won't be long" she told them, giving Caprice a kiss on her cheek she headed down stairs and acoss to the pond to find Angus and Edward .

"hey havng fun" she said with a smile as she drew close to them both. She did see the bottle of fire whisky and chuckled "Good choice" she said and looked to Angus " Robert told me, so what do you want to do?" she asked picking up the bottle and downing a mouthful. Feeling the warmth as it slid down her throat she looked to Angus and Edward "I'd forgotten how good firewhiskey was." she smirked at the pair of them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:15 pm

"Brian's taste in firewhiskey is improving, it seems," Edward laughed. "This is a much better brand."

"Ah, well, that would be Khaat's doing. Khaat has a deep affection for good firewhiskey, and Brian had a healthy supply of crappy stuff, and Khaat just actually ditched it."

"I knew I liked that girl," Edward joked. "She's got good taste in firewhiskey. This is good stuff. Angus and I were just discussing options for dealing with this. I think Angus has tossed out a bunch of overreactive ideas, and I've been overruling them. I'm hoping that when he runs out of overreacting plans that he might come up with something reasonable."

"I don't think I'm being unreasonable," Angus said.

"Well, considering that we started with you sleeping out here near the pond tonight, I think you've had better plans than that one," Edward said. "And sleeping on the porch or the desk isn't any better because its supposed to storm all night tonight. So, no, that's not going to work for you either. I think, first of all, if you're nervous that the plasters aren't enough, we'll get you a plastic glove from the sickbay for that hand. i see no reason why you can't go inside your own place. If you don't want to touch anyone tonight, then don't. For goodness sakes. Nobody's going to catch anything from you because you planted your bum in your recliner."

"You don't get it," Angus sighed.

"I think I get it completely," Edward said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top