LONDON CALLING - Page 75
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 75 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 75 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:37 am

Jack helped Jessie up as they heard Robert and Edward talking both breathed out in relife " I'll just be glad to get home" Jack said Jessie nodded that he agreed.

"yeah, Robert...um I mean Mr Lupin do you think maybe we could talk once were out of this nightmare?" Ruby asked as they walked in the direction Edward had indiated they should go.

"Im looking forward to a hot shower." Jessie said noting how the dirt clung to his trousers. Ruby on the other hand had gone quiet as she thought about her options, should she stay or report back to the ministry. She glanced over at Angus then back down at her feet as they walked. She'd actually found the mission enlightening about her skills and lack of skills. But she could wait to talk to Robert after Khaat was home. " still not fixed the seer issue yet." she said softly again.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:47 am

"Certainly," he told Ruby.

"We'll have to stop that ruddy sorceress to undo that business, I think," Robert said. "And we will. But think about it. What we know of Thomas Gelding is that he is not, in any way, capable of coming up with the sort of heinous place that we just got out of. And, half of those obstacles we dealt with were designed by and powered by magic. High powered magic, and we know for a fact that Gelding's grades in Hogwarts were not at all impressive. They probably gave him a diploma just to toss his arrogant arse out the door and get rid of him. He doesn't have the IQ to mastermind what we just saw. James has all the IQ of a hoe handle. So that old prison was modified by someone else, surely, by the sorceress and managed by someone with equally impressive skills since I have the sorceress. That means, in short, this isn't over. All we've accomplished is that we got Khaat and Marcus back. Not that that wasn't impressive. It was impressive, but we still have all our original problems.

"So, a good night's sleep, and we'll look at it with fresh eyes in the morning," Brian said. "I think we're all pretty much knackered for one night."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:55 am

Ruby nodded to Robert at his simple awnser then the explination of the horror house they'd just got away from. " Grinwald was educated at Durmstrang Institute wan't he?" she asked "it was his twisted experiments that was the reason for his expulsion at 16 years old from Durmstrang, before he could graduate." she waited and looked at them " I do my homework." she said seeing the look of suprise on Jessies face. "Grindelwald performed experiments that were too disturbing even for a school to take." Jack and Jessie both pulled a face " yeah a right nasty from the get go."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:50 am

"You're right, of course, but Gellert Grindelwald was one of the most evil wizards in modern history," Robert said. "Grindelwald's savagery was almost unparalleled for his time. But our problem? Thomas Gelding? Tom Gelding isn't nearly out of that mold. Tom Gelding's father was the nitwit who thought up the plan that he could make money off the backs of kidnap victims. I put a stop to him decades ago. He and I got into a duel, and I ended up killing him in self defense. Hadn't been my intention, but there it is. Tom was a young man, just out of Hogwarts himself. Tom's father had a coldness and a savagery to him that Tom just doesn't have. Tom is more of a nutter than his father was. Tom wants two things--he wants to make money like his father did. And, second, he wants to kill me as revenge for killing his father. And so far, he's been a miserable failure at both. He's a little twerp with delusions of power, and that's what makes him dangerous."

"Let's hope he keeps being a miserable failure," Edward said. "Look. I see something. Light."

"Yes. We might be getting to the edge of this woods and, hopefully into some sort of civilization," Robert said. They soon came to the same sort of iron fencing that had brought them in with a local village and their street lights straight ahead of them. "Well, we're at a different point of the property than when we started, but we're clearly at the edge of it. Hopefully our magic works now."

Edward drew his wand, more than ready to try. He tried a little apparating spell and found himself outside the fence rather than inside it.

"Lovely! We can go home, Boys and Girls. Last one home is a rotten egg," Edward teased everyone and apparated out.

"Well, I certainly don't need to be told twice," Mira said. "I'll see you lot there." She drew her wand and apparated back to Brian's estate.

"Marcus, can you manage?" Robert asked.

"Gelding took our wands, unfortunately," Marcus said. "But I don't care about a stinking wand. They can be replaced."

"We've got you covered--we'll get you home. The rest of you can make it from here, yes?" Robert asked.

