LONDON CALLING - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 38 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:13 pm

"Thanks to you both," Robert said. "You went on a difficult mission and then you both stepped right back in and fixed a great breakfast for all of us. It was much needed and very much appreciated. I'm going to send a message to Paris and have them take over the chores here and over at Brian's. You lot all deserve a day off from that." He watched Jess go to restock the pocket kits.

"Thanks, Jess. I'm glad you're on top of our supplies. What would i do without you?" Robert asked, glad she was always aware of what they had and what they were short of.

"I could use a hand sometime today when either Jack or Jessie get free, if they'd help me. I have a project in my studio over at Brian's that's ready to come over here for as long as we're here," Kate said.

"What sort of project?" Robert asked.

"I've been growing a little enchanted potted tree for indoors for Fudge. It looks like the tree on Bowtruckle Island, but it's obviously quite a bit smaller. And I've been working on a way to formulate food for bowtruckles so we don't need to go catch bugs for him. He'll have a home of his own. That doesn't mean he isn't still going to need us but he'll not have to live in the barn anymore. We can put the tree in the house near a window, and he'll be quite happy, I should think. The tree is heavier than I can manage by myself, though. It's at least 4 stone, maybe closer to 4 1/2."

"How about you and I take a short walk, Ruby, and I'll show you the easiest way to get to that spot?" Kate asked her.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:19 pm

Jess chuckled at Robert as he said what he would do with out her " you'd be out of kits and packs" she said and chuckled again. Ruby and Jessie looked at Kate as she spoke again about the bowtruckle tree and both smiled.Jessie spoke up as Kaden kissed his cheek and left foe his shift at the hospital.

"I'll help you Kate" he said " im free for an hour." he ate his food and smiled.

"that would be perfect for the littlle guy." Ruby said " I forgot about him with everything going on, I'll have to get him a special treat as an apology." Ruby finished her food and stood up as Kate spoke again about walking to the spot " that would be wonderful." she said palcing her crockery in the washer.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4251

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:33 pm

"Thank you," she smiled. "Fudge will certainly appreciate it, and so do I. Let's go soon then so you're not late for your shift."

"Take your time, Jessie," Brian said. "We've got Paris folks coming to fill in so enjoy the day. Alright, Edward and I will be back as soon as we can. Coming, Jack?" He and Edward motioned to Jack come along with them to Tuscany.

"A little extra time in your pocket would be all he would ever want," Kate smiled. "How about we do that just as soon as Jessie and I get back from my studio."

"Did I hear correctly that you and Angus were talking about stained glass?" Robert asked. "You should go sometime and take a look at Kate's studio to see if there's something there that you like. She has several upright bins of stained glass pieces that have never been sold or found a home anywhere. Maybe you'll either see something you like or some inspiration. All the stained glass in the ceiling and the windows of the library tower here are things she's done."

"You are not under any obligation whatsoever to use any of my pieces, Ruby," Kate laughed. "He's just very biased. I'm ready whenever you are, Jessie."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:39 pm

Jessie listened to Brian and nodded " thanks brian, Im rwady Kate." he said and saw Jack finishand move to the kitchen, he moved to her side " shall we?" he asked opening the back door.

"Im done and ready" Jack said taking down the same jacket he'd picked up when they had gone to Tuscany the first time and slip it on.

Ruby chuckled and nodded " thats sounds fine with me Kate" she said " it would give me time to get the dishes on and clean out the dinning room." she began loading it and set it going before moving to the dinning room to retreive th heating pans with what was left of the food.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:57 pm

Brian took Edward and Jack and went to Tuscany, and Kate took Jessie to Brian's estate to the glass building that was her studio. It looked very much like a greenhouse, but instead of plants, it held all manner of art projects, some completed and some that were somewhere in process. There were paintings of all sorts leaning against one wall, with some in standing bins. She had a couple of easels that had projects on them, rolling carts with paints and brushes and solvents.

There was a station for glass work--blowing glass and stained glass. And there was a shelf for completed blown glass art pieces in all sorts of bright colors, and standing racks for completed stained glass windows and window inserts.

There was her pottery wheel, her kiln, buckets of clay, a workbench with tools for sculpting, and shelves of mugs and dishes and other pieces that were completed but had nowhere to go.

There was another station for textile sculpting and a large floor loom for weaving large pieces whether they were art pieces or large carpets and rugs. Kate liked it all. When sunlight streamed through the studio, all the art pieces seemed to light up the room in an endless kaleidoscope of rainbow colors.

"I really should get some of these pieces out and take them and put them on consignment somewhere," Kate sighed. "A lot of these pieces I made just because I had the inspiration, and now they're stacking up. Anyway, the tree is over here."

Over on the south side of the room was a potted tree that stood a little under five foot tall. She had used techniques similar to bonsai growing to shape the tree, and it did look very much like the tree on bowtruckle island.

"What do you think?" Kate asked Jessie. "Do you think Fudge will like it?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:09 am

Jessie left with Kate to her studio and looekd around it " wow, this is amazing" he said looking at all the peices. " there all beautiful peices, I heard Jes talking about them but seeing them up close, there even beter" he said waking over to the tree and looked at it " so where are you awnting it , in the kitchen or living room by the window?" he asked picking it up as if it weighed nothing to him.

