LONDON CALLING - Page 60
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 60 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 60 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 80 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 60 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Kaden Phoenix Fri May 27, 2022 1:58 am

Jack looked at Jess who looked at Jessie all nodded to each other as Jack spoke " we all are in agreement, we like this plan" he said as Jess smiled then nodded. " we'll follow what ever plan you set. " Jack said both Jessie and Jess nodded.

"no objections here?" Jessie said as Kaden ported back in.

"okay some one changed the shift rota im actually not working today" he said with a chuckle." I'll change and be right back." He smiled and left to change out of his work clothes.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 am

"Alright, then," Robert said. "Seems like the motion carries, and we move forward. Michael, can you do any instruction with Mira without having to do physical activity to do it?"

"I don't see why not," Michael replied. "Some of the most critical movements require very fine motor skills. Lockpicking, pocket picking, safe cracking, knot tying, and a hundred other skills. And, I can get her paired up with Hiss. Hiss is jolly good at teaching a nearly endless list of knots. She can do that until near exhaustion if she likes. The thing about Hiss is that an enchanted rope never tires out."

"Good," Robert said. "Get on it with her, then, and see what she's made of. She either has the knack for it or she doesn't. See what you think of her."

"Fair enough," Michael said.

"Jessie, take Kaden over to Khaat's and get Angus to show him around the kitchen, the pantries, the walk in fridges, the greenhouses, the storerooms and all the supplies, the wine cellar, and tell Angus to especially show him the basement sickbay room."

"Why the wine cellar?" Edward asked. "Just curious."

"Firewhiskey," Robert said. "Has a wide myriad of practical uses. Brian keeps several cases of it on hand. Kaden needs to know where to find things. Mira has been helping to look after Abbey, so I think she has some of the main house figured out, but she might be helpful to Kaden, so you might want to include her in that orientation when Michael can spare her. I'll get with Brian and Khaat and Belby."

"Oh, and Jack and Jess, how soon can you move our livestock over to Khaat's barn and help with closing up this house temporarily so we can all move over to Khaat's?" Kate asked. "We really do need to be one cohesive team over there."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Fri May 27, 2022 2:17 am

Jessie nodded as Kaden looked on some what perplexed but he did as he was told and moved with Jessie who ported him over to Khaat and Brians "Good morning!!" Jessie called out to see if any one was there before showing Kaden every place that Robert had said each time Kaden went into a new room he made a mental note of where everything was so it would go back in the same place.

Jack and Jess looked at each other then to Robert " we can start right away, would shrink spells be allright for the larger animals to be able to transport them safely?" Jess asked hoping it would be that way they could move more than one animal at once. " Jack can fetch the carriers for the smaller animals." She added " might take a few trips but could be possible to be done this afternoon bar runnaways and escapees."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri May 27, 2022 10:04 pm

'I'm here," Angus said, calling out from the laundry room. "Tossing in a load of laundry. I'll be out in a sec, or feel free to help yourself, Jessie." If there was one thing that Brian's estate had, it was plenty of dirty laundry. There was always an abundance of that. Angus knew he could use a charm to get it done, but he believe it got cleaner if he tossed it in the machine himself the old fashioned muggle way.

"The larger ones, yes," Robert told Jess. "Be sure you don't do that with any of the eggs because that does tend to buggar up developing birds. And Kate says that, for some strange reason, our bowtruckles tend to get upset stomachs with certain spells, so don't be surprised if you get some that hurl with being moved. I am starting to think it is a sort of motion sickness, but I"m not entirely certain. The good thing is that a bowtruckle's stomach is really tiny, so it isn't a big mess."

"You ever try doing a robbery with a hurling bowtruckle?" Michael asked, coming in to the kitchen.

"Can't say that I have," Robert said.

"It's a pain in the butt," Michael said.

"Why did you have a bowtruckle with you?"

"Little buggar could get into all sorts of teensy places. He was remarkably helpful when he wasn't making a mess," Michael said.

"What or who were you robbing?" Robert asked.

"Back in the day," Michael said. "I was robbing Slughorn's potions stores."

"Oh! Was that when I needed the moonseed to brew a batch for Remus?"

"It was. And I got it too, without managing to wake up old Slughorn."

"Yes, that really was well done on your part," Robert said.

"Could I ask a favor?"

"Certainly. What is it?"

"Send someone around to my place to go get Hiss for me?" Michael asked.

"Certainly. Jess, could you or Jack go and get Hiss for Michael while you're out and about today? Or if Jessie and Kaden are going to be out, they could go, I suppose, but they don't know what they're looking for."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Sat May 28, 2022 12:01 am

Jessie looked up at Robert and chuckled " I don't know if Kaden likes snakes. Now Kaden looked up at them both and tipped his head

"A snake?" he asked " you treat them good and they will know your a good person, they only attack if you do." he said and chuckled " of course we could fetch Hiss, whats his personality like, do we go soft or quick?" Jessie sighed and nodded he agreed.

"okay but your carrying it." Jessie said and Kaden then laughed. Jess sat listening to Robert and nodded " okay I'll make sure not to feed them until we're at Khaats and their settled, that way their stomachs will be empty for the move." Jack nodded and agreed. " we'll get right on that once we finish breakfast.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat May 28, 2022 12:18 am

"This is Michael's house, remember? All is not what it seems. Hiss is Michael's enchanted climbing rope. It's sentient. You should be able to call it, however, on the offhand chance that Snidely has tied Hiss into a knot or locked him up someplace, you might have to get Snidely to tell you where Hiss is. I think you'll find Hiss to be a rather cheerful fellow, or at least that's how he's seemed to me," Robert said.