"I'll stay until the others go," Angus said. "Go ahead. Why don't you go ahead, Ruby, and I'll catch up with you at the house. It's been a long ugly night, and I'm sure your probably want a shower and a hot meal like the rest of us. No point in you staying near this snakepit for one more moment. I'm sure we'll be right behind you."

"I'll stay with you so we keep everyone covered until they're safely out of her," Brian said, not wanting anyone to remain in this horrid place alone for a fraction of a moment.

"Signal if you have trouble," Robert told them, taking hold of Marcus. "I really need to get these two home so I can see to them properly. We'll see you there." He drew his wand and apparated home, taking Marcus and Khaat with him.

The moment they arrived at Khaat's kitchen, Kate was right there, alarmed at the state she saw Khaat and Marcus in.

"They're alright," Robert told her.

"They don't look alright," Kate said, watching Marcus pick Khaat up finally. Marcus hadn't felt able to try to battle Gelding's obstacle course while carrying Khaat, so he had simply supported her and had her walk with him, fully realizing she had gotten heavier by the moment. They weren't in danger now, so he could finally get her off her feet.

"She's been given a heavy amount of muggle drugs," Robert said to Kate as a means of explanation. "I'll take care of it."

"She's never had muggle drugs before. Are you sure she'll be alright?"

"Yes. She'll be fine. Don't worry. Now, listen. The others are coming right behind. Everyone's fine, but I'm sure they're going to want tea or coffee and food--and long, hot showers."

"We're ready for them. I've enchanted the bath towels to warm themselves, so they can get out of the shower to a nice warm bath towel. And we've got a big ploughman's with plenty for all set up in the dining room with a large tureen of cockaleekie soup, big pots of coffee and tea, and a plate of ginger biscuits that Michael made, and he tossed some minced dried apricot and some leftover chocolate chips into and drizzled a chocolate ganache across the tops. They're absolutely decadent."

"Sounds wonderful. Maybe I'll just have a couple dozen of those," he teased her. "I'm starving, but I'm going to see to Khaat and Marcus first. You'd have been proud of the team tonight. I don't know when I've seen them do better. It's a long story, but I don't know when I've been so proud of them. I'll tell you later. I'll be back after I tend to these two," Robert said.

"Do you need my help?"

"Nope. I've got it. Steer the team into the dining room for a well deserved meal, and I'll join them when I can," Robert said, going upstairs to see to Khaat's and to Marcus's medical needs. Khaat was in no shape to be anything other than a compliant patient. Marcus, on the other hand, wasn't usually very cooperative or compliant about anything medical. That was going to take more doing.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:49 pm

Ruby listened hearing about the rivalry between Robert and Gelding She had to agree with Edward about Gelding. " Agreed" she said as they walked looking up she saw the light and breathed out " thank god light at the end of the tunnel." she said glancing at Angus but saw his ushual stoic face as they walked. " um.. Mr Lupin does Angus ever smile?" she asked " all I've seen is his frown" she watched the others catch up Jessie and Jack took out their keys and ported back to the farm.

Ruby hung back a little waiting until Marcus and Khaat had left then she too headed back to the Farm. Moving to the kitchen she began seting up the table as Kate had spoke of what had been made for them to eat.

Kaden went to Jessie and checked him over finding nothing but a few scratches he quickly healed them. On hearing Robert say he was going to check Khaat he walked over to him " I'll come too, just to assist" he said reasuring him he was only there to help not interfear.

Jack went for a shower Jess followed leaving Ruby in the kitchen. She looked at Kate and then Angus shaking her head lightly. " I hope Khaat will be all right." she said moving to the dinning room.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:26 pm

"I've known Angus a very long time. He is from a long line of fighters. Remember what Edward is known for. He takes his job very seriously," Robert told her. "And, he had a relationship not very long ago, someone he believed was the woman he wanted to spend his life with, but, in short, it turned out that it was a male shapeshifter purposely planted in our circle to get an inside track to us. Long story short, the shapeshifter is dead, not by Angus's doing, and he's healing. But from what I've seen, he's also a gentleman. If you're interested in him, you'll find he's content, at least at first, to let the woman make the first moves, but he's also not going be interested in any sort of serious commitment."

