LONDON CALLING - Page 21
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 21 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 21 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 21 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:19 am

Nigel reached up with one hand, leaving his other hand on the artery while it mended.

"Nicely done," he told Jess. "It's knitting back well. Now he just needs a little time for the spell to finish the job. I think you're good to move on to the soft tissue damage, and it's a cinch there's a lot of that. And I think there is some of the soft tissue that's just gone. Mend what you can, and then we'll put some regeneration spells in place to regenerate the missing cartilage and muscle. I'll set some spells in place to mend the damaged nerves so he doesn't lose feeling." It was then that he was free enough to talk to Ruby.

"He's alright," he told her. "It's a pretty extensive repair job, but he's not in any danger now. I think, in his case, he'll be more in danger from his own tendencies as a workaholic than anything else. Men like him don't ever take vacations and rarely even sleep. I can keep his pain under control with no side effects, and he'll be off and running, trying to muck a stall with one hand. Or--I can go a bit more old school and keep his pain under control with a pain potion and it'll make him just sleepy enough that he's not going to feel like going anywhere for a day or two. Since he's not capable of answering me at the moment, how do you all vote?"

"This somehow isn't entirely fair since you're the one who put him to sleep," Brian said.

"And your point is?" Nigel asked, fully aware of what he had done and what he was asking.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:29 am

Jess nodded to Nigel and focused her energy on the soft tissue making it start to repair its self. Ruby listened to Nigel and then looked at Brian as he spoke. She thought about it then shook her head as she spoke to him.

"I think the first option, yes hes a workaholic, but thats his choice, and I am his girfreind, but Im not going to dope him up and make that decision for him, he'd not like that one bit, I'd be as bad as my mother if I did." she said looking down at the still out cold Angus. Looking back at Nigel she spoke again " thats my final desichion." she said " hope he dosn't hurt himself." she looked over at Jess who smiled and nodded her head.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4251

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:45 am

"Suit yourselves," Nigel shrugged. He simply continued with his work. When he was convinced Jess had done as much of a repair as she could for the moment, and when he had stopped the bleeding and had flushed out the tissues to double check that the bleeding had indeed stopped and that the circulation was back in Angus's shoulder and his arm, he double checked Angus's vital signs for himself before he closed. Then he used some magical sutures to close the wounds, cleaned the skin and dressed it well, padding it heavily to protect it. Then he immobilized Angus' left arm in a sling to protect the upper arm and the shoulder.

"I'll go get some ice packs," Brian said, knowing already that Nigel was going to want to ice it to discourage swelling and more bleeding.

"Thank you," Nigel said. He elevated the head of the bed partway to elevate the shoulder and the arm as another way to discourage swelling and bleeding. He used a pain spell to cut the pain and got a blanket and put it over him. "I'm just going to let him sleep for a bit. He seems comfortable enough right now, so I see no sense in rooting him out of one bed to put him in another. Brian brought ice packs, and Nigel was very specific on how he placed them. "I need to tell Edward since Edward is still legally his next of kin. Nice work, Jess and Jack. Thank you. It certainly would have been tougher without you. You both did nice work You both have good skills."

"I'll stay with him to monitor if you like," Brian said.

"Thank you. I'll clean up this mess when I return," Nigel said, going to talk to Edward.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:03 am

Jess nodded removing her energies and stepped back leaving Nigel to finish up Angus's shoulder. Jack just shrugged and moved to Jess " Jess did the work" he said " I just brought him in here but I should take alook to see if I can find that wolf" he said moving with Jess up the stairs. Kaden walked down and looked at Nigel.

"I can sit with him for a bit if you need air, sir." he said placing a kit back on the shelf and moving to make up more to replace the ones used. Ruby staid stood still wondering if she'd made the right desishion in letting him have control his pain or maybe he would have been better with the potion so could have had some down time.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:21 am

"Thank you, Kaden," Nigel said. "We just need to watch for seeping or bleeding and any swelling or any change in his overall condition. You know what to look for--pain, fever, change in conciousness. Anything. If anything changes, i want to know. When he's awake and feeling more like himself, I'll move him, but as long as he's comfortable, I'm not tempted to uproot him."

Nigel found Edward with Robert in the kitchen now, and it was clear that Edward knew of the initial injury. Robert had told him. Nigel explained the injury and the repair and that Angus was much better and was sleeping for the moment. They discussed that the recovery would depend on Angus being able to rest his shoulder.

Edward made the choice that as long as Angus would settle and not risk further damage, then, by all means, he should be allowed to remain alert. If Angus became too driven about something, Edward told Nigel in uncertain terms that he wanted Nigel to provide whatever calming medication was necessary to prevent more injury.

Robert promised he would be making sure Angus's duties were covered somehow for the next few days. Robert was going to get with Kate and Brian and make some choices.

Michael decided he could handle putting together a simple lunch so Ruby could stay with Angus for a bit, but Robert was now concerned about the wolf that had attacked with no provocation. When Jack came upstairs, Robert called to him.

