Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 30
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 30 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fee Fi Fo Fum

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 30 Empty Re: Fee Fi Fo Fum

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:47 am

Jess watched as Brian left then returned with the nearly empty bottle her mouth fell open at the revelation. " I'll personally hand deliver it Kate" she said folding her arms " hes always getting on at us to not over use our energy's and to regularly replenish them, its taught to us as soon as we become healers." she said a little annoyed but feeling Jack take her hand in his she took a deep breath in.

"I agree with Brian, a good sleep might have been all he needed." he said hoping it would be, but at the same time having been told just how stubborn Robert was he felt it wouldn't.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:01 am

Michael sent for a couple mugs of coffee when he'd been upstairs about 45 minutes. but it was well over 90 minutes before he came back downstairs.

"He's agreed to see you both, but I can tell you he's not going to be able to deal with much nagging. He's well aware that it went too far, but, as he explained it to me, each time he overdid it, he truly expected that his problems with scheduling would be resolved and he always anticipated to get home each night and that would be the end of it."

"Well, that is what he told me, as I recall. He always said he had just one more thing to do, just one more thing. But there was always just one more thing," Kate said.

"It was a chain of nonstop emergencies that got completely too long for him to deal with on his own. He's asked me to contact Lee and see if any of those healers can start earlier and help him out so he can take a couple days for himself. I don't have to tell you he really thinks nothing is going to help except getting all these issues resolved, and he thinks that's just going to take time," Michael said.

"It might take time, but I want to see for myself just what his real condition is," Brian said. "Coming, Jess?"

"I'm going with you," Michael said, "in case he just doesn't deal with it well, but I think he's spewed out just about all the anger he's got for a bit. Go gently, will you, he's as tired as I've ever seen him."

"I'll do my best," Brian said, standing and picking up Robert's bag.

"I should go with you," Khaat told him.

"No, wait here," Brian said. "Let us see him and see how it goes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22630
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:09 am

Jack sighed and shook his head but Jess smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "of course I'm coming" she said and stood up to walk with Brian back to Roberts room. " and St Mungos does get really busy, I've seen it myself, both Khaat and I have had to pull double shifts." she said " so I will go easy this time."

Jack saw Jess leave and looked at Khaat and Kate " listen could you gather something that would be fitting for a wedding, I want to surprise Jess while were in Greece, but I'm not good at organizing things like this." he asked them " nothing fancy simple but magical." he said and grinned to both of them, "Im going to pop into that jewellery shop Brian took me too and get the wedding rings engraved."
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 am

Michael refilled Robert's coffee mug for him and led the way upstairs to Robert's room. Michael knocked and opened the door slightly.

"We come bearing refills," Michael smiled.

"In lieu of olive branches?" Robert asked.

"Basically, yes," Michael replied.

"Come. You're going to anyway," Robert sighed. Michael motioned to Brian and Jess, and then Michael went in and went over to the bed. He was glad he had taken the time to get some pillows and put them behind Robert so he could sit up and be comfortable. He handed the coffee mug to Robert. "They've promised not to nag, and you've promised not to be unreasonable."

"I am never unreasonable," Robert said. Michael rolled his eyes. "Yes, alright. I know." Michael walked away from the bed and took a seat in one of the club chairs near the fireplace to let Jess and Brian do their work.

"So," Brian said, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Robert, "got away from you, did it?"

"No, not really. I had it in control--and every time I had it in control, someone new chucked a monkey wrench in my plans and I had to try to rearrange it all. It just didn't get better soon enough, I guess."

"I guess not," Brian said, touching Robert's forehead. Brian frowned deeply. He knew the powerhouse Robert's energy field felt like. This morning, even after a full night's sleep, it felt nearly entirely empty. If it had felt this low last night, Jess surely would have detected that severe of a drain. His guess was that the potion he'd been taking caused a temporary misleading reading of his true energy level."

"Double check me, Jess, before we go further. Please." Brian told her quietly, not going any further until he was sure they were getting an accurate reading. "I want to be sure we're seeing the same thing."

"I know, it's a little low. It's normal," Robert told them. Brian was only half listening. Robert apparently didn't know how low his energy level actually was.

"We'll be happy to. Marcus is going with you, so he can be a go-between for us," Kate said. "We want you and Jess to have a good time."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:31 am

Jack smiled and nodded " thank you Kate" he said and sat back in his chair knowing Jess would not know what hit her when he springs his surprise.

Jess sighed and followed Brian inside Robert and Kate's room. She watched Brian place his hand on Robert and frown. Walking over she too touched him and shook her head. " we are, his energy is almost gone" she said feeling annoyed but not saying anything. Taking a deep breath she let some of her energy flow into him. " this won't do much seeing how low it is but it will keep him from passing out again" she said and looked to Brian " My opinion several days rest and recovery." she looked up at Brian hoping he would agree with her prognosis.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 am

"No question about it," Brian said. "Robert, I've been taking care of you, when you'll let me, for many years now. I know what your energy levels feel like. You trained me to know that, remember? It was part of my healer's training, and Jess's too, I'll wager. Jess is completely right. Your own natural energies are nearly gone. That's exactly why you felt so drawn to that energy potion. You don't dare try to go to St. Mungos or the Ministry either one for at least the next three or four days. I'm not going to ground you to bed because, first, you won't listen anyway, but if you're not working, then you aren't going to have to try to force yourself to be more functional than you are." He put his hand back on Robert's forehead.