When Robert got home, the first thing he did was to follow Marcus up to Khaat's room. Marcus laid her on the bed and was going to take her shoes off for her, but Robert stopped him.

"Thank you, but I can get it from here. Go get a shower, and I'll come see to your wounds shortly," Robert told him.

"I don't need..." Marcus began, not wanting any sort of medical attention.

"I know, I know," Robert said, touching Marcus's arm. This scene had played itself out before between them. "But you know the drill. I'll be over to your room next. Go." Fatigued and only wanting to unwind now, Marcus rolled his eyes, but he did as he was told. Then Robert took Khaat's shoes from her and sat down on the edge of the bed to start to assess her. He was in the midst of that when Jessie arrived.

"That's fine, Jessie," Robert replied when Jessie said he had come to assist. "There's a wash basin in Khaat's walk in closet over there," he pointed to the closet. "And towels and a washcloth in their bathroom. She's going to need freshened up. She's certainly been through it. I'm not liking what I'm finding, but I'm not going to tell that to Kate, not right now. Jessie, I am only going to tell you this, Jess, and Brian--at least for tonight Tomorrow might be a different story. Marcus is right. She's been given some high amounts of some weird combinations of muggle drugs. I'm surprised she's conscious at all, but that's not my first concern. Before Marcus left, I just happened to touch him. I don't detect any broken bones or serious physical injury from either of them. Both of them have loads of cuts and bruises. Those will heal quickly, but the wounds they have were caused by both of them being deliberately tortured. No wonder Marcus was so insistent of following this through tonight. It's what kept them both going. Marcus will handle it because he was trained to, but I don't know what she's going to be like emotionally when she wakes. I might keep her on a bit of a low dose of a nerve tonic or something if she needs it. It isn't the first time she's been tortured, but I do know that sort of emotional damage can become cumulative. If I don't find the potions I need here, I might need to send you to the farm to get them."

Downstairs, Kate was finishing up making a big jug of icy cold lemonade when Ruby mentioned her concerns.

"I hope so too," Kate said. "No one in our family has ever needed any sort of muggle medicine, so I have no idea how it will affect her. But--if anyone can sort it out, it's Robert. You would certainly think somewhere in those hundreds of books he has there would be some potion or spell to neutralize those sorts of toxins. Can't say that I believe muggle medicines are of much use to people like us. Even when muggles use them themselves, those artificial compounds only seem to fix one thing and poison another. Come get some food, Ruby, before the big boys get here and tuck into it. You'll find that you will want to get to the table in good time around here." She gave her a bit of an amused smile. When she had large team members like Jessie and Jack, they always had to cook a bit more than expected. Kate didn't mind, though. She was glad to have them around.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:48 pm

Ruby listened to Robert and his resoning about Angus at being told of the betrayal she frowned her self " I would have cut his balls off and shuved them so far down his throat for that, that...thats just wrong, hes a nice guy, he dosn't deserve that." she said continuing to listen and blush a little but understanding his words " thank you, I think I understand him a little better, and yeah i think I will" she said glancing over at Angus " but in small steps, healing can take a long time but with some one who cares it could be easier."

Kaden nodded to Robert and headed to the washroom, rtetreving a warm bowl of water and the cloth he set it down next to the bed on the night stand. As he moved he found a clean pair of pajamas and walked over with them. " I found these we could change her into, Im here if you need me to fetch anything, I am afer all your assistant." He said " I have to say though im am glad she and Marcus are back safe."

Ruby nodded but only took a small amount of food for herself she made up a plate and walked over to Angus " I noticed you did take a plate so..here, I got you one" she said holding it out for him. Sitting down next to him she took out a worn book she had tucked in her pocket on its spine were the words The Northumberland Bestiary. Opening it she began to read as she ate.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:22 pm

"Thank you," Robert told Kaden, and he set in straight away to get her cleaned up and changed, working on setting healing spells in place for the cuts and bruises as he went. He paused to check every cut and bruise he found to make sure he didn't miss anything.