"Jack, I realize this is premature, but what are your thoughts about this wolf? I don't think you should go alone. I think you should either take Jessie or Brian with you. A wolf on my farm is definitely new here, and it does beg the question of how a Northamerican Timberwolf got here."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:30 am

Kaden nodded and looked to Angus " I'll inform you immidiatly of any change"

Jess looked at Nigel and Edward sighing as she moved to sit in living room to recover some of her energies. " Jack looked to Edward and nodded as he listened.

"yeah my thought too, they don't ushaly wander this far." he said " besides its tasted human now needs dealing with." he said " You up for a wolf hunt, Brian?" he asked knowing Jessie would be needed at the farm as back up should anything happen. Ruby had walked up the stairs just enough to hear Nigel talk to Edward and heard edwards responce. Leaving the room she went to find Kate to talk finding her mind unsettled with once again had she done the wrong thing.

Jess stood up and moved to where Ruby had gone Catching her as they walked she spoke softly " you know hes going to be okay" she said Ruby nodded " then why the glum face?" she asked as Ruby looked at her.

"did I make the right choice to let him manage his pain, I just over heard Edward say the opasite." she said Jess sighed and looked around hoping Kate would be close by.

"I can't awnser that, but Edward is his next of kin and will always have that right, can't change that." she said Ruby nodded.

"I know, I don't want to, I should have spoken to him first, I always jump in with both feet and damn the consiquences but this time it could hurt some one I care about."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:42 pm

"Absolutely. You know me--I'm always up for some action," Brian said to Jack. "Let's go get some muggle artillery to take with us, just in case. There is more than enough in the small armory downstairs that we shouldn't need to go to the big armory at the estate. Wanna come, or shall I just get a nice assortment?" He flashed Jack an amused smile.

"Now, wait a minute, Ruby," Kate said gently, "I was in the kitchen too, and I heard that same discussion. And I didn't come out of it with the interpretation of it that you just described. Here's what I believe I heard. You take it for whatever you think it might be worth.

"Nigel came up and he told Edward exactly what the damage was and what the repairs had done. He told him it was going to take time, and Nigel has made his own opinions that Angus reminds him of men that have no life of their own and do nothing but work. And, much as we hate to admit it, that really is how his life has been before you were in his life, and we've just let him do it. I understand that Nigel asked for opinions about pain potions, and he gave all of you an opportunity to weigh in. He did not challenge your choices. If he had had an issue, he'd surely have said so. After all, he does appear to be someone that generally speaks his mind, or at least that's how I think he seems.

"However, when he spoke with Edward, Edward offered an opinion of his own. Edward knew nothing about Nigel's asking you for an opinion. And i think you need to remember exactly what Edward said. What he said was that so long as Angus is able to settle and not do anything that would risk further harm, then Angus should be allowed to remain alert. And that's exactly what you said too. The only thing Edward did was to say that if, however, Angus got it stuck in his head that he needed to be doing something stupid, then Edward believed that Nigel should slow Angus down half a notch. So, in essence, he didn't disagree with you. He only went one step farther. Remember that Edward is sharply aware that Angus's parents don't approve of how Angus has dealt with Edward's recent situation, and that includes how Edward was rescued and how he was brought here and cared for. Edward is very much aware of what they said to Angus, and Edward believes it drives Angus to feel even more pressured to try to say and do all the right things because Angus absolutely does not want his father's words to come true, that Angus might end up as a no count, good-for-nothing. Nor does he ever want to have any resemblance to his father at all. Personally, I see no chance whatsoever that either of those things will happen because Angus is so dramatically different from his parents. I think we all know that he will never resemble either of his mom or his dad--which is a very good thing indeed, but sometimes, it seems to me, Angus just tries too hard to do all the right things when all he needs to do is be himself. I think that's part of why he's happy here, because those of us here couldn't possibly be more different from his biological family, and we love him just the way he is. And that won't ever change.

"Edward wasn't trying to countermand your opinion because, truthfully, he didn't know you had one. He wasn't even remotely suggesting that you made a bad choice, so you really do need to let go of that thought right now. If you two had been in the same room when Nigel had asked for opinions, I have no doubt you'd have been of the same mind somehow because you both just want the best for Angus. Where it really matters, you both agree wholeheartedly. And, further, it isn't worth a huge amount of stewing because when he wakes in an hour or two, all of this is going to be a mute point anyway because he is going to be awake and back to making his own choices.

"What I believe Edward meant was that if Angus became so driven to work that he was not going to listen to some sort of reason or compromise that, if worse came to worse, Edward wanted to be able to stop Angus from rushing back to work and getting himself in trouble. It sounded to me like all Edward was doing was offering some support for Nigel if Nigel felt he needed to slow Angus down a little if any sort of worst case scenario happened. Frankly, I think Angus is very good at listening to reason if he's given half a chance. I think for the most part, all Robert and I have ever needed to do to help him get back on the right track is to have a bit of a word with him to put to rest whatever wild hair he has in his thoughts at the moment. And, as I told you earlier, we do need to reassess his duties anyway. This just puts more of a spotlight on it so that we can do that without offending him.

