Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 16
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 16 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fee Fi Fo Fum

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 16 Empty Re: Fee Fi Fo Fum

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Jack listened to Marcus as he spoke about being married..sort of." bad break man, but your doing the right thing for your kids, I don't have any and when or if I do I'd be the same, kids first." he said his hands in his pockets as they walked to the next cabin.

He listened to Marcus talk about how to shop for a woman and he sighed "There's a lot to remember." he said rubbing the back of his neck. " but yeah I'll take notes and make double sure I get the right size in everything" then he stopped and thought for a moment. "Well, I know she doesn't wear heels well not Khaat sized heels, and her clothes are all sensible no frills like Khaat."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:19 pm

"I ended what marriage we did have when I came home from assignment and found she'd buggared off with some bloke and left my kids on their own. My kids, at the time, were 4, 4, 1, and 6 months. They were cold and dirty and hungry when I came home. No idea how long they'd been alone. I took them, and we went to my parents. Now they stay with Mum and Dad when I'm working, and Evelyn is...well, she's a harpy. A red haired screeching harpy. Thank God I don't have to contend with her often. My kids want nothing to do with her, and I'm not going to make them see her.

"I don't think you'll have that problem with Jess. She seems to be the maternal type. Healers often are, though. I think she'll be a good mother when the time comes for it."

"Let's check these other cabins and get back to the house. The night air is starting to get damp, and it's getting really cloudy. Might be heading for rain. I'd like to not be out in it if I don't have to be. I think we can do these pretty quickly, don't you?"

It didn't take long for them to take care of tightening security on the cabins. When they arrived at the barn, Marcus was a bit confused when he saw one of the grooms moving some cuts of meat from a freezer in the barn to a refrigerator.

"Now, why are you here this time of night, and why are you storing meat in the barn?" Marcus asked.

"Not for people, Mate," the groom laughed. "Robert has a hippogriff. He's a big one at that. We keep a back up freezer here in case something goes sideways with the one at Robert's farm. Have you ever had to deal with a snarky hippogriff?"

"Can't say as I have," Marcus said. "What's he got a hippogriff for?"

"Dunno. Wanted one, I suppose. Ask him. Anyway, he's a big one, and the freezer is out over there, so I'm thawing him some rations for morning. What you two doing out here this time of night?"

"Tightening security on the buildings," Marcus said.

"After them killin's in town, huh? Can't say as I blame you. There are a lot of blonde women here. We don't need anything happening to them. Did you see there's been a run at Slugs and Jiggers for magical hair dye--any color but blonde."

"You don't say," Marcus said.

"Gonna get some meself," he nodded. "Well, I'm off to bed, then. Gotta go to Robert's at daybreak. Goodnight, then."

"Night," Marcus said. He looked at Jack as the groom left. "They're spooked. That's for sure."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Jack frowned and nodded " yeah those are the worst" he said as they continued to the cabin. As he spoke of Jess Jack could not help but smile and nod " yeah I get that from her." he said softly. Jack followed Marcus to the next cabin and together they quickly reinforced the locks and spells around it, once all were done he followed him to the barn and coughed holding his nose at the smell of meat.

He didn't want it to affect him so stood up wind while Marcus talked to the man. Once done he nodded at Marcus words " yeah, very spooked." he said " I'm wondering if Robert will want us to investigate the murders to find out if they are connected or are just coincidence." he said walking into the house.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:45 pm

"Unless I miss my guess, Robert already has some sort of suspicion. Did you notice how much he avoided the subject? I bet you he's got some strong ideas himself, and he's working on something," Marcus said. "If he didn't have some suspicions that James was behind last night's killing, I think he'd have come straight out and told us at lunch, but he avoided it. And all he would say about this noon's killing is that the report would be available tonight. It only makes me want to pick his brain all the more, and it makes me want to see the reports all the more. I'm hoping that when we get this done, we might find Robert is done with Jess and Khaat and might have a moment to fill us in. Let's go check out the guest house and then get back. I hear the guest house is very nice, so I'm kind of anxious to see it. Might be a good place for a certain couple to start a family. Perhaps. If its three bedroom, I bet four kids would fit there with their parents easily. Maybe five in a pinch. What do you think?" Marcus was only about half teasing. He didn't actually see Jack and Jess wasting much time before their relationship became very serious. His own prediction was that when Jack and Jess finally became physical, the kids would come almost straight off but maybe Jack needed to find that out for himself.

When they reached the log guest cabin and went in and lit the lights, Marcus looked around. "Not bad," he said. "Open floor plan, rustic country decor. Bright color scheme. Someone worked hard to make this a welcoming place for guests. It's all been done around comfort. Not bad at all." He drew his wand and started casting protection charms so that Jack could check the doors and windows.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:55 pm

Jack chuckled and shook his head " yeah, I got that feeling too." he followed him to the cabin and stepped inside and looked around. the cabin was just as he would have wanted it. "Yeah, couldn't have done better myself" he said as he checked the windows and doors.