"And you've dropped some weight. Almost an entire stone. Resizing your trousers, are you?"

"Just a little," Robert admitted.

"Yes, well, you're going to need a vitamin tonic too, along with some rest. Your vital signs are all buggared, and especially your magical systems. No more healing spells for a few days. No more magic for this weekend, if you can help it." He looked at Robert who was starting to look annoyed now.

"You don't believe me? Let's let Jess make her own assessment. If she disagrees with me or finds something different, I will make a full apology," Brian said.

"I have to work, Brian," Robert said quietly. "I can give it today..."

"You'll give it until I release you," Brian said with quiet firmness. "If I have to officially ground you from both your jobs, I will."

"You think you're going to need to do that, do you?" Robert asked.

"Jess, let's make sure we're still on the same page. See what you think."

"Robert, let's not make a repeat of 1998, shall we?" Michael asked quietly.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:54 am

Jess opened Roberts bag while Brian was talking and took out the vitamin tonic and placed it next to a glass of water next to his bed. She turned to look at Brian when he mentioned her name " I don't have to check, I agree with you." she said looking at Brian then down to Robert. " several days rest won't harm you, you get to spend time with Kate and Abby, enjoy it." she said handing him a spoon and the glass of water. " now, open up and down in one" she said now feeling like a healer in st Mungo's with a patient.

Jack headed up to their room and picked up her bag and his own moving them down to the front door ready for when they would leave. Now even he was looking forward to the break.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:06 am

To Brian's surprise, Robert didn't give Jess a hard time about the vitamin tonic--not this time anyway. He simply took the spoon from her and took the potion, waving away the glass of water and picking up his coffee mug instead.

"So, until I get back from Greece, you'll be off work. You won't be leaving this house. I don't care if someone blows up Diagon Alley. You're here. Understand me?" Brian asked. "I'll send word to Prewitt, and to the director at St. Mungos."

"Very funny," Robert said at the mention of having to arrange a medical leave with Khaat.

"I'll talk to Angus about adding some extra nutrition to your meals because clearly your appetite is off. And we'll write out the dosing instructions for he potions in case you do hit a sleeping stretch and lose track of them."

"You'll actually trust me to take them for myself, will you?" Robert asked.

"Yes, so long as you do it," Brian said.

"I'll keep him company for a day or so," Michael said. "We do not need history repeating itself."

"Well, we're almost right down on it, as it is," Brian said. He looked at Jess to signal her that he would explain later. Send us word if you need anything, Michael."

"Will do," Michael said.

"Are we satisfied for now, Jess, do you think?" Brian asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:14 am

Jess placed the glass down on the night stand and listened to Brian talk to Robert. "yes, I'm in complete agreement Brian " she said then looked to Michael and nodded but was puzzled about the comment of history repeating its self. She brushed it off for now feeling Brian would explain when he was ready. She cleaned up the room and nodded to Michael.

Jack moved to the living room and sat waiting for Jess to appear. He picked up a magazine and saw an arch made of roses, white roses and imagined Jess stood under it with him as they said their vows and it made him smile lazily.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 am

"Don't give Kate and Khaat reason to worry, will you?" Brian said gently, closing the bag. "You're not alone in this. How soon can you get word to Lee, Michael?"

"Any time," Michael said.

"Do it, and I'll have Angus bring up some breakfast for you," Brian said.

"Any reason why I can't help him shower later?" Michael asked.

"He isn't going to be up to much except perhaps washing up until tomorrow night or the next morning, and that's with you helping him.Be very careful if you let him shower before we get home. He might not be up to doing much, even with help," Brian cautioned.

"I presume, then, you know I"m staying while you're gone," Michael said.

"I had hoped so, yes," Brian said. "I'll have Angus prepare the room next door to this for you."

"That isn't necessary," Robert began.

"Yes it is," Michael said. "Consider me extra security for Abbey and Kate, then. You certainly won't be much help. If you're lucky, I'll let you beat me at chess a time or two."

"Let me beat you? Seriously?" Robert frowned. "When have you beat me?"

"Well, now I see that not only has the body gone but the memory has surely already followed," Michael teased him.

"God, and you're going to leave me with him for three days," Robert groaned. Brian laughed.

"I'm going to let Kate come see you until your breakfast comes. She was completely right to be concerned," Brian said. "Come on, Jess. I'm sure we have things to do before we go, and Michael needs to contact Lee."

Michael and Brian left. Brian went downstairs and sent Kate upstairs and asked Angus to send up breakfast. Brian filled in Kate and Khaat on Robert's condition and then went to the study to write up some orders for Robert and gather some potions. Marcus took Khaat back upstairs to finish packing.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum