LONDON CALLING - Page 88
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 88 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 88 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:09 am

Ruby chuckled and nodded smelling the same thing " yeah chicken needs rescuing" she said smiling as she watched him dress. slipping from the bed she slipped on her tank and trousers then one of Angus's dress shirts, Picking up Fudge she looked at Angus " oh trust me I won't forget" she smiled at him giving him a quick kiss befoe unlocking the door and stepping out. Heading down to the kitchen she ran to the oven and helped Angus safe the food .

"oh dear lord, rip poor chicken" she said not realizing how slightly dishevenled she looked, her hair was not in its bun or braid but loose across her choulders. Fanning the food she saw it wasn't too bad " hum , what about a chaicken hot pot that way we salvage the meat?" she asked and saw him change his clothes, " be careful, I don't want to get a boyfreind just to lose him with in a short span." she said softly to him. " I'll fix dinner with what we have."

Jessie moved to stand with Angis " Im going too" he said determined to help " you'll need all the help you can now that Jacks out the picture."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:22 am

"Let the chicken rest under the foil for at least 20 minutes," he told Ruby quickly. "That will redistribute the juices back into it. It actually will be lovely. Then you should be able to carve both birds as usual. Use the same basic technique as you would to carve a turkey. It'll be tender and delicious if you let it rest first. You can thicken the pan juices a little if you like for a sauce over the meat and the vegetables. There is some homemade ice cream in the walk in freezer. That will work for dessert if you like. You're in charge of the kitchen for now."

He took a moment to straighten one rebellious lock of her hair.

"There," he smiled. "Better. Don't worry. Donohues are very, very hard to kill. We don't lose. I'l be back, and I'll be hungry."

Kate handed Abbey to Angus and transfigured her clothes to mission wear because she was more comfortable with it and then drew her wand.

"Ready," she said. Robert took Kate's hand, and Michael, Edward, Brian, and Angus all their wands.

"Glad to have you with us. Let's go," Angus said.

"First floor, dental clinic. Eyes sharp, wands up and ready. I'll meet you there," Robert said, apparating out, taking Kate with him. The rest of them apparated out, knowing they were likely apparating into direct fire.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:32 am

Ruby listened to him and rested her cheek against his palm as he brushed a stray hair back behind her ear " all right and you'd better be" she said smiling at him "home made ice cream." she moved to Gabe and let Fudge peek out of her pocket as she watched them all leave. " all right, now for dinner prep. " she said and moved to take out some sugar placing a pan on the heat she added sugar and water then left it to simmer.

Jess finished cleaning up Jack's wounds which were almost healed. " Im fine" he said standing up to show her " wish I could have gone with them but..I know i'd just slow them down." he said as Jess pushed him to sit down on the couch. Ruby saw them and made a pot of tea, walking over she set it down on the coffee table.

"Here , drink this, camomile tea, its soothing." she told him then returned to the kitchen " um..Gabe how long do you think they will be gone?" she asked as she gently washed some fruits and berrys to go with the ice cream and fudge sauce she was making.

Jessie felt himself aperate to St Mungos and was imidiatly on high alert waiting for Roberts word to move.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:51 am

"Hard to say," Gabe responded. "Shadow creatures can be bloody hard to catch or stop or contain. But--I'm sure Robert has trained them for just about every sort of threat he could think of. Frankly, from what I've seen, if I had to choose between being protected by the aurors or Robert's team? I'm choosing Robert's team. And remember, Brian trains both teams. The difference is that the minister limited the scope of the training for aurors because he cut back the funding. Robert continues to expand the training of his team."

When Robert and the others apparated in, Robert stood in front of this team in the main lobby of the dental clinic. He was about to ask the receptionist where the trouble was, and Kate pointed him forward.

"That way. In the back cross hall ," she was certain. Robert was glad her powers were back.

"Stay behind me, Kate," he told her.

"The devil I will," she scowled at him. She shouted to the receptionist. "Every light you have in the hallways--turn them on, and on full. Do it now." The receptionist looked at Robert and he nodded at the little woman who appeared to be terrified. Angus and Edward and Brian didn't wait for Robert's orders. They headed quickly down the corridors to find the shadow creatures. Angus and Edward and Brian found the aurors to be shooting holes in the walls and the ceilings, and Angus, Edward, and Brian could hear the screams of terrified patients in the treatment rooms.

"Get the patients out of the clinic!" Angus shouted at the aurors. "Move! Move!"
That seemed to shake them out of their stupor, especially when Angus and Brian and Edward all moved to put themselves between the aurors and the shadow creatures.