Soon he found himself in the main bedroom, there sat a wood four poster bed with light curtains surrounding it. " Jess would love this bed" he said running his hand over the smooth rounded posts that sat in the corners. Returning to the main living room he chuckled " be a good home for some one some day." he said looking out to see the main house. Just the right distance to have privacy but also close if needed, good location too."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:10 pm

"It would also be a good place to get away for a night or two without leaving the grounds--even if you wanted to work during the day and spend your off time here," Marcus said. "Definitely was designed for privacy in mind. Did you notice the silver stand beside the bed? That's for an ice bucket--a nice one. Let's see....aha! Here it is." He held up a beautifully elegant silver ice bucket. "That's not any old cheap ice bucket. This thing is top notch. And, let's see... hm..Lead crystal vases--the man was thinking champagne and flowers. Looks like Brian was covering his bases pretty well, if you ask me."

He finished casting what spells he could inside, and, out of curiosity, he went to the fridge and opened it. "And look what we have here. Two bottles of champagne just chilling and waiting. I might have misread Brian. I saw Khaat as perhaps taking the lead between them in the romance department. Seems I might have been wrong about that. He evidently holds his cards rather close to the vest, doesn't he? Interesting how much you can learn about a man by how he decorates his place. Let's give it six months and see how much I can learn about you in your place, Jack," he teased.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:35 pm

Jack smiled and nodded he glanced over at the silver bucket and shook his head."the base is silver plated, or I wouldn't be able to touch it." he said taking hold of it and moving it so Marcus could place the bucket into it.

"wow fancy, and expensive bottles I believe too" he said picking one up and looking at the label." he heard Marcus say he'd probably know a lot about him and he laughed " oh im an open book, if you haven't noticed" he said " and I guess he does with the job he does, secrecy and all."

He wondered if this was something Jess would like for a romantic evening after the trip to Greece. Once he knew her better and more personal. " I think Jess would love it here." he said facing Marcus as together they headed up to the main house. " as for rain..." he lifted his head and took a deep breath in " yep it will, damp in the air" he tapped his nose "wearwolf nose." he chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:48 pm

"I don't have a werewolf nose, but I've had my fair share of being outside in crappy weather. I've learned to watch the weather a lot more than I used to. Well, I think, with all the area we just walked, we've done enough of a workout for one evening. I'm ready to get back inside and get a hot shower and settle in for the evening. I have some reading I need to do--dossiers and such that I didn't have a chance to get to before Robert summoned me. I normally have all my homework done before I take an assignment. That just didn't happen with this one. I'd like to feel fully informed by morning, though, if I can manage it. And since Jess went to sleep early, I guess that leaves you on your own until morning, doesn't it? What does one do here when everyone has gone their separate directions? Just in case I manage to find a moment to get bored," he grinned, and as he did, he began to feel it begin to sprinkle.

"Well, it looks like it's going to be an evening indoors because here comes that rain after all," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:58 am

Jack thought for a moment then smiled " there's the gym in the basement, the pool when its not raining, I think Kate was thinking of adding an artist studio some where. " he said to Marcus " oh there's always Roberts extensive library, so I'm told" he walked to the kitchen to get a cookie.

"well right now I'm off to sleep, or to check on Jess." he said smiling as he headed up the stairs to Jess's room . Once there he sat down beside her on the bed.

"Hey Jack" she said sleepily "your back already" she asked and he nodded.

"yep all locked up and spells replenished and strengthened thanks to Marcus, I also saw the guest house and I have to say its perfect." he saw her yawn and smiled " you sleep Ill be right here." he said brushing her hair off her face as he lay down on top of the covers next to her.

"that's good." Jess said as she moved to rest her head on his chest. " humm your warm" were her last words before she fell asleep not seeing a smiling Jack who wrapped his arm around her waist gently.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:09 am

Brian got up early in the morning, most unusually skipping his morning workout altogether. He didn't send for coffee either. He was off his time by a good deal. Normally rising at 5 am, it was now 7:30 am. He didn't have any trainings for the ministry today, and he was glad for that. He knew he had taken up the bet to go shopping with Jack for Khaat and Jess, and he wasn't going to miss it. He was tired, though. He hadn't slept much, and he was tired. He was showered and changed, into jeans and a plain white shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He went downstairs and saw Angus just starting to work on a big skillet of scrambled eggs. Other dishes were finished and sitting on the counter under one of Angus's warming spells.

"Where have you been, Mate? You look like hell," Angus said.

"Sharing a bed with a Lupin woman isn't always a good thing," Brian yawned, pouring himself a cup of coffee. "Didn't sleep much. Khaat was having nightmares all night, and every time she'd doze off to sleep, she woke me up with her nightmares. I finally cast a sleep spell on her at about 4:30 this morning. She might miss breakfast, but that's fine. She'll live."

"You still going shopping?" Angus asked.

"If I don't, she'll never let me live it down," he said.

"You have a game plan?"

"Yes," Brian grinned.

"Gonna tell me?"

"No," he replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next