Ruby finished the cleaning and heard the waasher stop, walking over she emptied it and put all the dishes away. " now what can we do for dinner?" she said to her self. "oh I know Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon " she started the prep for it and sent a note to a murchant for the fresh samon.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:30 am

"Thank you. It's my little sanctuary. Abbey has been after me to get her a little easel her size so she can come out here with me and paint when I'm working out here. I just haven't gotten around to it." She watched him walk over to the tree and pick it up as if it were no weight at all.

"I couldn't begin to pick that up. I'm glad it's no effort for you, though. As long as the tree gets plenty of sunlight, anywhere is fine. But I do like your idea of the kitchen because there is always someone in there, it seems," Kate said. "He would be a lot less lonely if he were in a high traffic area, I think. And he seems to like Abbey. They've only just met, but he seems to understand she's just a baby, and he has all sorts of patience with her."

Khaat was going to make a fresh pot of coffee when she heard Ruby thinking out loud about salmon for dinner.

"I think salmon is a fine choice," khaat said. "It's a favorite with this crowd. Maybe I can get Michael to make his quinoa pilaf. It's very much like a rice pilaf, but make with quinoa instead. And, there are some huge advantages to quinoa. It is insanely nutritious. Any nutritional benefit you get from rice is at least doubled and much more fiber benefit by just using quinoa instead. It's half the calories and half the carbs of rice too. Brian and I first had it in Colorado, and we brought a big bag back, and Michael and Angus went absolutely for awhile nuts experimenting with it. They've made it like oatmeal for breakfast and even like rice pudding for dessert. Lately Michael has been working on his own version of a cheesy quinoa risotto."

"Oh, I did hear my mother say just yesterday that she got a big bag of key limes in from a friend in Florida and she was going to have to use them up while they were good and fresh. Maybe we can get her or Michael to make some key lime pie or key lime tarts for dessert, if you're open to ideas."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:55 am

Jessie chuckled and nodded his head to her "Perfect place the kitchen, he can have some small scraps at the same time" he said and chuckled as he moved the tree.

Ruby heard Khaat and nodded " oh sounds perfect to acumpany the salmon." she said when Khaat spoke of keylime pie she chuckled " haven't had that." she said " but I think it will be a perfect desters with some home made ice cream." she began prepping the fish as it apperated onto her worksurface from the murchant. " all right to work, bones out first, nothing worse than having a bone while you eat." she said glancing at the stairs thinking of Angus " then I'll make a picnic for Angus and I to take to the spoe Kates showing me when she ahd Jessie return" she said ,
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:17 am

"I'll do the apparating back, shall I?" Kate asked, taking hold of Jessie so he didn't have to try to carry the tree and apparate both.
"If you like lime, you'll like key lime. They're smaller than regular limes, and they're a little lighter in color, so they're a bit sweeter. A genuine key lime pie actually looks very much like a lemon pie. They're both yellowish in color. Some people add green food coloring to try to make it look more like what they think people expect in a lime, but the natural color of a key lime pie is a light yellow color. And, you're right, a good vanilla ice cream would be just the perfect partner for it."

"Who's a perfect partner?" Michael asked, coming into the kitchen.

"Not a who," Khaat said. "A what. Ruby is going to make salmon for supper tonight. Could you make your quinoa pilaf?"

"Absolutely," Michael said. "That would be perfect."

"And my mother got a big bag of fresh key limes. Do you know how to do a key lime pie or a key lime tart? She doesn't want them to go bad."

"Oh, yes, she did mention that to me. Leave that to me. I can do that. Not a problem. And did you say you were looking for a picnic lunch for you and Angus, Ruby? If you don't have a menu in mind, why don't you let me put together a more sophisticated version of a ploughmans for you two? Something a little rustic and elegant that you can just take your time and nibble at and relax? It won't take me long at all."

"She's taking him out to Remus's spot," Khaat said.

"Perfect. Khaat, why don't you have someone put up that big double hammock of your mothers? That's the perfect spot for it. They could spend as much time as they like there."

"I could do that," Khaat said. "Brian said Owens is sending some men here and over to the estate to do the barn chores at both properties today. I could have them set out the hammock and maybe a large blanket and some pillows on the ground near the spring."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:29 am

Ruby heard Khaat and nodded " sounds delishious, I am looking forward to tying it." she said then noticed Michael and heard him " that would be wonderful, thank you" she said " and yes I was but if you could that would be great, it means I can focus on the salmon for the others and yourself." she said now running her fingers over the fillet of samon to remove the tiny bones from the fish.

She got out a  medium bowl and whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Then in a large skillet over medium-high heat she heated two tablespoons oil. When the oil was hot but not smoking she add the salmon skin-side up and seasoned with salt and pepper. She cook the salmon until deeply golden, then flip it over and add remaining tablespoon of oil.She then added garlic to the skillet and cooked it until fragrant. She then added the honey mixture and sliced lemons and then cooked until sauce was reduced by about 1/3. She Basted the salmon with the sauce, then garnished it with a sliced lemon and serve.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top