"Robert and I have been married now for close to 43 years, and having a husband who is pretty driven too, I can offer you one bit of advice. A healthy relationship is built on really stellar communication and endless compromise. Robert and I generally have no secrets between us, and we both are committed to making it work. But communication, equal partnership, and compromise are the top things on our list. Respect and love for each other are earned and not given, and they grow out of those first three things. Do the first three, and the last two will come."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:08 pm

Jess smiled and nodded as they listened to Kate talk like a mother to an older child explaining life to her. " Ruby stood and listened and nodded at each point. " Your right Im sorry I guess im just tired from being up early for trainning with Owens, but thats no excuse." she said then took a deep breath in " communication, compermise and Trust...right." she said Jess nodded to her.

"Jack and I talk and we trust, i trust that he won't do anything stupid while out on patrol and he trusts I will be there if he needs me, do the same, be there for him when he needs and talk to him." she said then looked to Kate " Okay the bowtruckle can't wait any longer" she said with a chuckle as she moved to the barn to feed the animals.

Jack heard Brian and followe him down to where the muggle arms were held. " might want something that packs a puntch but can shot from a distance." he said " I'll do the up close work, ok Im bait ..again" he said rolling his eyes.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:38 pm

Kate nodded, letting them get on with their duties.

"I think I'm going to go help Michael. He said he'd come up with a quick, light lunch for everyone. And if he says it's quick, I'm sure it is," she went to the kitchen and saw Michael had a great lot of vegetables and some steak. He had an enormous wok set out on the stove, and he had a bag of rice.

"Oriental, perhaps?" Kate asked.

"Yes," Michael said. "It's a bit of a riff on Mongolian Beef. The only difference is that I'm adding a great lot of vegetables to the steak, so it will be more like a Mongolian Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry. Are you out of peanut oil, or did I just miss it in your pantry?"

"I'll look. What else can I get for you?"

"Ginger, soy, muscovado sugar, and a little corn flour."

"Got it," she said. She fetched him what he needed while he made quick work of chopping everything with a huge chinese cleaver. She stepped in to help fix the fried rice he wanted, following his instructions about how he wanted it done. While the rice was cooking, she set the sideboard in the dining room with plates, silverware, napkins, and large pitchers of ice cold lemonade and iced tea. She decided that if anyone wanted dessert, she'd just break out the ice cream.

Downstairs, when Jack said he was bait, Brian looked at him.

"Wait a second. You're the biggest of the two of us, and with your werewolf abilities, you move faster. Are you sure you should be bait? Perhaps I should be bait, so long as you agree to save my skinny little ass." He picked up some of the 'bubbles' that he liked so well and that created some noise and light and smoke. Then he loaded them both a couple of powerful pistols that could cover a longer range and put some extra clips in his pocket. He packed a couple different knives and then got out a couple net guns, and a couple ropes.

"At least, we'll have a net if we can take him safely," Brian said. He handed Jack a pistol, a net gun, a couple knives, a rope, and a handful of exploding bubbles. "What do you think? Think we're good?" he asked Jack. He saw Edward walk by the armory door. Clearly Edward was going in to check on Angus.

Edward went in to the sickbay room and saw Angus still asleep. Edward didn't think he looked all that bad after being attacked by a wild wolf.

"I take it there is no real change?" Edward asked Kaden, sitting on the other side of Angus. It wasn't more than a moment before he saw Angus waking.

"Where am I?" Angus asked sleepily, trying to get his bearings.

"Sickbay," Edward said. "What are you doing awake yet? You shouldn't be awake for another hour or two at least."

"Why?" Angus said, his thinking foggy.

"Nigel and Jess and Brian knitted you back together again in a bit of emergency surgery. You're going to get your time off now whether you want it or not."

"I never opposed time off. I just never got it."

"You mean you never took it," Edward teased. "You really need to go back to sleep. You're more asleep than awake, my boy."

"Oh. The wolf. I remember now," Angus said.

"Yes, the wolf. Close your eyes. Go back to sleep," Edward said. "You'll feel better when the sleep spell wears off."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:48 pm

Jack laughed and nodded " ok, I promise to save your skinny ass" he said and took all the equipmet Brian handed to him and put it on his person ready for the fight. Jack looked at Brian and then saw Edward just passed the door. " yep ready when you are, just remebr when I say run...you climb the highest tree, okay." he said " wolves aren't good climbers."

Ruby headed back down to the sick bay and smiled seeing Angus sort of awake. Kaden had seen Edward and smiled to him as he entered the room.

"Hes a little better, might...okay is awake" he said seeing Angus open his eyes and speak to Edward. Moving over to him Kaden lay his hand on his arm and smiled as he drew off some of the pain for him. Ruby moved to gently hold Angus's hand in her own and looked to Edward knowing sleep for Angus was the best thing for him right now.

"Im going to go to Brians home and check on the repairs, they should have the new framwork up about now or be ahead of sceadule." she said to Edward softly so not to  disterb Angus. With a light kiss to Angus's cheek she reluctantly let go of his hand.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top