Robert listened to Jess's plan not to feed the livestock until they were fed. That wasn't a bad plan, all in all.

"Probably wise. The little pale green bowtruckle is a lonely little buggar. Kate often takes him with her in her shirt pocket because if she doesn't, he cries, and he is so completely pitiful if he cries. His name is Leonard--lousy name for a bowtruckle if you ask me, but there it is, Leonard. Look carefully in their habitat before you leave. If there are any babies or little ones, they're very easy to miss because they're so bloody small. Well, alright, I think that's about all I can tell you for now. I think I'd better get on to work. So you know, I am not waiting for Belby this morning. With James on the loose, she needs i more than I do right now. I'll see you all later." He flicked his wand and apparated out.

"Well, that's going to get Marcus in a right foul mood before he even gets started good today," Michael said. "I'll try to handle Belby when he arrives, and if I don't get anywhere, I'll just send Belby on to St. Mungos, and he can deal with Robert when he gets there."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Sat May 28, 2022 12:27 am

Kaden and Jessie ported to Michaels place and looked around for a rope. They could see snidly standing infront of a cupboard and Jessie walked over , opening it they saw a rope wrapped around a hook and tied. " okay Im guessing Hiss?" he said and the rope moved " yep Hiss, okay lets get you out of there." Kaden said adn carfully undid the knots holding it gently as they headed back to Khaats.

Jess and Jack found all the anlmals and crated them before shrinking them, even the smaller ones, not one was left behind even the babies were kept original size as Jack could carry them in two trips. Jess ported to Khaats and placed them in the barn resising them and feeding them. While Jack brought the last of the baby bowtruckle along with the green one called Leonard. " thats them all." Jack said to Robert as Jess took the babies and returned them to their mothers.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat May 28, 2022 12:41 am

Kate made her way into the barn just as Jack and Jess were butting the last of the livestock into their new homes.

"Oh, lovely!" Kate was pleased. "You've done a wonderful job. They all look happy and well taken care of. She heard the familiar sound of Leonard's sniffling. "Oh, Leonard, I couldn't forget you. Come on, then. You can come with me today. No more tears. You know I can't stand it when you cry."

She put the little creature in her shirt pocket just as Marcus came into the barn.

"Where..." Marcus began. He stopped and looked at her. "There's a stick in your pocket." She looked at him, completely amused, and she laughed.

"It's a good thing he doesn't see being called a stick an insult. Leonard, meet Marcus. Marcus, meet Leonard. He's a bowtruckle." Leonard peeked out of her pocket and nodded in greeting. Marcus looked at him for a moment, then he remembered his manners.

"Pleased to meet you, Leonard," Marcus said. "Kate, where is my client?" She could tell he was already irked that he couldn't find Robert. "I dont' want to hear that he's already gone to St. Mungos."

"Alright, I won't tell you, then," she said. Marcus didn't say a syllable. He drew his wand and apparated out. Kate knew that was Marcus's habit when he was really angry. The angrier he got, the quieter he got. "If you hear a sonic book from the south, then we can be pretty sure Marcus found Robert and is having it out with him. Jess, would you be kind enough to help Kaden find all the patch kits and make sure they are fully equipped with medical supplies, please? We don't know when we might use them next. Oh, and Robert bought some small wallet sized pouches to try to put together some pocket sized patch kits. Do you think you could give it some thought as to what you think the most essential things would be for a little pocket sized kit? You'll find them upstairs in our room here. There's in the bottom drawer of Robert's nightstand. I'd appreciate it."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Sat May 28, 2022 12:51 am

Jess smiled seeing Kate walk into the barn Jack looked up from settling some Hypogriffs into their stable. " they seem happy" she said and watched her pick up Leonard and place him in her pocket " yeah couldn't forget that little guy" she said just as Angus walked in then ported she assumbed to go after Robert.

"we'll keep and ear out" Jack said and chuckled from inside the stall. "hey thats not straw." Jess heard him say. Looking at Kate she nodded again " we'll get right on those and I think its a good idea with how many times we all are hurt even just a little, oh hows Abby?" Jess asked picking up a pigmy puff and stroking it to calm it.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat May 28, 2022 1:05 am

"She seems delighted to have us all under one roof again. Khaat went in to work early, and heavens only knows where Brian went to so early in the morning today. So, I fixed her some strawberry pancakes with strawberry syrup, and I promised her we would make some strawberry ice cream sometimes today so we could have some tonight after dinner. Right now, she's with Edward. he seems to think she can learn French. He says that the earlier you start a foreign language with a child, the easier it is for them to learn. I suppose he's right. He would know, after all, I suppose, having so many children and grandchildren to teach French and Italian to. Anyway, he seems to have found a way to make it fun for her. She's having a great time spending the morning with him, and he is completely taken with her, saying how smart she is.

"So, that gives me some time. I told Robert I would work on some very soft black leather holsters so that they're more flexible and quieter. Should give us some better mobility and help us be more stealthy. I've also found our Venice outfitter has been able to find us all some brand new black leather boots with soft soles that are supposed to prove to give us better agility, and of course, a lot more stealth. If i get time, I'll pop over to Venice and get them for us, unless someone else has a hankering to go to Venice for the day."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 80 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top