"Light!" Kate shouted to them all. "That's how you dispel the darkness. use light! Lumos maxima!" She fired a light spell.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:59 am

Ruby nodded as she cooled the sugar water mix and slowly added double cream into it to make a toffee sauce for the ice cream. "I agree, Im already giving my life in their hands already..well one of them" she said smiling as she pored the sauce into a sauce bowl. Now she turned to the veg placing them on turines she covered them back up and sat with a cup of tea waiting.

Jessie moved with Brian and Angus casting Lumos maxima as he heard Kate shout he saw shadow creatures in courers and moved to light them up making them disapear. He heard a scream from one room opening it he lit up the room. sat in the bed was a small girl " don't worry were here to get rid of the nasty things." he said softly switching on the main light in her room and scoping her up in his arms . " Hey some one come take her" he called out and a slim nurse ran over and took her from him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 am

"I wonder..." Robert said, thinking deeply. Memories of Voldemort and the second wizarding war came flooding back into his head, memories of the dementors. And then he decided to take a risk. He saw one of the shadows had hidden up in a burned out light fixture. It swooped suddenly out of the light fixture and down towards Kate. Robert aimed his wand and fired.

"Expecto Patronum!" he shouted for all he was worth and a stunningly pure bright light streamed from his wand and it formed a huge male African lion. It leaped from Robert's wand to take position in front of Kate, mouthing a fierce roaring motion, ready to fight. The shadow fled, unable to penetrate through Robert's patronus to reach her.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:15 am

Jessie watched as Robert cungered a patronus. He had to admit he was impressed that he could do that. Moving quickly he stood next to Kate leaving the others to fight as he protected her back from them. Casting out his Lumos maxima several times. " do these things ever give up?" he asked having no clue if they were making even a dint in them. He saw several skitter away from them.

Looking around he saw some one standing watching " you , get out of here" he called out, then motioned to nurse to take the man away. He shook his head " I wish they would just do their freaking jobs" he said taking down yet another shadow.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:29 am

"There were six, and there are now five," Angus said to Jessie. "I think it was run out by Robert's patronus. It's worth a try."

"Let's find out," Kate said. "Expecto Patronum!" Kate fired her onw patronus and from her wand leaped out a tigress, and it seemed to take a stand beside Robert's lion, but in point of fact, the tigress was standing beside the lion because Robert stood alongside Kate. Neither of the big magical cats were going to stand down. A shadow creatures fled.

"Look! That's the combination. Light and goodness. These things are conjured from dark magic, and they can't stand up to the patronus, just like a dementor can't stand to it either," Brian said. "Expecto Patronum!" He tried to fire his wand but the patronus wouldn't fire for him. Robert looked over at him, seeing the failed spell.

"Get yourself together! Mind on the spell! Happy memories. You know this spell in your sleep! Do it again!" Robert shouted at him fiercely.

Before Brian could focus in and get his mind properly on the spell, the shadow dove at Brian. It plunged through and then entwined around him like a coil, and it dove into his energies, flooding him with grief and guilt and despair and all manner of negativism.

"Brian!" Kate shrieked, sensing he was in desperate trouble.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:41 am

Jessie looked at Brian casting his patronus, it sprung out standing with the others his was a big silver back gorilla to stand with the lions.

Jess felt a fluctuation and ported to St Mungos right to where Brian was her wand out as she watched the shadow wrap around him " Brian think of Abby, her smile think of Khaat and the good things you've done together, posative thoughts." she drew her wand as she felt some one port next to her and sighed to see Jack now stood with her his wand shinning as was hers ready to let fly their patronus. Raising both their wands they both summoned a pair of Winged horses that stood with the lions side by side.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:54 am

"Five down, and one to go," Robert said, knowing the last one was the one that was wrapped around Brian. Robert stopped with his own patronus and went over to Brian and crouched down beside him. He drew his wand and conjured his own version of a light spell, combined with an expelling spell to try to force the shadow to release Brian.

"When it lets go of him, point your patronuses at the shadow!" Kate told them. "Force it to leave!"

The shadow tried to resist Robert, and Robert became angry, using as much force as he could muster, he fired the spell again. The shadow unwound from Brian, shrieking a loud, shrill, ear piercing scream as it rose up out of him.

"Now!" Kate shouted at them. "It cannot stay. Force it out of here!" She did not want any chance it would stay and re-infect Brian or anyone else. Robert worked to cast an emergency healing spell that would, hopefully, get him on his feet and get him home.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top