"I appreciate the help. You picked one of her favorite pairs of pajamas, by the way. I don't know why she likes that pair, but she loves them. The other two pairs that she likes are both pairs that Brian bought her. One is pink silk with red roses, and the other is pink silk with butterflies. I certainly understand her liking the silk but that pair? I haven't got the foggiest, but she will pick that pair first more times than not. When Khaat moved in with Brian, he actually didn't bring much from the house where Michael lives now. He bought pretty much everything she needed right from scratch, and he's bought almost every single thing Abbey has ever owned. He told me he wanted to erase every memory she had of her first husband, and I think, for the most part, he has. I don't think she thinks about Rob anymore.

"But as for tonight's business, she's been held and tortured two other times. Once by an evil wizard named Neo's, and the second time was by James. That time made the headlines of every wizarding newspaper in England. It took her months to sort it all out in her head. And for me, it's just one more reason why I really want to see him rotting in Azkaban."

"Now, as for tomorrow, I'm going to need to get going to the French Ministry of Magic first thing in the morning to see their minister about tonight's events, and I don't know how long I will be gone. I will leave written instructions for you and Jess, if she helps you. I admit I don't know what Jess's St. Mungo's schedule is these days, but I don't want Khaat out of eyesight or earshot of somebody while I'm gone, not until I know how she's going to bear up. Don't let anyone hover too much over her. She will likely want her space, but don't let her be entirely separated off by herself if you can't either see her or hear her. I'll lighten that up as I see how she does. And don't be surprised if Marcus hangs tight to her. That's what he tends to do if he senses in any way that she wouldn't be able to defend herself if a fight came to her. I wouldn't worry about him being close because she's used to that."

Angus was grateful when Ruby brought him a plate. He had tried to step right back into kitchen duties, and he had been busy tending to the kitchen and the dining room and hadn't bothered serving himself.

"Oh, thank you," he said with a smile. "I guess I did forget to make one for myself, didn't I? I appreciate it. The bestiary, huh? I think every man in our family got one of those on his 16th birthday. I think for our family its sort of been a welcome-to-manhood sort of thing. My grandfather has always believed we needed to know as much as possible so we knew how to defend ourselves. I'm not sure where my copy is anymore. It's somewhere between here and Italy. I know, that narrows it right down, doesn't it?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:34 pm

Kaden listened and smiled tht he'd chosen her favorate pair " I guess she's just like me and likes her comfort." he said placing them down next to Robert. He stood watching as robert went over her with a fine tooth comb searching for any sign of serious damage. Finding none even Kaden breathed out. He listened to Robert talk of what he would do the next day and nodded " don't worry I'll pass on instructions to the others too." he said.

Ruby smiled back at him then showed him the book " yeah, my gram gave me it, said I should know about what I was going to see, I didn't know what she ment at the time and yeah i agree" when he spoke of his copy she chuckled and nodded " well, if you need to borrow one, I always have it on me, I'd be happy to lend you it." she looked around the kitchen and then back to him " need help in the kitchen?" she asked "Not much to do out there till Khaat wakes and Im not in a hurry to leave just yet."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:51 pm

"She does like comfort," Robert laughed. "Except her shoes. She insists on wearing high heels. Stilettos, in fact. Marcus hates them. More often than not, he purposely snaps off those spikey little heels on her shoes because he gets so frustrated with her about them. I won't be surprised if I open some drawer here and find it stuffed with broken heels off her shoes." He finally finished with what he could do for her at the moment, and, after they got the pajamas on her, he pulled the covers over her. "Marcus was right. The best thing for her right now is a good night's sleep. I think we could all use that after the day we've all had."

"Thanks, I'll remember that," Angus said to Ruby. . "I never know what Gelding is going to toss at us next, so it never hurts to brush up. And you're welcome to help me in the kitchen any time. After dinner is when I start preparations for breakfast. I always make a fresh fruit salad with plenty of berries because sometimes that's all little Miss Abbey will eat. And I promised I would make cinnamon rolls tomorrow. This crew likes my cinnamon rolls, and since they're yeast rolls, I have to get them made up the night before so they can rise overnight. So, just curious. None of my business really, but how long are you supposed to be lending us a hand? Is this a one day assignment or what?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top